August 30, 2014 | 1755 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by amazingrahela

so after reading good reviews,and several people recomanded me this foundation,i decided to go and buy it....i bought it from douglas...my first opinion about this foundation is that is very hard to blend in because it dries out really fast,i use shiseido foundation brush to blend,so you have to work with this product very fast...i used only a pea size of this product and it covered my whole face,therefore if this foundation lasts me more than 2 or 3 months ,i will buy it again,otherwise not...so it covers very well,like its name says(it has maximum cover)but i noticed vichy dermablend covers just a litle better than this...it didnt gave me that flawless radiant finish as i wanted....the finish is very very mat but not quite flawless,but i havent used only a concealer with this,i havent use a moisturier or a base,i will try this next time with a moisturizer to see if it's more flawless....so i like the coverage it's high to extreme,i like that it lasts very well,doesnt come off easily,even after having sex,was still there,most of my foundations that i used so far disapeared from my face,so thats a very good thing,i even slept in it and surprize the next day was still on the face,not very flawless as it was at the begining but was still there ,it doesnt transfer easily,it feel very light on the face,and since yesterday it didnt gave me breakouts,it actually made some of my actual breakouts to dry and i could peel them off very easily,thats due to his non-acnegenic feature and this is a major plus...however i didnt liked the fact that it emphasized my pores,it made them more obvious ,but i think thats because i didnt used a moisturizer,i will try next time with a moisturizer and come with an update,and i didnt liked very much the finish,i like vichy dermablend 's finish more...if you read the review i made about vichy dermablend ,you will see why i like estee lauder more...so overrall this product deserves 4 stars..
again,sorry for my english im not a native speaker,i hope you understanded something

UPDATE:
i went back at the shop ,i changed with a lighter tone number 5 creamy tan,after my boy boyfriend said that i look tired ,and with this colour,it fits me more perfectly i look flawless,even my bf said that my skin looks like on the cover ,very nice
im so sappy i will never change it,this is my new HG,and i give it 5 lippies

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by MoG04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very bad acne issues and seems like I've had to do lots of trial and error with different foundations. Through my research I have found that due to the oxygen level that our skin needs to use certain liquid makeup is actually bad for you because you are clogging your pores. I also have ULTRA sensitive skin so it seems like everything I put onto my skin breaks it out, even when I read reviews of people who say theirs doesnt. So after much research I went to trying mineral makeup (supposed to be better), however, due to my ULTRA sensitive skin again I broken out because I'm allergic to bismeth(?) in the mineral makeups.

I went to the store after reading reviews for this product to try it out. Little skeptical cuz I figured I would break out and waste $32 on this little bottle. Now, I will say the bottle is VERY small in my opinion...however, a small pea size dot will cover your whole face! So it lasts long. I used it and it helped cover a lot of my scars (still not completely covered) but mostly. Also, I did NOT break out more when using it....

I will say, word to the wise (as mentioned several times here and I concur)...you probably shouldn't wear this alone because in pictures you will look dead! So I finally found the perfect combination for me and hopefully it works for you!

I use the estee lauder as concealer on all my scars and such and then I use maybelline's mineral makeup (shine free loose powder only) (doesnt contain bismeth or whatever that stuff is to make you break out)---and really affordable! I love my makeup now. And I have tried EVERYTHING! I've tried neutrogena, clinique, maybelline, covergirl, marykay, arbonne, bare minerals, etc.

Hope this gives some of you some hope...I am now starting to do facials so my scarring goes down and then hopefully I wont have to worry about foundation at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by swimflight

I have acne prone skin and i have already taken Accutne twice, so i have a LOT of discoloration from past zits. When this was first put on my i really didnt like it, looked kinda muddy but redic coverage. Decided to go home and play with it and used my fingers...... what a difference... Why I like it so much is that for the amount of coverage you only have to use very little so I cut the amount of foundation that sits on my face by 75%. You might need a lil concealer( depending on sevarity of discoloration and circles) but for a 1 product application for $35 fantastic. My new HG. Also i have tried cover FX, estee lauder double wear foundation, MUFE,Smashbox, NARS. Also i live in the south where we have high heat and high humidity and it stays put.. no melting :) CON: limited colors i got lucky they had mine

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2012 10:34:00 AM More reviews by anthrotpt

