MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 3/19/2015 3:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this product but it's so overrated. It does absolutely nothing. Doesn't cover blemishes or dark circles it just sit on top of them and looks like I applied another layer of foundation. It does looks greasy and also sits between the fine lines under my eyes. It was just a big fat dissapointment for me.

on 3/19/2015 1:21:00 AM

Absolute holy grail concealer. I will never even consider anything else.

I've been using this concealer for about a year now, and I still have a good month or two worth of uses left. It's very high coverage, thin, and will not crease under any circumstances. It's easy to blend out with your fingers, but I've found the best way to apply it is with the tip of a damp beauty blender.

I use a shade or two lighter than my foundation, because I'm a huge fan of highlighting my face whenever I'm patient enough to go the extra mile with my make up. This concealer is perfect for a glowing, dewy look if that's your cup of tea.

There is some complaint about the packaging, which is understandable. You need the tiniest amount to conceal just under your eyes, and I use the smallest pump I can manage for my entire face with some left over. That being said, I'm grateful for the pump, because it keeps it sanitary and much easier to store and travel with.

Price point is decent, spending $20 or so for a year's worth of quality product is a good bargain in my opinion. The shade range is good, and if you use MAC foundation it will probably be a cake walk. Very handy bottle, small and compact but a little will go a LONG way.

This concealer is raved about for a reason, I will most definitely repurchase as soon as I run out.

on 3/18/2015 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is the best concealer I have ever used! I have horrible under eye circles, and this is the only thing I have ever found that will cover them. It comes in a tiny bottle and is pretty expensive, but it seems to last a very long time. The packaging is also a little difficult. It is really hard to pump out just a tiny bit, and I usually end up wasting product. But overall, still a great concealer and I will definitely buy again!

on 3/14/2015 7:07:00 AM

Great concealer!

on 3/13/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product as I always have dark circles under my eyes and this covers it perfectly! Also it covers imperfections quite well a little bit of this under foundation is ideal. For what you pay for it I don't feel you get a lot of it, also the pump on it isn't the best it is awkward to press without loads coming out which causes wastage. Overall I would recommend it!

I love this. Since I go to school, it's not easy to be re-applying makeup throughout the day. It seems to last me all day and it is a medium to full coverage. I was matched up with the colour nw20 but I found it look actually a little orange in the daylight so I had to go back and the the colour nc15 suits my skin perfectly. I love Mac concealer and the choice of colours you can pick from. The only con with this concealer is that it defiantly doesn't look hydrating under the eyes but I use a more hydrating concealer over it to give it a boost. Also the pump squirts out too much product but i found that it isn't much of a problem if you do it carefully. Overall I think this is worth the buy!

on 3/12/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Not a fan of this, I find it very drying for my 43 year old under eyes, even after putting a lot of moisturising product on, also got matched in the wrong shade, it inhances my dark under eyes after 5 mins, I've tried to work with it in different ways as I don't want it to go to waste as the price ain't cheap!! It is long wearing though, I got nw25 and its a lot darker than the studio finish concealor in the same shade

on 3/10/2015 9:32:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great, high coverage, very liquid-y concealer. Creases slightly. For the price, you get a lot of product. My only complaint is the packaging is horrible! It is nearly impossible to get this concealer out of the pump without making a mess. The little pump gets clogged and then you have no control over how much product come out and it is always wasting product.

on 3/9/2015 9:46:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this concealer , it's one of the only concealers that doesn't crease under my eyes and that is light , but yet stays on ALL day .

I wasn't really open to getting this concealer at first because I was in love with my " Mac studio finish concealer " and I had a steady face routine , that I was use to doing and didn't wanna change . ( I still love my " Mac studio finish concealer " because it's super natural looking and is great for the summer because of it's High SPF ... BUT I get more creases with it . And I have to use a really good primer if I don't want no creases , which is money consuming because I go out or do something every day whether it's to class , work or just chilling with some friends . ) I officially decided to try the " Mac Prolong wear Concealer " because of it's big rave and also everybody kept saying it's like a high end version to the " La Pro girl concealer " which I'm a BIG FAN of! So I tried it , & set it with my Ben nye banana powder and loved it! I got no creases after a 7 hour wear . I even slept one time with it on and it still looked good when I woke up , I don't get as oily as I use to get either ( but the Ben nye banana powder also helps with that since it's a oil consuming powder . )

The Pros about this product is that ...

it's liquidly but sets matte WITHOUT looking matte .

Stays on all day.

It comes with a pump .

You don't need to touch up.

If worn without a primer it's still long lasting .

Great for highlighting .

No flashback when taking pictures .

Perfect concealer for a night out or a long day .

Easy blending .

Light on the face & doesn't feel heavy .

The Cons about this product is ...

It sets really fast , I recommend doing sections at a time or fast blending .

The pump isn't really controllable you either get too much or not enough .

No SPF .

It's harder to wash off the face then normal concealers/Foundations because it locks on the skin .

You have to moisturize your face real good before using this product if you are dry skin . ( I'm oily combination and when I use this I don't get oily so I assume it would be a little drying for dry skin types after awhile . )

Extra .
I'm kind of a Mac girl so I do use their foundation and concealers My highlighting shades are NC30 and my foundation shade is NC40-NC35 . I would also like to point out that The " Mac ProLong Wear concealers " in the NC Section aren't as yellow as Mac's other Concealer/Foundation in the NC Section, it's a little more between neutral and yellow . And the shades attend to be a little lighter .
My favourite way of blending this concealer out is with a Beauty blender or a Typical painter style foundation brush .

Rate .
This product is around $22 . It's def worth the money IF they make the pump more adjustable because I end up wasting some concealer or end up not getting enough and then I try doing a extra HALF pump and get too much . Overall it's a great concealer . I give it 4.5/5 for the product it's self and a 3/5 for the container/pump . And ofcourse I would repurchase this product! :)

on 3/9/2015 11:25:00 AM

Moisturizes my dry skin, coverage is good, very pleased with it!

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin