August 1, 2014 | 1643 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Damage Therapy Conditioner Intensive Repair

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by jueykang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE this conditioner. I was researching for a great conditioner that was cheap and effective. I heard a lot of great things about this conditioner and decided to take the plunge and buy it, and I was not dissapointed at all! Its amazing! I used it on the same day that I used a clarifying shampoo to really test it out. Since clarifying shampoos strip my hair of everything and leave it super dry and sad, I like to take that time to test out new conditioners. Dove's Intensive Repair conditioner made my hair feel as if I never used the clarifying shampoo at all. My hair was so moisturized and soft! I love using this conditioner, it's totally worth the money. Actually, its worth more than what I paid for it! Go dove!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirlx33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This thick, moisturizing, and smooths my coarse, damaged hair. Plus it's inexpensive and smells great.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by breakfastattiffanys11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! This is an absalute life saver! My hair is heavily highlighted, frizzy, fine, and lately due to the summer FRIED! I was so scared that I was going to have to chop my hair off because I have never felt my hair feel so damaged. The hair around my hairline was fried, coarse, and wirey.

I bought this conditioner along with the shampoo and my hair looks like commercial hair (and I do not have good hair!). The fried pieces still feel a little dry, but they are honestly almost 95% better after two uses. I wanted to wait a little longer before I reviewed, but I have never been so happy with a hair product. The rest of my hair feels like silk. I cannot stop touching it because my fingers literally glide right through. My hair is super shiny, soft, and not completley weighed down (right now I am willing to sacrafice a little bit of volume).

The past few days that I have used this I have just let my hair air dry and it looks as though I blow dried it and straightened it. I will have to update after I play around with my hair more after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 1:51:00 PM More reviews by christena23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Leaves the hair very soft and shiny, I have always liked dove conditioners...smells good too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by ctm16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

i was the kind of person who would look for a new shampoo/conditioner to try before i had finished half of the current bottle i was using. WAS. i have been using this conditioner (and matching shampoo) for a solid 18 months. this is an amazing feat on my part. i LOVE this product. it absolutely delivers on all of its promises. every time i have gotten my hair cut, the stylist has commented on the great shape that my ends are in! i have curly, medium thickness, slightly coarse (curse you, genes) hair and this is just the perfect thing for it. i have tried "high-end" salon shampoos right down the line to suave, and i am not kidding when i say this is the best.

sidenote(s): if you can, buy the pump bottles. so handy:) also, i know this is a review for the conditioner, but i like to replace the matching shampoo with a clarifying one about once a week. i find this helps with the SLIGHT buildup you can get from the conditioner. i'm currently using herbal essence drama clean and it works fine.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is another very good conditioner. It makes my hair soft and smooth BUT without the greasiness I get after some hours (and even more the next day) when using conditioners with silicones. Actually it manages to give even some volume and the biggest point is that it is able to tame my frizzies so that I donít need smoothing lotions or ironing. I think that it depends on the almost perfect balance of heavy and light silicones (dimethicone and amodimethicone) and lactic acid (great stuff for skin and hair) without addition of further oils and lubricants, which can make hair nicely smooth just after styling but make it also heavy and greasy after some hours and the next day. The ingredients seem to be the same or similar to the old version in the blue bottle, only the UK version seems to be different than the original one and without lactic acid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Supbeeautiful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried this out on a whim, before even reading reviews. I really love this. I've tried a good amount of drug store conditioner and I love this one the most, by far. It leaves my hair solft, and it doesn't weigh it down. I'm not sure abou tthe "Up to 95% fewer split ends" because I still see split ends. This conditioner de-frizzes my hair. The smell is pleasant. I really like the formula. It's thick and creamy and you don't have to use much to achieve the softness for your hair. I repurchased this again today because I am that satisfied. Also, it's only $5 for the 25.4 fl oz bottle...which is a really good deal!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First, my hair situation. It's long, thick and wiry with 3-4 different textures going on. After years of chemical straightening, I gave up torturing my hair and started getting it blown dry and flat ironed. After a few years of doing this, I read that repeated, intense heat can actually change the molecular structure of the hair. I believe this is what happened to my hair.

Not ready to give up the blowdrying and flatironing, I started doing my hair myself, using the Dove Advance Care Conditioner. I'd seen the commercials between segments of Oprah when the Dove campaign came out and thought that the women in the commercial really represented ALL women. They all had different types of hair (like me!) so I reached for this in the drugstore a few months ago.

It's so rich and thick and creamy! Even though my hair is long, thick and wiry, this calms it right down. I generally use 1 tablespoon full and starting at the ends, work my way up to the roots until there is practically nothing left in my hands. This makes a huge difference in the results because I find that starting at the roots deposits too much product near the scalp and my hair needs the least amount of conditioning. Makes sense because that is where the new growth is.

I rinse rinse rinse and then a final cool water rinse. I then add an additional leave-in conditioner and some silicone product and I'm tready to blow it dry. I cannot believe how silky, shiny and fresh my hair feels and smells. I will keep this on hand for sure!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Mickey41

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this conditioner. Finally a conditioner that doesn't weigh down hair and adds volume. My hair feels so healthy and looks so bouncy. I highly recommend this conditioner to everyone. Leaves your hair looking AMAZING! This product has so many great reviews for a darn good reason. My new HG conditioner =)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Jany

This is an excellent conditioner for such a great price. This makes your hair so shiny just after one use. Myhairdresser commented that my hair was so shiny! It's not too heavy and gives your hair lots of volume and your hair just feels so much better after you put it on. I notice less tangles as well.