July 23, 2014 | 1034 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by SimplySweetness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So soft, so light. It feels great on my skin. I use it after I apply my Bare Minerals foundation and my skin feels so soft all day. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by fitguineapig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Read rave reviews for this product on Sephora after seeing someone post a glowing review on YouTube. Thought it had to be too good to be true, especially because I was skeptical about the Amazonian clay claims. But I have to say, this product deserves all the praise it's getting. It's so light and natural looking, it does not add an orange layer like many powders when added on top of foundation. It also really helps control oil - so much so that my skin actually looked better after a few days of use. This is a great loose powder for anyone who needs oil control help.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by blast56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love, love , love it! It controls oil all day long, no blotting necessary. It it is translucent and never creases or settles into fine lines. Amazing stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is truly an HG for me! I don't have oily skin. In fact, my skin leans dry so I have to be careful of setting powders. I tried MAC's Prep and Prime and it was so awful and powdery looking! I have also tried everything else from drugstore to Chanel and this Tarte powder is THE BEST I have found. It is not drying, helps keep my makeup on throughout the day and doesn't have any offensive smell (in fact, it doesn't really smell like anything). If I had a complaint it would be that the powder is so finely milled that I lose a little whenever I unscrew the jar. But seriously, no product is perfect and I can deal with losing a little for the benefits. BTW - I had originally gone in to buy TF's Primed and Poreless powder and the SA recommended this instead. I'm glad she did because it works great and it is TWICE the amount of product for the same price as the TF P&P! Will definitely repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by jellybebe

I have combination skin that gets shiny (though not greasy) through the T-zone no matter the season. No powder has ever been able to stop that, until I tried this one. It evens out my complexion so nicely and feels fresh and silky all day. Sometimes I even use it alone without any other makeup, as it makes my skin look so healthy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by lskeiky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder I had ever used. It is a must. I have incredibly oily, oily skin. Even in the winter I look like I have sweat dripping off my face (Gross, I know). This powder controls my oil, it keeps me matte all day, but I still look natural, It is amazing and totally worth the price. The packaging is very, very nice. A little goes a long way with this product. There is a little hole in the middle of the product that very nicely controls how much comes out. I will but this over and over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:15:00 PM More reviews by LaurenNess

Love this powder!! It is perfect for me because colored powders are too dark for my face. Does not show up white, though. It applies clear and makes my face feel so soft and silky. A little goes a long way with it and it lasts a long time. The one con I have found is that it does not shrink pores as it says but still totally worth it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by kelaine423

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this powder. I bought it after deciding the Too Faced primed and pore less powder had too much glitter. It is rather costly, but a little goes a long way. I use much less of this than any compact powder I have ever had. I just brush a little of this on over my foundation and it really controls shine and sets my makeup. I will buy this again and make it part of my daily routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by CobraChick222

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used this product for several months and feel it works well with my oily skin, I don't think I break a shine as quickly as I did prior to using it. I do think it is expensive, and the packaging could be improved - I would prefer a sifter as opposed to the one hole in the plastic container. I would also love to have the same product in a pressed compact for my purse.

I like the fact that this has no color as I am very fair, and find many of the tinted or yellow based powders show up on my face once I start to get oily as odd colored spots - this does not.

As far as any claims that it reduces pore size, I'm unconvinced - I feel my Perricone skin care products with ALA have taken care of that issue.

Overall, I'm happy with the product and will continue to purchase it until such time as I find something that absorbs oil better - or menopause blesses me with drier skin ;-)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by bonboncat33

I bought this thinking that the clay would help absorb my oily t-zone but it didn't. When you brush it on, a little goes a long way. There is no color so your face doesnt look washed out. However, it didn't keep my face from looking oily, and it didn't shrink my pores as it claims to do. First of all, how can your pores shrink if you haven't gotten a professional facial to remove blockage first? I thought about that after I have been using it for about 2 weeks. For a pricey $28 I'm sure there is something better out there. Going to return it and find something better to keep me less oily and help with my pores.