December 22, 2014 | 1309 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by windchijmes

For reference, I have thick, generally straight, dyed Asian hair. My hair texture is ok, but I have a greasy scalp and dry ends.

I do love this product. It's a very light oil and absorbs quickly into the hair. When my hair is semi-dry, I apply about 1.5 pumps just to the lower half of my hair. It smoothens the ends and prevents tangling, which I'm very prone to. I feel that this product is NOT going to replace your conditioner, but it's a good finish serum to add shine and silkiness.

I took a lippie off for the price, which is, frankly, exorbitant. So although I love this product, I'll try to find cheaper alternatives which work just as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all: the scent. It reminds me of Body shop body butter moringa. Strong, flower scent, disgusting.

The texture: thin, silky, thinner than moroccanoil and it doesn't weigh down like moroccanoil, and I do have thick hair. And a lot of it.

Why is not worth it: it's just another oil promising something. The smell really bothers me and it's just a finishing oil, it doesn't hydrate your hair if you leave it on overnight, i've tried. It doesn't do anything except give a llittle bit of shine and get rid of the frizz.

Not buying again because of the smell. But if can't decide between this and moroccanoil, I would say buy this. Moroccanoil smells a 100 times better, BUT it's too thick and the Elixir has a wonderful texture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2011 2:37:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I probably won't repurchase because there are much cheaper hair serums with silicone out there that can provide the similar sinish to my hair. I like the results and shine that it gives to my hair when I apply post-shower, but I hate to think that it doesn't really help in the long run since it just masks the problem. I now apply 100% John Masters argan oil and finish with Elixir Ultime to add shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by bw1980

I have to say that this product is great. It is a combination of different oils so I thought it may not work well with my hair. Serums usually work well for me but oils usually just sit on my hair and look greasy. I tried it straight out of the box and thought it was just okay(I had other products in my hair and it wasn't freshly washed). When I washed my hair again, I thought I'd try this as the only product in my hair and it turned out amazing! I used 2 pumps after towel drying and 1 more after blow drying and flat ironing. My hair feels thinner (usually big and poofy), softer and has a healthy looking shine to it. It's like the hair absorbs the oil or something. Hard to explain but I am loving the way my hair feels right now!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by emilyos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

An absolute must have! I blow dry and straighten my hair daily and found that recently it has been getting very dry with lots of white tips at the ends. I robbed this off my mum a few weeks ago and I can honestly say I only wish i had discovered it sooner! I shampoo and condition my hair as usual and then apply 2 pumps to my towel dried hair. I can truthfully say my hair has never felt softer, looked healthier or had such a shine to it. A few of my friends have even commented on how healthy it looks. Will definitely reduce my trips to the hair salon.Highly recommend this product to anyone

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by lorilong23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't normally write reviews, but this product is so fabulous that I have to write about it. I have thick, but fine hair that is double-processed (colored and highlighted). I've been trying to find something to condition it, as well as reduce the frizziness. I've tried Moroccan Oil and though I liked it, it doesn't compare to this product. The Kerastase has made my hair super soft, yet not limp and lifeless and incredibly shiny! My hair looks the best it has looked in years. I love the bottle it comes in too. It has a pump so I think it is easier to control the amount you apply than the Moroccan Oil. I use two pumps on my wet hair after shampooing and it doesn't weigh my hair down or make it too soft to style the way other products have. It is pricey, but worth every penny!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by pinalondon

This product makes your hair look nicer and healthier BUT when I saw the ingredients I was shocked. This stuff is mainly made of silicone, which doesn't do a thing for your hair. The silicone will hinder the actually good stuff to even get to your hair. Its a nice product to make the hair look nicer but it won't condition it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by dollface29

Amazing stuff. I do agree that this is better than morrocan oil. I have a mixed grade of hair and this works very well in my hair. Tremendous difference in the health of my hair. It's expensive but lasts and well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by misskat10

Kerastase ELIXIR ULTIME hair oil is the best one I have ever used. I went from using the Moroccan Oil to this and I find it way better. I have hair extensions so I wanted something that would condition my hair but also be gentle for hair extensions, my hair hasn't looked healther ever! The price is a little expensive ($50) but worth the money. The packaging is a plastic bottle so great if you think you'll spill it or knock it over. I like the smell :) Great for split ends or just to make your hair look health and happy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by fionnasaprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

After having long, thick beautiful hair growing up that was in perfect condition for some reason I turned 15 and wanted it shorter so I could style and play with it. I stupidly let hairdressers layer and cut into it and most of them had an obsession with thinning out my thick hair. After quite a few years of curling/blow drying/ straightening I realised my hair was was in disgusting condition compared to what it used to be. I have bought the most expensive conditioners/shampoos/serums/hair mask/ ANYTHING that will restore my hair to its former glory but it was still dry, breaking off and didnt shine anymore. I am a massive fan of Kerastase and when this came out I was reluctant to try it. I thought it would make my hair horribly greasy. THANK GOD I decided to buy it. I cannot stress how amazing this is. It is my dessert island product. I would honestly choose this over anything. It smells wonderful, you really dont need a lot. I work some through my ends and it gets rid of that horribble brittle and dry feeling. I work some through the lengths of my hair too. The shine I have in my hair now is amazing. It feels silky and soft, it looks so so so healthy. I could keep writing the most wonderful things about this product. I know a lot of people complain about the price of this product but it last for ages. To be honest this stuff is so amazing I would pay double the price for it. I have tried every product and brand from Redken, Philip Kinsley, Bumble and Bumble....they have NOTHING on this oil. BUY IT!!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No