November 21, 2014 | 1774 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Dear Real Techniques, thank you so much for your amazing brushes. Their quality blows my MAC brushes out of the water and doesn't break my bank. I cannot believe how soft this brush is - it feels like a bunny or something lol. I kinda thought it was a little big for blush - perhaps even too big for bronzer (which is why I initially bought it, i need a better bronzer brush) but I was afraid it wasn't going to pick up enough powder. Turns out I was wrong! This brush is AMAZING for my bronzer! The tapered shape of it is perfect for contouring and I also love that it buffs it out, too! I don't feel like I waste product (sometimes bigger bronzer brushes kick up too much powder that you don't even get to use) and it seriously deposits the PERFECT amount of bronzer. I dip the tip into my Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, and place it underneath my cheek bone and blend in circular motions. It looks so natural, yet defined! ahhhh! I am buying all of the Real Technique Brushes and I will never need to buy another brush again! I also love that I can build up a darker more dramatic contour if I desire, but it's still not muddy or too much. LOOOOVEEEE

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by alextuthreefour

I LOVE THIS BRUSH! I just can't bring myself to purchase expensive brushes (MAC, Sigma, etc) but I was getting pretty tired of my shedding ELF brush. To be fair...that brush lasted me a long time and I think it is great for the money. Anyways! This Real Techniques brush...oh baby I am in love! I got a couple on a BOGO half off at Ulta and this brush and the buffing brush (from the Core Collection) are my favorite. This egg-shaped brush is great for powder, blush, bronzer, highlighter, even cream products if you're desperate. I do have the multitask brush, but I actually think this brush is much better for multitasking. The tapered end helps powder near the nose and under the eyes and works great for contouring and blush. It is also extremely soft. I LOVE IT!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this brush. I use it to apply mineral powder blush and it works really well. Only thing is I find it's a bit too soft to blend out properly if I get any harsh lines so I use a firmer powder brush for that. But I do love how soft it is, and it dries quickly and reforms it shape really well after being washed. These brushes look great as well, I love the handles and the fact that they stand up on their own, very handy. Sadly we get ripped off in Australia and are charged more than twice the price of the US for these, but I couldn't be bothered ordering online when I bought this. So if I buy any more Real Techniques brushes I will definitely get a few at once and order online to save money.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2013 8:32:00 PM More reviews by daisysteiner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Much like the setting brush from the same line, this isn't quite as soft and dense as the legend goes, and as a result can seem a little flimsy, but I still like it. It works on apples of the cheeks as well as in contours, blends the product nicely and leaves a smooth finish.

Another thing I appreciate about these brushes is their substantial black plastic end. After reading some reveiws I was afraid the brushes might feel too light in the hand, but the black part actually makes them well balanced and comfortable to use without the whole thing becoming too heavy.

EDIT: I ended up using it as a powder brush. It turns out this brush seriously lacks in resilience - when you use it in a repeated sweeping motion, the bristles actually stay bent. Yes, it's easy to reshape them, but the point is you need a brush that has a nice "bounce" to it. This really is too flimsy and sparse. Counting in the issue with the very average softness, I'm not particularly tempted to try the rest of the line. I don't quite understand the hype - is there an issue with quality control and I just got worse brushes than most people on here?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by gracyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

AWESOME brush! It does all the blending work all by itself, so no need to worry when dealing with highly pigmented blush. It picks up just the right amount of product needed in one swipe, and the tapered cut of the brush contours the cheek bones beautifully, with no effort. Lastly, like every Real Technique brushes , the bristles clean up very well, dry fast and remain soft. A great purchase, go get it! Especially since it is so affordable, I bought it 10.99 at Boots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my latest purchase in my collection of Real Techniques brushes. I have to say that I bought this hoping that it would work as a bronzer brush. I have been looking for the right one for some time. I think it's kind of big for a blush brush. I love the tapered shape of this brush and the softness of the taklon bristles. I am spoiled forever by these synthetic brushes!

I did use this brush to apply my bronzer. Sam Chapman did a tutorial video showing how to use this brush for both bronzer and blush. It picked up just the right amount of bronzer and worked beautifully. I used it to contour just below my cheekbones and then around my temples and forehand for a perfect dusting of color. Now I have found my bronzer brush! I also used it for blush, but I prefer the contour brush from the Core Collection for that purpose. I did not like the contour brush for applying bronzer. It's like the mini version of the blush brush, but works better for blush and highlighter.

I am impressed yet again by the versatility and flexibility of these brushes. You can find so many uses for each one. The blush brush is the biggest one I have and it took longer to dry than the Expert Face brush and the Buffing brush. There was no shedding at all. It did hold its shape after washing very well.

I think this is a great addition to my collection. I am so pleased with how this brush applied my bronzer. I got a soft, natural look. I got a great deal on iherb.com with a discount. I paid $9.99 total, including shipping!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I like this for my fat face but if I am going to change blush brush, I will invest in other brands too.

Dries fast after cleaning. Does not shed. Oh so soft to the skin.

I love this the best as I have round face and this picks up the pigment well and spread evenly without much work. It is kinda big so small faced girls might hate this. The shape reminds me of Nars blush brush so that could work for girls with smaller faces.

Pixiwoo really knows how to make brushes! I love them!

EDIT 17th March 2013: This brush is way too big even for my fat face. Way too much blush gets all over my face even when I am really careful and light handed. Oh well...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by lovenall

I love this blush brush. It might not be the best brush if you like your blush to pop up with a lot of colors, but if you like a very well blended color on your cheek area, this is the one that will work like a miracle. I have some redness around my cheek so dont really like too apparent blush color. This is especially good for very pigmented blushes, like Nars orgasm, Mata Hari and so on. It blends out the color so beautifully and naturally. I use the side to deposit the color and use the top to blend out. Very soft as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by kburditt

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really, really wanted to love this brush but I don't.
I've watched the Pixiwoo tutorials and so I was very interested to try Real Techniques when I saw them in my local Ulta store.
This brush is way too large and the bristles are too soft. I had to keep dipping into my blush today to get any on the brush! Even then, it didn't seem to deposit any pigment on my face. I"m sorry to say I'm disappointed but I am. I also purchased a stippling foundation brush and the eye liner brush so I'm hoping for better results with those.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by angelene1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good brush, but it was not what I hoped for. It's really soft, good quality and doesn't shed, but it looks and feels almost like a powder brush and not a blush brush. In my opinion it's to big and fluffy to get an accurate placement of a blush product, you end up with little color all over your face instead. I wish it was smaller and a little bit more collected and dense in the bristles, so that it would pick up more product and be more easy to use precisely.