October 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by mckayyancey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Left my face feeling so clean and extremely soft and smooth; definitely a stellar product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by montinez

I have dry/flakes on my nose & bad black headsheads I would scrub my nose with a loofa while i was in the shower & that helped with the flakes( & lotion). I thought this little guy would work miracles for my face but it didn't. I get a deep clean with it but nothing cetaphil & olay toner can't do. This product is nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by lipcrazy

I own both the Clarisonic and the Olay cleansing system. I should preface this review by stating that I received the Clarisonic as a very generous bridesmaid gift and did not purchase it myself. I only use the Clarisonic on my face 1-2 times/week.

For the face, the Clarisonic definitely leaves me feeling smoother and softer. When I run my hands over my face, the skin feels like glass. The Olay also leaves my skin feeling smooth, but not as smooth as the Clarisonic. I would not lose sleep over the differences in smoothness, especially if you can't justify the differences in cost. Both work well and produce positive results, though through a different mechanism (from my understanding). I think that if I used both products too frequently it would irritate the skin on my face.

For the body, the Olay is the superior product. The Clarisonic is too gentle to provide adequate exfoliation (even with the body brush head). I use the Olay daily on my upper arms (where I have KP) and the outside of my calves (where my skin always feels bumpy for some reason). One complaint, since I'm using the the Olay on a larger surface area I have to replace the batteries very frequently.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this product. Unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch to afford a clarasonic so I have nothing to compare it to. Saying that, I'm still very confident in making the claim this is a GREAT product. I've been using it with my usual Lush facial cleansing soap (fresh farmacy) and have seen wonderful results. My skin looks and feels heaps cleaner, and when I do put makeup on the finish is a million times better than it's ever been. The only thing I've changed lately is using this product so it's well worth the money if you ask me :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:01:00 AM More reviews by Gen12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product it has made such a huge difference in my skin... A couple months after having my daughter I started getting huge bumps all around my face after I started using it I have stopped breaking out and my skin seems pretty clear! I wear a lot less face makeup!!!!! I loove it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 10:00:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm writing this on behalf of my teenage daughter. She has had problematic skin for months–acne, redness, itching, sensitivity, and dryness. We had tried various washes and moisturizers (African Black Soap, St. Ives, Fruitique, Clinique, Neutrogena, Abba, Yes to Tomatoes, etc. . .), and everything either dried her skin, or had no beneficial impact on the acne problem.

She doesn't wear makeup or spend much time on her appearance because she's always busy, so she just lived with red, bumpy, itchy skin. Since I knew I had to find something simple yet effective for her (she'd never stick with a complex system, and her skin seems too sensitive for multiple products), I went and splurged on this brush system.

We saw serious results within one day, no joke. Now a few days later, the breakouts are almost all gone (she'd had pimples, whiteheads, blackheads, and various uneven texture), and her skin texture is much more even and refined. My daughter also says her skin is much less oily during the day and that when she looks in the mirror, she feels like her skin looks good, and it doesn't hurt anymore. It's as though she has different skin.

She uses the cleanser that came in the box, and she says she loves this system. She even praised that it's less messy than trying to wash her face at the sink. Mind you, this is a girl who is not that big into beauty products or treatments.

I had high hopes for this product, based on reviews, and I can sincerely say that it has even exceeded my expectations. My daughter's skin is happier, and she's happier, and we don't have to keep searching for the "right" product anymore.

I think this system works because the brush provides thorough, but gentle, exfoliation. Acne treatment requires increased cell turnover and exfoliation, but so many products, chemical or physical, tear up and dry out the skin so badly that its overall appearance and quality are still poor, even if actual breakouts are reduced. This brush system removes dead cells, oil, and the surface factors that cause acne, but without damaging the structure and moisture of the skin. I would suggest that anyone with acne just try this, even if it seems a little expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by hilla1ee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am writing this as someone who has never owned the Clarisonic system.

