September 23, 2014 | 927 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging and the applicator. The product itself is also great. I prefer to use this on a daily basis when I don't want to use the UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by chisainekocat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Exactly what I needed.

I tested this stuff with NYX's "Flamenco" eyeshadow (not "Flamingo", this one is from a trio). I love the color, but something about the shadow makes it disappear very quickly on me. After 8 hours with the eyeshadow base, the eyeshadow looked like I had just put it on. Incredible! Usually my very oily eyelids make the shadow disappear in about 3 hours. There was slight creasing on the inner eyelid, but it wasn't noticeable.

I don't think it made the shadow much brighter, but I was just looking for something to help with the oiliness. You can use NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk as a cheap base to brighten colors. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

will not bore you, but its important to state when its a pro review, as we are really choosy which products we use, especially for HD tv work. Its a myth that whole face is airbrushed for HDTV. Foundation and blushes are, but not always. Eyes and lips are normally done with traditional make up Firstly if a product is labelled HD, its aimed at pros, but of course non pros can use it. The product must be used correctly. Jumbo pencil is not meant to be used over it for sure it will crease, especially on mature skin. Use sparingly over eye lid, give it time to set. then apply eye shadow. I do not personally use under eye. NYX is becoming more available in UK. Or www.nyx.co.uk> I like it, very different texture compared to standard NYX eye shadow base which in the white is very matt

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by meowrena

This primer is perfect!

Feels and looks just like the Urban Decay Primer Potion and lasts the same amount of time. It's a light beige colour so it will hide any imperfections on your eyelids, but also provide a bare base so your eyeshadows will stand out.

No creasing, no flaking, no melting... it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by andrya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price, I think this definitely beats UDPP...it makes my eyeshadow and signature cat eye liner stay on perfectly thru a very hectic work shift. Holds glitter shadows in place too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this all up so I can safely give an honest review. This is wonderful eyeshadow primer! about $6 and really makes shadows last on my oily lids. I've tried TFSI and UDPP and this, to me, has almost as good a hold on your shadows as UDPP and better than TFSI. The small tube has lasted and lasted.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

I've found this product a little.. strange?
Sometimes I use my coloured eyeliners to substitute for eyeshadow because it's creamier and more vibrant. That still creases on me (since I'd use more and my lids kinda fold). Even though this feels smooth on the lid, it's stickier/harder to apply eyeliner on with. You definitely need to put eyeshadow on right away. ALSO, if used with a jumbo pencil as an extra base under eyeshadow.. Still creases. I thought maybe it would fix that... but no :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by mjuarez4683

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG! This is a LIFE SAVER if you are not willing to shell out $18 for UDPP...it's very comparable!! I have no creasing or fading what so ever with my eyeshadow from morning to night time (and I have extremely oily eyelids!) It has a very light consistency..almost seems like it would be too runny/watery to have holding power but don't let that fool you because it DOES do the job and more! I love the price, I just said about UDPP the same because I do love both of these products...only down side is I personally don't like doe foot applicators for these primers and prefer a squeeze tube..so I'm hoping NYX will come out with that! If you are wanting to save about $10 bucks...BUY THIS PRIMER! It does just as good of a job as the higher end primers..and in some cases EVEN BETTER!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by BelleBonsua

My Holy Grail primer!:) i love the quality of it. I bought it because i read rave reviews saying that it was better than udpp. At seven dollars I had to try it. It makes my eyeshadows last all day or night. Eyes always seem fresh. Its consistancy allows for creaseless, easy blendability and durability. I read with udpp it was harder to blend eyeshadows in. All in all, its a high end quality product at a low cost. I love it! I think that if i spent nearly 20 bucks on udpp after this id feel jipped because i dont see eye shadow primers getting any better than this...unless it could also keep the shadow in place after swimming. Lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:06:00 AM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

GEEZ... this is a very good product. High quality with affordable price!! it can hold my e/s for a whole day without creasing. And the color still amazing until i wipe it off at the night... i recommended this for the good product with a good price. Hhehhe