April 17, 2014 | 1823 users online

Lips - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2009 10:03:00 PM More reviews by efrey14

I gave this four lippies only b/c the color might work on *some* skin tones. What those skin tones are, I'm not sure. On my tanned skin, it looked like I was a barbie. I thought it looked cool on me in the store, then when I got outside I was disturbed. It was TOO purplish pink on me - and like I said, I was way 80's looking. Had to return. Nice lustre formula, as always, with MAC. But the COLOR! Nast on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by pandasforeva123

I love the colour, it's a cute baby pink which also reminds me of a barbie doll. The staying power is pretty good, better than the average drugstore obviously. It is a little drying though. However, the price was pretty expensive, $18 which includes tax. I'm probably not going to purchase any more lipsticks from Mac, not because of the product, but because of the price. Overall good product if you're willing to splurge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 5:47:00 AM More reviews by scarattina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a cute lavender-pink color that is wearable from day into night. Everytime I put it on I do see a lavender-ish color though for some reason. It's a little sheer but has a nice electric pigment and looks lighter on lips than in the tube. The mua at the counter said it is her favorite MAC lipstick color.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 8:54:00 AM More reviews by micipici

first i didnt like it,but now i relly enjoy wearing it
its medium pink its not to light,not to dark,id say its bluebased.
but very wearable

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by akhan21

this is the pink i have been looking for!
2 much and i look like a clown though but overall a VERY pretty pink

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by fidigum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore the texture of this lipstick. The color is so friggin cute. It works really well with my skin tone, just wished the color lasted more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by knics33

I am in love with this lipstick- it is the perfect "barbie pink" without being too over the top. As with all MAC lipsticks, the texture is smooth and the lipstick glides on very easily. You can build color depending on how much you put on which is very nice. I have only owned this for a few days but is has become my HG pink lipstick. Also, lovelorn works VERY nicely with lipgloss over it- I usually reach for a nude based gloss (Stila Amande lip balm looks AWESOME over it). A+

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 11:22:00 PM More reviews by kja0432

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

some people may be put off by other reviews when they say that this l/s creates the perfect "playboy" look... (cause i was)but i dont agree, i guess with this l/s you can certainly get that playboy look depending on your eye makeup, but with just simple natural eye makeup, lovelorn is such a pretty pinkie colour that just emphasizes the fun side of you

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Tartini

This is pretty much my HG lipstick... after I ran out of MAC Bunny Pink and refused to shell out on Ebay the extortionate prices being requested. Lovelorn does the exact same job as Bunny Pink for me. A beautiful, light pink (definitely not too light though as I'm very pale... this doesn't wash me out). My friend likens it to a Barbie pink. With some Guerlain Rose Chamallow bubble blush on my cheeks and some mascara (sometimes a little Teddy kohl, depending how I feel...) and I look girly and pretty and definitely not very made-up.
I always use this with some lipbalm on my lips to prevent drying, but I do that with every lipstick and lipgloss anyway.
I go through one Lovelorn every few months, that's how often I use it (I usually have one lipstick for years, so it's testament to how much I adore it). I've had lots of comments and people asking the name of my lipstick, which is always nice. The only problem is I love it so much that for months I got stuck in a lipstick rut and only ever wore Lovelorn, no matter what the situation - to work, at the weekend, in a bar or club... so recently I forced mself to branch out and got Laura Merciers Mulberry lipstain.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by ctall119

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A perfect "playful" pink. Applies sheer but is buildable with continued application. Complimenta NARS Orgasm blush perfectly!