Remington T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

4.6

on 4/13/2011 8:42:00 AM

My hair does not hold a curl well, AT ALL. I'm not sure what makes this different than a regular clamp curling iron, but when I use this, I can go to the gym, walk around in windy weather, clean, throw my hair in a clip, sleep, etc, and still wake up with curls! My reason for not rating it a 5 is that there is a learning curve with the wand. My hair is really fine and layered and would slip down to the tapered end every time I would try to use it. That resulted in uneven and tighter curls. After about 3 times, I finally figured that I HAD to hold the wand vertical, with the tapered end pointing up, in order to get a good curl that utilized the entire barrel. I don't know if that helps anyone else, but I would urge anyone buying it to be patient and figure out what works for you. The lasting power is phenomenal! I can definitely recommend this! I also wish they would make a larger wand that would make waves.

on 4/11/2011 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I came here looking for reviews on curling irons intending to get a clamp style. I never even considered a wand, but after reading the reviews and saw the price I went out and bought it. I am so glad I did, I am still in shock and how effortlessly it curls and how easy it is to use. My hair is ridiculously hard to curl and this wand did it so easily. I have a ton of thick frizzy hair that normally takes an hour to straighten with a pro iron. I set the stopwatch on my phone and it took me 20 mins and 10 secs to do my whole head!! I'm sure I could even get that down once I get better at it. I only have one complaint and that's that the barrel is too skinny, and makes the curls tighter than I wanted, but next time I just won't hold them on as long. Maybe 4-5 seconds instead of 8-10.

on 4/1/2011 9:50:00 AM

Works amazingly well, as good if not better than higher priced curling irons. I bought at target on sale for $20. I was originally going to target to buy the conair version but saw this for less and it made the same claims so thought I'd give a try. Gets hotter than the conair one too. I have thick, long hair that has a slight wave and can be frizzy at times. This iron gave me awesome shiney, curls that I ran my fingers thru to break up and make a little imperfect. They even look better a day later. Great buy!

on 3/30/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Even though I already have curly hair I really wanted to try this. My curls are not uniform and usually look pretty raggedy no matter what kind or how much product I use. I love that you can get different curls from one appliance. It's pretty fool-proof to use. I like that I can curl my hair at night and it looks just as good in the morning. It has adjustable heat settings and you can lock it once you set it, so you don't accidentally turn it up or down. You also have to hold the power button down to turn it on and off so you can't accidentally shut it off either. It heats up pretty fast which is great. I haven't used the glove that came with it, but there was a warning saying it wouldn't protect you if you directly touched the heated part of the wand. I got this at Target for $24.99. If something were to ever happen and mine broke I wouldn't hesitate to purchase again.

on 3/8/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is so much better than any high end curling iron I've ever owned or used. I'm so impressed! It is super easy to use. The power button requires holding and pressing, so you never accidentally turn it on/off. The digital display makes it super easy to find your perfect temperature (all the way up to over 400 degrees). The barrel is nice and smooth, so you just gently wrap the hair around it, and when you've finished forming the curl, it's super easy to pull away without disrupting the curl you've just made. I can use this to get super skinny tight curls (the tip of the wand is half an inch in diameter, so if you want skinnier curls, wrap the hair around that part) or sexy beachy volumized waves (using the wider end and holder the hair there for less time). I use this so much more than I'd use a curling iron with a clamp because it's so quick and easy. Absolutely foolproof. I'll never go back to a clamp curling iron again. The glove that comes with it isn't the greatest, but I found that once I got used to wrapping the hair, I could just not wear the glove and I've never burnt myself. At $24.99 at Target, you can't beat the price.

on 3/6/2011 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is exactly what i was looking for. It really curls People!!! And get this . . .the curls stay too!!! I did my hair for the night out came home went straight to bed, woke up the next morning and my curls were still there!!! I always wanted to do curls like taylor swift. i wanted waves that created romantic curls with massive volume without the teasing and tons of hair spray. I am able to get tight curls or loose curls it doesn't matter because I control it.
The concept is from the old days when women use to curl their hair with an iron rod heated by the fire. same concept just wrap a portion of hair around the wand and hold it in place with the help of the included glove. Small strand for tight curls, thicker strands for looser curls. And since I control it without the contraints of a clamp the curl can go all the way to my scalp. I have long Hair so usually My curl can only go half way up the strand. the only CON I can think of is that glove it come with, what a joke I know you are not suppose to grap the heated barrel with it but it still needs to have better heat resistance than what it has now.
The price is phonomenial compared to the higher end hair appliances and I found mine at target for 25 bucks!! the temperature. set is digital with only three button not hard at all. MUST GET!!!

on 2/1/2011 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The best hair curler i've used. The next day, I still had curls and that was without any hair spray at all. Really didnt think I would like these so much but they are fab They take a little while to get used to but they are so easy to use when you've got the hang of it- I did burn my hand a couple of times because i refuse to wear the 'heat proof' glove beause is felt strange and my hair kept slipping coz i couldnt get a grip!
Definatly get these if your looking to get a curling wand!

on 1/20/2011 7:43:00 PM

Like a lot of people, I was intrigued with the clipless curling irons and all the rave reviews. I decided to get the Infiniti although the last thing I wanted to do is drop $40 on yet another curling iron (I just bought a nice regular one from Sally's about 6 months ago). But after all the youtube videos and reviews I figured it might be worth it. I knew the Infiniti ran close to $40. I tried about 4 different stores until I found it at Target. It was a nice surprise to find this Remington model right next to it for 1/2 the price. I paid 19.99 for this one. It looks exactly the same as the Infiniti but it's got a black handle and pink pearlized wand. It comes with a glove which is fairly useless. It doesn't protect from the heat all that well and my hair kept slipping out so I do much better without it. But I LOVE this thing!! I threw out all my other curling irons except the other I just bought although I doubt it will get much use. These curls literally last all day! I curled my hair about 9 am and it's now 4:30 and it looks exactly the same as it did this morning. My hair is blonde and fine and usually holds a curl well with a little looseness after an hour or so. It's been a windy day too here today and there's been no loss of curl at all. It is a little difficult to get the hang of at first but after watching a few videos I'm doing pretty good.

I noticed on the Infiniti reviews people were saying they kept accidently turning theirs off. The Remington is designed to press and hold the on/off button to turn it on or off so that shouldn't be an issue. I actually learned this the hard way because I couldn't get mine to come on and I thought maybe it was defective but you got to press and hold the button. It is easy to hit the temperature buttons and change the temp on this one. I do that several times as I'm using it but that's not a big deal. continued >>