November 29, 2014 | 1147 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by LeilaJackson73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought the Loreal sublime mouse 62 having used many foam colourants in the past and loving the simplicity and results. I chose the sublime as it had the exact colour I wanted. However I will never be using this again. The colour is fine but the condition it has left my hair is appalling. I immediately noticed when rinsing the colour from my hair that my it felt straw like and very brittle. So I used the whole bottle of conditioner, left it on for 3-4 minutes. I normally can comb my hair with ease when conditioner is on it, but just touching my hair with my fingers I was finding hair was breaking off. I immediately called a hairdresser friend of mine who suggested I let it dry naturally and add tonnes of serum before attempting to detangle my hair. This worked a bit but not enough. So I resorted to putting coconut oil on my hair overnight. I have since washed my hair and managed to detangle my hair, but I am left with broken ends, frizziness and damage to my normally glossy healthy hair.

When I called up Loreal customer care in London (020 8762 4000), they have agreed to send my some damage repair products free of charge. What shocked me though was they said they were surprised at my claim as they havent had any complaints of this kind about this product. While I know some people have good results I have read as many bad reviews just like mine reporting extremely damaged hair. I just wish I had read them before my hair has been ruined.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by curemyson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this color in iced dark brown. My hair was a dark burgundy brown and I was tired of the red so I wanted to go over it with a nice brown. The color on the box looked perfect it was dark, brown and had neutral undertones. I thought the mousse was very easy to use.I purchased and used two boxes. I applied to my roots first, as the gray come in first then went back and put it on the rest of my hair. I left it on the amount of time suggested. My hair is in pretty good condition, it is thick and coarse. The color is BLACK no joke black, not a bad color but not what I was going for. My roots still have a burgundy hint to them, they are definitely a different color than the ends. I guess the mid to end hair is drier and more porous so absorbed more color? Used 1 whole tube of conditioner and my hair felt like straw, slept with my hair saturated in coconut oil and next day it was better but still dry. The color has not faded in 2 weeks and normally I would be thrilled but now I'm just waiting for it to fade!! I wouldn't use this ever again, great idea with the mousse but it's to drying and the colors come out uneven and way darker than anticipated.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Bluerabbits

I bought the Sublime Mousse colour Ice chocolate (ashbrown in Swedish). It did nothing for my black hair with brown tints in it, eventhough the product stated it would change my black hair with brown tints in it. Even Lorealīs colour wheel stated it would work on my hair colour.

I bought two packades for 240 sek (Swedish currency).

The colour Ice chocolate, made my dark hair, much darker. It made it an intensive black colour. Why does that light colour make my hair darker?

I will definitely not buy this product again and I donīt recommend people with asian hair like me to buy this product ever.

I want a refund!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by thepinkhydrangea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Want dry frizzy hair? Then run, don't walk, and get yourself some L'Oreal Sublime Mousse.

When I first saw it, I thought it would cover great and leave my hair feeling soft. Wrong and wrong. The color is spotty and my hair feels like it has been wrapped around the sun - it is now that dry. I had to get overpriced leave in conditioner to repair the damage and will have to suffer with this hideous hair color.

DO NOT BUY.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Rioana1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm addicted to at home hair dyes. I've tried every brand in multiple colors of browns, blacks and reds
never, and i mean never. have i been so disgusted and frustrated with how my hair feels after coloring it. Seriously, and that's because i've used feria which is supposedly horrible for your hair and i've used dirt cheap revlon and gotten better results for half the price

OH and i have spots of my previous color everywhere.

for color reference i used the iced dark brown or something like that

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sra79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When i first purchased colour 90 pure light blonde i have to admit i was so nervous to try it after reading peoples awful experiences but decided to go for it. After numerous hair dye disasters recently where dyes had ash tones in even though they never said 'ash' on the box and sent my hair grey and silver i did alot of research about hair dye numbers! i applied as directed which was so easy with it being a mousse, left it for 30 mins and rinsed it away. The colour was fantastic, it coloured my roots which were very dark, was even all over, left my hair soft and shiny and smelling like a dream! I will be using this colour and make again! please people remember everyone's hair is different, some hair soaks dye in quick other hair slower! be your own judge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I stopped coloring my hair for 2 yrs because I also have tried every home color out there that have left me w/disappointing results (at best) & splotchy uneven dye jobs w/the addition of hair damage & breakage (at worst). Just like the reviewer before me, salon color was unpredictable & I'd end up paying ppl for bad dye jobs I could easily do myself for free, so I couldn't really depend on professional svcs either. And I loved having highlights but I hated the damage, the expense & the time-consuming process. So I stopped all that.

