NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

4.1

Isododecane, Talc, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenoxyethanol/Methylparaben, Ethylparaben/Butylparaben, Propylparaben/Isobutylparaben, Colorant, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491).

I have previously used TF SI, UD PP, NARS, and LORAC BTS primers. I was in need of a new tube and had heard this was good... decided to try. I'm glad I did! I love the consistency of this. It is actually my favorite of all the ones I've tried. It holds my shadow and liner on like iron and it doesn't make my shadow look weird or thick over the top of it. It's also easy to blend over. Really brings the color and sheen out in e/s that otherwise seemed to not be very pigmented or shimmery. Love this - I will not be purchasing the overpriced primers anymore!!!

on 2/10/2012 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Stop looking for another eyeshadow primer! This is HG material. I have very oily skin (confirmed by my sister, the aesthetician) and have tried to combat this with many different bases. I've used L'Oreal De-Crease, MAC paints, UDPP, ELF, and most recently TFSI for a while. I found that on my oily lids, TFSI performed better than UDPP, but it still wasn't standing the test of my 10 hour workdays.

However, the NYX HD primer does! I put on my face at 7AM and usually come home at 5ish. It even lasts through my post-work cardio at the gym! I started using this primer at the beginning of this week and couldn't believe when I looked in the mirror at the end of the day. I had zero creasing and no oiliness on my lids! My shadow still looked as crisp and blended as it had before I left the house! This is HG for sure! I feel sorry that I hadn't discovered it earlier.

If you feel like your lids are an oil factory, please give this product a shot. If it can stand up to my lids, it can withstand almost anything! continued >>

on 1/21/2012 12:01:00 AM

This is my new favorite eyeshadow primer. I used to use the ELF $1 primer, which worked pretty well for me, but now that I'm using this it seems like ELF's primer wasn't that great after all! I mean it did it's job, but it doesn't compare to NYX's in terms of staying power. I applied this under my eyeshadow at 8 am, and at 10 pm that night my eyeshadow had not creased AT ALL! I was shocked. Most of the eyeshadow was still there as well. I'm super impressed with this primer!!

on 1/3/2012 9:44:00 PM

I was on the hunt for a eyeshadow primer and decided to give this one a try. I wish I hadn't. It was so incredibly greasy and oily and did NOT make my eyeshadows stick well. Definitely not buying this again. Only thing I liked was the applicator.

on 12/30/2011 9:51:00 AM

Beats UD Primer potion by a million. Works awesome and is cheap!!! Don't waste your money on UDPP!

on 12/24/2011 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I thought this would be awesome primer, because I saw so many people raving about it and I've loved all the other NYX products I've tried. Well, I wasn't happy with this.
When I first applied it, it felt really greasy and it didn't "dry" on my lids. It left my eyelids so sticky I had to powder them to be able to put my eye shadow on. I don't think the crease color would have blended nicely on a greasy sticky primer.
I've been using the E.L.F. eyelid primer and it also feels greasy at first, but it dries fast and creates a matte base, so it's easy to blend eyeshadow on it.
I didn't like the texture of this product at all. I was waiting for it to even out my eyelid color too, but I didn't notice any difference to my normal eyelid.
The only thing it did was that it didn't make my eyeshadow crease and that's the most important thing I want from an eyeshadow base, so it wasn't a completely poor product.
I was just disappointed with it. I expected more. I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I hate to give this product such a bad review but with all due honesty, this trully sucks. At first, it worked great, at least with very liht eyeshadows such as champagne and white. When it came to more dramatic colors, this sucked. Badly. It actually made the colors much paler and fade much quicker than wearing the shadows by themselves. I do not recommend this at all.

on 12/18/2011 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great lid primer. It prevents shadows from settling into the creases in my lids, which has bedeviled me ever since I began wearing makeup. Because my lids have become more see-through with age, I'd love it if NYX created a version of this eyeshadow base with a faint yellowish cast that might neutralize my lids' red tones.

on 12/12/2011 9:33:00 PM

I would use this over urban decay primer potion ANY DAY. my favorite primer of all time!

on 12/12/2011 7:42:00 PM

I bought this product because of all the reviews I've seen online. My eye lids sometimes become greasy and then my eye shadow doesn't stay as it should. This product really does work! I bought mine on Ebay since they didn't have the HD Eye Shadow Base here where I live. It works lovely. It goes on well due to the lip gloss applicator, dries quickly and makes my eye shadow last all day and gives my eye shadows great pigmentation. What's also great about it is that you don't need a whole bunch, just a dot or two on your eye lid, rub it in and your ready to apply your eye shadow. If you haven't tried this, defiantly try it!