July 22, 2014 | 2069 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Foundation #3

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2004 4:20:00 PM More reviews by scarlet_echo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although I probably should have ordered the light set instead of the medium, this stuff works wonders. I found the #2.3 formula to be a bit too orangy for my fair pink toned skin, but #3 matched very nicely. The brushes are pretty good quality but this is definitley a product to use sparingly. A little goes a long way, you just have to keep buffing even when you don't think anything is on the brush anymore. After I use this my overall skin tone looks airbrushed but I still need a good concealor (I like Almay Amazing Lasting in Fair) to cover blemishes and undereye circles. I tried using the mineral powder with a small eyeshadow brush (because it's fluffier than a concealor brush) as a cover-up but it always ended up adding too much pigment and looking cakey. But I usually need to spot check after any foundation I've tried, and I absolutely adore this powder because it feels much lighter than any liquid, has better coverage and it doesn't make me break out. Unfortunately I just ran out of this color, but I do plan to repurchase it. Actually out of the whole Bare Minerals set (#3, #2.3, the mineral veil and the bronzer powder) this is the only thing I plan to buy again, I may try another BM foundation in a lighter color though because with the medium tones I always have to be extra careful to blend onto my neck, but I think the formulation is amazing and I will never go back to liquid again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2004 9:00:00 PM More reviews by DrsL

I have combination skin and the BE minerals foundation No. 3 works for me. It is quite easy to use if you only start with a small amount and follow the instructions that come with it (or appear on the infomercials): swirl out of the cap and tap brush before applying. I let the makeup set for a few minutes, then buff one more time. For evening, I mix No.3 with No.5, which gives me a lovely match that isn't too dark. If you want more of a sheen, you can mix BE with other brands of fine bare mineral powders. If find that it is important to use a good quality brush for the most even coverage (I use a kabuki brush.) Also, if your skin is dry, be sure to put a moisturizer on first and let it dry. With practice, this routine is quick and very effective for hours of natural, stay-put makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2004 7:59:00 AM More reviews by BuffityGrl

I've always been not so good w/ liquid foundation, but saw this on tv and at the mall and decided to give it a try. I use my cheap (but excellent) L'Oreal powder brush to apply it, and it's great! Great coverage but doesn't look like you're wearing ten pounds of makeup. ACNE-PRONE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT PURCHASE THE MINERAL VEIL! It has a corn starch base which harbors bacteria (and is likely to cause even more acne). The salesperson told me this, and I cringed.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2004 2:47:00 AM More reviews by fmahmood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation matched my skin tone very well-- which is really tough! The only problem was that it is too shiny. I also thought the coverage looked too heavy, even without a lot of product. So I am sticking to my old cream-to-powder foundation because it is far easier to use and doesn't make me feel like a disco ball. (Also-- the claims that BE Mineral Foundation improves your skin were unsubstantiated in my month-long trial; I noticed absolutely no difference, even without sleeping in it!)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2004 1:50:00 AM More reviews by BonChance

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Love BE! I've tried several pricey dept store foundations (prescriptives, lancome, origins, etc) over the past 10 years and this is The Best for my 34 year old, combination, blemish-prone skin. I've used it for over a year now, and it gives me great coverage over blotchy spots, hides pores, looks natural, and still looks great by the end of the day. I did have to buy two shades and I mix them for the perfect match. I did go back to liquids briefly but had more breakouts and clogged pores, so switched back to BE and now my skin is better, The BE brushes are sub-par, so I apply it with my Bobbie Brown extra-short extra-fat brush that comes in its own vinyl carrying case: a perfect combo, I use it for touchups during the day, too. A good value, too; this lasts a long time. Highly recommended. Update: it may look shiny if you use too much. it take less than you may think for good coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2004 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Scrap4fun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so disappointed in the BE mineral foundation. Boy, did I waste my money. It makes my face all shiny, like an oil slick. I am sticking with my Aromaleigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2004 7:53:00 PM More reviews by sgossard

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried Bare Escentuals at the recommendation of a friend. I don't know how I lived without it all these years. It is absolutely the best product I have used. I must say that when my small round jar of foundation arrived, I thought I had just wasted more money. Now I honestly believe that not only is it the most perfect foundation, it is also a bargain. Yes, I said a bargain. These amazing minerals last much longer than liquid or cream foundation, look much more natural, provides sunscreen, and as a bonus, it's good for your skin! My skin was alway oily with large pores, and acne prone. I no longer spend money on tons of products to improve my skin. My skin looks great, and I will never ever use anything else!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2004 3:29:00 AM More reviews by sassywriter

I mistakenly bought this color thinking it suitable for my MMM skin tone. It was a too pink and light, but I liked the way the powder didn't rub off and how it seemed to meld with my skin. So I traded the color in for two shades, light and dark and mixed them. The color is perfect and the first time I used it I was happy. However, each subsequent time I'll check out my face in the mirror hours later and be horrified over how blotchy my skin looks (as if I didn't put any foundation on). It's like BE stopped working or something. Won't buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2004 3:23:00 PM More reviews by hvirgin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I ADORE this stuff. I've never gotten the hang of liquid foundation - always put _way_ too much on - and those sticks have never worked for me either. I wear this to work every day - it's superfast and evens me out beautifully. I'd have to be very, very tempted to try another foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2004 7:45:00 AM More reviews by urbanzero

Awesome. I will never ever go back to using liquid. I am 23 and have been acne prone since 15 and have used every kind of cover up you can think of to cover my blemishes. After seeing an infomercial it sounded to good to be true, but I thought I would try it anyway. I was amazed, it looked like it would erase the blemishes off my face! It looked as if I had no makeup on. The best news of all, is after awhile my face starting clearing up dramatically and now I hardly wear any at all! It doesn't clog my pores! Miracle product, can't say enough about mineral powder foundation!!