April 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Sublime Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2011 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Bluerabbits

I bought the Sublime Mousse colour Ice chocolate (ashbrown in Swedish). It did nothing for my black hair with brown tints in it, eventhough the product stated it would change my black hair with brown tints in it. Even Lorealīs colour wheel stated it would work on my hair colour.

I bought two packades for 240 sek (Swedish currency).

The colour Ice chocolate, made my dark hair, much darker. It made it an intensive black colour. Why does that light colour make my hair darker?

I will definitely not buy this product again and I donīt recommend people with asian hair like me to buy this product ever.

I want a refund!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by thepinkhydrangea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Want dry frizzy hair? Then run, don't walk, and get yourself some L'Oreal Sublime Mousse.

When I first saw it, I thought it would cover great and leave my hair feeling soft. Wrong and wrong. The color is spotty and my hair feels like it has been wrapped around the sun - it is now that dry. I had to get overpriced leave in conditioner to repair the damage and will have to suffer with this hideous hair color.

DO NOT BUY.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by Rioana1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm addicted to at home hair dyes. I've tried every brand in multiple colors of browns, blacks and reds
never, and i mean never. have i been so disgusted and frustrated with how my hair feels after coloring it. Seriously, and that's because i've used feria which is supposedly horrible for your hair and i've used dirt cheap revlon and gotten better results for half the price

OH and i have spots of my previous color everywhere.

for color reference i used the iced dark brown or something like that

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by sra79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When i first purchased colour 90 pure light blonde i have to admit i was so nervous to try it after reading peoples awful experiences but decided to go for it. After numerous hair dye disasters recently where dyes had ash tones in even though they never said 'ash' on the box and sent my hair grey and silver i did alot of research about hair dye numbers! i applied as directed which was so easy with it being a mousse, left it for 30 mins and rinsed it away. The colour was fantastic, it coloured my roots which were very dark, was even all over, left my hair soft and shiny and smelling like a dream! I will be using this colour and make again! please people remember everyone's hair is different, some hair soaks dye in quick other hair slower! be your own judge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I stopped coloring my hair for 2 yrs because I also have tried every home color out there that have left me w/disappointing results (at best) & splotchy uneven dye jobs w/the addition of hair damage & breakage (at worst). Just like the reviewer before me, salon color was unpredictable & I'd end up paying ppl for bad dye jobs I could easily do myself for free, so I couldn't really depend on professional svcs either. And I loved having highlights but I hated the damage, the expense & the time-consuming process. So I stopped all that.

I've been getting by w/tweezing out my grey hairs so far. But my natural mousy brown hair (although healthy) is really boring! After 2 yrs I'm tired of it & am thinking to color again...maybe something burgundy in a semi-permanent tone that will wash out gradually (I bought it in Clairol Second Nature to have on hand when I'm ready to take the plunge). Having tried everything else on drugstore shelves & being disapointed by them all (except L'Oreal Natural Match which was my absolute favorite but is now discontinued, boo!), I came to distrust all the store box colors.

My sister recently used Sublime & got spectacular color results (she said it was medium brown). She colors her hair regularly & developed that really bad unflattering overly-dark pigmented patchy overall haircolor result that was in need of some serious stripping. Now, I know from experience that lighter permanent haircolor pigment cannot lift darker chemical pigment out of previously colored hair, but somehow her using the Sublime color on top of her previous pigment eliminated all that harshness that developed in her hair. It looks beautiful! It looks like natural, virgin healthy hair in a beautiful creamy warm chocolate brown color that doesn't look at all synthetic. I'm dumbfounded! (but happy) Her hair went from matte & flat to shiny & vibrant. It almost seems impossible.

I read the poor reviews on SublimeMousse & other foam color brands & I thought this product would only further mess up her processed hair. Yet it now looks completely repaired - it's SMOOTH, it's SHINY & reflects light w/beautiful translucence. I was quite mesmerized. Now I have something to look forward to when I'm ready to return to permanent haircolor (which will be inevitable). I'm glad L'Oreal came up w/something promising to replace my beloved Natural Match that I can look forward to re-coloring w/o too much apprehension. I'm hoping to get results similar to my sister's. I'm tired of all the damage & disappointments (but I'm not counting on unrealistic miracles either).

