July 25, 2014 | 1908 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Remington - T-Studio Pearl Curling Wand

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

Like a lot of people, I was intrigued with the clipless curling irons and all the rave reviews. I decided to get the Infiniti although the last thing I wanted to do is drop $40 on yet another curling iron (I just bought a nice regular one from Sally's about 6 months ago). But after all the youtube videos and reviews I figured it might be worth it. I knew the Infiniti ran close to $40. I tried about 4 different stores until I found it at Target. It was a nice surprise to find this Remington model right next to it for 1/2 the price. I paid 19.99 for this one. It looks exactly the same as the Infiniti but it's got a black handle and pink pearlized wand. It comes with a glove which is fairly useless. It doesn't protect from the heat all that well and my hair kept slipping out so I do much better without it. But I LOVE this thing!! I threw out all my other curling irons except the other I just bought although I doubt it will get much use. These curls literally last all day! I curled my hair about 9 am and it's now 4:30 and it looks exactly the same as it did this morning. My hair is blonde and fine and usually holds a curl well with a little looseness after an hour or so. It's been a windy day too here today and there's been no loss of curl at all. It is a little difficult to get the hang of at first but after watching a few videos I'm doing pretty good.

I noticed on the Infiniti reviews people were saying they kept accidently turning theirs off. The Remington is designed to press and hold the on/off button to turn it on or off so that shouldn't be an issue. I actually learned this the hard way because I couldn't get mine to come on and I thought maybe it was defective but you got to press and hold the button. It is easy to hit the temperature buttons and change the temp on this one. I do that several times as I'm using it but that's not a big deal. continued >>

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No