November 24, 2014 | 1359 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 5:19:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

The second primer I've tried and I love it! I even had a little bit of trouble getting my eyeshadow off it was so good! I'm definitely a bit of a NYX girl as I haven't yet tried anything I haven't liked, but this is probably my favourite product out of all the NYX products I've tried, and is also now my favourite eyeshadow primer. Definitely worth the try :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this all the time, but the latest one I bought gave my eyelids mild chemical burns!!! I thought perhaps it was another new product I was using, so after the skin healed, I tried it again, and it was even worse than the first time! I never had problems with this product before, but maybe the one I got was from a bad batch?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

This is an awesome primer for the performance and the affordable price. It is better than Urban Decay in my opinion. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging and the applicator. The product itself is also great. I prefer to use this on a daily basis when I don't want to use the UDPP.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2011 5:45:00 PM More reviews by chisainekocat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Exactly what I needed.

I tested this stuff with NYX's "Flamenco" eyeshadow (not "Flamingo", this one is from a trio). I love the color, but something about the shadow makes it disappear very quickly on me. After 8 hours with the eyeshadow base, the eyeshadow looked like I had just put it on. Incredible! Usually my very oily eyelids make the shadow disappear in about 3 hours. There was slight creasing on the inner eyelid, but it wasn't noticeable.

I don't think it made the shadow much brighter, but I was just looking for something to help with the oiliness. You can use NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk as a cheap base to brighten colors. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 8:50:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

will not bore you, but its important to state when its a pro review, as we are really choosy which products we use, especially for HD tv work. Its a myth that whole face is airbrushed for HDTV. Foundation and blushes are, but not always. Eyes and lips are normally done with traditional make up Firstly if a product is labelled HD, its aimed at pros, but of course non pros can use it. The product must be used correctly. Jumbo pencil is not meant to be used over it for sure it will crease, especially on mature skin. Use sparingly over eye lid, give it time to set. then apply eye shadow. I do not personally use under eye. NYX is becoming more available in UK. Or www.nyx.co.uk> I like it, very different texture compared to standard NYX eye shadow base which in the white is very matt

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by meowrena

This primer is perfect!

Feels and looks just like the Urban Decay Primer Potion and lasts the same amount of time. It's a light beige colour so it will hide any imperfections on your eyelids, but also provide a bare base so your eyeshadows will stand out.

No creasing, no flaking, no melting... it's great!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by andrya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price, I think this definitely beats UDPP...it makes my eyeshadow and signature cat eye liner stay on perfectly thru a very hectic work shift. Holds glitter shadows in place too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this all up so I can safely give an honest review. This is wonderful eyeshadow primer! about $6 and really makes shadows last on my oily lids. I've tried TFSI and UDPP and this, to me, has almost as good a hold on your shadows as UDPP and better than TFSI. The small tube has lasted and lasted.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

I've found this product a little.. strange?
Sometimes I use my coloured eyeliners to substitute for eyeshadow because it's creamier and more vibrant. That still creases on me (since I'd use more and my lids kinda fold). Even though this feels smooth on the lid, it's stickier/harder to apply eyeliner on with. You definitely need to put eyeshadow on right away. ALSO, if used with a jumbo pencil as an extra base under eyeshadow.. Still creases. I thought maybe it would fix that... but no :(