Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

on 6/26/2013 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great quality for a great price, what else does a makeup lover want? Great for cream and powder blushes, you can even use it as a powder brush. The way it's shaped is just awesome. It hugs the curves of your face, the bristles are soft, and cute packaging.

on 6/14/2013 12:57:00 PM

The best blush brush I have ever owned. Gives the right amount of pigment onto cheeks. Soft as heck. It is also pretty to. A must have for a brush collection.

on 6/8/2013 1:37:00 AM

My favorite blush brush! It's is so inexpensive and the quality is great. They are so easy to clean, after washing it multiple times the bristles remain intact and I have yet to see it shed. The quality of this brush is superb.

on 6/3/2013 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I didn't get this brush for Blush. I got it for applying powder foundation. I really stand by This Real Techniques brush and here is why:

I Prefer powder foundation because of my oily skin. I prefer to sweep powder on in even downward strokes rather than Buff foundation in. I found with my skin the Buffing action really irritates my sensitive skin and cause me to break out from exfoliation from the brush fibers.

I think regardless of the inexpensive price (which is fantastic) This brush's shape, ability to provide even coverage, and quality even as a synthetic fiber, is honestly unmatched by many of the brushes I have tried. It exceeds my expectations.

Shu uemura 18R brush is the prefect shape for applying even powder foundation all over my face. And I am Really into natural hair brushes, but since I picked up Hakuhodo for my self over christmas, I found the 18r to be well... scratchy, I have rather sensitive skin. At the time, I hadn't found a brush that worked as well. I picked up at Haku 109 which looked online to be the same, but once in person and washed, oh dear god no, not the same at all. 109 is a GREAT brush, stupid soft, but better for applying a finishing powder rather than evenly applying a powder foundation (in my opinion).

I then found someone to swap with me and I picked up the Shu 18 in Black not red. A little softer. I think the red dye really dries out the brush. But still not the kind of comfort I was looking for on my baby skin, but much more comfortable that the 18Red.

So recently at ulta, I gave into getting the Real techniques Blush brush, because it is the same shape. Not the biggest fan of synthetics honestly... but I have rather liked the few brushes I have from the Real Techniques line so I thought I would give it a try. Honestly my impression, I am amazed. It's far more comfortable on my skin than the Shu, WAY less expensive, and I got the exact application I was looking for. It gives me the same finish as my Shu 18r but with out the discomfort. I strong recommend this brush for someone looking for a similar application.

on 5/28/2013 9:45:00 PM

I have two of these brushes and use them for blush and mineral powder application. I love them. I prefer them over any other face brushes I own, including MAC and Sigma brushes. They have a good thickness and texture to them and do not shed. And then, of course, there is the price. They are absolutely a great value for the money. Inexpensive and good. I admit that I love my MAC eye brushes and prefer them over any others but this particular brush from Real Techniques is just wonderful. Plus I feel I get to help support one of my favorite you tube beauty gurus (if you haven't watched the Pixiwoo sisters - you must)! Highest recommendation for this product.

on 5/11/2013 4:40:00 PM

Real Techniques brushes are decent brushes. I own almost all of them, and like them a lot. Some are not so great (ex. powder brush, which is too scratchy IMO), but this blush baby is worth its weigh in gold. I love it!

on 5/11/2013 2:48:00 PM

Having heard so many raves about the RT product line, and needing a new blush brush, I decided to go for this one.

To reiterate others, it is indeed very soft and has held up well, with minimal shedding. It is slightly bulky, but I have not found it to be overly so. More annoying in terms of storage, but not difficult to use.

I am not a 'blush person' per se, so the fact that does not pick up tons of product works for me, way more than other blush brushes I have used. I normally go for a swirly, finishing flush, and this brush is just tapered enough to accomplish that feat. I especially like that it's easy to accomplish simple blush for a quick, work appropriate look.

Having been slightly flummoxed by decent blush application in the past, I can appreciate this as a relatively idiot-proof brush!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Real techniques brushes are synthetic and ridiculously soft!!! I personally don't find myself using this brush as often as I would like. I actually use it to blend my bronZer and blush together. I find that it's too soft to pick up blush color and too soft to strongly contour my face. For these reasons, I would not repurchase this particular brush but Sam chapman's other brushes are amazing!

on 5/4/2013 6:57:00 PM

I have a love and hate relationship with this brush. It is soft and gentle, but I don't really know if I prefer it over other brushes for blush. Maybe it's only my thing, but I prefer a smaller brush that picks up a certain amount of product and that requires manual blending, rather than a domed brush that does the work for me. Overall is a good product, I think it comes down to a matter of personal choice.

Pros:
- no shedding
- reasonably price
- no bleeding with washing
- super soft
- multi purpose

Cons:
- difficult to find
- i think it is too big for blush which is what it was design for

Finally mange to get my hands on one of these brushes since Canada Wal-mart is only stocking the kits and they do not have individual brushes. The brush is super soft and it feels like a babies' bottom on my face. I use this for bronzer since it is super fluffy and soft and applies like a dream with no blotches and it does not apply a harsh like.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products