Dove Damage Therapy Conditioner Intensive Repair

4.3

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Dimethicone , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Behentrimonium Chloride , Lactic Acid , Fragrance , Dipropylene Glycol , Amodimethicone , Potassium Chloride , Gluconolactone , Adipic Acid , Disodium EDTA , Sodium Sulfate , Trehalose , DMDM Hydantoin , PEG-7 Propylheptyl Ether , PEG-150 Distearate , Cetrimonium Chloride , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Yellow 5 (CI 19140) , Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 1/9/2012 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I stopped using this product about a year ago after a hairdresser told me it was really bad for my hair. She then tried to get me to buy some really expensive conditioner from her shop, which I declined. I tried to stop using shampoos and conditioners with a lot of silicone, believing it would make my over-processed dried out hair even worse. To cut a long story short, I wish I had never stopped using this. Yes it may coat the hair, but when hair is severely damaged like mine it NEEDS a protective coating to prevent further damage. Who cares if it leaves a build-up? You can always use a clarifying shampoo now and then to get rid of that.
When I stopped using this my hair broke even more and got really thin and seemed to stop growing past a certain point. I finally saw sense and started using Dove Damage Therapy again. Wow! My hair looks so much better now! I can actually get a brush through it without breaking it. I've tried a lot of shampoos for damaged hair and this is by far the best. I never intend to be without it again! Highly recommend :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wouldn't use this everyday as my hair is pretty 'normal' and this would weigh it down, however I use it after my clarifying shampoo (about once every two weeks) and the results are amaaaazing! I was thinking of buying something expensive like a B&B conditioner or Kerastase treatment to use after clarifying but now I don't have to and can spend the extra money on something else as it's so affordable :) Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/25/2011 12:20:00 PM

Colour me unimpressed.

I was reluctant to try this product given my bad history with Dove when I was younger. With my oily roots, the dove products I used back then made my hair so greasy it left a residue on my hands whenever I fisted a handful. But that was back then.

Now I have been rebonding my hair, and four months ago, I permed my hair. I tried to minimise damage to my mane through using salon products (L'Oreal Absolut Repair, the whole package set) which was great smelling and wonderfully detangling. Unfortunately, a recent haircut revealed my very damaged hair.

Desperate for a cure yet reluctant to spend more dough, after reading the glowing reviews on MUA, I decided to give it a shot. Anyway it'll be S$11, so no harm done if I don't like it. I bought the smaller tube so I won't have to deal with finishing the rest if I hated the product.

I must say that the packaging is pretty neat. The nozzle through which the conditioner comes out is star shaped, so I had a very fun time making nice cupcake swirls in my hand. I also must commend the duo-coloured conditioner, the gold streak makes for great psychological visual 'proof' that it is more 'nutritious' than normal white-coloured conditioners.

The conditioner wasn't very detangling. I had a few tangles here and there but the conditioner didn't provide enough slip to untangle the mess. And I absolutely disliked the smell. My mum said my hair smelled great but personally the musty, powdery smell kind of reminded me of my grandmother. While I love my grandmother very much, I don't want to smell like her, thank you very much. The only good thing that happened to my hair was the added shine, which may or may not be due to this since I was using Sebastian Potion 9 and jojoba oil for blowdrying and styling.

Overall: disappointing. Perhaps I had harboured too high expectations for a drugstore product. Judging from the glowing reviews though, I must've been unlucky enough to get a defective tube. For now, though, I still vastly prefer my L'Oreal Absolut Repair conditioner and am on my search for the prince charming of hair products.

on 12/19/2011 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I just noticed that I've been using this conditioner a lot, almost all of it has gone. I keep changing conditioners so much, I hardly ever use the whole bottle (or tube). I have a lot of half used conditioner bottles and tubes everywhere.
This conditioner was not anything special when I first tried it. Almost all repairing conditioners work the same for me the first time. Usually I'll notice it much later if it's good or not. Bad ones lose their "power" after few tries and they usually make my hair feel either weighed down and greasy or then they just leave them feeling dry and frizzy.
This conditioner kept it's power well. I haven't even noticed any change, I've just been using it time after time and I haven't felt the need to use another conditioner. That's a sign of a great conditioner.
There's only one other daily conditioner that I keep buying again and again and this is going to be my second favorite. I'm going to have to buy a new tube soon. My hair is on a very good condition after using it constantly. I have naturally culrly, coarse and frizzy hair, but this conditioner keeps my hair very soft and healthy feeling.
Great product.

on 12/16/2011 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I really like this conditioner and the accompanying shampoo. I was trying the no-sulphate & no -cones regime, but my hair needed some thorough cleansing from time to time and this one came through perfectly.

