August 1, 2014 | 1698 users online

Mascara - Rimmel - Lash Accelerator

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by sharon517

I picked this up at Big Lots for under 5 bucks! I figured it wouldn't be a huge loss if it didn't work for me. I have very short, thin lashes, with zero volume.Anyway, I've been using it for a little over a month and I have seen a difference in the length of my lashes, although it is subtle. However, the amount and volume of my lashes didn't change. The applicator has a tapered shape so it makes the little lashes easier to get to. What I like most about this product is that it doesn't flake (!!!!!) I've tried so many mascaras that were good, but flaked horribly, thus making them completely useless by the end of the day.

One thing to note is that this product does smudge, so I would recommend you get waterproof if you have watery eyes, or plan on crying alot (smile). Also I really wish it could not only lengthen lashes, but add volume to the lashes. All in all, its a good product, and worth a try if you want a cheap alternative to lengthening your lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by scooucha24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had sooo many experiences where I'll buy a product and get my hopes up, but it won't do anything for me that it promised. I was looking for a lengthening mascara and I picked this up NOT expecting it to change the ACTUAL length of my lashes. Let me say, I was blown away when after about a month of using this I noticed a difference. I was confused at first because it seemed like my top lashes were thicker, and my bottom ones were much longer, and I had no idea why. Then I finally realized it had been a month since I started using this, and I was shocked! A product that works! It's clumpy the first few times you use it, but it gives insane length and I've actually gotten a ton of compliments! I love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by heyheycheese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I had bought this mascara a couple of years ago and I decided to try it out again because I read so many positive reviews.

I don't like the results from this mascara. I experienced next to nothing in terms of volume and the formula is so soupy that it was hard to apply without it getting on my eyelids. I did see some lengthening, but it was hardly spectacular.

Pretty disappointed by this product, actually. Mediocre length, no volume and a wet, messy application. Would not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 11:58:00 PM More reviews by mindlips

I bought Rimmel's Lash Accelerator to try out some cheap lash growth mascaras! Unfortunately, my asian lashes did NOT experience any lash growth after a month's worth of using the mascara. However, all is not lost because I find that the wet formula of the Lash Accelerator mascara paints the upper crease below the eyelids very, very nicely ;-) You just need a lash brush and you need to wipe some of the product on the lash brush. Then wiggle the brush where the crease is and you get a lovely, darkening effect to compliment your eyes and whatever else mascara you use! I would buy Rimmel's Lash Accelerator mascara again JUST for crease darkening purposes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

I have 3 Rimmel mascars on rotation right now, and I have to say I love this one the most. I havent been using it long enough to notice any growth, but it applies like a dream, isnt clumpy, and makes my lashes appear longer and fuller without messy fiber tubes. Its very easy to apply and take off, but it doesnt smudge or run during the day. I have yet to have a bad experience with Rimmel mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by GiuliaBandanza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So i decided to buy this when i noticed a little eyelash bald spot that i just wouldn't be able to coverup with an eye-lash combover :P so i'm not exactly sure if this REALLY helps your eyelashes grow, but might as well try right? So i don't use the same mascaras consecutively, so haven't noticed TOO much growth yet and it's been about a month since i purchased this. But other than that factor i love this mascara. I rarely give out 5/5 ratings but i definitely think this mascara earned it. For me the depth of black was perfect and the brush, although strange looking, is really good. The shorter bristles are good for lower lashes and the thicker bristles are amazing for length and volume. You can get even the smallest on inner eyelashes covered with this. The packaging is a metallic lemon-lime color, which surprising for a girl who loves her spa pale greens and blues, really likes. It makes it easier to find in the depths of a purse and has a unique flare to it.I don't need to reapply during the day. I really, really like this and hope that the growth thing works!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:56:00 AM More reviews by cozycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG mascara. I've always had a problem with my eyelashes shedding particularly since I've been a daily user of mascara for many years, but this one keeps them strong and healthy, I haven't had any lashes falling off since I started using it many months ago, so it is ideal for everyday use. I have average-length lashes with average volume and this gives me a great day-time look for the office. If I need a little more 'oomph' I just apply a second coat after a couple minutes, and I'd curl my lashes beforehand. But generally I save my bad-ass volumnizer mascara for special evenings, and use this one for any other occasion. Oh I love, love, love the price too! What else can I say, it's cheap and it works for me, so far the only mascara in its price range that keeps my lashes strong, prevents hair loss, while serving its purpose as a mascara. I also haven't had problems with clumping and it's pretty easy to wash off (I use vaseline to remove mascara before washing my face).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Twizzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a total mascara snob, having tried everything on all ends of the spectrum--I was a huge fan of L'Oreal's ACCENTUOUS mascara back in the day and cry all the time it never came back--used it for years and swore by it--and had gone thru tons of disenchanted mascaras, from DIORSHOW to clinique to LANCOME to all the cheapie ones--and stumbled across this in extreme black--and I'm a happy mascara snob again :) I HATE big bushy brushes, I hate clumps, I like a smaller brush that separates and coats each lash and sorta stretches it out as you sweep the brush across--and this doesn't bother my eyes at all. I can't abide waterproof mascara with all the fibers dropping in my eyes, but this one lasts ALL day and removes well with eye makeup remover :) It's not waterproof, but wears very well :)

