Cover Girl fresh complexion concealer

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Cyclomethicone, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylparaben, PVP, Methicone, Methylparaben, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Hexyl Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This, overall, is one of the better concealers I have tried. Now that's mostly because it's light enough to match my skin. The formula is very thin, slightly too watery, and doesn't offer a ton of coverage. I find that if I smear some concealer on the threaded part of the tube, close it, and come back to it the next day, it's thicker, and easier to apply and provides better coverage.

It doesn't get cakey on my skin, and the tube has lasted me quite a while (probably too long to still be hygienic). I like the fact that it's not oily and heavy. It is very buildable, and stays put all day when you set it with powder.

The only reason it doesn't get 5 lippies is because I have to tinker with the formula to get the results I want.

Originally, this was just an under eye concealer bought on a whim one day, because the physicials formula undereye concealer started breaking me out under my eyes. I have found with this concealer the coverage is pretty much the same if not better, and it does not break me out. It covers up my acne somewhat well, but if you've got a volcano don't count on this to do anything but tone down the redness. I got it in creamy natural I think, if I'm remembering right, and it was just right. One problem is I'm not very fond on the applicator, things could definatly get nasty in the tube if you're not extremely careful with keeping it clean. Another thing is when I was screwing the cap on it started spliting in half to the point where it completely broke in half. This might have been my fault though, but it still closes so I guess it's okay. All in all, it's not the best, but it does the job without breaking me out and that is enough for me.

EDIT: I wanted to love this stuff, but I can't deny the fact that, after I stopped wearing it for a few weeks, I'm no longer breaking out. I will continue to use under my eyes, but even then I'm kind of scared pimples will pop up under my undereye area too. Careful using this is you're acne prone, but I still like it for undereyes... so I'm going to keep it at 4 lippies cause it does help undereye circles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This concealer had minimal coverage when it came to covering up my dark circles & blemishes. It did brighten up my skin whenever I put it on and it was easy to blend, but it looked cakey on me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Pro: Easy to blend
Cons:
- offers no coverage, texture is like a liquid foundation
- can't be build up for better coverage
- cakey, dry and obvious looking
- no staying power, practically disappears after I finish putting on other makeup
- settles into fine lines
- dries skin out
- color selections suck, although it has yellow undertone which is supposed to be good for my Asian skin
- irritates acnes and under eye area
- holds eyeshadow quite well when used as a base but irritate the eyes area badly after a few days used.

Buy again? Heck no!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was not happy with this concealer. It is very liquid-y and did little to nothing for my under eye circles. I will definitely not buy it again.

i love this concealer. i use it for covering my undereye darkness, imperfections, & the redness around my nose. it covers it wonderfully. i use it in the shade "creamy natural" & it is just great. i am usually in the three lightest shades of foundation. it's around $5 at walmart, i think. it has a sponge-tip applicator which i like a lot. the coverage is flawless & great. i'd recommend it. it takes a little blending to look natural but it might just be because of my shade being a little darker than normal.

I use this concealer in the shade "Classic Ivory" for the purpose of lightening my MAC foundations. It blends perfectly and doesn't seperate! Its a very basic white/ ivory with no yellow or pink tones (it's really pretty colorless) so it's great for a base shade. I use it like you would MAC Face and Body White and its mucho cheaper! :) For a concealer alone I would give it only 3 lippies because it really doesn't conceal pimples or under eyes very well because it has a thin consistency but that's what makes it perfect for mixing with f/d! It only seems to work well with MAC foundation though, probably b/c they have a similar base ingredient. For how I use it works great! And has no scent which is always a plus :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This concealer is way to liquid for my taste and is to sheer to cover my under eye circles. To get a decent coverage for my dark circles I would have to apply one layer, let it dry, set it with powder and then apply once again the concealer and set it with powder. On blemishes, it would rub off after a couple of minutes. It would look like I didn't even apply concealer on them. This concealer also creases after a couple of hours. The packaging was alright. But there is a lot of product that gets stuck at the top of the tube that you can't reach with the wand. This applicator was okay. Nothing special. Over all, its alright. Wouldn't recommend it.

It's a decent concealer.
I have not-too-bad purplish dark circles and bags under my eyes so concealer is a must unless i wanna look 20 something. This gives ok coverage tho not on acne (makes them look less red/pink but doesn't completely hide them).
I'm going to keep using this until I find a btr one

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Exactly what I needed.

I've used other, more niche-y concealers and old-fashioned wax sticks before, but fresh complexion is one of the cheapest and best I've used. It covers and brightens wonderfully - I was surprised to find that it didn't run, given it's watery consistency. I blend FC around my eyes to brighten the area and use it to soften occasional blemishes. A little mineral powder sets it in place all day.

Women with genetic dark circles will want something stronger, but for those of us simply looking to look more awake, a five dollar tube from Cover girl is all you need.