November 28, 2014 | 1926 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I read a lot of reviews on here, watched YT reviews, read some beauty blog reviews, etc. From the descriptions and reviews (all positive), I was expecting this to be a perfect powder, one that can be warn alone or as a finishing powder for my liquid foundation. I was expecting this to make my face look matte in oily spots, and finished all over without making other spots looks cakey. What this ended up looking like on my face was matte and finished, but after a few hours, it looked cakey in oily spots, and actually made my face look really dried out in others (which doesn't happen to me!). This powder feels very nice going on, and is smooth and silky, but just doesn't give me the look I'm going for - either on its own or as a finishing powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wanting to try this product for a while and after reading all the reviews on here, I caved and bought it. I normally use MAC MSFN in Medium Plus to set my foundation, so I started looking for something new because I'm nearly out of that. For reference, I'm between an NW25-NW30, closer to the higher end of that, as I have a medium/tan complexion. I decided to give the Medium Plus Studio Careblend power a whirl and at first, all I could think was how light it looks in the pan. I do agree that the shades of Studio Careblend are different than the shades of the MSFNs. The Medium Plus MSFN is a tad darker than Medium Plus Studio Careblend. What I like most about this powder is how it applies like butter, it's such a soft consistency. I don't feel overly powdered like I have felt with my MSFN powder. At first I thought my skin looked a little washed out after applying, but as the day progressed, my skin looked fresh and had a nice, soft look to it. I love the little sponge this comes with and I like how the compact has a mirror. It held my makeup in place and I didn't get oily at all.
This product is a true gem and I look forward to repurchase and hope MAC keeps this around!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by sassenachtiff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

For reference: combo skin, NC25-30, Asian with yellow/golden undertones.

I love this powder. I find it more mattifying than MSFN, which is exactly what I need since my t-zone is perpetually shiny. The texture is interesting--it's a powder, but it seems creamy at the same time and I can wear it without feeling like it makes me look cakey. I apply it with the included puff by pressing the powder into my skin. Then I buff it in with a powder brush. I noticed that I don't have to blot as much during the day when I wear it.

I hit pan on my first Careblend and have since repurchased. Originally, I was wearing Light Plus since it's more yellow, but it was a bit too light for me, so now I'm wearing Medium Plus and it's a way better match. Will buy again once I hit pan on this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

Love! :-) I've been using MAC's Prep and Prime translucent powder for a very long time, which I still love, but decided to try a powder with some color in it. I have very dry skin, which is why I've stayed away from colored powders in the past ... they usually cake onto my dry patches and look horrible! MAC Studio Careblend pressed powder does NOT do that! I apply it with a powder brush and it looks wonderful! I'm currently using Medium and it matches my NC20 skintone pretty well ... it's a tad dark, but not all that noticeable and it will look perfect as summer starts and I get more of a tan. I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by PerfectPicture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after running out of my Clinique Almost Powder in 02 Neutral Fair. I used Medium Plus which is just about the same as the Clinique version. Almost Powder goes on much lighter than it seems in the pan hence why I needed to go for a darker one and when I tried this on it seemed much better. I am NW15.
PROS
-Range of colours
-Blends easily
-Doesn't melt easily!
-Doesn't soak up my oil.
- It has a mirror!

CONS
-Price but it's worth it!
-I prefer a sponge triangle than the powder pad it comes with but each to their own.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I came across this product when I was looking for a MAC bronzer/ contour powder that was matte. After not finding any blush or bronzer that suited my skintone, my MAC makeup artist suggested that I try a powder that was darker than my skintone. After trying this, I was completely amazed at how natural this looked as a contour color on my skintone (NC30-35/C40) without it looking too shimmery or too dark or even too orangey as what most bronzers make my skin look. And because of this, I don't even bother putting on blush anymore, I simply contour and highlight for a gorgeous natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ohsoosmexy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product 3 days ago. So far, I'm IN LOVE. I'm tossing my MSF to the side and using the Careblend now. I love the coverage and the finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't tried any other MAC face powder yet, so I can't compare this to any other power in terms of quality. I actually LOVE this powder. I have acne-prone skin and I have scars all over my face but with a little concealer and this over top, I'm good to go in the mornings! Careblend does provide decent coverage, so I'm pretty happy with it. I have combination skin: i have dry patches on my nose and some on my cheeks, while the rest of my face is an oil slick. I find that Careblend is a tad drying, so it sticks to my dry patches a bit, but it keeps my face matte, which is something I'm OK with. For reference, I'm about NC 20 and I have this in Light Plus. I will be repurchasing once I'm finished with my compact. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Esousa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I already own MAC's MSFN, so I tought there was no way I could like this one better. But I needed a powder to keep in my purse, since I feed that my skin is changing from dry to combination skin, and by lunchtime the oilies are coming through on my nose and forehead. Having said that I bought this abouth a month ago and I'm loving it so far. I use it by itself or on top of MUFE F&B and it gives the most natural feeling ever. It's really lightweight. I don't feel I get oily as quickly as before and when I do it's more of a glow-type thing. Also, when I saw these at the MAC store I tought they were too yellow-toned for me, as I have a cool undertones and slight rosacea on the cheeks. Sometimes when powders this yellow sit on top of my skin it looks really weird and off, like I chose the wrong tone. But since this melts into the skin, turns out the yellow-ness helps to cover up my rosacea and, overall, even out my skin tone.

The little puff it comes with is nice for touch-ups, and I love the packaging.

I love it and will buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ladolcediva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

beautiful product! I usually use mineralize skinfinish natural, but I love this as aore matte, fuller coverage powder. I prefer to wear this on top of tech or sculpt. alone, it can b packed on as a slughty more sheer version of studion fix. lovely and highly recommended.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No