I LOVE this, and most of the time can get this at drugstores for buy one get one half off--so I stock up and store away :)
YAY!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

Generally, I like this mascara.
On my lashes I find it lenghtening, but not volumising. It separates my lashes well, and doesn't really ever clump, which I like.
When I first bought it and started using it, the formula was VERY RUNNY, which on the one hand was great because it was really easy to evenly and nicely coat my lashes and they looked really black but natural (I have the black cap one btw). But on the other hand, God forbid you blinked AT ALL the first good minute or two after applying it, or you'd end up with smdged mascara everywhere!!! It is really easy to swipe off though, and I do find it's the easiest mascara to take off in the evening, out of all I've ever tried - which I love. But this also means that it does smudge a bit during the day, initially at least. I do have sensitive eyes and they get runny in the wind though, so maybe that's just on me.
Once you've used it a bit and it gets drier, it doesn't smudge as much, if at all.
As for the lash growth, I've used this for a good 2-3 months now and haven't noticed any improvement, but my lashes do seem healthier. I think though this is not because of the mscara itself, but because it's so easy to take off so my lashes don't fall as I remove my makeup, which means they grow for longer.
This is about 9 here in the UK. Would I repurchase? Not sure, because the fact that it's so runny and smudges so easily does really annoy me.

EDIT: Just repurchased this - I'd missed having a mascara with such a light formulation. I guess I'll just have to wait till it gets a tiny bit drier!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by preslejen

I LOVE this product. For all of you who don't believe a mascara can increase lash number or length, you are completely wrong. I wish I had taken before and after pictures, because the difference was jaw dropping. The first couple weeks of using this product slowly transformed my lashes.Even without wearing mascara there was a noticeable difference.

After a couple of weeks it stopped working ( but honestly if it had continued working my eyelashes would have just looked ridiculous). But the mascara works really well after the lash growing effect has worn off. I swipe this on, slightly wiggling the wand back and forth and twirling upward. After they dry I use the tweezerman lash comb, combing first with the comb facing down and then comb the lashes up. To be honest, if I didn't comb my lashes it probably wouldn't look very good, because without combing this mascara tends to clump.

The process takes a good amount of time. I mean, I can't just swipe this on and go. The extra time doesn't bother me though, the extra work is definitely worth it. I am a lash perfectionist, I need long lashes with zero clumps and zero gaps which is almost impossible to get without some work.

I have not noticed any flaking during the day. However, when I comb little flakes of mascara come off, so I just grab a fluffy brush and wipe them away. Maybe the combing gets off any flakes that would fall off during the day? but I obviously don't know for sure.

I curl at the base and halfway down my lashes with a shu uemura curler, and I have not noticed my lashes losing any curl because of this mascara.

I have gone through about 4 tubes of this. Definitely my HG mascara, I am sure that as long as they make this I am going to keep going back to it.