April 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 3:10:00 PM More reviews by cjgrrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ive read so many reviews and watched them on youtube, people generally dislike this product. I freakin love it. Some people complained that it oxidized on them and changed color but I didn't experience that. Granted I use it in combo with a liquid foundation (photo ready) but still, I adore this stuff. I have used it alone but I like coverage because I'm older....regardless I think this stuff is fab. When i first bought it I did almost return it because i dislike the smell but I don't notice it now. So ya, call me weird but I love how it goes on, I love the way it feels, I love how smooth and flawless it makes me look. I used a stippling brush to apply it and I blend like a maniac but ya, will mos def buy again. xo

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by eoconnor9484

I really liked the way it felt going on, but it made my chin break out in a crazy way (I have pretty pimple-free skin - so for me to break out means something is terribly wrong). I have to say it didn't surprise me, who knows what kinds of chemicals it takes to make it feel so funky going on. Now I use it to set the concealer in my eye wrinkles... which it does OK at, I guess.

The included brush is a classy touch. :)

Yes, there are some sparkles in it. I didn't really notice them much, though, and anyway I prefer for my face not to look chalky and overly matte.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Beany

I was perfectly happy with the ColorStay Mineral makeup- it was easy to apply, gave great coverage, absorbed shine.... a perfect powder foundation. Of course, because whenever i love a makeup product, it gets discontinued. But for this Aqua crapola? I have no words to describe my displeasure with this makeup. It cakes, it coagulates, it turns orangey, and my nose pores have never looked bigger. I'm sad. Please, please Revlon, bring back the original.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

revlon colorstay aqua minerals is a foundation/powder that i bought,to create a luminous finish for a bronzy/glowy look! I use this with a bronzer and it is exactly the look that i want with this product! It is luminous,fresh,little coverage but still brings a dewy finish. I have it in medium.i use the retractable kabuki brush by ecotools,it blends the product nicely.love it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There are a few good things that I like about this powder but there are just as many bad things about it too which makes it frustrating....

The first thing I noticed about this is its extremely shimmery VERY shimmery I have no idea why all of the revlon makeup always has to have so much damn shimmer in it?? Whats the point? Who wants that all over your face??!?!

Well anyways, I like the packaging and the brush is pretty nice too, the powder IS mineral so thats a plus. No fragrance, doesnt clog pores.

But since it has shimmer in it I cant use it like a foundation which is what I wanted... so I will just be using it over top my other makeup as a highlighter for now... revlon needs to stop putting glitter in their makeup its kind of ridiculous. This would be a five without glitter. Oh well!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by jennapink8

I used to use the original formula of this makeup and loved it. I went back and forth with some foundations and came back to this one only to find that they had changed it entirely. I didn't think the change would be significant enough for me not to like it, but it was. I got 2 because it was buy one get one half off and had to return it because it made me breakout. Not only that, but it did not stay on well at all. It felt greasy to the touch and does in fact have 'shiny particles' in it like other reviews say. I wouldn't call it glitter, but if you stay away from any 'luminous' foundation, I would not get this. The coverage is minimal and application feels a bit strange, almost like you're brushing cold water on your face. The only thing I liked was that the colors didn't change and it was easy to find my shade. Overall, not a good change on Revlon's part. The Colorstay oily/combination liquid foundation is a much better bet!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked the old Colorstay mineral foundation, and was hoping to like this one too...but I don't. First off, the feeling of putting a cold, wet brush on your face is just....yucky. Sort of ruins the whole point of using a dry foundation to begin with, no? As for coverage, it didn't blend or cover as nicely as the old formula. I also suspect I am getting some clogged pores, but that could be from other new products I have tried recently, so I won't blame Revlon just yet. But, yeah, don't like the new Aqua Colorstay at all - and Lord knows what chemical is causing the "wet" feeling....

Oh well, I got it, and I will use it up till it's gone...but I won't enjoy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by StrikingSTYLES

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a Revlon lover so imagine my surprise when I found out how much I disliked this product. I've use Prescriptive's mineral powder which is amazing. It also has that cool watery feeling so I thought...hmm..same thing but cheaper. Not so much. First of all the packaging sucks, the holes are too big so too much product comes out at one time. And it takes a genious to figure out how to get to the brush. I used 3 different brushes trying to apply this. The result is the same. It sticks to certain spots of your face so you get a nice uneven finish. I also had a problem with the color. I got Deep. It looked like I had red mud clay on my face. I tried to put it over a foundation to set it. Still funky looking and still sticking to random places. I've tried Colorstay, Photoready (not the compact), and Custom Creations. Love them all. Skip the mineral and try any of these.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkash1283

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wish I could give this product a perfect review. I love the coverage of this, especially because it does not need a foundation. It evened out my skin nicely and I felt it covered blemishes decently. I didn't notice it being super shimmery as other reviewers mentioned. The "wet" feeling when you put it on takes a little getting used to. I personally did not care for the brush is comes with because it wouldn't stay extended for me, so I just used another brush I had and it worked fine that way.
Here's the "but" though.... I bought this because I've been having some problems completely clearing up my adult acne (on my nose and chin), and was told to try mineral makeup instead of my normal foundation and loose powder. My forehead is not normally an area I breakout, but after 2 weeks of using this product my forehead is COVERED in tiny little acne bumps. It looks horrible! If it wasn't for the breaking out I would be in love with this product, but clearly that's not gonna work out for me ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2011 12:36:00 AM More reviews by shae10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's really bothering me how everyone is giving this bad reviews, it's fantastic. The coverage can be full, i use a kabuki brush and do one light layer all over then do multiple layers in the areas i'm breaking out. Trust me, i have horrible acne scars and this covers all of it. If i need to after i use boi-ing concealer from benefit and set it with blot powder from mac. It keeps my super oily skin matte all day and doesn't break me out if i get all of it off at night. The sparkles aren't noticeable at all, my skin just looks bright and smooth. I think what really makes this work is the mac blot powder as well, it gives extra coverage, blends the concealer and keeps the foundation on all day.