I really like this brush. I purchased the system that came in the Christmas set, so it came with a full size exfoliating face wash. To me, the bristles are tough enough to feel like they're scrubbing, but they feel soft and gentle on my skin. I actually like the size of this brush, because its easy to get it around my nose area.

Is it as powerful as the clarisonic? Probably not. Does it provide instant improvement? No. But after a week, my skin felt much softer, blackheads had started to fade, and enlarged black heads were disappearing.

My personal recommendations:

Don't be afraid to try different cleansers with this. I honestly don't like the cleanser it comes with-- I'm already using the brush to exfoliate, and so the texture of the cleanser felt too rough. My favorite cleanser with this is the Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub. It's got salicylic acid in it, and using it with the brush really helps that penetrate my skin.

Purchase a good vitamin E moisturizer for night time. I will say that this system does dry my skin out a little, but the vitamin E moisturizer has almost completely eliminated that problem.

Finally, I typically wash my face most often in the shower, so I was hesitant when I saw the reviews stating this was water resistant and not waterproof. The brush head is easy enough to remove to rinse on its own that there really is no reason for this to become water damaged (i.e., you don't ever have to submerge it in water to clean). I've had mine for 2 months, using it mostly in the shower, and its absolutely fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by loverofgrace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to have these bumps on my cheeks and forehead that weren't pimples but just harmless little bumps that looked nasty. I use this with my St. Ives Apricot Scrub and with my Cetaphil daily facial cleanser, switching off every other night. The bumps have reduced and my blackheads have also reduced along with the dry patches of skin around my nose. Although I think the brush can be softer, overall I would recommend this product. But do not use the cleanser it comes with because it isn't effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by JthmLnr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok, so first of all...I LOVE THIS!! During the winter I get dry, flaking skin and this does not make my skin feel tight at all. Before I got this I exfoliated regularly, but I still didn't see any reduction in the flakiness...but this product has even made a difference in that! I also have fairly sensitive skin and nearly every cleansing product I use leaves my skin very red after I shower. When I purchased this I was pretty sure it was also going to leave my skin irritated, but it's the complete opposite! I use this with my Cetaphil cleanser which has been the perfect combo for my skin. I love Cetaphil, but I find when I use it my skin just doesn't feel as clean as I would like, so this product is the perfect addition. I did try using the cleanser that comes with it and it left my skin very tight and itchy, so if you have dry skin I wouldn't recommend using it. I have found that using it on the higher setting leaves my skin a little tight feeling so I love that it has a lower speed setting. I've only been using this for a few days but I've already noticed a huge difference in my skin! After I use this my skin is actually less red than it usually would be (I have no explanation for that but hey, I'm not complaining!) This makes my skin look more radiant and feel more supple. Ok I'm saving the best for last! Recently I've noticed my pores have been appearing bigger, and this has already helped to tighten them. The part I'm the most excited about is the reduction of my black heads. Unfortunately, I've been struggling with "strawberry nose" since I was an early teen and this is literally the only thing that has worked. I've tried everything out there for black heads, and they'd work for a day or two but then they'd come right back. I've noticed a HUGE reduction of the black heads on my nose as well as on the rest of my face and it just gets better every day! I think this product is definitely worth trying if you don't want to spend the money on a Clarisonic. I can see it being suitable for all skin types. If you have very sensitive skin it may be a bit too harsh, but it doesn't irritate my moderately sensitive skin at all. Oh, one thing I forgot to mention! I like to use it over my lips as a light exfoliation and it works great for that as well. Overall I think this product would be great for anyone who has some skin concerns that you just can't seem to clear up with a normal cleansing routine. I hope this helps you guys! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by ibeforee

Omg I would die without this. I can't believe what a difference this has made on my skin! For reference, i have very oily and acne prone skin. My skin has always been bad. I bought this on a whim and am so happy I did. I never knew how much dirt and makeup was left on my skin at the end of the day! I've been using this for about two months and my skin is in the best shape, I wear less makeup, get little to no blemishes and I will never be without this again!