October 21, 2014 | 2005 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

Great coverage, great staying power. The color selection is small. No breakouts, it controls oil very well. It can show dry patches, so moisturize well before. It doesnt smudge even in extreme conditions. A little goes a long way, so its not expensive for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I had severe acne and therefore was in need of a full coverage foundation. This did the job well and was very long wearing. Thank God, my acne has cleared up since the first time that I bought it. So now I just use as a concealer since if I use it as a foundation I will get a mask effect. It is very long lasting, but beware it dries fast so blend right away. Therefore, I only recommend this if you need full coverage, not medium coverage. Im also very acne prone and Im happy to report that it didnt break me out. I took one lippie since Estee Lauder needs to expand their color selection, so it may be necessary to mix. I will repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG foundation! Finally, after years of searching, I've found it! I love this foundation so much. It covers impeccably but does not feel heavy or mask-like. I do have very fair, pink-undertoned skin and I was concerned about finding a color match, but I was pleasantly surprised that the shade Light Ivory was a fit for me. It is long-wearing and does not need concealer underneath. As others have stated, be sure to exfoliate and moisturize well before use!

This foundation is a bit pricey at $33.50 USD but I can see this bottle lasting me at least 6-8 months as so little is needed to achieve the flawless, full coverage this foundation delivers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by amandaeclark

After reading comments here I bought this to use a concealer. It has become my HG concealer. It blends seamlessly and looks natural (not cakey) and covers EVERYTHING. I do not use it under eyes, too heavy for that - but everywhere else. I use it in 01 Very Light and use Double Wear Foundation in Ecru.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by emiliagorgeous

I originally bought this product on a whim while i was on vacation in Las Vegas, I was originally looking for a heavy duty concealer, that would cover all my imperfections, so I could go to a night club in Las Vegas, and feel confident and beautiful. Anyway I am very glad I found this product because I don't normally ever even look around at The Estee Lauder counter. I am also very picky about foundations, I have tried many different brands and finishes , and I have not found any other foundations that give coverage like this one, and even if other people say their foundation does, it doesn't. For a beginner, this is a hard foundation to apply correctly. If you don't know a lot of about make up application there are some tips you must know, or less, you are causing extra unneeded trouble, Also I would not recommend this product, to anyone who does not like heavy duty foundation, or have vert dry skin, or who does't have a lot of skin imperfections, because I can tell you right now you you won't like it or you won't need a foundation with that much coverage. Anyway, The tricks I have learned to use with this foundation, is to use a fair amount of primer (moisturizing formula- primetime BM is good or a chafing gel is a cheaper version) as much as you can use without feeling like you are over doing it. Then mix this formula, with a little bit of a lighter coverage foundation, so that is will blend better, you can also adjust the color if you don't think the color you originally bought is right. you can skip this, if you want the maximum coverage but, it will be a harder to apply, and it make you time to get the application right (although this doesn't mean thats its a bad product) Also it is imperative that you use a brush when you apply this foundation, you won't get an even application if you use a brush. I use a 190 mac foundation brush if i want a full coverage finish or I use a stippling/ foundation brush, to get a more natural air brush finish, and use a oil to get this stuff off quickly, though make sure it doesn't have mineral oil in it, and then cleanse with the regular cleanser that you use. Hope this helps!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the ULTIMATE foundation. Its super creamy, covers e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g ur worst skin issues can even imagine & stays put. You wouldn't even need a concealer with this heavy duty yet light feeling natural skin looking miracle. But ofcourse, nothing is perfect & this sadly wasn't for me. It breaks my heart to say that I didn't find my match. I'm NC25, Revlon CS buff, L'oreal TM W2 (u can check my profile for others I've tried) & the SA originally matched me to #5 Tan Medium, which was a good shade darker & has pink undertones. This one would require too much conscious body tanning to look even so I returned it. Next, I picked up #3 Creamy Vanilla, which was a half shade lighter for me but is yellow toned, so matched more closely. Nothing a little bronzer to set couldn't fix, but then I went to an event & took pictures. It was horrible. Super white cast, ghost look. I've used foundations with SPF before but this was the worst. I was horrified. I wish EL had a #4, bcuz I'm convinced it would be perfect for me & I'll wait for that day to come. I can't rate this low , although I can never use it, only bcuz I've never come across something of such quality. I highly recommend it to those that take 5 steps to cover skin imperfections or are willing to see how cheap this product ($33) for the quality of its performance is to give it a try. You won't be disappointed, granted you match 1 out of the 6 shades it comes in. Good luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this. I actually decided to try it through a swap.. at the time it was too dark for me but now since its warmer I have been self tanning and its perfect match. I use creamy tan. It can be hard to blend because it dries fast so work in small sections. Its for sure full coverage. I usually use a regular foundation and then use this to conceal spots the foundation did not. I have used this as foundation before for special occasion or bad skin days and its amazing. I have normal skin, oily t zone and this stays put. It is expensive but I would buy this simply bc I have no problem buying products that deliver.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My heaven-sent. I have very uneven skin tone, lots of acne scars, lots of active acne, large pores. I am ecstatic that I gave this foundation a shot. A tiny pea-sized amount covers my entire face like NO other foundation/concealer has ever done. I apply this foundation with my other heaven-sent, the Beautyblender, and I get flawless skin. This is the only foundation that so perfectly conceals all my dark scars, pitted scars and the large pores, without making my face look caked on. A nice sheer setting powder over it, to control my oily face, and I'm good to go. Yes, it is expensive but considering the tiny amount needed to get perfect coverage, it's pennies. I have terribly sensitive, acne-prone skin and this is the only foundation that doesn't cause violent cystic eruptions. I love this product and pray they never, ever discontinue it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by amazingrahela

