NARS Sex Appeal

4.2

on 11/26/2010 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I was VERY skeptical when I first ordered this, but I haven't bought a new NARS blush in a very long time.

Right now, at the end of November, I'm an NC30 / MUFE HD 127-8ish (i have and used all 3 recently), and I can not even begin to go on about how much I adore this blush!!!!

Firstly, it doesn't show up for nothing on the apples of my cheeks as they are naturally pigmented. Fail. Honestly, I can't see it showing up on anyone higher than a 20.

BUT using as a contour (which I think is actually recommended on the NARS (european, at least) website)... OMG! I don't know how I've gone 35 years without this color!

If you know how to contour correctly, this is A-MA-ZING!!!!!! and an absolute MUST HAVE!!!!

on 11/25/2010 8:02:00 PM

This is a gorgeous colour, both in the pan and on my NC15 face. I dont find I need to layer it heaps to get it to show up, but it does have that 'no-blush' kinda look when you are finished. I hate that Nars blushes are so expensive (in Aus, they are $72 retail) and that you seem to get so little. BUT that being said, this is a beautiful and unique colour and I love it. I usually dont like Nars blushes (hate Orgasm) but this is a winner. Highly recommended

on 11/25/2010 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I am a collector of Nars blushes, and the only Nars blush that I ever hated was Super Orgasm. I love the name of Nars blush, Sex Appeal, always a conversation starter!
To me Sex Appeal is a light Pinky Peach colour with a slight sheen, just for that light, healthy flush.
Now I'm an NC30 in terms of foundation, therefore my skin tone is not that light and I find this blush workable. The colour shows up great on my cheeks. I usually wear this on a day when i have minimal makeup, cause this colour is not heavy it will only show up on your face like a slight sheen or flush, which looks absolutely natural.
I find this colour better to use then Douceur, Douceur has a more matte brown undertone, that it sort of just blends away into my skin tone, where as this is a lot more pinky undertone that would actually make it stand out.

on 11/22/2010 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

TOTALLY WORTH IT. I'm NC/NW20 and this gives me the most gorgeous glow without looking like I have blush on. The texture is fantastic, so soft and smooth and easy to blend. The only real gripe is the price but really for such a gorgeous finish it's worth every penny.

on 11/15/2010 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I'm a PPP (nc/nw 20) and horribly allergic to Benefit's Dandelion (or the vast majority of their box of powders)....I LOVE THIS! Squee! This is a brightening blush for me. It's not too cool, it's not too warm. I have paired this up with my NARS volga matte l/s and a little bronzer...and I'm loving it. This color does require more of a heavy hand to deposit the color. I don't mind. I am enjoying this product and I appreciate the natural glow and natural blush that this gives to my skin. Every once in a while it's nice to have a light flush. It does wear well and doesn't fade. I like applying it and stepping back from the mirror to see the pretty glow this creates for my skin. I appreciate it, however I can see how this product would not work for many people. I will repurchase, eventually.

on 11/11/2010 3:58:00 PM

Beautiful ..... however, you have to be a PPP to pull this off ....... I am a NW10 and this is the perfect pink on me (this is a peachy-pink but shows up pink on me.) I absolutely love pale pink blush, however, have always found a hard time finding the right one (my previous HG was Armani 01 which sadly was discontinued.) I have tried Benefit's Dandelion which pulled more warm peach/pink on me and recently was able to score Rock and Republic's Spank, which is a bit dark pink on me (Tease looks better on my cool coloring,) however I was drawn to Sex Appeal and absolutely love it ....... with my pale coloring it shows up as a beautiful matte light pink and I add a bit of highlighter on my cheekbone and it works perfectly for me ....... I was so impressed with this blush, that today I purchased a second with my VIB Sephora 20% off ....... again you have to be very pale to pull Sex Appeal off, however, I highly recommend this blush to anyone especially in the NW10 - NW15 range.

on 11/10/2010 7:57:00 PM

I went to Sephora to try this out after seeing iffy reviews. I am around an NC 20 or Sand in YSL. This is subtle and does pull more peachy on me but it does show up. I do use more than I typically would with a Nars blush but it is a pretty glow, not a bright pop of color. Dandelion also shows up in a similar intensity on me but is more pink. It is not for more medium/darker skinned people b/c it would either be chalky or just not show. Not sure it is worth the money because most Nars blushes last a long time so the high price tag is ok but with this one you just need to use more than a single tap to make it show. I am not a fan of super bright blushes and this is 1 that will not end up making me look sunburnt or feverish. I also recommend Deep Throat by Nars if you are around NC20.
Dropped this 1 lippie for price vs color payoff. A good dupe is Revlon Perfectly Peach blush.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This blush is super for very pale skintones. I would not recommend this for anyone over, say, NC25. I wear Alabaster in Bobbi Brown (~NC15 in MAC, Chantecaille Fresh), and this blush is just a lovely, subtle, everyday blush. The reviews about it being very subtle are true, but for me that is part of the appeal. You are never going to get an overdone look with this blush. The paradox with this blush is that it's hard to really see a difference up close as you're applying it, but step away from the mirror a bit and you will notice a definite glowiness to your cheeks after applying.

The one bad thing about Sex Appeal is that is a bit too soft and deposits a lot on your brush if you don't use a very light touch. I just tap off the excess. Also, not specific to this blush, but the NARS rubberized packaging picks up a lot of debris and is not my favorite blush packaging.

on 11/10/2010 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I tried this in store today, I am nw10-15 and it shows on my hand nice and subtle, just the right intensity I want a blush to be. I have had problems with rosacea my whole life and can't imagine wearing a bright blush so this is second one, after nico, that I am getting from Nars because it's impossible to overdo and I am not good at blending.
I have to say I don't get it why darker skinned people *have* to give it negative reviews, I mean, not everything is meant for everyone, right, like, I wouldn't review or buy a bronzer or a very bright blush because thats just not the thing for me and I don't think it's offensive that a brand makes a blush meant for us fair skinned ladies once in a few years?

I am definately buying as soon as I gather funds, and oh, the color is something betweek pink and peachy, but more towards light peachy on me, not a blush like gazillion others. And thankfully without shimmer or glitter.
HTH!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Reminds me of one of those lighter boxed powders from Benefit, like Dandelion or Georgia Peach. Super light.

Top Rated NARS Products