August 27, 2014 | 1700 users online

Blush - NARS - Sex Appeal

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This blush is super for very pale skintones. I would not recommend this for anyone over, say, NC25. I wear Alabaster in Bobbi Brown (~NC15 in MAC, Chantecaille Fresh), and this blush is just a lovely, subtle, everyday blush. The reviews about it being very subtle are true, but for me that is part of the appeal. You are never going to get an overdone look with this blush. The paradox with this blush is that it's hard to really see a difference up close as you're applying it, but step away from the mirror a bit and you will notice a definite glowiness to your cheeks after applying.

The one bad thing about Sex Appeal is that is a bit too soft and deposits a lot on your brush if you don't use a very light touch. I just tap off the excess. Also, not specific to this blush, but the NARS rubberized packaging picks up a lot of debris and is not my favorite blush packaging.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by splattergirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I tried this in store today, I am nw10-15 and it shows on my hand nice and subtle, just the right intensity I want a blush to be. I have had problems with rosacea my whole life and can't imagine wearing a bright blush so this is second one, after nico, that I am getting from Nars because it's impossible to overdo and I am not good at blending.
I have to say I don't get it why darker skinned people *have* to give it negative reviews, I mean, not everything is meant for everyone, right, like, I wouldn't review or buy a bronzer or a very bright blush because thats just not the thing for me and I don't think it's offensive that a brand makes a blush meant for us fair skinned ladies once in a few years?

I am definately buying as soon as I gather funds, and oh, the color is something betweek pink and peachy, but more towards light peachy on me, not a blush like gazillion others. And thankfully without shimmer or glitter.
HTH!

49 out of 52 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Kavitacaviezel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Reminds me of one of those lighter boxed powders from Benefit, like Dandelion or Georgia Peach. Super light.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by apkool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nc15 and I love love love this blush! I'm super fair and don't like the looks of bright blush on me. This is a very subtle peachy pink that leans more to the pink side. I apply it with my 187 from MAC and it's almost impossible to overdo and it always leaves such a pretty natural flush. Like others have said, if your anything over an NC25 or even 20 it probably won't show up on you, but for those of you whole are pale like me and looking for an easy everyday blush I'd def recommend!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by scarlettOH

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Say NO to Sex Appeal!! This pale pink (NOT peach) blush is INVISIBLE. Seriously SERIOUSLY!!! In the pan, this looks like my dream blush. I love soft pale pink colors. But after a heavy handed swatch; and another; and another --- I discovered that this blush has no pigment. No chalkyness, nothing. It's just invisible.

Save your money!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by lunadestella

I went to Sephora today to see if they had the new Holiday Nars collection and was shocked to see it was finally there! The Sex Appeal blush looks so amazing in the pan. Definitely had a soft, warm peach vibe going on and I couldn't wait to test it out as soon as I saw it. I'm pretty white, probably close to porcelain, and so I thought, "Hey, this blush is bound to work on me!"

I tried it on.

One word: Invis-o-blush

Followed by: Waste-o-money

20 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

It's described as soft peach but I would call it light pink. It's pink. There is no orange in it. It's pink. Pink.

NC30 here. On me it seems like a spring kind of shade. Innocent and fresh-faced. It makes me look like a doll. If that's your thing. Not really mine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by eternalstarangel

Sex appeal is a very very light blush reminiscent of MAC's beauty powders. I doubt will show up on most people without a lot of layering. That said, I can get it to show up on me and i'm currently around nc 25 or so, but even then it's very very light. I think anyone darker than NC25 will not be able to get this to show up. I've heard some people saying that this is meant as a highlighter, but seeing as this is a matte blush, I'm really not sure this would work as a highlighter at all. However, if you're one of those people who is lighter than nc/nw 15 and like extremely subtle blushes, you might like this

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by GlamZebraXO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Honestly I think you have to be quite pale to wear this. It's a pastel pinky peach. My younger sister is pale and it looked so pretty on her, I'm medium tan and had to try it, it just disappeared right into my cheeks (which I expected but had to try anyways). If you pack it on darker skin it's just going to look really chalky, it doesn't look chalky on my sister at all though. It's gorgeous for paler girls who want a natural, girly blush. It reminds me of MAC's sheertone finish. I also think it's perfect for lighter toned teenage girls just getting into makeup.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

Love it! I'm relatively pale and yellow (NC15/20) and on me, this blush is a lovely soft matte true peach. It is very sheer, probably the only NARS blush I don't have to worry about putting too much on. However, it is super lovely on and gives a natural peachy glow. Since it is so sheer, the payoff on skin would probably change depending on your undertones. Since I'm yellow, I get a peach, but people with cooler undertones might pull out more pink tones in the blush when they apply it. I don't think Sex Appeal would work well (at least as a blush) on someone over NC35 since it is so light. And one other word to the wise: this blush is softer than other NARS blushes and as such more fragile. I dropped it once from my vanity on carpet and the sides crumbled! Luckily though it's still relatively intact and in the pan, but just be extra careful with this!

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No