August 1, 2014 | 1031 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Volume

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by ila80

I'm on my second tube of this now, but I definitely don't wear it every day. This mascara is perfect for the first 4 uses. After that it gets very dry and I have to put on at least 3 coats. For people that like dryer mascaras, you will love this. It defines and separates beautifully, but I just don't have the time or patience it requires.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by ilovesushi21

I have short and sparse Asian lashes.

I thought The Falsies by Maybelline was the best mascara ever until I tried this. This mascara is absolutely fantastic! It defines and volumizes really well, with decent length. The formula is a bit drier than the other mascaras I've tried and I love it; very minimal clumping! I find that one coat of this for my lashes is equivalent to about 2-3 coats of Maybelline The Falsies. It holds up really well and doesn't flake throughout the day.

I would have given this a 5 if it wasn't for the flat wand tip. Some people don't mind it, but I wish it had bristles on the top (like Benefit They're Real). Nonetheless, it is still an AMAZING mascara!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

Literally the best drug store mascara. This product completely separated my lashes, gave them length and so much volume! I bought this a looong time ago when I first started out with make up and it was my HG mascara. I re-purchased this so many times and I'm still using it!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2012 8:38:00 PM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This mascara is overrated. It had a funny smell, irritated my sensitive eyes, and didn't add much volume (though it did add length).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 12:56:00 AM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so late for the lash blast volume train. It's embarrassing. Anyway, I finally got it because I was originally going to get the clump crusher mascara in the green tube, but CVS didn't have it yet. I really like this stuff! Not as much as I thought, but it's pretty decent. I love that it's kind of a drier formula because I can't stand wet mascaras that weigh down my lashes. I'd say it gives good volume and enhances length, however I'm not thrilled that it doesn't hold curl as much as I'd like it too. I can get over it though because it doesn't flake, smudge, or get too clumpy. I can even get away with 4 coats letting them dry completely in between.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/15/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Ninjakitten14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara has a really big wand, which can be a problem, thats all i don't like really. But it's pretty good though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by libbyfranc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried a lot of mascaras in my quest for a HG one. I would have to say that this one by CG is the closest I've come to it :) I bought the regular kind in very black. It does volumize wonderfully, and gives a nice natural look (if you want a thicker look, you can easily add another coat until you get what you want). I do think it doesn't lengthen as well as some other mascaras, however it's not really an issue for me as i already have pretty long lashes. One thing I LOVE is that this mascara rarely, RARELY clumps. Occasionally I get a tiny clump on a corner lash, but it's easily flicked off, lol. the formula also doesn't dry out as quickly as most mascaras I've used, so a plus there (and some money saved :D). Typically I shy away from rubber brushes, but I happen to really like this one. It also lasts all day. There are a few tiny things I dislike: It is a bit difficult to get the inner and out corner lashes, but with a little practice, it can be done. It can flake a tiny bit, but it's very minor and really only flakes if you start fussing with it with your fingers or brush/comb. I also don't like the orange color of the tube, but, I don't like orange in general :D haha. I prefer this version to the waterproof as the waterproof takes forever to remove, even with makeup remover! Overall though, this has to be my favorite mascara so far, I definitely recommend it :) A little over $8 at the local drugstore, but not bad considering the quality you're getting :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 1:56:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely floored by this mascara. I never bought into the hype about lash blast, but I recently got a $2 off cover girl at Walgreens and decided to give it a try since my usual hg l'oreal carbon black voluminous wasn't cutting it anymore. Just with one coat lash blast volume gives me noticeable volume and length. That has never happened to me with a ds mascara before. The most impressive part is that I kept layering and layering and NO clumps. It's unbelievable. It gave me volume and length and was much blacker than I expected. Only downside is that it is difficult to take off, but it wears like iron on me. I can't rave about this enough...I'm so glad I decided to give this a try!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me preface this review by saying I'm usually a Maybelline mascara girl, and I've never met a rubber (rather than bristle) mascara brush I liked.

However, I decided to try this based on Allure's strong recommendation and I am so glad I did. This mascara is great! The blackest black formula is super dark, pigmented and has a slightly gloss finish. This really does increase volume, like so many other mascaras say but fail to do, making my eyelashes look thicker and like there are more of them. It is pretty good for lengthening and curl too. The brush coats every lash without clumping and you don't need to build up 10 coats for it to look good.
This formula has good staying power and doesn't flake or smudge. The packaging is nice and the price is very reasonable. I definitely recommend this one! Even if you're a rubber brush doubter like me, you may find yourself very pleasantly surprised.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by shellbell78028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love how this mascara makes my lashes look and have been using it for years. They look full and amazing and I get lots of compliments. That said, I cannot buy this product again. If my eyes water at all throughout the day, my mascara starts to run, gets into my eye, and BURNS. That makes my eyes water more and then it's all gone. Today it just happened one too many times and now, sadly, I have to go on the hunt for a mascara that works as well as this but doesn't burn.