It's too bad I haven't seen any Sublime swatches in the red color range...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by veromoda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I also cannot believe the negative reviews! Let me tell you, I absolutely loved this hair dye in Pure Medium Brown 50, and I have tried almost every boxed hair dye there is. I used to get my hair done at hair salons every 2 months. However, after a few disappointing hair jobs done by professional colorists I decided to give a box dye a try. Having learned all of the hair coloring dos and donts, I now dye my hair myself and have very good looking hair. I have tried almost every boxed hair dye, and my absolute favorite dye until today was Fekkai hair color ( I tried all shades of brown ). Today I tried lore al's Sublime Mousse! I was amazed at the results. The color turned out exactly like on the box, perfect even medium brown: no brass, no redness, not dark! just a perfect medium brown - almost my natural hair color, but better.

My hair before: light golden brown with about 3 inches of medium brown roots
Last hair color: 4 months ago
My hair color after: natural, even medium brown
Hair Length: until bra strap, long
Dye boxes used: one (I usually buy 2 boxes for my hair, but one box of the mousse was more than enough !!!)
Hair condition after color: very good, smooth, silky, not dry at all, no odor

Coloring experience was very pleasant: fast, super easy

Not sure if the mousse would cover grays, I don't have any yet. Not sure if the color would last well - will update. However, considering the condition of my hair after the dye, I won't mind coloring every month.

Highly reccomend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Australianforbeerk2k3

I'm surprised at all the negative reviews on here!! I recently tried sublime mousse and loved it. I have fine dark hair, which was dyed an auburn color before I tried this product. I mixed two shades (the iced brown and the reddish one, maybe 56?) and had a wonderful result - a deep brown with some red undertones. I have about 25 greys, but they are all in a visible location, and this covered them fine!! They took more to the red shade, but they look like hi-lights and you'd never know they were greys.

The color is rich and shiny. I left it on about 5-8 minutes longer than instructed. My hair is so soft, so I'm not sure why people are saying it left their hair feeling dry. Best of all, this product is so easy to apply - just like shampooing - and no drips whatsoever.

I highly recommend you give it a try - I will definitely re-purchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by rosebud264

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Absolute rubbish. Didn't do anything for my roots and had a strong tinge of red. I bought the Golden Brown shade because it was on sale - big mistake! Should have stuck with Schwarzkopf.
Don't bother with this, there are much better mousse hair colours out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by mtny

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Review for Sublime Mousse 53: Golden Medium Brown

This is the first and last time I will buy this product. I knew something was wrong when it turned out to be the first Loreal Hair Color product that actually stained by face. It took a couple washes for all the color to come off my face. With other Loreal Hair Color products I simply just wipe any excess color on my face with a wet rag and it comes right off.

The color was not as pictured. It turned out a lot darker. There were no gold tones. In direct light my color was more reddish than brown. The concept was great. And the application was a cinch. But as I was applying the foam the color didn't seem like it mixed well within the foam. I applied the foam several times to my roots but after I rinsed the color off, my roots were still showing. The color did not lift the roots at all and gave the rest of hair a very flat dark brown. There were no dimensions to this color other than when it was in direct light where then the color just looked reddish.

Like many others here. This product sucked out all the moisture out of my hair. It took me several days of conditioning to restore moisture back to my hair. It was very much straw like. This was the first Loreal hair color product that didn't condition while it colored. I've been a long time Feria and Superior Preference user and never experienced this problem.

Lastly, the color started fading in 4 days. I subsequently had to recolor my hair to fix all of these problems. I chose to go back to Feria. I guess Loreal got 2 boxes out of me in one week.

Loreal should really take this product off the market to avoid ruining their brand image.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 11:43:00 PM More reviews by sassysapphire

This product was on sale plus I had coupons so I bought two boxes.
It was easy to put together and use, but once I saw the color of my
hair I got concerned. My hair was blonde and I wanted to go lighter,
so I picked # 83 Golden Medium Blonde, but instead of a lighter
shade my hair is now darker and look brownish. I will be taking the
other box back and getting something else that I know for sure works.