Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Hydrogenated Polydicyclopentadiene, Nylon-12, C20-40 Alcohols, Perfluorononyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Polyethylene, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Tocopherol. [+/- (May Contain/Peut contenir): CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77266 (Black 2)].

on 4/20/2013 11:36:00 PM

Let me tell you about my story in regards to this liner. When I was a kid I'd go and buy cheap drugstore (or even worse) pencil liners. They were ok a bit hard and not very pigmented. My first proper eyeliner was Zero by Urban Decay. I couldn't believe how smooth and pigmented it was compared to my previous liners.

Well, a few years later I'd moved on and now preferred liquid and gel liners (particularly Bobbi Brown gel liner and Dolly Wink liquid liner). They were a lot easier to use and had greater staying power than the good old trusty Zero.

Recently I discovered UD came out with Perversion, which was supposed to be a lot darker than Zero. Of course I was curious. So I went and tried it out. And indeed it was DARK. Much darker than any other liner I've ever tried.

But that's where the good points stop. It is so creamy like warm butter. So much so that the first time I used it I pressed quite gently, but not gently enough because it went all over my eyes and gave me raccoon eyes! But the major problem is with staying power. For something that is 24/7, it would be incredibly Lucky if it lasted 24 seconds. It starts sliding as soon as you put it on. Sigh. That means it's probably good to put on and take a few selfies but no way could you wear it out.

Disappointing, but I'm happy with my other liners, so not really devastated.

on 4/16/2013 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I really want to love this pencil because the color is amazing, but this smudges. After a few hours, the color travels to the bottom of my eyes and I have tried everything to avoid this. I really do not want racoon eyes.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The blackest black eyeliner pencil I've ever come across! Love that it's matte, and glides on really nice (as per the name) it's smooth and creamy and I prefer pencils because of their easy application. Although I do find it fades a little and smudges throughout the day, I don't mind touching up such a beautiful product. Have repurchased many times, and I will again!

on 4/3/2013 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

this is a really rich, super creamy, blackest black eyeliner. unfortunately it smudges/transfers like crazy and that's a bummer :( i use it for tight-lining and it transferred to my bottom water line and then i got the raccoon eyes effect. im giving it 2 stars for the rich black color and the creaminess. but will not buy again. i have an entire stick i have to go through now! i read a tip that you can use a liner brush and brush on clarins double fix mascara over liner to help it stay put-will try that. the best eyeliner i have tried so far (but pricey) that doesn't transfer is the chanel one. for DS, l'oreal makes a gel pencil liner thats pretty creamy and black too and doesn't smudge as much as this one. not as black though :( and whatever you do, do NOT buy tarte's black eyeliner in onyx, smudges worse than this one!

on 4/3/2013 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love gel eyeliners, this one is great, deep black, performs as it states it should, glides on easily, sets and becomes smudge/fade/water proof...however, I have tried a few other brands of less expensive liners that are EXACTLY the same with a much smaller price tag. So that being said, I will continue to use the drugstore brands and pay less without sacrificing quality.

The best black I have ever come across. Yes it smudges a little but if I use primer, it is minimized. I haven't found a better one.

really disappointed in this product. because its so creamy it smudges so easily. when I use it on my waterline it makes my vision hazy which doesn't happen with any other liner. what also annoys me is that the lid doesn't fit on the back of it but that's just me bring fussy. a good dupe for this though is the rimmel scandaleyes waterproof eyeliner in black.

on 3/31/2013 12:31:00 AM

I ran out of my favorite Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes, and decided to try something new. I've heard some good things about this eye liner and I usually like Urban Decay products, but this eyeliner was TERRIBLE. The pigmentation was great, I loved how dark it was. Now for the negatives... It smudged almost instantly, and the entire day my eyes were burning! now I look like a raccoon and my eyes are stinging. Definitely not worth the hype.

on 3/19/2013 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Like everyone else is saying, this is super pigmented, blackest black, and very creamy. The texture is wonderful, but it does tend to smudge. I like it much better than Zero, though. As long as I use very little, like when I wiggle it into my lash line, I find it doesn't smudge much. A little goes a long way, but I couldn't use this in a more noticeable way without setting it with eyeshadow first. I don't think an eyeliner worth repurchasing should need to be set to last properly, IMHO.

on 3/16/2013 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

So, I was in the market for a dark black eyeliner that didn't rub off right away, something that would last all day long and that was blacker than black....well FINALLY I found it...this liner is AWESOME!!! It is the best liner I have tried and I have no complaints. I have been using it for a month and it doesn't smear on me, it lasts all day long and I love how I can at the end of the day just wipe it off with a makeup remover wipe and it's gone. It is a bit pricey considering it's just a black pencil, but it is worth it. Give it a try! I am so happy that this liner lived up to the hype, I couldn't wait to buy it and try it and I am so happy that I LOVE it!!! Will definitely repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

The best pencil EVER! SUPER BLACK Perversion Pencil by Urban Decay! by Anna Boroshok

How to do inspiration Hello Kitty Makeup: Fun & Great for Halloween! by beautybysantaana

Top Rated Urban Decay Products