December 20, 2014 | 1649 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Gabriela99

At the moment I am suffering of big acne breakouts due to polycystic ovaries and as I had a wedding to attend I needed something that would really cover this up. I have tried most commercial high end brands: chanel dior, HR, and was currently using HR sculpting foundation wich I generally like but seemed to get my skin very oily after just an hour or so and didnt give me the coverage I was looking for. EL double wear max. really gives great coverage and refelects light in a way I have never experienced before and make you look great in pictures. HOWEVER, it makes you look very dry due to its super matte effect. Close up it just doesnt look natural and although it gave great coverage I only rated it 3 because it kind of looks like theather makeup. I would use it again though, If i had another emergency like the wedding where I wouldnt want a face full of red spots.
Little goes a veeery long way with this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

To those women who are giving this a bad review because they say it is too "cakey" or whatever, you do NOT understand the plight of a woman who has serious skin problems. For me, it could go on like wall spackle if it allows me to go out in the world and be confident and have a career and a social life. My skin is terrible, and this foundation has saved my life. However, while it covers extremely well it still looks natural and pretty (a dot the size of a pea does my whole face). It is the HOLY GRAIL of foundations for women who have a skin issue which is getting in the way of life. So, if your skin is just fine and you are giving this bad reviews because it is too much for you.....well, that's not fair.

42 out of 42 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2012 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Aaliyaheyes

I really don't get this foundation it looks terrible and cakey and powdery anyway I apply it even if I mix moisterizer or primer in it. I bought it because I really need some full coverage for my acne scars that I got from acne overload while pregnant but it doesnt cover even the lightest redness of them wth? I even think that it makes me look even a bit older as it settles in the lines on the side of my mouth from smiling and I'm only 25 I have absolutely no wrinkles and was shocked when I looked in the mirror after applying and drying and saw these. This foundation also makes my skin itch quiet a bit I'm just so disappointed in it. It also is very limited in colors and the color that I got looks very ashy after it dries eventhough it looks my color upon application. The only thing that I liked about this foundation is its very smooth and easy to blend and doesn't feel heavy or sticky in any way, very light on the skin. I will definitely not be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jen1103

Sadly, i had to send this back. I really wanted a maximum coverage foundation like this for my acne scars and general imperfections. First, the colors. SO WHITE... Or too dark. Makes me look like a ghost in photos. Brought out every pore, line, and dry spot on my face, yet made me shiny and look like I had a mask on. And I still needed concealer - it did not cover any better than my current favorite, Lancome teint idole ultra. Sigh...just not right for me. I have oily skin and breakout-prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by sweetdreamsb1atch

this is hands down the GODFATHER of all high coverage foundations..this fdtn basically covers E-VERY-THING!...if you are a fan of high coverage foundations you don't need to search anymore:this is the one!...just a little description of my skin:acne prone,oily,mega-large pores,acne scars ,and red scab marks because i tend to pick on my pimples(bad habit i know),uneven skin tone,lots of blemishes dark spots and hyperpigmentation in two words disastrous skin..but with this foundation i look flawless and self confident..the coverage is high,manages to cover alot in only one layer..the texture is a bit tick but it doesn't feels heavy on skin,i stay most of the time indoors and it didn't melted on my face ,it successfully managed to keep my face matte all day and has an amazing staying power..it can be a bit drying so if you don't aply a mosturizer underneath it will highlight all your dry patches..the colour from this foundation range are so natural looking not too yellow,not orange,not too pink i would say it has beige undertones maybe slightly cream-coloured..it's expensive but it worths every cent..i'm on my second tube and i will keep buying it until my skin condition gets better but what is more amazing is that this foundation is non acnegenic and that means it won't break you out...highly recommended

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After trying the regular Double Wear and loving it, I decided to try this one just for the hell of it. I am absolutely thrilled! Medium/Deep matches my skin tone very well and it covers everything while still maintainig a natural look. That is, after blending. It does have a tendancy to transfer, so I'm on the hunt for a good setting powder. It lasts foreverrrrr and stays flawless all day. It hasn't caused a single breakout, and the oil control is gorgeous, even in this gross Florida humidity. For any girl looking to cover up dark marks or acne scars without wearing a ton of foundation should try this. It literally takes less than a pea size amount to cover my whole face. Just make sure you moisturize well first, or it can accentuate any dry spots you may have. I love and hate the packagin. I love it because it's a tube and isn't messy but hate that I can't see when I'm running low, but the original Double Wear bottle doesn't really show how much product is left either. Oh well, it's a sacrifice I am willing to make.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

Great coverage, great staying power. The color selection is small. No breakouts, it controls oil very well. It can show dry patches, so moisturize well before. It doesnt smudge even in extreme conditions. A little goes a long way, so its not expensive for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I had severe acne and therefore was in need of a full coverage foundation. This did the job well and was very long wearing. Thank God, my acne has cleared up since the first time that I bought it. So now I just use as a concealer since if I use it as a foundation I will get a mask effect. It is very long lasting, but beware it dries fast so blend right away. Therefore, I only recommend this if you need full coverage, not medium coverage. Im also very acne prone and Im happy to report that it didnt break me out. I took one lippie since Estee Lauder needs to expand their color selection, so it may be necessary to mix. I will repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG foundation! Finally, after years of searching, I've found it! I love this foundation so much. It covers impeccably but does not feel heavy or mask-like. I do have very fair, pink-undertoned skin and I was concerned about finding a color match, but I was pleasantly surprised that the shade Light Ivory was a fit for me. It is long-wearing and does not need concealer underneath. As others have stated, be sure to exfoliate and moisturize well before use!

This foundation is a bit pricey at $33.50 USD but I can see this bottle lasting me at least 6-8 months as so little is needed to achieve the flawless, full coverage this foundation delivers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by amandaeclark

After reading comments here I bought this to use a concealer. It has become my HG concealer. It blends seamlessly and looks natural (not cakey) and covers EVERYTHING. I do not use it under eyes, too heavy for that - but everywhere else. I use it in 01 Very Light and use Double Wear Foundation in Ecru.