August 30, 2014 | 1786 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2012 11:42:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me start off by saying that this waterproof mascara does exactly what it should- stays on in the water! This is my go-to mascara. I picked it up while on vacation in Florida, and have been wearing it on the pool, on the boat, in the lake, etc. It stays on. Period. When it does come off, it flakes. It doesn't come off in thick, black layers, which is a good thing. It's a little tricky to get off, but hey, that's what comes with the territory of waterproof mascara. No, this mascara does not give dramatic, false lashes. But it does give pretty, fluffy, separated lashes with no clumps. I like this mascara for an every day, light summer look. I'd repurchase in the future. The brush does a good job of catching every lash. I love the design of the brush and the handle, I feel that you have a lot of control while applying. This is the least intense of the Volum Express mascaras, however, it still holds it's own by being a good natural alternative. Don't let the word natural fool you- it's nothing like bare lashes. It just makes it look like you have long, full, real lashes. Not fake ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by finnybite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am actually a waterproof mascara fan--I find that they hold a curl a lot better than their non-waterproof counterparts. After reading all the great reviews here, I bought Maybelline One-by-One Waterproof and for the top lashes, I couldn't be happier. I have short, straight, sparse lashes that I curl religiously and this mascara holds a curl better than any I have tried to date while still keeping lashes looking feathery and separated. The brush is a little big for me, but that's just personal preference. My one problem is that it doesn't work on my bottom lashes. My eyes aren't very oily or watery so I don't normally have a problem with bottom lash mascara (although I do always opt for a waterproof or tubing formula), but this mascara smudges all over the place on my bottom lashes! It's a pity because the separating formula looks great on bottom lashes when I first put it on, but after a couple of hours I end up with raccoon eyes! Nevertheless, I will definitely repurchase for use on top lashes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all, like a reviewer below, I don't usually use waterproof mascara BUT I do like this one a LOT. I got it because it was on sale during the last CVS beauty clearance and I figured, eh, I'm in Florida and it's summer... waterproof can't hurt. Really, this mascara is everything I wanted Mega Plush to be. Dark black, easy to apply, great volume AND definition. Plus, it holds a curl! I was honestly shocked at how much I like this mascara and didn't expect it to give me the false-lash look that I get with a few coats. My only complaint is that it takes substantial effort to get off- at night, I usually do eye makeup remover, then shower and wash my face, then clean up around the eyes again, let dry and apply eye cream. I have to do an extra "pre-wash" with this mascara at night and sometimes clean up little smudges that appear overnight, in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, I bought this solely on the reviews this. The reviews caught my eye because mascara rarely has such high ratings so when I saw this, I had to give it a try. This is the best mascara I have tried by far, including drugstore and high end! I have tried more drugstore than high end mascaras because a good mascara is sooo hard to find and I'd rather experiement with cheaper drugstore ones than have to pay $20+ for a high end brand and the high end ones I have tried have still disappointed me. This gives me nice fluttery volume, it's buildable, decent lengthening, and best of it does not smudge on me, even in this hot, humid, disgusting weather! I took a walk during my lunch break a few days ago when it was in the 90's and VERY humid and I was pretty sweaty afterwards but still no smudges! If I wear very creamy concealer or a rich eye cream, there will be a little bit of darkness right underneath my lashes but no noticeable smudge. The fact that this is impressing me is saying a lot because my lashes are pathetic. They are very thin, sparse, and short. They also do not hold a curl well unless I use a good waterproof mascara and this holds it perfectly with no drooping throughout the day. I don't have any problems removing this mascara because I use MAC's oil based makeup remover. Love that I found my perfect mascara at the drugstore!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a couple of waterproof mascaras to see which holds up best in NY's summer heat and humidity.. This mascara gave some curl, volume, and length but nothing spectacular.. Also looks a bit dull and uncharming. At least it gives a somewhat natural look but I might have tried better. I've worn it for a couple of hours, I think it mightve melted and smudged a bit. The temperature today was a high of 82, hot and partly cloudy but not too hot.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by LaratheSwid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Recently I started looking around for another silicone brush (which I attribute all lash separation to) with waterproofing. I found this product and can say that it has all the perks of Lash Blast Fusion with actual waterproofing. Fantastic volume, separation, and length... and I can be the wuss that I am and still have mascara on at the end of the day.

In regards to the packaging, the rubber suction ring around the top that helps keep excess mascara off the brush will sometimes come off when I pull the wand out. This sucks, but it's easy enough to get back on by just screwing the cap back on again and retrying. Not that big of a deal, but still annoying.

Thank God I found this in time for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I dislike waterproof mascaras. I only wear them when I absolutely have to. But I needed a new waterproof mascara because I was going white water rafting (and god forbid, I go without mascara!), and this was on clearance at CVS and I had a coupon, so I picked this up without many expectations. However, this is hands-down the best waterproof mascara Iíve ever used! The brush is kind of chunky & hard to work with. Its wider in the middle and narrower at the ends, with short, rubbery bristles. Itís a little hard to get the base of the lashes with this brush, but it does give me longer, perfectly separated lashes. It adds a little volume and it is buildable, but it is more of a lengthening & defining mascara than a dramatic, volumizing mascara. It does leave my lashes somewhat stiff, but it is truly waterproof. NO smudges at all, even after an 8-hour rafting trip, and a 2+ hour long run (in sweltering 90 degree heat). My lashes look as fresh and amazing as when Iíd applied this mascara. It is a bugger to remove, I use an oil cleanser to dissolve my eyemakeup followed by a gel facial cleanser, and the next morning I still had smears/black specks under my eyes. But for when a truly waterproof mascara is needed, this doesnít disappoint. Iím pretty sure this is the first waterproof mascara Iíve ever raved about, and I already purchased a back-up!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Mimiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been trough so many of these! I had only tried two mascaras all my life, both Maybelline. The Falsies was the fist one and I liked it a lot! But then I brought this one, and wow. I prefer the brush way more than the Falsies one! It separates my lashes very well and hardly ever cumpls! I recently brought an Elf Eye Lash Curler and with this mascara it really holds the curl all day! My lashes are fairly dark, yet kind of blond at the ends and it realy does make them look darker and fuller! My lashes are also really short, so a good mascara is a must for me. It is waterproof! I remember I had been crying my eyes out and I had this on, and not once did it flake on me nor did I have black streaks of make up on my cheeks. I have repurchased this so many times I've lost count! The only thing I don't like, is is problem I've had with a few of the tubes. The brush, would come out of the handle, and altough you can always stick it back in, it annoys me greatly. It has not happened with my last few tubes, tough, so maybe it was bad luck I guess. It holds curl well, stays on all day without flaking, doesn't clump my lashes, separetes them well, makes them look fuller, offers good volume; what more could you ask for in a drugstore mascara?! All in all, great mascara and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally a mascara that will hold a curl! There are many mascaras I use, and love but after trying this one I'm hard pressed to go back to using any of the others. I'm tempted to trash them all...except for Jordana when I need jet black lashes. This One by One does everything a mascara should; adds a bit of volume, lengthens a ton and seperates beautifully. This doesn't smudge, flake or sting my eyes and it holds a curl like nobody's business. Best of all it's easy to remove with my aveeno foaming face wash. This stuff is perfection in a tube!! The search for my HG mascara is finally over!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Arizona4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

As far as waterproof mascaras go, this one is not very good. My main concern is that it stays on in the water, which it did excellently. However, it clumped my lashes together an by the end of the day, my eyelashes were falling out! It removes with much effort and makeup remover...but it also remover more lashes. Needless to say, I returned it to Target.