April 16, 2014 | 1942 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Ok, so at first I didn't like this product and actually placed it up for swap. No one wanted it so I tried it again.

I used to apply it with a brush, but I actually like how it looks when I use a sponge! I then got that airbrush look that everyone was talking about and now I love it. I can't stop looking at myself and its great for my dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by teago

Never ever did I think Id like a MAC face product..till now!
Studio fix is too cakey and breaks me out. MSF Natural looks dry and Blot is so delicate it breaks in my bag within a week.

Studio careblend feels like blot but covers almost like Studio Fix. The perfect handbag companion I say!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by princess101

This is a great, great powder---because it doesn't look or feel like a powder at all. The finish is gorgeous; smooth, silky and natural. It doesn't emphasize any fine lines, pores or wrinkles but rather makes the skin appear flawless. It glides onto the skin effortlessly and just seems to blend upon contact. It reminds of the smooth creamy feeling that you get when you touch an aqua powder, except in pressed form.

I like to use EcoTools Finishing Kabuki when applying this as a setting powder to liquid foundation, as it deposits a light dusting. When used as a powder foundation, I like to buff this in with a flat top kabuki (dense, packed bristles) which gives medium coverage for me.

I am generally an NC20 in the dead of winter, and NC25 with more golden tones in the warmer months. I purchased this in both Light Plus and Medium Plus. Light Plus works well right now, both as a powder foundation and setting powder. Medium Plus is a touch too dark for my winter skin, but worked well when I had a faux tan during Spring Break. Both have golden undertones, Light and Medium had pink undertones, and I didn't bother looking at the rest of the shades.

Also, I have combo/oily skin and this works just fine. It keep my oils at bay and doesn't oxidize throughout the day (I do wear a primer though). When oil did surface, it did not become muddy or seperate, but gave me a "glow."

Thumbs up that it has a mirror in the compact! Thank you Mac! I would definately recommend everyone give this a try, as it is far better in finish and coverage IMO, than MSFN.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice smooth finish, but way too dark / orange for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This powder leaves me looking airbrushed. I use it over liquid foundation, over tinted moisturizer, or by itself and every time it looks flawless. My face never looks like I have powder on, and never ever cakey. This powder is good for every purpose. I am nw15 and use this powder in light plus.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 4:50:00 PM More reviews by twestla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thank you ladies on MUA! Thanks to all the reviews on this forum, I have finally found my HG face routine, and this was the last stop on my quest. I now use: MAC Face & Body (C3), Lancome Effacernes concealer, and this new Studio Careblend! This stuff is awesome! I have been trying to stay away from the heavily powdered look now that I am in my early 40's. It was starting to look heavy & cakey. So I finally bought Mac F&B, which is incredible....however I just felt the coverage a little too light for me. So now, with the Careblend, I have the perfect coverage. This powder is like no other I have used. I read the reviews where some ladies said "you look like a doll" and I totally concur. I couldnt wait to try it once I purchased it, so I put some on in the car after I left the store....since it was clear and sunny out, I got a real great look at it in the natural light, and it DOES melt into your skin. No powdery/chalky look AT ALL, no settling into my fine lines, and it did in fact blur out my larger pores. Wonderful soft, airbrushed goodness! I am in love!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

I was considering getting the Mineralized Skinfinish Natural for awhile and asked the makeup board what they thought. Many people recommended that I get this instead and so a couple days later I went to Nordy's and picked it up. I love how soft and smooth this is. I can use it to set my foundation and then throughout the day to touch up and control any oiliness or what-have-you. I like that this comes in the sleek black packaging and contains a mirror, something that the MSFN does not have. I like the sponge applicator that comes with it but I often use a kabuki instead. I would say this is light coverage but I like that part... I don't like heavy coverage. Overall I really like this and even though I still want to try the MSFN, I definitely don't regret buying this and I might even buy another one when this runs out.
UPDATE: I ended up taking this back and buying the MSFN instead. I don't hate this powder but I started moving away from it because my skin looked dry and cakey if I used this without fix+ on top. I also feel like it was too pink tinted for my warm skintone. I think it could be great for some, but I now that I'm using msfn I am a lot more pleased.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

I'm in love :) I use this to set my MAC Face and Body with wonderful results. I am not a fan of matte finishes but this powder is an exception - I agree with the other ladies who said it makes you look like a doll. It also makes my skin so soft, I just want to touch my face all day...bad enough I was looking in the mirror all day!! ha! I am NC 25 (but more neutral than yellow) and I use Medium Plus (I use C2 in Face and Body though). I have used MSFN previously in Medium, and found that too light so I went to Medium Plus straight away...perfect match. I am excited to buy this in either Medium Deep or Medium Dark and use as a bronzer in the summer :) HG STATUS!

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is EXTREMELY moisturizing. I have never experienced a moisturizing powder before but I love it. My skin is very dry and patchy but this makes for a very comfortable feel.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I was looking for the perfect powder to set my skin79 bb cream, I had originally gotten a chanel powder, but it made my skin look so god awful back to Nordies it went, then I scoured here to see if there was anything new that people really liked and this seemed to be the winner. While I have combination skin, it gets both flaky and oily eww right, and this powder is amazing it feels cool when you apply it and there is no powdery look like with the studio fix, its like blot powder with a hint of color gorgeous to say the least. Someone told me that these shades tend to run a little lighter, but I was still matched to medium, and it didnt oxidise on me even after wearing for at least 12 hrs. The only thing I didnt like was that the puff was kinda cheap, I had been hoping for a puff like in my studio fix for when I touch up on the go. I think in the summer Im going to have to get it in medium plus but for now I'm very happy with it. It looks soo gorgeous on too!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by nermoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't find anything special about this power.it doesn't give good coverage and it oxidizes after few hours,i luv MSF natural more.won't repurchase..