Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara

4.2

water - acrylates copolymer - kaolin - beeswax - silica - butylene glycol - peg-15 glyceryl stearate - alcohol - carnauba wax - hydrogenated rapeseed alcohol - bentonite - tocopherol - jojoba seed oil - dimethicone - simethicone - stearic acid - sucrose distearate - aminomethyl propanediol - aminomethyl propanol - disodium edta - sodium citrate - phenoxyethanol - methylparaben - butylparaben - propylparaben - ethylparaben [ /- mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - carmine (ci 75470) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - ultramarines (ci 77007)]

on 10/1/2011 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After anticipating this mascara for way too long, I finally bit the bullet during the lastest Clinique Prime Time. I just like to get free gifts! ;p As we all know, a tubing mascara only need warm water to take off so it's gentler on the lashes compared to normal smudgeproof/waterproof mascaras. This is no different from the half a dozen tubing mascaras I've tried and loved (for my bottom lashes--I need curl holding and waterproof for my top lashes). It works great and is layerable as long as you don't wait until it dries completely, and it's easily removed without fuss. What I like about it is indeed the tiny brush that grabs onto my smallest lashes and makes them look dark, silky, and noticable from three feet away. Although I have to say that I am easily pleased when it comes bottom lashes since mine are barely existant and any tubing mascara gives me the same results. The cute packaging is what made me decide to buy it. However, I was incredibly disappointed--after paying--that it only contains 2mL of the glorious product. Granted I won't need much since it's made for those tiny lower lashes, but even the GWP mascara I got from them contains more! (that one was 3.1mL) the normal quantity of mascara is usually around 7-9mL and CG LB has 13.5mL of jet black goodness inside its tube, so seeing that I paid for a mere smaller than sample tube makes me wonder how Clinique is laughing their head off watching us pay for this little bidule. I'll probably buy this for friends as a nice little surprise, but I will not repurchase this for myself. Overall, I do like it for what it does but I absolutely have to dock off a lippie for the scaming deal.

on 9/12/2011 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Fantastic idea. I use it for my lower lashes as well as the tiny corner lashes and it does the job perfectly. Does not clump at all and the black is a nice dark inky black. I have never had any issues with smudging or running, even in +40C weather. I have two tubes; one in my drawer and one in my makeup bag to go for when I want to add more coats to either upper or lower lashes. A keeper.

on 9/11/2011 12:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

loveeee!!! it makes your bottom lashes look soooo naturel and defines each and every one of them! you can tell if im wearing this compared to my other mascaras as it leaves not even one clump. the bottle is tiny and so is the brush but i dont care! i will repurchase again and again!

on 9/3/2011 4:50:00 PM

For a higher end brand, this product is really not very expensive (about $12). The container is quite small though with little product. But, since it's only being used on your teeny bottom lashes, I suppose it's worth the price.
The brush is ADORABLE. It's so tiny! If packaging or gimmicks draw you in (yes, I'm a sucker), you'll fall for this immediately. It's like Barbie's miniature mascara. And not only does it look appealing, but it works well too. It catches all the little lashes and really opens up the eyes. The formula is great - no clumping or flaking. I highly recommend it.

on 8/21/2011 7:34:00 PM

This is an HG product for me. Up until I found this, getting mascara on my tiny blonde bottom lashes was a messy chore. The price is great too. My only complaint is that it's a bit on the wet side.

on 8/14/2011 2:46:00 PM

I love this mascara and use it on both top & bottom lashes. For a non-waterproof mascara, the staying power is great - it lasts til the end of a sweaty, dancing club night!

It is very subtle and not flaky. Lengthening rather than volumizing.

Although it is a bit pricey for a small tube, it is a mixed blessing because it forces me to repurchase regularly (and mascara s/b replaced often).

on 8/8/2011 2:00:00 PM

Fan-freaking-tastic! I have some seriously sparse, straight, oddly-curled bottom lashes, and this stuff is amazing. I also use it on the inner corners of my upper lashes, and haven't had any flaking or smudging. It's reasonably-priced, and the tiny little brush gets every single lash. My new HG mascara.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have weird, curled bottom lashes, so I was never able to get mascara on them with the huge volumizing mascaras I like to use on my top lashes. It made me look like a crazy doll. Therefore, I was super excited to try the Bottom Lash mascara. The brush is the perfect size to catch my bottom lashes and it doesn't smudge at all. The reason I rated this mascara down? It gives me huge clumps! Maybe I got a "dud" tube, but no matter how I apply it, I get big chunks of mascara on my lashes that I have to figure out how to comb off (not an easy feat!) I will probably not purchase again. I love the brush but the formula does not work for me.

on 8/4/2011 7:40:00 AM

I have always been a strictly top lash mascara girl...until now. This little bottle is absolutely great: the formula doesn't smudge and it is really easy to apply. The brush is tiny - like a doll's mascara. I have reaquainted myself with my bottom lashes - now my eyes look framed and fluttery (!) and I realise how lop-sided it all looked before...

I paid $28 AU which is fine for me. I gave it three stars because obviously I would prefer all fab products to be $2.95, however, I would buy this again in a heartbeat.

I absolutely love this mascara from Clinique. It lasts throughout the day and doesn't smudge, aswell as being almost waterproof. Another one of their products I hoard up on when I go to the states. One tube tends to last me a while for me as I only need to go over the bottom lash 2 or 3 times at the most and I'm done. Also love how it is not difficult to remove at the end of the day, unlike many other mascara's I have tried in the past. Definately a repeat-buy for me.