July 30, 2014 | 1625 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Studio Careblend

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by Esousa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I already own MAC's MSFN, so I tought there was no way I could like this one better. But I needed a powder to keep in my purse, since I feed that my skin is changing from dry to combination skin, and by lunchtime the oilies are coming through on my nose and forehead. Having said that I bought this abouth a month ago and I'm loving it so far. I use it by itself or on top of MUFE F&B and it gives the most natural feeling ever. It's really lightweight. I don't feel I get oily as quickly as before and when I do it's more of a glow-type thing. Also, when I saw these at the MAC store I tought they were too yellow-toned for me, as I have a cool undertones and slight rosacea on the cheeks. Sometimes when powders this yellow sit on top of my skin it looks really weird and off, like I chose the wrong tone. But since this melts into the skin, turns out the yellow-ness helps to cover up my rosacea and, overall, even out my skin tone.

The little puff it comes with is nice for touch-ups, and I love the packaging.

I love it and will buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 2:29:00 AM More reviews by ladolcediva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

beautiful product! I usually use mineralize skinfinish natural, but I love this as aore matte, fuller coverage powder. I prefer to wear this on top of tech or sculpt. alone, it can b packed on as a slughty more sheer version of studion fix. lovely and highly recommended.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by christeeezy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually stay away from MAC face products, minus the blushes. But I've read many good reviews on this and took a chance. I ended up loving this powder! I have extremely problematic-sensitive skin and haven't had any bad reactions from this product. I use it over tinted moisturizer and the end result is a natural finish. People don't even realize I'm wearing makeup. I can get away with just using concealer and this powder together and it still looks natural. This gives me light-medium coverage and is great for everyday use, even to throw it in your bag. For shade reference, I'm an NC42 and I use Medium Dark.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

this is da best press powder das i have came across for long time..althought this
powder is made for dry skin but for some reason my combination skin doesnt become oily with this powder while most powder only lasts about half an hr on my t zone....i usually reach for this when i need a quick touch up.. i find this more convenient than blot powder because i can use careblend on all areas on my face instead of b pwder which i have to be careful not to use under my eyes or blemishes or else it will totallt dry da area upp...i m nc30 and my color is medium plus...those of u with oily skin should also give it a tryyyyyy!!!

UPDATE: took two lippies off bacause of da color. The medium plus has more liked a neutral biege tone to it and when i use it as setting powder all over sometimes dont seem right so i only use for touch up. I finally went to da mac counter and put it side by side with the nc30 powder and realize its not the same tone thats right it gives me a muddy look. And the tone difference gets more and more noticeable as the day goes by...when i go home at the end of my day my face is completely different color than my chest which really bothers me...this is probably due to oxidying.....

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by ns1717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My skin is very dry around my cheeks and forehead and the makeup artist at MAC suggested this over a MSFN for dry skin (plus, I told him I wanted one with a mirror and he's like "this one is PERFECT"). I absolutely love this powder, it really does "melt" onto the skin and it mattifies any shine without over drying the face. It's amazing and I love it. I'm very happy that it's part of the permanent line because I will definitely repurchase. I use this to set my Skin79 BB cream (like a tinted moisturizer) with a makeup sponge to tone down the shine on my nose, and it makes my skin feel very soft. I recommend it if you want a sleek powder for touch-ups and if you have normal to dry skin.

p.s. I'm an NC20 and he matched me to Light Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by kadhine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really think that this is a great product, one of MAC's best in my opinion. I'm NC 45 in MAC and use the shade Deep in the Careblend powder. The finish is absolutely brilliant! I gives light to medium coverage on its own, but also works great as setting powder for cream/liquid foundation. I use Retin-A on a regular basis and this powder does not accentuate the dry patches as much as the Skinfinish Natural. Overall I think this a great product, one that I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Ok, so at first I didn't like this product and actually placed it up for swap. No one wanted it so I tried it again.

I used to apply it with a brush, but I actually like how it looks when I use a sponge! I then got that airbrush look that everyone was talking about and now I love it. I can't stop looking at myself and its great for my dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by teago

Never ever did I think Id like a MAC face product..till now!
Studio fix is too cakey and breaks me out. MSF Natural looks dry and Blot is so delicate it breaks in my bag within a week.

Studio careblend feels like blot but covers almost like Studio Fix. The perfect handbag companion I say!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by princess101

This is a great, great powder---because it doesn't look or feel like a powder at all. The finish is gorgeous; smooth, silky and natural. It doesn't emphasize any fine lines, pores or wrinkles but rather makes the skin appear flawless. It glides onto the skin effortlessly and just seems to blend upon contact. It reminds of the smooth creamy feeling that you get when you touch an aqua powder, except in pressed form.

I like to use EcoTools Finishing Kabuki when applying this as a setting powder to liquid foundation, as it deposits a light dusting. When used as a powder foundation, I like to buff this in with a flat top kabuki (dense, packed bristles) which gives medium coverage for me.

I am generally an NC20 in the dead of winter, and NC25 with more golden tones in the warmer months. I purchased this in both Light Plus and Medium Plus. Light Plus works well right now, both as a powder foundation and setting powder. Medium Plus is a touch too dark for my winter skin, but worked well when I had a faux tan during Spring Break. Both have golden undertones, Light and Medium had pink undertones, and I didn't bother looking at the rest of the shades.

Also, I have combo/oily skin and this works just fine. It keep my oils at bay and doesn't oxidize throughout the day (I do wear a primer though). When oil did surface, it did not become muddy or seperate, but gave me a "glow."

Thumbs up that it has a mirror in the compact! Thank you Mac! I would definately recommend everyone give this a try, as it is far better in finish and coverage IMO, than MSFN.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice smooth finish, but way too dark / orange for me.