July 24, 2014 | 1235 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by rene1120

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation! The best and nothing compares to it. Its a great medium-full coverage foundation. I have combo skin and it does nothing for a oily T-zone, but thats what blotting sheets are for, right? This is the foundation Ive been looking for my whole life and its wonderful. It last for at least 12+ hrs, doesnt budge. Per my dermatologist, MAC uses oil in their products. I'll have to research that, cuz I refuse to give this up. Worth the $30 and the bottle lasts approximately 6-7 months. Highly recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

SKIN TYPE: Oily, sensitive, acne prone

I bought this in the end of Dec 2012 and I still have about half of this foundation left. I do not use this everyday but just when I want a bit more coverage for my foundation.

I liked it when I first got it but now I do like it as much. Comes in a 30ml glass bottle with a black pump at the top which you can lock or unlock it.

Pros:
- Does not break me out surprisingly. Some people said they broke them out but I did not get that.
- Hygienic because it comes with a pump
- Able to lock and unlock the pump so that when you travel, you won't have the foundation all over your things! *thumbs up
- Amount that product dispense is alright. Does not pump too much or too little. Unlike the pro longwear concealer which wastes too much but it is one of my favorites right now (I have a review on that)

Cons:
- MUA at Mac matched me to the wrong shade! I have to blend some foundation down my neck and that is a major turn off for me! >.<
- cakey as hell. I use my original beauty blender with this foundation and it is difficult to blend! After about the 3 hour mark, my face gets oily and I start seeing patches on my skin! Disgusting
- I use maximum 2 pumps for my whole face and I have to say, it is cakey when you apply it on the skin, at least on my skin. I feel that this just sits on my skin and does not really sink it and set.
- Must blend fast because this dries fast.
This foundation is difficult to explain. Okay I'll try.

It is one of those foundations that dries fast, but does not sink in the skin. If you did not blend it out fast enough, it will be uneven on the skin and hence the patches. Combine with my oily skin, this foundation slides on my skin after about 3 hours or 2 and half hours. COMPLETELY FAIL ugh. When I blot my face, I can see some foundation on my blotting paper and it just drives me insane because isn't it suppose to be pro longwear??? I feel that Revlon Colourstay and Estee Lauder Double Wear is much better than this.

I really do not want to waste my money so I will try to use about 1/4 of it and only using 1 pump for my entire face so that I can use this for back-to-mac. Bought this for around SGD$51 here in Singapore.

Will not repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:37:00 AM More reviews by Dlovesmu

Horrible for me!! I was recommended this by a friend who love this, but it was sticky and left me looking dull and enhanced my pores. Then adding a powder was even worse. I don't know what I'm doing wrong as it has good reviews. Waste of my money :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/25/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by madeleineb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like MAC products and would probably recommend this foundation for somebody with normal or dry skin. I have oily skin and I found the oil on my skin made the foundation go kind of bitsy throughout the day. It went on nicely but definitely didn't last in a way that would justify being called 'Pro Longwear Foundation'.
I have a friend that works at a MAC store and she said lots of girls with oily skin have the same experience with this foundation. Just wish I had known this before I bought it :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by michellerodgerscts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am madly in love with this foundation! I love all my foundations that I keep around though, so that really isnt saying much.

I use this shade in NC50, however or the winter I may need to purchase NC45 and mix a bit of it in to lighten it up a shade or two. For shade comparison, I am Caramel in both Revlon Colorstay Whipped and Maybelline SuperStay (very comparable finishes as well to MAC PLW), SB13 in Illamasqua Skinbase, N7 in MAC F&B, and 4 1/2 in Dermablend Cover Cream.

I love all foundations that can be blended into the skin to look like you have nothing on but perfect skin...this foundation is another product that can achieve that look when applied correctly. For this...I normally apply to the back of my hand, and I use a flat top foundation brush to apply and blend into my skin. I have also tried with normal foundation brushes and beauty blenders and I do not like the finish, and I also found that it made my skin appear blotchy. For me...this product dries to a powder/satin finish.

I cannot say enough good things about this foundation, the wear time is amazing, 12+ hours with no moving, I have worked out in it, sweat in it, played in a pool in it...and it always stood up to the challenge. It has not caused me to break out...however, because this is my favorite foundation, I do not use this everyday, I only use it for special occasions or when going out...Ive also slept in it with no issues. I have oil skin by the way.

I also love the packaging, you can take the top off when you are down to your last bit...but there is a pump that has a lock, which is amazing. I also like that only a tiny bit can come out at a time, half a pump is good enough for my entire face.

I recommend this to all oily women with my skin color, you will not be disappointed.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Simonjw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought I loved everything about this product the medium coverage, the fact that it is buildable, the amazing all day staying power and also that it just glides over dry patches. The finish on this foundation is also very natural looking not matte or satin. HOWEVER, it wasn't until the next day when I woke up with the around 5 or 6 spots on my cheek! I've never gotten spots on my cheek until using this and never broken out from a product before using this. It's the WORST foundation I have ever tried and I had such high hopes for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by lipglossraider

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

hmmm im so-so about this product. I read some reviews and i agree, its the finish that doesn't have that wow factor. you don't have the glow, but your not completely matte either. nor its a dewy finish, it just looks like natural dull flawless skin. doesn't give your face dimension, a halo glow, or healthy look. it stays on which is the only thing perfect, like matte paint lol. i think its good if your really oily, by the end of the working day i now have a slight dewy face, usually im oil slick by lunch time. in the morning it does look abit fresher, but by end of the day its still there, but theres something about the finish thats not beautiful! foundation should enhance your skin, but this doesnt, this is good for photos, i think and you defo have to use other makeup such as blusher, highlighter to vamp up the look. im using this for a party because of its staying power, but it would not be my everyday foundation simple because its medium coverage but with no glow!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by caradise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have combination-oily and blemished skin and wanted to try this foundation out because I had heard people saying it is longwearing. To be honest, the fact that I didnt like this as much as I thought was not only the foundations fault, I got matched by a trainee and she ended up matching me one shade too light (normally I'm NC20-NC25). It is _very_ longwearing even on my oily t-zone but at the same time, it made the area around my pimples look very dry and flaky. The pro-longwear is also harder to blend than the other mac foundations I've tried. I'll stay with my studio fix fluid

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Malika1380

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bloody awful stuff goes on thick & you've got seconds to work it in before it dries into a chalky mess not to mention the colours are just a total mess I'm normally a nc25 but that made me look seriously orange just way to dark. so They suggested i tried an n18 that was just as bad! If you have fair skin do not touch these foundations with a barge poll unless you want to be an extra on towie! It does stay on which is also unfortunate as its just Horrible horrible stuff, also it settles into any fine lines you might have and makes them look 1000% worse, so disappointed :( will stick to nars in future they never let me down

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Camaiu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is pretty much a godsend for oily skinned people out there. It goes on like a liquid and quickly dries and plasters itself onto your face for hours. This has been the only foundation so far that prevents my face from looking like an oil slick halfway through my work day. Eventually it will let oil shine through, but I am a one application woman and for my needs it totally exceeds my expectations.

The only con is that you really need to work quick with it, and probably apply with a foundation or stipple brush so that you get even coverage. I use NW20/NW25. My skin is medium with yellow, peach, and olive undertones and this worked better for me than the NC shades.

The coverage can get to full also. I have freckles and when I wear this foundation they are well covered.