November 25, 2014 | 1565 users online

Liquid - MAC - Pro Longwear Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by A1214

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite foundation! I have oily skin and prior to using the Pro Longwear found that every other foundation I tried would slide off my face by the afternoon, even with a primer and powder. I don't wear a lot of makeup and I find that I can vary how much coverage I get with this product, which I love. During the day I can use a little to cover problematic areas, or add a bit more during the evening when I want more coverage. It literally lasts all day until I take it off at night and I don't set it with powder or need to do powder touch ups throughout the day. If you have oily skin and have problems with getting your makeup to stay, try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by katrina02

I've been a huge fan of MAC foundations and this one is probably my favourite one. It has a medium to buildable coverage, has a natural/matt finish and it lasts until you decide to take it off! There are some great foundations out there by different brands, they look and smell beautiful apply like a dream but simply don't LAST!!!!!! What is the point of applying great foundation if it won't stay on your face? This foundation lasts forever. I apply it with my Sigma F82 Round Kabuki brush.

I can see some people mentioning that it is hard to blend and it can look patchy, sorry ladies but it's because you are doing it wrong! You need to make sure you exfoliate your face often and moisture your face well when using these types of foundations. It will make a world of difference in the way your foundation applies and looks, trust me. It will sink into your skin rather than sit on top of it and blending will be a breeze. If you want a heavier coverage make sure you apply it in thin layers not all at once. I like medium coverage and I can definitely get it from one thin layer as you only need to use a tiny bit of this product.

I probably wouldn't recommend it for people with very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by sarahmedeiros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

That's it, I've found it. My holy grail foundation. I've gone through ELDD, Maybelline liquid mousse and matte mouse, all of MAC studio fix line, avon line, covergirl 3 in 1, revlon colorstay, MUFE HD and Mat+...you name it, I have it and have only been "'satisfied." Until NOW.

For reference, I'm NC15 (pale with major redness, acne, dry patches and horrible greasiness at the same time) with hazel eyes and an overall light complexion with no yellow. Usually MAC oxidizes on me, but this color is the best match I've ever found in the pro longwear version only (studio fix's NC15 is darker for some reason...) Anyways, I apply with a beauty blender and WOW. Pores, gone. Acne, hidden. Matte and natural and beautifully set even without powder. I don't even need primer, ladies, the name is true to its word. It LASTS ALL DAY. I havent needed to touch up in 3 days, and my face usually only stays on for 4 hours max before dripping off from my excess oil. No sticking to my dryness (except a tinyyy bit over my lip, my toughest skin in winter months) which a spray quickly fixed. Utter perfection. No breakouts or problems, just loveliness.

42 bucks Canadian with tax...expensive, but not insanely. It also comes with a pump (MAJOR BONUS!) And MAC lets you return for 30 days if you're not completely satisfied. But I am. My search is OVER and I've never been so relieved. Will I repurchase?....OF COURSE.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by maddieziegler

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This foundation is perfect if you have long and busy days- being a high school student and competitive dancer, I need my foundation to last from 8 in the morning to 9 at night. This foundation lasts throughout, and it also retains its heavy coverage. However, if you like extremely natural looking foundations, this might not be for you- it has a fairly noticeable (not cakey, however) appearance. Keep in mind, it's marketed as a long-lasting foundation- I apply MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural on top to make it look more natural and I've been told multiple times that my skin (not my makeup) looks great :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by tthao

I usually stay away from MAC because of their rep of being very cakey, but I got a sample of this foundation because a friend of mine said she liked it and it was her friend's HG. I got 140 and immediately noticed how it seemed to match me but was VERY golden toned. I'm talking yellow. Good thing it didn't look that way on my face. Anyway, I noticed the coverage was good but I could see the cake starting to build, and my application is with a brush that usually gives me a nice light-medium coverage.

This foundation maximizes the appearance of my dry spots and flakes. I also didn't like the fact that it oxidizes and my face was very pink after a few minutes, which freaked me out since the foundation is super yellow.

5 lippies for the price bc $31 for a nice foundation is great! Packaging, I didn't buy it but I do like the bottle, although I would like a cap to cover the nose.

I will not buy this, the only thing I liked was the coverage, but it's not worth the cake.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Hibaaa

I have been using this foundation for around 5 months and I must say that this is one of my favorite foundations. I was looking for a foundation that I can use everyday and that has a great staying power because I am not the kind of girl that likes touch ups..

With that said I found this foundation to give great coverage yet a natural finish and it still shows the glow my skin has. It claims to stay up to 15 hours, which is without doubt true as I have had it on for 10 hours without needing to touch up, and I have combination skin.
During the winter I tend to get much more dry however I did not feel that this foundation left dry patches on my skin. Furthermore, I do have more oily t-zone during summer and I would say that it would stay on very well throughout those days as well.

Overall it is a foundation worth to try by all skin types and especially for those who are looking for a foundation that lasts a long time and is still natural in finish.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2013 3:31:00 PM More reviews by completelynumby

This foundation doesn't agree with my normal/combination skin. I break out every time I apply this stuff, especially around my chin, jaw, upper lip and forehead.

As for the 'pro longwear' aspect, I would say it lasts for three hours on my face, which isn't bad. But for a foundation that claims to give up to 15 hours of wear, it's not so good.

Definitely not a keeper for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by BunnyByTheSea

Aloha, I live in Hawaii and my work days are long, so I need a foundation that lasts a long time. I mean who wants to reapply their make up throughout the day? No one. So I got this pro long wear at the mac store. I use it with the oil control lotion, because my foundation no matter what kind it is slides off of my face! but this together (the prolong wear and the oil control lotion) makes it stay! My makeup stays on my face for around 8 hours without touchups! which is amazing! I do touch up with powder, bronzer and blush before dinner. But the foundations stays put! It dries really really fast, so I work quickly blending it. I would say it is a medium to full coverage, if you keeps reapplying it does get cake. I love that you can not see it in the sun! You know that feeling when you look at yourself in the mirror in the sun and you're like yuck (!) ewww your foundation looks like a mask and oily. This does not do that, which is great! I know a lot of ladies do say its cake, but maybe they apply too much go the foundation? I don't know it doest cake on me. So that I'm happy with. The smell I do not like, it smells really chemically, but it goes away fast. I Hasn't broken me out, and my face breaks out easily. So that is a big plus. The color of the foundation in the bottle does look very different on my face, so I suggest you test out the colors for your match at the counter. The mac girls are usually nice (well most of them) and I am sure that they would help you find the perfect match! Also when I apply my foundation I usually wait like 10 minutes to use bronzer, powder and blush, just to let the color "seep" into my skin, I feel like the color tone changes over a few minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by deesoso

After using this foundation for awhile I am kind of unhappy with it. The color is quite pale and not as close to my color as I thought when I first purchased it. I don't really have wrinkles but this somehow seeps into and causes lines on my forehead that I did not know where there. Did I mention that its really drying? It does stick through the whole day mostly... But the formula sucks and is not hydrating in any way shape or form.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I love the prolong wear concealer so I thought to try the foundation as well. And wow! I love it so much. I tried revlon color stay but it gives me dry patches and I think the finish is more matte than this foundation. This foundation gives quite a natural finish a demi matte- like a matte satin finish and it looks like skin. Also, it does not transfer. The consistence is not runny but not thick either and have very good coverage (med to full) for a foundation that's not too thick.

I got this in the color n18. It's good for my winter skin and I can probably wear it during the summer too with bronzer. The other foundation I like is studio sculpt from Mac but it does not have the longevity of this one.