August 2, 2014 | 1637 users online

Eye Primer - NYX - HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this all up so I can safely give an honest review. This is wonderful eyeshadow primer! about $6 and really makes shadows last on my oily lids. I've tried TFSI and UDPP and this, to me, has almost as good a hold on your shadows as UDPP and better than TFSI. The small tube has lasted and lasted.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by melanieeatsghosts

I've found this product a little.. strange?
Sometimes I use my coloured eyeliners to substitute for eyeshadow because it's creamier and more vibrant. That still creases on me (since I'd use more and my lids kinda fold). Even though this feels smooth on the lid, it's stickier/harder to apply eyeliner on with. You definitely need to put eyeshadow on right away. ALSO, if used with a jumbo pencil as an extra base under eyeshadow.. Still creases. I thought maybe it would fix that... but no :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by mjuarez4683

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG! This is a LIFE SAVER if you are not willing to shell out $18 for UDPP...it's very comparable!! I have no creasing or fading what so ever with my eyeshadow from morning to night time (and I have extremely oily eyelids!) It has a very light consistency..almost seems like it would be too runny/watery to have holding power but don't let that fool you because it DOES do the job and more! I love the price, I just said about UDPP the same because I do love both of these products...only down side is I personally don't like doe foot applicators for these primers and prefer a squeeze tube..so I'm hoping NYX will come out with that! If you are wanting to save about $10 bucks...BUY THIS PRIMER! It does just as good of a job as the higher end primers..and in some cases EVEN BETTER!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by BelleBonsua

My Holy Grail primer!:) i love the quality of it. I bought it because i read rave reviews saying that it was better than udpp. At seven dollars I had to try it. It makes my eyeshadows last all day or night. Eyes always seem fresh. Its consistancy allows for creaseless, easy blendability and durability. I read with udpp it was harder to blend eyeshadows in. All in all, its a high end quality product at a low cost. I love it! I think that if i spent nearly 20 bucks on udpp after this id feel jipped because i dont see eye shadow primers getting any better than this...unless it could also keep the shadow in place after swimming. Lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:06:00 AM More reviews by BintangkeciL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

GEEZ... this is a very good product. High quality with affordable price!! it can hold my e/s for a whole day without creasing. And the color still amazing until i wipe it off at the night... i recommended this for the good product with a good price. Hhehhe

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by RainbowDelight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I just got this and love it, really makes eyeshadow richer and stay on all day like intended. It's just as good as UD Primer Potion but at a fraction of the cost (I don't own it but tried my friend's and I noticed no difference)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by veeecakes

I absolutely love this eye primer! It has a super smooth texture which literally melts as you blend it onto your eyelid. It holds my eyeshadow all day long, whilst keeping it vibrant and crease-free. The skin-tone color of the product also helps create a base for keeping the eyeshadow bright & true in color. Love it !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This is pretty great. Just as good as UDPP (which I love but about half the price). For someone like me who has somewhat oily skin, this definitely stopped the creasing of my shadows for the whole day! No more horrible lines at the crease of my lid. The primer colour is a light beige but it blends out easily to become transparent. Compared with UDPP, the NYX primer is not as thick so I found it much easier to blend. It does feel slightly tacky so be sure to let it dry thoroughly before applying your shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by Yajiz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this online since the ULTA here always has a crappy NYX selection. Anyways, I tried it out yesterday underneath my Clinique eyeshadow and I must say it performed well above my expectations! I was outside most of the day in 90 degree weather and even around 10pm I checked out my makeup and it still looked very good. No creasing, oiliness, NOTHINGA!! I am so glad I found this little gem since I was always reluctant in buying the UDPP & the Too Faced primer due to the price. Oh, and the only reason I even tried this out was b/c I came across the reviews of it on here :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by filarei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is my first ever eyeshadow base/primer. I bought this in ebay for $12 because of the rave reviews in makeupalley. It is so cheap compared to the price of UDPP, TFSI and Mac paints, so i gave it a go.
pros:
-cheap
- makes eyeshadow stay put for more than 10 hours of wear, always looking like you just put it on
- eyeshadow colour apply more vibrant and not washed out
- allows smooth blending of shadow on it without being sticky and doesnt cake
-almost transparent finish (colour is my skin colour but lighter, so it slightly makes my eyes awake)

cons:
-cheap product therefore cheap packaging, the handle came off (it's okay though it was a cap that was glued to the screw top of the wand so the product isnt affected)
- my lids felt slight tingling sensations when i applied it on the lids, like my skin was radiating heat. however it never caused any redness, itchiness, swelling or anything bad. The tingling sensation goes away after a couple of minutes anyway.

This is HG product! everything an eyeshadow base should be for an affordable price =)