July 29, 2014 | 1913 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One-by-One, Waterproof

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by LaratheSwid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Recently I started looking around for another silicone brush (which I attribute all lash separation to) with waterproofing. I found this product and can say that it has all the perks of Lash Blast Fusion with actual waterproofing. Fantastic volume, separation, and length... and I can be the wuss that I am and still have mascara on at the end of the day.

In regards to the packaging, the rubber suction ring around the top that helps keep excess mascara off the brush will sometimes come off when I pull the wand out. This sucks, but it's easy enough to get back on by just screwing the cap back on again and retrying. Not that big of a deal, but still annoying.

Thank God I found this in time for summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I dislike waterproof mascaras. I only wear them when I absolutely have to. But I needed a new waterproof mascara because I was going white water rafting (and god forbid, I go without mascara!), and this was on clearance at CVS and I had a coupon, so I picked this up without many expectations. However, this is hands-down the best waterproof mascara Iíve ever used! The brush is kind of chunky & hard to work with. Its wider in the middle and narrower at the ends, with short, rubbery bristles. Itís a little hard to get the base of the lashes with this brush, but it does give me longer, perfectly separated lashes. It adds a little volume and it is buildable, but it is more of a lengthening & defining mascara than a dramatic, volumizing mascara. It does leave my lashes somewhat stiff, but it is truly waterproof. NO smudges at all, even after an 8-hour rafting trip, and a 2+ hour long run (in sweltering 90 degree heat). My lashes look as fresh and amazing as when Iíd applied this mascara. It is a bugger to remove, I use an oil cleanser to dissolve my eyemakeup followed by a gel facial cleanser, and the next morning I still had smears/black specks under my eyes. But for when a truly waterproof mascara is needed, this doesnít disappoint. Iím pretty sure this is the first waterproof mascara Iíve ever raved about, and I already purchased a back-up!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Mimiii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been trough so many of these! I had only tried two mascaras all my life, both Maybelline. The Falsies was the fist one and I liked it a lot! But then I brought this one, and wow. I prefer the brush way more than the Falsies one! It separates my lashes very well and hardly ever cumpls! I recently brought an Elf Eye Lash Curler and with this mascara it really holds the curl all day! My lashes are fairly dark, yet kind of blond at the ends and it realy does make them look darker and fuller! My lashes are also really short, so a good mascara is a must for me. It is waterproof! I remember I had been crying my eyes out and I had this on, and not once did it flake on me nor did I have black streaks of make up on my cheeks. I have repurchased this so many times I've lost count! The only thing I don't like, is is problem I've had with a few of the tubes. The brush, would come out of the handle, and altough you can always stick it back in, it annoys me greatly. It has not happened with my last few tubes, tough, so maybe it was bad luck I guess. It holds curl well, stays on all day without flaking, doesn't clump my lashes, separetes them well, makes them look fuller, offers good volume; what more could you ask for in a drugstore mascara?! All in all, great mascara and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by trisheee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally a mascara that will hold a curl! There are many mascaras I use, and love but after trying this one I'm hard pressed to go back to using any of the others. I'm tempted to trash them all...except for Jordana when I need jet black lashes. This One by One does everything a mascara should; adds a bit of volume, lengthens a ton and seperates beautifully. This doesn't smudge, flake or sting my eyes and it holds a curl like nobody's business. Best of all it's easy to remove with my aveeno foaming face wash. This stuff is perfection in a tube!! The search for my HG mascara is finally over!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Arizona4ever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

As far as waterproof mascaras go, this one is not very good. My main concern is that it stays on in the water, which it did excellently. However, it clumped my lashes together an by the end of the day, my eyelashes were falling out! It removes with much effort and makeup remover...but it also remover more lashes. Needless to say, I returned it to Target.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by sugaryandspicy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great mascara for the price. it really separates the lashes and keeps the curl like nobody's business. The only drawback to this product is that it's a bit of work to take it off at the end of the day, but if you have patience when it comes to makeup removal, this is a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by eilishfitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is stellar. I wear it on days when its 95 and up degree weather and it doesn't come off.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by pllover

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really liked it. I wore it during work one day and there was no flaking or stuff under my eyes at the end of the day. It holds a curl pretty well, and my lashes don't actually clump together. The smell is interesting though(someone says it smells like lilacs,) and the bottom lashes are kind of hard to get with the wand.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by mbtmom2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't mind paying $$ for products that work and perform well for me. Especially mascara, as I have light, thin, short, sparse lashes. But to me, drugstore mascaras typically perform as well as the high end counterparts. I have tried Dior and other high ends was not impressed This is one of those mascaras that you wonder why you tried so many other options first. This lengthens, separates, and volumizes all in one tube. I actually prefer the waterproof as it holds the curl better for me. I work 12 hour shifts and this lasts without clumping and fading. Maybelline mascaras tend to work as well or better than high end mascaras for me. I've tried the Balm, Benefit Bad Gal and They're Real, Clinique High Impact, Dior, UD, Lancome, MAC, and many more and I still come back to Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2012 11:53:00 PM More reviews by CallaayXo

I would have to say this product is amazing! this mascara does a wonderful job of separating my lashes and also lengthening them. I bought this product originally in waterproof then decided to try the regular formula but it did not work the same. I am one that I use mascara one at a time and I seem to keep repurchasing this one. I would recommend this mascara for someone who loves for their lashes to be separated and also lengthened. good find!!