The texture is creamy and thick. You don't need too much to cover your hair and scalp, but I do use a lot when I use it because afro-caribbean hair can get quite dry in between washes. Thanks to the dimethicone the slip is really good, and the conditioner either sits or washes off nicely without clumping up.

The scent is warming, and pleasant to encounter when you scent a wiff. The scent would be nice as a perfume too.

The after-care of my hair is the point that puts the extra marks on this product: my natural curls are really evident and healthy. My hair shines, and feels enriched, which is really something for natural hair.

I think that I will use this as an intensive conditioner especially after a week of doing wash and gos.

I got a 750ml for 1.19 from Asda (British Walmart), but at the moment Wilkinsons is doing them at a two for one.

Go try ladies, and let me know what you find out.

on 12/14/2011 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I decided to try this out after some research here on MUA. I have had my hair colored, permed, straightened, blow dried and flat ironed constantly for the past few years. I always have split ends and my hair feel very dry and frizzy lately.

I bought both the shampoo and conditioner on sale. I have to say the result it great. After one use, my hair is softer and shinier. Although the ends are still a bit dry, it has improved a lot. It does seem to weight down my hair a bit but then I am not sure what is the true cause of this since I have been using SAO and a leave-in conditioner too. I am willing to sacrifice some volume to make my hair healthier.

I will continue to monitor the condition of my hair and update here if necessary.

on 12/4/2011 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've been using this conditioner in the shower everyday for about a month now and I'm very pleased with it. I have very fine blond hair that gets damaged easily, and I need a fairly heavy conditioner to keep it from frizzing and breaking. this is doing the job very well. I'm still using my redken anti-snap leave in conditioner whenever I blow dry my hair, but when I let my hair air dry, the Dove conditioner is all I need to keep my hair healthy looking. I still love my tressemme conditioner though, and I may go back to using it when I run out of Dove. I haven't decided yet which is better.

on 11/30/2011 10:58:00 AM

I've been using this conditioner on & off for about 2 years, & I love it! I don't have the shampoo, I use a different shampoo & I use this conditioner as a deep conditioner every once in a while. Since I straighten my hair a lot & I want to keep my hair healthy, I needed a good conditioner for repairing and preventing damage. This conditioner has everything I'm looking for. It hydrates, repairs, prevents damage, smells great, & allows my hair to stay healthy. I love Dove products. This conditioner is also pretty cheap, especially for the amount you get. The bottle is huge, it will last you a while. No complaints:)

on 11/20/2011 7:58:00 PM

This, along with the matching shampoo, is nothing short of AMAZING. I have never thought to use Dove hair products since sampling one of the shampoo/conditioner duos years back which left my hair a filmy, coated, yet dry disaster. (Not sure which Dove products those were...) I tried this after stumbling onto the glorious MUA reviews and I'm in utter disbelief that this stuff is so cheap and leaves my hair (fine, long and highlighted, but lots of it) looking 100% healthy, shiny, bouncy and gorgeous.

I ran back to the drug store to buy some for my teenage daughters (who both have virgin hair) to try out. One has long, heavy hair that's course and insanely thick with a lot of wave while daughter #2 has an average amount of straight, fine, shoulder length hair prone to oiliness... Somehow, this stuff left their very different hair textures looking AMAZING as well. Did I mention this stuff is AMAZING? LOL. With so much hair in our house and kids who go through products like water I am thrilled this stuff is so inexpensive and works so beautifully. L-O-V-E the ladies at MUA for turning me onto this, as I would never have purchased it otherwise. SCORE.

Edit: this stuff is rated poorly on the EWG database. Lots of yucky chemicals. :( Will not rebuy. Bummer.

on 11/13/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the cremiest conditioner i have ever used in that price range. I love everything about it. The only thing is, it promises to mend your split ends, total lie. But i still love it cus it prevents them as much as a conditioner can :)