I've been getting by w/tweezing out my grey hairs so far. But my natural mousy brown hair (although healthy) is really boring! After 2 yrs I'm tired of it & am thinking to color again...maybe something burgundy in a semi-permanent tone that will wash out gradually (I bought it in Clairol Second Nature to have on hand when I'm ready to take the plunge). Having tried everything else on drugstore shelves & being disapointed by them all (except L'Oreal Natural Match which was my absolute favorite but is now discontinued, boo!), I came to distrust all the store box colors.

My sister recently used Sublime & got spectacular color results (she said it was medium brown). She colors her hair regularly & developed that really bad unflattering overly-dark pigmented patchy overall haircolor result that was in need of some serious stripping. Now, I know from experience that lighter permanent haircolor pigment cannot lift darker chemical pigment out of previously colored hair, but somehow her using the Sublime color on top of her previous pigment eliminated all that harshness that developed in her hair. It looks beautiful! It looks like natural, virgin healthy hair in a beautiful creamy warm chocolate brown color that doesn't look at all synthetic. I'm dumbfounded! (but happy) Her hair went from matte & flat to shiny & vibrant. It almost seems impossible.

I read the poor reviews on SublimeMousse & other foam color brands & I thought this product would only further mess up her processed hair. Yet it now looks completely repaired - it's SMOOTH, it's SHINY & reflects light w/beautiful translucence. I was quite mesmerized. Now I have something to look forward to when I'm ready to return to permanent haircolor (which will be inevitable). I'm glad L'Oreal came up w/something promising to replace my beloved Natural Match that I can look forward to re-coloring w/o too much apprehension. I'm hoping to get results similar to my sister's. I'm tired of all the damage & disappointments (but I'm not counting on unrealistic miracles either).

It's too bad I haven't seen any Sublime swatches in the red color range...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by veromoda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I also cannot believe the negative reviews! Let me tell you, I absolutely loved this hair dye in Pure Medium Brown 50, and I have tried almost every boxed hair dye there is. I used to get my hair done at hair salons every 2 months. However, after a few disappointing hair jobs done by professional colorists I decided to give a box dye a try. Having learned all of the hair coloring dos and donts, I now dye my hair myself and have very good looking hair. I have tried almost every boxed hair dye, and my absolute favorite dye until today was Fekkai hair color ( I tried all shades of brown ). Today I tried lore al's Sublime Mousse! I was amazed at the results. The color turned out exactly like on the box, perfect even medium brown: no brass, no redness, not dark! just a perfect medium brown - almost my natural hair color, but better.

My hair before: light golden brown with about 3 inches of medium brown roots
Last hair color: 4 months ago
My hair color after: natural, even medium brown
Hair Length: until bra strap, long
Dye boxes used: one (I usually buy 2 boxes for my hair, but one box of the mousse was more than enough !!!)
Hair condition after color: very good, smooth, silky, not dry at all, no odor

Coloring experience was very pleasant: fast, super easy

Not sure if the mousse would cover grays, I don't have any yet. Not sure if the color would last well - will update. However, considering the condition of my hair after the dye, I won't mind coloring every month.

Highly reccomend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on here!! I recently tried sublime mousse and loved it. I have fine dark hair, which was dyed an auburn color before I tried this product. I mixed two shades (the iced brown and the reddish one, maybe 56?) and had a wonderful result - a deep brown with some red undertones. I have about 25 greys, but they are all in a visible location, and this covered them fine!! They took more to the red shade, but they look like hi-lights and you'd never know they were greys.

The color is rich and shiny. I left it on about 5-8 minutes longer than instructed. My hair is so soft, so I'm not sure why people are saying it left their hair feeling dry. Best of all, this product is so easy to apply - just like shampooing - and no drips whatsoever.

I highly recommend you give it a try - I will definitely re-purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by rosebud264

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolute rubbish. Didn't do anything for my roots and had a strong tinge of red. I bought the Golden Brown shade because it was on sale - big mistake! Should have stuck with Schwarzkopf.
Don't bother with this, there are much better mousse hair colours out there.