August 31, 2014 | 1641 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - coal face soap

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The simple fact is, all LUSH products do not work for everybody. I got a sample of this, because I had heard good things about it. It has no scent really. Coal Face is a very strange little soap. When I tried it in the shower, it felt nice on my skin, cleaned it pretty well, but when I got out, boy did I need moisturizer. This just sucked the oil-moisture-whatnot out of my face.
I like this for the summertime when i'm a bit more oily, this helps keep my face pretty clean.
The sample I go was very generous, and as I'm not using it now for my face, I use it as a hand soap, and finish it.
I don't think I will repurchase, simply because this was not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i love this soap!! i have oily skin that appears very meh. this soap isnt cheap and i've found a very effective way of using it. of course i cut into smaller pieces to use. i only wet one side of this soap and glide it over my face. that way, i'm not wasting product by lathering too much between my hands. i rub in and let sit for a few seconds before washing off. my face is left somewhat brighter and appears much clearer. i get a squeaky clean feel without the tight feeling effect. i love the smell, very earthy.. it has some coal pieces which can be either abrasive or exfoliating, pending. i'd def buy this again and highly recommend to anyone with oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 10:56:00 PM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went through my entire (!!!) baby Coal Face when I bought it in the Naked set. I have the oiliest skin known to mankind and this is the only cleanser that leaves me with clean, oil-free skin. I have no problems with tightness simply because I have enough oil to fry chips with, but others might have an issue with it. Recommended only for the very oiliest of skin, like mine. Smells nice. Like the bits of charcoal. Like that it's solid and not in a bottle. Just... a winner. All around.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by wormzscareme

I was super stoked to try this product as my best friend swears by LUSH. However, it didnt end up working for me. After washing with this product, my skin felt squeaky clean and tight. Also, the exfoliating bits in the bar were a bit too harsh on my sensitive skin. It was a little pricy for my budget (I got a $13 block) but the bar lasted over three months. In the end I just used it on my upper arms as it seemed to help with the bumps there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by murflegirl

After running out of my facial cleanser, I was on the market for something that helped keep my oily, acne-prone skin in check. I'd read about the LUSH facial cleansers, but had never tried them. I decided to try this one because it was marketed toward oily, acne-prone skin like mine. I think the price point is pretty awesome because since it's a solid, you can just tell them how much you want to spend. My chunk of it was a little over $7 and it's quite sizable!! The soap is a bit off-putting because it's black. It also smells faintly of black licorice and charcoal. The charcoal is ground up super fine so it's a bit of an exfoliating experience when you wash your face. However, despite it's unassuming looks and funky smell, I found heaven in how squeaky-clean this left my face. Removed all traces of makeup and left me ready for the day! I found that my moisturizer started absorbing a lot more easily into my skin as well!
Great soap for my skin, and will repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The Lush store near me ran out of my favourite cleanser (Fresh Farmacy) so the SA persuaded me to buy this one instead. It's similar in a way that it removes makeup and cleanes my face very thoroughly but it's a bit too drying. I really like the scent, it smells a bit like liquorice to me :) Maybe for very oily skin this facial soap would be a dream but I need something a bit more moisturising.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just picked this up finally and I must say, I am impressed. I absolutely hate the smell of black licorice, but I didn't find the smell so strong, so I didn't mind at all. My skin felt clean and smooth after using it.

I don't find the price too much considering how long it lasts and that it actually WORKS for me. I would repurchase this again without hesitation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by LauraJean396

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap and I must say. I would have never purchased the on my own but was glad to trade for it. I think it's a decent exfoliatir but it did nothing did my oily skin. A lot of people have commented on the inappealing smell. It I didn't mind it so much. It's nothing great but I'd you can get your hands on it in a swap or ad a sample I would say it's worth a shot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by surfergirl_81

Oh how I wanted to love this! I don't live anywhere close to a Lush store, so I finally broke down and ordered it online. While I knew this product had mixed reviews, I was very anxious to try it. I have combo skin and wanted to use this only on my t-zone, which can get a little oily. When it arrived I practically ran to the bathroom with my coveted black soap. Coal face really didn't do that much. I don't like the smell at all. Plus coal face kind of hurts to wash with. It irritated my skin a little the first time I used it. I will use it a few times a week and hope it does a little more. Right now this is not a repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2010 10:25:00 PM More reviews by 1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I first saw and smelled this cleanser soap, I did not care for it. Only because the scent was not my ideal scent. But when I read that it was good for problematic and oily skin, I knew I had to try this out. I had got a little bar from the Naked Kit and have been using it ever since. I only use it during the day time and I use LUSH's Herbalism during the evening.

I gave 1 lippie off because coal face tends to dry out your face.