October 20, 2014 | 1563 users online

Blush - NARS - Sex Appeal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 3:58:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful ..... however, you have to be a PPP to pull this off ....... I am a NW10 and this is the perfect pink on me (this is a peachy-pink but shows up pink on me.) I absolutely love pale pink blush, however, have always found a hard time finding the right one (my previous HG was Armani 01 which sadly was discontinued.) I have tried Benefit's Dandelion which pulled more warm peach/pink on me and recently was able to score Rock and Republic's Spank, which is a bit dark pink on me (Tease looks better on my cool coloring,) however I was drawn to Sex Appeal and absolutely love it ....... with my pale coloring it shows up as a beautiful matte light pink and I add a bit of highlighter on my cheekbone and it works perfectly for me ....... I was so impressed with this blush, that today I purchased a second with my VIB Sephora 20% off ....... again you have to be very pale to pull Sex Appeal off, however, I highly recommend this blush to anyone especially in the NW10 - NW15 range.

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by karmabum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I went to Sephora to try this out after seeing iffy reviews. I am around an NC 20 or Sand in YSL. This is subtle and does pull more peachy on me but it does show up. I do use more than I typically would with a Nars blush but it is a pretty glow, not a bright pop of color. Dandelion also shows up in a similar intensity on me but is more pink. It is not for more medium/darker skinned people b/c it would either be chalky or just not show. Not sure it is worth the money because most Nars blushes last a long time so the high price tag is ok but with this one you just need to use more than a single tap to make it show. I am not a fan of super bright blushes and this is 1 that will not end up making me look sunburnt or feverish. I also recommend Deep Throat by Nars if you are around NC20.
Dropped this 1 lippie for price vs color payoff. A good dupe is Revlon Perfectly Peach blush.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is super for very pale skintones. I would not recommend this for anyone over, say, NC25. I wear Alabaster in Bobbi Brown (~NC15 in MAC, Chantecaille Fresh), and this blush is just a lovely, subtle, everyday blush. The reviews about it being very subtle are true, but for me that is part of the appeal. You are never going to get an overdone look with this blush. The paradox with this blush is that it's hard to really see a difference up close as you're applying it, but step away from the mirror a bit and you will notice a definite glowiness to your cheeks after applying.

The one bad thing about Sex Appeal is that is a bit too soft and deposits a lot on your brush if you don't use a very light touch. I just tap off the excess. Also, not specific to this blush, but the NARS rubberized packaging picks up a lot of debris and is not my favorite blush packaging.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by splattergirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I tried this in store today, I am nw10-15 and it shows on my hand nice and subtle, just the right intensity I want a blush to be. I have had problems with rosacea my whole life and can't imagine wearing a bright blush so this is second one, after nico, that I am getting from Nars because it's impossible to overdo and I am not good at blending.
I have to say I don't get it why darker skinned people *have* to give it negative reviews, I mean, not everything is meant for everyone, right, like, I wouldn't review or buy a bronzer or a very bright blush because thats just not the thing for me and I don't think it's offensive that a brand makes a blush meant for us fair skinned ladies once in a few years?

I am definately buying as soon as I gather funds, and oh, the color is something betweek pink and peachy, but more towards light peachy on me, not a blush like gazillion others. And thankfully without shimmer or glitter.
HTH!

49 out of 52 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Kavitacaviezel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Reminds me of one of those lighter boxed powders from Benefit, like Dandelion or Georgia Peach. Super light.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by apkool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nc15 and I love love love this blush! I'm super fair and don't like the looks of bright blush on me. This is a very subtle peachy pink that leans more to the pink side. I apply it with my 187 from MAC and it's almost impossible to overdo and it always leaves such a pretty natural flush. Like others have said, if your anything over an NC25 or even 20 it probably won't show up on you, but for those of you whole are pale like me and looking for an easy everyday blush I'd def recommend!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Say NO to Sex Appeal!! This pale pink (NOT peach) blush is INVISIBLE. Seriously SERIOUSLY!!! In the pan, this looks like my dream blush. I love soft pale pink colors. But after a heavy handed swatch; and another; and another --- I discovered that this blush has no pigment. No chalkyness, nothing. It's just invisible.

Save your money!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by lunadestella

I went to Sephora today to see if they had the new Holiday Nars collection and was shocked to see it was finally there! The Sex Appeal blush looks so amazing in the pan. Definitely had a soft, warm peach vibe going on and I couldn't wait to test it out as soon as I saw it. I'm pretty white, probably close to porcelain, and so I thought, "Hey, this blush is bound to work on me!"

I tried it on.

One word: Invis-o-blush

Followed by: Waste-o-money

20 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

It's described as soft peach but I would call it light pink. It's pink. There is no orange in it. It's pink. Pink.

NC30 here. On me it seems like a spring kind of shade. Innocent and fresh-faced. It makes me look like a doll. If that's your thing. Not really mine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by eternalstarangel

Sex appeal is a very very light blush reminiscent of MAC's beauty powders. I doubt will show up on most people without a lot of layering. That said, I can get it to show up on me and i'm currently around nc 25 or so, but even then it's very very light. I think anyone darker than NC25 will not be able to get this to show up. I've heard some people saying that this is meant as a highlighter, but seeing as this is a matte blush, I'm really not sure this would work as a highlighter at all. However, if you're one of those people who is lighter than nc/nw 15 and like extremely subtle blushes, you might like this

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No