April 18, 2014 | 1846 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by surfplum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a good, basic cleanser. I definitely like it better than Cetaphil because it does a better job of keeping breakouts at bay. My derm recommended this (specifically the foaming cleanser, not the regular Cerave cleanser) for breakouts on my body and face. It doesn't do anything special when it comes to anti-aging, fine lines, etc. For me, it works best when I pair it with a light moisturizer, otherwise it can be slightly drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 3:39:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I had a horrible reaction to a sunscreen about 4.5 months agoÖ I got a whole lot of white heads all over my face that slowly turned into cystic acne. Luckily, I bought this Cleanser before it got too bad. I was able to stop the cystic acne on most of my face, with the exception of my jaw line and chin.

I have sensitive acne prone combo skin that leans to the dry side. I read the reviews on here before I bought it, so I already knew it could cause some dryness. Iím not going to lower itís rating for that. I wanted to clear up my acne more than anything else, and this stuff really helped but Iíll be buying the Hydrating version next time. This is not a product for anyone with skin that dries out easily.

The consistency is nice. Itís not too watery and lathers very well. You donít need a ton of product to get your face clean. HOWEVER, it does not remove makeup well at all. I use Grandpaís Thylox Sulfur Acne Treatment Soap Bar to remove any makeup I have on before I wash my face with this, and the combo works great. If I didnít have a good way to remove my makeup already I donít think I would like this product as much as I do.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by travelbugaf3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have acne prone, very sensitive skin.

I switched to this after getting some good results from Cerave PM facial moisturizer, and have been using the two together for a few months. They are my HG products-- my skin is more clear and healthy than it has been in over 15 years. This cleanser does not dry me out at all, and cleanses without irritation. I have not had any negative reactions to this. The price is great also, as a little goes a long way and the bottle lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 7:33:00 PM More reviews by smellthis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG facial cleanser for normal to oily skin. This unscented gel foams lightly, doesn't strip skin but instead leaves it comfortable and clean. Anyone with sensitive skin - or someone who prefers their facial products unfragrances - will appreciate this. My only [minor] quibble is the packaging; the pump is a little stiff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 8:24:00 PM More reviews by amay100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me first say that I have very sensitive acne-prone skin. This face wash is amazing for it. I also have oily skin and it helps keep the oil at bay throughout the day. It does not leave a dry tight feeling, which the cetaphil cleanser did. Have not had any breakouts since using this, which ill usually have the next morning. Recommended for those with oily and sensitive skin! Not for people with dry skin, it even says it on the bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by reviews2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product for sensitive skin. Totally recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im really loving this cleanser so far! my skin type is oily/very sensitive. its hard for me to find a cleanser that doesnt irritate my skin or eyes...this cleanser does NOT. a few years back, the only cleanser that cerave had was the lotion type cleanser. i tried that one and hated it. i moved on to Boscia purifying cleansing gel and was very happy with it and had no plans to change until recently when they revised it(why do stupid companies do this??!). anywho, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise because i started researching to find a new cleanser and saw that the cerave got very high reviews on every site. so i decided to give it a try and low and behold..i like this even better than the Boscia and its half the price! this cleanser keeps my face fairly matte throughout the day which is a definite plus. its also non drying and cleans my skin really well. i always use a wipe to remove my makeup first..but this cleanser does a great job at cleaning off any remaining makeup. i also love that it comes in a pump. i have found everything that i need in this cleanser and i intend to stick with it. will do an updated review in about 6 weeks.

UPDATE: 9/22/2012
still LOVING this cleanser! its amazing. it hasnt broken me out or irritated my skin or eyes at all. it gives my face a smooth, supple appearance. great for oily skin-even in the summer. this cleanser is a definitely a keeper!!!!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by 1Bruce1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has become a staple for me. I have oily, very sensitive skin with mild rosacea, and this stuff is perfect. I use it on my neck and upper chest too. Just a simple, gentle cleaner--love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:21:00 AM More reviews by jiegao8

My favorite cleanser of all time. I'm finishing up my second bottle and will continue to use it. It's perfect for my combination skin. Simple, cleans well, not irritating or drying, and one bottle lasts a long time. It's not the best cleanser for makeup removal but works fine when I wear minimal makeup. It's so gentle that I can even use it around my eyes. I usually use it once a day in combination with another stronger facial cleanser that can give that squeaky clean and tight feeling on my face. But if my skin feels sensitive or has issues such as breakouts, then I usually stick to CeraVe both in the morning and at night. I was actually a little hesitant in buying it at first because I heard that it's fairly similar to Cetaphil, which I have tried in the past with poor result. But CeraVe worked out very well with my skin and I'm glad I gave it a chance because it has resolved my mild acne problem and even improved my overall skin tone. I would really recommend it for those who would like to take a more gentle approach with their acne issues as well as those who are just looking for an excellent everyday cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:53:00 AM More reviews by ChellBell

This is a wonderful cleanser in my opinion! A year ago, i got so upset with my awful t-zone breakouts that i decided to go to the dermatologist and they gave me samples of a few cleansers. This one definitely stuck out as the one that worked! I tried Cetaphil and even the CeraVe hydrating version, but only this cleanser worked for me. I haven't had much trouble with my acne since. Great Buy!!!