October 21, 2014 | 894 users online

Mascara - Clinique - Bottom Lash Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by dearladydisdain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have weird, curled bottom lashes, so I was never able to get mascara on them with the huge volumizing mascaras I like to use on my top lashes. It made me look like a crazy doll. Therefore, I was super excited to try the Bottom Lash mascara. The brush is the perfect size to catch my bottom lashes and it doesn't smudge at all. The reason I rated this mascara down? It gives me huge clumps! Maybe I got a "dud" tube, but no matter how I apply it, I get big chunks of mascara on my lashes that I have to figure out how to comb off (not an easy feat!) I will probably not purchase again. I love the brush but the formula does not work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 7:40:00 AM More reviews by cick

I have always been a strictly top lash mascara girl...until now. This little bottle is absolutely great: the formula doesn't smudge and it is really easy to apply. The brush is tiny - like a doll's mascara. I have reaquainted myself with my bottom lashes - now my eyes look framed and fluttery (!) and I realise how lop-sided it all looked before...

I paid $28 AU which is fine for me. I gave it three stars because obviously I would prefer all fab products to be $2.95, however, I would buy this again in a heartbeat.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by carolinewknight

I absolutely love this mascara from Clinique. It lasts throughout the day and doesn't smudge, aswell as being almost waterproof. Another one of their products I hoard up on when I go to the states. One tube tends to last me a while for me as I only need to go over the bottom lash 2 or 3 times at the most and I'm done. Also love how it is not difficult to remove at the end of the day, unlike many other mascara's I have tried in the past. Definately a repeat-buy for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been considering this for a while & finally bought it to bump up my Sephora order for free shipping. So glad I did! I am very nearsighted and struggle with the bottom lashes. It always smudges. This brush makes it SO fast and easy! Two swipes on each eye and you're good! I was concerned that dealing with a separate brush would take too much time, but it actually SAVES time spent manipulating the big brush and cleaning up smudges. In fact, I have even used this on my top lashes. Best of all the mascara, while not waterproof, is very water-resistant--no flaking or smearing and lasts long into the night. I hope enough people discover this product that it stays in the Clinique lineup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first bought this I was quite taken aback by the size of the tube - it is tiny, smaller than the mascaras they give away in GWPs. I have pretty long lashes on the bottom, but they are very fair and tend to get covered in concealer while I do my make up, so I have always used a mascara on the bottom lashes. In fact, I was using a mini GWP tube of High Impact mascara on my bottom lashes before I bought this, and the brush itself was fine but it would always flake and smudge. My regular volumising mascara looked too dramatic for daytime if I used it on the bottom, so I was on the quest for a smudge-proof product. This is it. It doesn't budge all day and leaves me with the perfect definition without looking clumpy. It never flakes or smudges.

I am not sure if I am doing something wrong but my usual eye make up remover takes this right off, no need for the whole warm water and fingers removal. I am obsessive about getting every scrap of mascara off and my usual remover does this with absolutely no problems if I use it on a cotton pad as usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 10:48:00 PM More reviews by jekkah

This does not budge. It stayed in place w/o flaking throughout a 2-hour ballet class. That is all!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by glorynails

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the brush, it makes it so easy to apply mascara to the lower lashes, but it smudges on me, which of course i dont like. I have decided to let it sit for sometime, and try it after a few days, once its little dry....lets see if it helps. But as of now, love the brush, but hate the product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

Usually with many mascara wands they are too big and I feel like they either poke my eyes out or I get mascara on my lower lashes because of bigger brushes. I'm so glad Clinique came out with this product because it has truly made a difference for my lower lashes. It adds a nice amount of volume and the smaller brush shape makes it easy to control and get into the inner corner of my eyes. I didn't have a problem with smudging or flaking with this mascara and it held throughout a busy day and was easily removed with an eye makeup remover at the end of the day. Don't have anything bad to say about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

Best invention ever. Before this, I was using a japanese lengthening mascara with a very thin wand, it worked great and never smudged or flaked, but it was very hard to get a hold of since I can only find it in asia. After trying this, I no longer have to worry about running out of my favorite bottom lash mascara, because this is my new favorite. This tiny little mascara does wonders for my tiny asian lashes. Now my lashes are actually quite long, but very sparse. The bottom lash mascara literally grabs every little bottom lash I have and lengthens + defines it. With this mascara on, my bottom lashes appear almost as long as my upper lashes! This doesn't flake or smudge on me and lasts all day until I remove my makeup at night. Only $10, which may seem like a lot to pay for a tiny little tube of mascara, but if you only use it for your bottom lashes, it actually lasts a very long time. Genius invention, go try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by kit_e_kat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! It makes my bottom lashes look lush and doll like. The brush is great at getting every single lash and it doesn't smudge or budge at all. I use this and Clinique Lash Power on the top and I get a very cute fluttery look that doesn't look clumpy at all. A great product that I would recommend!