November 27, 2014 | 1408 users online

Foundations - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup For Face & Body

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by jen1103

Sadly, i had to send this back. I really wanted a maximum coverage foundation like this for my acne scars and general imperfections. First, the colors. SO WHITE... Or too dark. Makes me look like a ghost in photos. Brought out every pore, line, and dry spot on my face, yet made me shiny and look like I had a mask on. And I still needed concealer - it did not cover any better than my current favorite, Lancome teint idole ultra. Sigh...just not right for me. I have oily skin and breakout-prone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 9:06:00 AM More reviews by sweetdreamsb1atch

this is hands down the GODFATHER of all high coverage foundations..this fdtn basically covers E-VERY-THING!...if you are a fan of high coverage foundations you don't need to search anymore:this is the one!...just a little description of my skin:acne prone,oily,mega-large pores,acne scars ,and red scab marks because i tend to pick on my pimples(bad habit i know),uneven skin tone,lots of blemishes dark spots and hyperpigmentation in two words disastrous skin..but with this foundation i look flawless and self confident..the coverage is high,manages to cover alot in only one layer..the texture is a bit tick but it doesn't feels heavy on skin,i stay most of the time indoors and it didn't melted on my face ,it successfully managed to keep my face matte all day and has an amazing staying power..it can be a bit drying so if you don't aply a mosturizer underneath it will highlight all your dry patches..the colour from this foundation range are so natural looking not too yellow,not orange,not too pink i would say it has beige undertones maybe slightly cream-coloured..it's expensive but it worths every cent..i'm on my second tube and i will keep buying it until my skin condition gets better but what is more amazing is that this foundation is non acnegenic and that means it won't break you out...highly recommended

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

After trying the regular Double Wear and loving it, I decided to try this one just for the hell of it. I am absolutely thrilled! Medium/Deep matches my skin tone very well and it covers everything while still maintainig a natural look. That is, after blending. It does have a tendancy to transfer, so I'm on the hunt for a good setting powder. It lasts foreverrrrr and stays flawless all day. It hasn't caused a single breakout, and the oil control is gorgeous, even in this gross Florida humidity. For any girl looking to cover up dark marks or acne scars without wearing a ton of foundation should try this. It literally takes less than a pea size amount to cover my whole face. Just make sure you moisturize well first, or it can accentuate any dry spots you may have. I love and hate the packagin. I love it because it's a tube and isn't messy but hate that I can't see when I'm running low, but the original Double Wear bottle doesn't really show how much product is left either. Oh well, it's a sacrifice I am willing to make.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Ronnie_Aran

Great coverage, great staying power. The color selection is small. No breakouts, it controls oil very well. It can show dry patches, so moisturize well before. It doesnt smudge even in extreme conditions. A little goes a long way, so its not expensive for what you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:39:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this when I had severe acne and therefore was in need of a full coverage foundation. This did the job well and was very long wearing. Thank God, my acne has cleared up since the first time that I bought it. So now I just use as a concealer since if I use it as a foundation I will get a mask effect. It is very long lasting, but beware it dries fast so blend right away. Therefore, I only recommend this if you need full coverage, not medium coverage. Im also very acne prone and Im happy to report that it didnt break me out. I took one lippie since Estee Lauder needs to expand their color selection, so it may be necessary to mix. I will repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My HG foundation! Finally, after years of searching, I've found it! I love this foundation so much. It covers impeccably but does not feel heavy or mask-like. I do have very fair, pink-undertoned skin and I was concerned about finding a color match, but I was pleasantly surprised that the shade Light Ivory was a fit for me. It is long-wearing and does not need concealer underneath. As others have stated, be sure to exfoliate and moisturize well before use!

This foundation is a bit pricey at $33.50 USD but I can see this bottle lasting me at least 6-8 months as so little is needed to achieve the flawless, full coverage this foundation delivers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by amandaeclark

After reading comments here I bought this to use a concealer. It has become my HG concealer. It blends seamlessly and looks natural (not cakey) and covers EVERYTHING. I do not use it under eyes, too heavy for that - but everywhere else. I use it in 01 Very Light and use Double Wear Foundation in Ecru.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by emiliagorgeous

I originally bought this product on a whim while i was on vacation in Las Vegas, I was originally looking for a heavy duty concealer, that would cover all my imperfections, so I could go to a night club in Las Vegas, and feel confident and beautiful. Anyway I am very glad I found this product because I don't normally ever even look around at The Estee Lauder counter. I am also very picky about foundations, I have tried many different brands and finishes , and I have not found any other foundations that give coverage like this one, and even if other people say their foundation does, it doesn't. For a beginner, this is a hard foundation to apply correctly. If you don't know a lot of about make up application there are some tips you must know, or less, you are causing extra unneeded trouble, Also I would not recommend this product, to anyone who does not like heavy duty foundation, or have vert dry skin, or who does't have a lot of skin imperfections, because I can tell you right now you you won't like it or you won't need a foundation with that much coverage. Anyway, The tricks I have learned to use with this foundation, is to use a fair amount of primer (moisturizing formula- primetime BM is good or a chafing gel is a cheaper version) as much as you can use without feeling like you are over doing it. Then mix this formula, with a little bit of a lighter coverage foundation, so that is will blend better, you can also adjust the color if you don't think the color you originally bought is right. you can skip this, if you want the maximum coverage but, it will be a harder to apply, and it make you time to get the application right (although this doesn't mean thats its a bad product) Also it is imperative that you use a brush when you apply this foundation, you won't get an even application if you use a brush. I use a 190 mac foundation brush if i want a full coverage finish or I use a stippling/ foundation brush, to get a more natural air brush finish, and use a oil to get this stuff off quickly, though make sure it doesn't have mineral oil in it, and then cleanse with the regular cleanser that you use. Hope this helps!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2012 3:33:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the ULTIMATE foundation. Its super creamy, covers e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g ur worst skin issues can even imagine & stays put. You wouldn't even need a concealer with this heavy duty yet light feeling natural skin looking miracle. But ofcourse, nothing is perfect & this sadly wasn't for me. It breaks my heart to say that I didn't find my match. I'm NC25, Revlon CS buff, L'oreal TM W2 (u can check my profile for others I've tried) & the SA originally matched me to #5 Tan Medium, which was a good shade darker & has pink undertones. This one would require too much conscious body tanning to look even so I returned it. Next, I picked up #3 Creamy Vanilla, which was a half shade lighter for me but is yellow toned, so matched more closely. Nothing a little bronzer to set couldn't fix, but then I went to an event & took pictures. It was horrible. Super white cast, ghost look. I've used foundations with SPF before but this was the worst. I was horrified. I wish EL had a #4, bcuz I'm convinced it would be perfect for me & I'll wait for that day to come. I can't rate this low , although I can never use it, only bcuz I've never come across something of such quality. I highly recommend it to those that take 5 steps to cover skin imperfections or are willing to see how cheap this product ($33) for the quality of its performance is to give it a try. You won't be disappointed, granted you match 1 out of the 6 shades it comes in. Good luck.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Makeupismyaddiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this. I actually decided to try it through a swap.. at the time it was too dark for me but now since its warmer I have been self tanning and its perfect match. I use creamy tan. It can be hard to blend because it dries fast so work in small sections. Its for sure full coverage. I usually use a regular foundation and then use this to conceal spots the foundation did not. I have used this as foundation before for special occasion or bad skin days and its amazing. I have normal skin, oily t zone and this stays put. It is expensive but I would buy this simply bc I have no problem buying products that deliver.