August 1, 2014 | 1305 users online

Eyeliner - Urban Decay - 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Emohkinz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For me, this is the best eyeliner that isn't liquid. It's super creamy, a very black pigment, and easy to apply. As I have always had a problem with liquid eyeliner, this is the pencil I use everyday. There are a few problems I have with it though.

1) I hate sharpening it. When I have makeup all over my fingers, and I go to sharpen it, it slides through my fingers. So I have to use my teeth, and that's not to good for them.
2) Sometimes right after you sharpen it, when you first go to apply it, the tip will break off because its so soft. So make sure not to sharpen it very much at all.
3) When using it, sometimes little black pieces will fall down on your face, and if you try to remove them they smudge black all over your freshly made up face.
4) if the tip falls off or little pieces do, or pencil shavings fall onto your counter, it's a PAIN IN THE A** to clean, it leaves big thick smudges all ove your counter when you try and pick it up, that you'll have to clean up right away.
5) It runs out pretty quickly...
6) The last thing that is pretty problematic is it smudges way to easily. This is great if that's what your using it for, but if you have an itch on your eye, it will smudge all over your eye make up if you scratch it. Way more so than any other eyeliner. And make sure to wash your hands after scratching so you don't get this stuff all over your clothes!

So yeah, I guess there are quite a few downsides, but I still use it everyday. And will continue to do so until I can find a better one. I just love how rich the color is and how easily it glides on.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Do8666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I hate it. Sure, it's the blackest black pencil, but you can find liquids just as dark. I hate how super creamy it is, it smudges too easily, and sets too quickly. So when you use it, you need to have a steady hand and some Q-tips near by. One slip up, and your stuck with it! It will last ALL day, but good luck getting it off. I've tried it out several times with different removers, and every time I end up having to rub my eyes so much they feel sore! And it needs to be sharpened way too frequently! I have used it about 7 times and the pencil has less than 40% left to it! I have NEVER had a pencil go so quickly! Waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ohsweetmel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm honestly a tad disappointed. I have such high expectations of UD, and they let me down with this one. While the color is BEAUTIFUL because it is such a dark black (which really pops out my blue eyes!) it's a disappointment because I feel that it wears off so quickly! Keep in mind, I rim my lower lash line, so that is what my review is based off of. I don't rim my upper lid, simply because I don't care for the look on me, only if I'm getting it professionally done :) Anyway, still looking for that eyeliner that lasts a long time, and this one isn't quite it. Have to admit, a lot better than a lot I've used, and certainly up there. I'd repurchase, yet I'm planning to still continue shopping around.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by fierymermaid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Best black eyeliner pencil I've found...I usually favour liquid, but sometimes don't want such a severe, defined line. I favour creamy eyeliner pencils that you can smudge, soften, and "fade out." This is hard to find, because: 1) many pencils don't smudge, 2) a lot of pencils are hard and tug the eye, 3) many "soft" pencils don't "dry" and smudge too much, and 4) many soft pencils begin to break apart when you sharpen them after a while.

I was using Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen, and while it had good colour and the texture was what I wanted the pencil would dry into a waterproof, smudgeproof finish, it suffered from problem #4 listed above...about halfway through the pencil, it would start to sharpen all stupid. Wood splintering, eye pencil inside breaking, etc.

So I picked up UD Perversion and HOLLA. It's even darker than the Pixi pencil. It's as black as liquid liner. I can smudge it and blend it, but it doesn't smudge too much. It's creamy, but not so much so that it ends up smearing everywhere and being ugly. And it sharpens just dandy. KEEPER!

I don't wear eyeliner in my waterline, so I can't comment on that.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by tinyvessels

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

very creamy. very black. easy to smudge (if you're going for a smokey eye look). easy to make your line thick or small (just sharpen it to make it pointy)

i have very oily eyelids and this stayed on even when i didn't use an eye primer. it didn't give me raccoon eyes, but smudged above my lids only a little bit. (with most drugstore eyeliners, it's a lot)

I feel like it's such a pain to sharpen it though and I feel like when you do, you lose a lot of product. I got mine from sephora for $19.
I like it a lot, it's a really good eyeliner, but I get the same results from my wet n wild creme eyeliner pot ($5)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like the UD 24/7 eyeliners for their staying power and ease of application. I thought I'd love the Perversion, but (shockingly to me) it's actually too black. To the point of looking really out of place for daytime wear. So this is a date-night-only product for me. It also doesn't stay on quite as long as the Zero, so I think I'll be buying the Zero again next time instead of this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by mistyscooby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner pencils, having used Bourbon religiously, and recently adding crash to my collection. I decided to try a black from Urban Decay, and went with perversion. Bad idea. TOO CREAMY. To the point where you sharpen it, put it on your eye, and it instantly smears everywhere! Not a good look, and after that, it dries like superglue onto the skin and is almost impossible to get off! Also, there is something in this one that really irritates my eyes when I tightline or use it on the waterline, someting which has never happened with the other colors. My vision went super blurry, and no, unlike some of the other reviewers, I don't wear contacts!

This is one to skip, unless you were planning on looking like a raccoon and getting your eyes super irritated.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My favorite blackest black eye pencil! This bad boy is so smooth and glides on like butter. I love adding this pencil when I do a smokey purple look or just a regular smokey eye or alone with lots of mascara.

It's one of these if you love black and I mean pitch black and you want it to stay on your eyes this is your pencil. It lasts forever because it goes on so smooth and once it sets it really doesn't budge at all. I am amazed with how long it lasts. This is a great pencil if you love black and want a good pencil for the money it is pricey but the quality is beyond good.

This is an easy 5 lippie pencil because it's smooth,lasts,and doesn't smudge unless you want to smudge it. I really love it and recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by SARAHD33x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG for black eye liner.

This product is absolutely fantastic! There is no tugging, creating a smooth fluid application, and once it is set, it doesn't budge. The pigments are fantastic, and it is in no way heavy or bulky on your eyes. Urban Decay also does not test on animals, and their products are free of Parabens, Mineral Oil (which is a common allergy) and GMO's, increasing my confidence that this product is safer than most of the eyeliners you purchase out there.

I would consider this more of a cream eyeliner in a stick because of its ability to glide so effortlessly without and tugging or pulling on the eye- allowing a beautiful smooth line. It does what it claims and lasts all day, although keep in mind that it still is makeup so don't go rubbing your eyes. I've cried through this stuff and it doesnt budge. It also doesnt fade away over the course of the day.

My absolute HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Emmiloves

I love this eyeliner!!! MY HG for now!!
PROS: Its so black, makes it look like ive effortly put on liquid eyeliner too. I wear this with urban decay potion primer. This will last all day on my lids, I love it so much! Application is easy, and very creamy but wont budge on your eyes. It dosen't last 24/7 really, but it will last around 8 hours before touch up which is amazing especially for my oily lids.

CONS: The eyeliner is so expensive!!! Its worth it but I need to sharpen it so often, so i go through this eyeliner quite quickly!

Also do not put this eyeliner very near your tearducts otherwise with collate into gunk in a few hours (gross!) As for the waterline, this is not good in my opinion. It moves off my waterline easily, ahh well for lids its amazing!