December 19, 2014 | 825 users online

Eyeliner - Lancome - Le Stylo Waterproof Long Lasting eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2005 7:52:00 AM More reviews by AlisonLe

I was disappointed in this product, I had previously used clinique, and loved the quality but needed a darker color, so I thought lancome could do that for me, though it is a very nice dark black that I got the quality was a different story. The first few times I used it it stayed on really well, but after a few uses it smudges everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2005 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jsheree1

Truly wears on and on, and looks good the entire time. This is a sort of expensive liner that can be bought new on eBay new for dirt cheap. A definite Holy Grail item in wonderful eye enhancing colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2005 3:07:00 AM More reviews by Weege

This product is okay. It stays looking fresh, if you don't get wet, oily, or sweaty. It seemed to react with the oils in my eyelids, and completey wore off in the middle of my eye. I was shocked that an expensive WATERPROOF eyeliner would do this. I totally agree with the reviewer below that said Revlon colorstay waterproof is much better. It does not budge, and it's cheap! Can't go wrong there.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2005 8:27:00 PM More reviews by sunshines113

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I generally like this Eye liner. It really does stay put all day and is certainly one of the best I've ever tried. But it loses a lippie for price since I'm sure there are other liners (such as the Revlon one mentioned before me) that work just as well if not better for half the cost. I do like the smudger-end feature though and it can create a long-lasting, beautiful smokey eye. Plus I love self-sharpening eyeliners.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2004 1:21:00 PM More reviews by happyworldz

This eyeliner basically sucks for the price you pay. Compare to to Revlon Colorstay eyeliner, this is like a 99cent eyeliner to me. Try Revlon. It lasts forever....put it on in the morning and forget abt it until bed time!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2004 12:19:00 PM More reviews by esamms

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this in cafe for about a year now, and I love it! I just ordered it in several other colors because I find myself reaching for this eyeliner daily, and I want some more color options. The makeup artist who did my makeup for my wedding originally turned me on to this product. She said it was the only eyeliner she had ever found that could last through a whole wedding - tears and all. And she was right! I apply this in the morning, and it is still there at night when I'm washing my face before bed. You can apply it as thin or as thick as you like, varying your look depending on the occasion. It always goes on smoothly, in a straight line, despite the fact that eyeliner application is not my greatest skill. I am in love with this product, my HG! Plus, you can get these on ebay for $10 or less - a steal!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2004 2:43:00 PM More reviews by dcole9410

This product can last all day,if I don't go to the gym anyway. Even then, some of it is still there.
The violet, bronze and prune are great colors. It goes on smooth and stays put. I've used other liners in this type of pencil and I blink my eye and it would be all over my eyelid. Not with this product. I am going to stick with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2004 7:00:00 PM More reviews by alexei9

I have this in Bronze and though I have several other eyeliners, I keep coming back to this one-it does last quite well-I don't have problems w/this smudging if I use on my lower lash line, and it can be applied either thickly, thinly, smudged, not smudged-I think the smudger end is quite good too-very soft so as not to tug too much on delicate eyelid skin-Bronze is great with my hazel eyes, really brings out the gold and green tones in them-I have recently seen a vivid green called Image which I think is limited edition that I think I need to have as well-and Prune is a gorgeous sparkly plummy colour that I think would do well with my coloring also. These are very pricey-but I find that I don't have to use very much and I think I have had my Bronze eyeliner for over 6months now with using it nearly every day and have not run out yet....

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2004 3:04:00 PM More reviews by vermint

I have dry-lined w/shadow for years BC I could NOT find a pencil that stayed put. This one does! I have it Cafe which I like so much I just got another one, plus one in Noir. Love the smudger tip!!! Bought all mine on ebay, don't know if I would buy at full price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2004 10:23:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I offer this as an example of why this product is one of my staples:

I went to the gym and did 40 minutes of high cardio on the treadmill, I then did 40 minutes of yoga/stretching, I finished with 70 minutes of intense strength training. I was sweating like a pig (do pigs sweat?) and there was still a nice discernable line next to my lashes. It wasn't as intense as when I put it on, but it was still a discernable line of color and it kept me from looking like a completely washed out hag.

I give this product only 4 lippies because I think the trade off for staying power is color intensity. The colors are okay, but not really vibrant or remarkable. They seem mostly to provide a nice frame to the eyes, wihout really providing extra pop. Perhaps the great waterproof formulation just means that vibrant, rich color isn't possible.

Nevertheless, I wear this liner almost everyday. It stays put, stays on forever, and doesn't budge until I take it off. I usually don't smudge it. Pretty remarkable

A necessary staple for eyeliner wearers.

continued >>