My skin is oily, acne-prone, and I have large pores
What I liked about it:
- Definitely full coverage!
- It is certainly matte and was good at keeping the oil at bay for much of the day.
- It didn't break me out - the most important feature, in my opinion.
What I didn't like:
- I normally put a dab of liquid foundation on each cheek, on my forehead, nose and chin, and then blend it in. You CAN'T do that with this stuff. I tried it, and within seconds it starts to dry, and then it just looked like I had several unblend-able smudges all over my face, it look awful.
- Solution - use a makeup sponge or brush and put a LITTLE bit of this stuff on it, and do your face one little bit at a time. A little goes a long way.
- It covered all my red spots wonderfully, but I would second some of the other reviews and make sure to moisturize first. It doesn't dry cakey, but it definitely feels better if you use moisturizer.
- Give it a second, because as it IS drying, it will seem a little cakey, but it really does NOT dry that way. Once it's dry, it feels nice and light.
- Also, because of my big pores, and this isn't a complaint about this foundation, just about liquid foundations in general, it rarely hides them, and sometimes its seems to accentuate them. To help with that, I use a pore-minimizer first, then the foundation, and then use mineral powder over the top.
- Mineral powder will also remove the cakey feel, if it's there for you.
I tried this to see if I'd like it for my wedding makeup, compared to Bare Minerals, and I like the coverage better and the matte better, but it doesn't feel as light as bare minerals. I'll keep experimenting. Also, EL is quite pricey for me (so is Bare Minerals though), but with my skin, I gotta try the pricey stuff :(

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2012 2:54:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

DRY SKIN LADIES BEWARE!
Warning to ALL skin types: Exfoliate, then MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE prior to application.
A little about me: Iím NC20ish, RevlonCS in Buff, borrowed this from my sister in 01 Creamy Ivory.

I had just done my morning face regime (Proactiv & Olay Daily Facial lotion) and applied this over a primer but still saw flakes. This is intense full coverage. By that I mean that I fully believe this is stage makeup. I have pretty great skin considering Iíve got a little acne and redness. I have very small pores, and tend to get a little oily by mid-day so I donít have a lot of dryness in my skin. Somehow, after applying a very small amount of this (about three drops covered my whole face) I suddenly looked as though I had aging dry skin. It definitely has absolute full coverage but this stuff transfers like a mofo, pulls yellow, and looks incredibly unnatural & dull. I spent about an hour trying to blend it out and eventually just covered my face in Cetaphil. After massaging that in I finally got a somewhat natural look and the kicker is that my face still feels dry. I imagine this is an oily girlís dream but itís certainly not mine.

If youíre looking for a cheap way to use your favorite moisturizer to create a TM, this is the product Iíd purchase as itíll last forever. Cut a tiny drop of this into your moisturizer and voila! Instant TM with crazy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by earthymoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as a concealer. It is my HG concealer. I've used for YEARS.
It covers very well. It dries quickly and stays in place all day. It's amazing. This really isn't intended as an all over foundation. It's designed to cover major scars and cover tattoos.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:52:00 AM More reviews by AimeeStrawberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was an awful foundation for me! It probably didn't help that when the lady "matched" the makeup to my skin she selected a very dark shade despite me being fair skinned! The fact it was such a heavy coverage only meant the tide marks were all the more obvious. I just found this foundation to be far, far too heavy but in a bad way. It looked cakey and was impossible to blend. It didn't cover all that well because it was so tricky to blend that it ended up sitting on my skin in a very patchy way.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by purplecupcakes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product because it covered up the redness from my acne but it makes me look so oily in a matter of minutes. I've tried using a primer and everything but nothing helps. I have pretty dry skin and other foundations did not make my face look oily as this foundation has.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by naziaahmed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

(shade- 09 deep) It's a highly pigmented foundation, that's for sure! Can cover anything. I brought it for my terrible acne skin..and it did cover everything! However..the colour that was matched for me was way to dark..and in the UK..once we've brought something, we can't go back and swap for another colour as I have heard you can in the US. If I was to repurchase it again, I would buy a shade that is much lighter. It does feel quite heavy on the skin but as they say, less is more with this foundation. I haven't used the foundation much due to the colour but I may have to mix it with a much lighter foundation to make the colour more suitable for my skin tone. Can't really fault the packaging, they did a good job on that :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by tuffaluffskee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really like this foundation. I used to have quite a bit of acne and this covered it beautifully. Now that my acne is gone I still have a lot of redness and uneven skin tone. This covers that extremely well. It IS a bit hard to spread, and dries quickly but that's not so big of a drawback that I wouldn't repurchase. I have very fair skin that's difficult to find a match for, and this isn't too dark or orange for me. Overall if you have something to hide or cover, this is your best bet.