so after reading good reviews,and several people recomanded me this foundation,i decided to go and buy it....i bought it from douglas...my first opinion about this foundation is that is very hard to blend in because it dries out really fast,i use shiseido foundation brush to blend,so you have to work with this product very fast...i used only a pea size of this product and it covered my whole face,therefore if this foundation lasts me more than 2 or 3 months ,i will buy it again,otherwise not...so it covers very well,like its name says(it has maximum cover)but i noticed vichy dermablend covers just a litle better than this...it didnt gave me that flawless radiant finish as i wanted....the finish is very very mat but not quite flawless,but i havent used only a concealer with this,i havent use a moisturier or a base,i will try this next time with a moisturizer to see if it's more flawless....so i like the coverage it's high to extreme,i like that it lasts very well,doesnt come off easily,even after having sex,was still there,most of my foundations that i used so far disapeared from my face,so thats a very good thing,i even slept in it and surprize the next day was still on the face,not very flawless as it was at the begining but was still there ,it doesnt transfer easily,it feel very light on the face,and since yesterday it didnt gave me breakouts,it actually made some of my actual breakouts to dry and i could peel them off very easily,thats due to his non-acnegenic feature and this is a major plus...however i didnt liked the fact that it emphasized my pores,it made them more obvious ,but i think thats because i didnt used a moisturizer,i will try next time with a moisturizer and come with an update,and i didnt liked very much the finish,i like vichy dermablend 's finish more...if you read the review i made about vichy dermablend ,you will see why i like estee lauder more...so overrall this product deserves 4 stars..
again,sorry for my english im not a native speaker,i hope you understanded something

UPDATE:
i went back at the shop ,i changed with a lighter tone number 5 creamy tan,after my boy boyfriend said that i look tired ,and with this colour,it fits me more perfectly i look flawless,even my bf said that my skin looks like on the cover ,very nice
im so sappy i will never change it,this is my new HG,and i give it 5 lippies

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very bad acne issues and seems like I've had to do lots of trial and error with different foundations. Through my research I have found that due to the oxygen level that our skin needs to use certain liquid makeup is actually bad for you because you are clogging your pores. I also have ULTRA sensitive skin so it seems like everything I put onto my skin breaks it out, even when I read reviews of people who say theirs doesnt. So after much research I went to trying mineral makeup (supposed to be better), however, due to my ULTRA sensitive skin again I broken out because I'm allergic to bismeth(?) in the mineral makeups.

I went to the store after reading reviews for this product to try it out. Little skeptical cuz I figured I would break out and waste $32 on this little bottle. Now, I will say the bottle is VERY small in my opinion...however, a small pea size dot will cover your whole face! So it lasts long. I used it and it helped cover a lot of my scars (still not completely covered) but mostly. Also, I did NOT break out more when using it....

I will say, word to the wise (as mentioned several times here and I concur)...you probably shouldn't wear this alone because in pictures you will look dead! So I finally found the perfect combination for me and hopefully it works for you!

I use the estee lauder as concealer on all my scars and such and then I use maybelline's mineral makeup (shine free loose powder only) (doesnt contain bismeth or whatever that stuff is to make you break out)---and really affordable! I love my makeup now. And I have tried EVERYTHING! I've tried neutrogena, clinique, maybelline, covergirl, marykay, arbonne, bare minerals, etc.

Hope this gives some of you some hope...I am now starting to do facials so my scarring goes down and then hopefully I wont have to worry about foundation at all!