Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Real techniques brushes are synthetic and ridiculously soft!!! I personally don't find myself using this brush as often as I would like. I actually use it to blend my bronZer and blush together. I find that it's too soft to pick up blush color and too soft to strongly contour my face. For these reasons, I would not repurchase this particular brush but Sam chapman's other brushes are amazing!

on 5/4/2013 6:57:00 PM

I have a love and hate relationship with this brush. It is soft and gentle, but I don't really know if I prefer it over other brushes for blush. Maybe it's only my thing, but I prefer a smaller brush that picks up a certain amount of product and that requires manual blending, rather than a domed brush that does the work for me. Overall is a good product, I think it comes down to a matter of personal choice.

Pros:
- no shedding
- reasonably price
- no bleeding with washing
- super soft
- multi purpose

Cons:
- difficult to find
- i think it is too big for blush which is what it was design for

Finally mange to get my hands on one of these brushes since Canada Wal-mart is only stocking the kits and they do not have individual brushes. The brush is super soft and it feels like a babies' bottom on my face. I use this for bronzer since it is super fluffy and soft and applies like a dream with no blotches and it does not apply a harsh like.

on 4/29/2013 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Real Techniques continue to blow me away with these great brushes! I honestly have stopped using my mac and sigma brushes. This is the best blush brush ever! It applies blush so well and I've even found it perfect for powder. I use this daily (:
Cannot recommend it enough.
You can order Real Techniques from iherb.com and with the code QLV352 you can get $10 off discount (:

on 4/18/2013 6:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Like the brush, but that is all . Kind of disappointed bc I had high expectations since all the other brushes from this line are GREAT. I would rather use it for powder other than blush. Doesn't pick up a good amount of product, either too much or too little. Definitely my least favorite of all her brushes.

on 4/11/2013 7:34:00 PM

Either I got a bad brush, or everyone here is paid by Samantha. Because this brush is absolute crap. It hurts my face so much I can't even start to explain. It even hurts when i brush it against my hand. When I compare this to my eco tools brush, its like a baby bottom smooth vs a porcupine. not to mention that this is too big to be a blush brush.

on 4/7/2013 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just can't get on with this brush at all. I think it is just too large for my face so that when I try and blend sufficiently it covers too large an area- it is quite soft with a lot of give so it isn't easy to evenly precision target smaller regions of my cheeks. I also like to work blush into my skin and I don't find this brush great for that- instead it deposits the blush almost superficially so it's more sitting on top. I have tried it with a number of products- from the highly pigmented to the less so and just can't find a way to get the sort of results that I want- ie: an even, natural flush in a directed area.
I've given it a rating of two because it does seem well made, hasn't shed and it is lovely and soft. It just isn't a tool for me.

UPDATE: I'm going to bump this up a score because I have reached for it more than I thought I would and I have found a way to get it to 'work' for me. What it is good for is picking up a light amount of a moderately pigmented blush or highlighter and very lightly swirling on to finish off a look. I know the pink coded RT brushes are for 'finishing' so maybe this final touch approach is more what they had in mind for this brush because it is working pretty well for that.

This quickly has become my favorite face brush. It is so useful for applying setting powder, loose or pressed mineral foundation, bronzer, and yes, blush. The bristles are soft, do not shed at all, are easy to clean and always deposit an even layer of powder. I have not used this brush for liquid makeup so I'm not sure how it works in that regard. I've washed and spot cleaned this brush several times and it has retained its shape with no bristle loss. The shape is actually very useful for setting the under eye area. Oh and it's super cheap!! I highly recommend the real techniques brushes and this one is my favorite. If I ever need to, I will definitely repurchase! (Pretty sure the only way this brush is expiring is if my cat decides to steal it!)

on 4/5/2013 10:25:00 AM

I love this brush! Its such an affordable price, and has not shed one single bit since I purchased it. Sad to say I was in dire need for a new blush brush after my Mac brush kept shedding all over my face :( and this indeed did the job!

on 4/5/2013 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I have most of these brushes now, and can't rave enough about them. They don't shed, they clean easily and well - they retain their shape and texture. The blush brush is the best bronzer applicator EVER! It allows for a sheer application, so you don't get hard lines. Congratulations to Sam Chapman for coming up with such brilliant products and making them accessible to US!

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products