NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

4.1

Isododecane, Talc, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenoxyethanol/Methylparaben, Ethylparaben/Butylparaben, Propylparaben/Isobutylparaben, Colorant, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491).

on 1/3/2012 9:44:00 PM

I was on the hunt for a eyeshadow primer and decided to give this one a try. I wish I hadn't. It was so incredibly greasy and oily and did NOT make my eyeshadows stick well. Definitely not buying this again. Only thing I liked was the applicator.

on 12/30/2011 9:51:00 AM

Beats UD Primer potion by a million. Works awesome and is cheap!!! Don't waste your money on UDPP!

on 12/24/2011 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I thought this would be awesome primer, because I saw so many people raving about it and I've loved all the other NYX products I've tried. Well, I wasn't happy with this.
When I first applied it, it felt really greasy and it didn't "dry" on my lids. It left my eyelids so sticky I had to powder them to be able to put my eye shadow on. I don't think the crease color would have blended nicely on a greasy sticky primer.
I've been using the E.L.F. eyelid primer and it also feels greasy at first, but it dries fast and creates a matte base, so it's easy to blend eyeshadow on it.
I didn't like the texture of this product at all. I was waiting for it to even out my eyelid color too, but I didn't notice any difference to my normal eyelid.
The only thing it did was that it didn't make my eyeshadow crease and that's the most important thing I want from an eyeshadow base, so it wasn't a completely poor product.
I was just disappointed with it. I expected more. I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I hate to give this product such a bad review but with all due honesty, this trully sucks. At first, it worked great, at least with very liht eyeshadows such as champagne and white. When it came to more dramatic colors, this sucked. Badly. It actually made the colors much paler and fade much quicker than wearing the shadows by themselves. I do not recommend this at all.

on 12/18/2011 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great lid primer. It prevents shadows from settling into the creases in my lids, which has bedeviled me ever since I began wearing makeup. Because my lids have become more see-through with age, I'd love it if NYX created a version of this eyeshadow base with a faint yellowish cast that might neutralize my lids' red tones.

on 12/12/2011 9:33:00 PM

I would use this over urban decay primer potion ANY DAY. my favorite primer of all time!

on 12/12/2011 7:42:00 PM

I bought this product because of all the reviews I've seen online. My eye lids sometimes become greasy and then my eye shadow doesn't stay as it should. This product really does work! I bought mine on Ebay since they didn't have the HD Eye Shadow Base here where I live. It works lovely. It goes on well due to the lip gloss applicator, dries quickly and makes my eye shadow last all day and gives my eye shadows great pigmentation. What's also great about it is that you don't need a whole bunch, just a dot or two on your eye lid, rub it in and your ready to apply your eye shadow. If you haven't tried this, defiantly try it!

on 12/10/2011 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have been a loyal UDPP girl for years. Happened to see this, and for the price, decided it was worth a try. I didn't expect it to come close to my UDPP. Boy was I wrong! This stuff is amazing. I will never buy UDPP again.

on 12/10/2011 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The second primer I've tried and I love it! I even had a little bit of trouble getting my eyeshadow off it was so good! I'm definitely a bit of a NYX girl as I haven't yet tried anything I haven't liked, but this is probably my favourite product out of all the NYX products I've tried, and is also now my favourite eyeshadow primer. Definitely worth the try :)

on 11/12/2011 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I used to use this all the time, but the latest one I bought gave my eyelids mild chemical burns!!! I thought perhaps it was another new product I was using, so after the skin healed, I tried it again, and it was even worse than the first time! I never had problems with this product before, but maybe the one I got was from a bad batch?