October 20, 2014 | 1550 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by KinFaith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am SO HAPPY with this powder! I went in to Ulta on a mission about a month ago and came out with a gem :) I apply this powder before school at about 6:45 in the morning and when I get home around 5 in the afternoon my face is STILL matte.Now, I am not gonna lie, by 5 p.m. there might be a small amount of shine on my nose..but that IS IT.I dont re-apply at all during the school day either.My face is SUPER oily.A grease pit.But with this I am much more confident with my face, knowing that I dont look nasty and greasy during the day.Love it, it was worth it.It was $28.00 and it has 6 ingredients. :) What's not to love people? Oh, AND it lasts forever.ALSO, i am 14 years old, and have dealt with oily skin since I was about 11.Thankfully as a freshman this year I found this holy grail.Oily ladies, you will soon be matte ones!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Used to use the BareMinerals Mineral Veil, but found that it could be a little drying or let some oil through during the day. This does just what it says: keeps things balanced and disappears on your skin. Packaging is good; since there is only 1 hole there is less chance of powder explosion :) Just need to squeeze a little to get the right amount out. Love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by kimberleanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For anyone confused on how to dispense this product, it was designed with the micro sized hole for a reason listed on the bronzer box instead of the translucent. You simply push lightly on both sizes of the hole and "the perfect" amount will be dispensed for you. Glad I found this out today because I was definitely getting annoyed trying to figure out how to get the product out of the container and on to my face! Try it out, you'll save a ton of product this way!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by curLRocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only problem I have with the powder is the packaging.. The dispensing hole is extremely tiny. This was a very good idea, but the end product isn't very practical. Though, I would probably prefer this over it spilling all over the place.
Only a small amount is necessary, it mattifies well, but doesn't give a mask like look or feel. A very good product all around.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ebgirl

I love this powder. It's the only powder I've ever used that mattifies yet doesn't look like a white mask and doesn't emphasize lines. It's very light and natural looking and the ingredients seem to be great for the skin. I have very sensitive skin and have not had a reaction to any Tarte products. The only complaint I have is that there is only one tiny little hole to filter out the powder, so I really have to bang on the container to get the powder out. Still, I can't see every using any other powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

Light as air, preserves my makeup, doesn't add a fake powdery finish or odd color. This is the finishing powder I've dreamed of. For combo-skinned women like me, this solves the conundrum of needing a powder to set my foundation, while trying to avoid anything heavy, pore-clogging or aging. I am absolutely thrilled with this powder, especially now that summer is coming on and my face will shine like a neon sign.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by SimplySweetness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So soft, so light. It feels great on my skin. I use it after I apply my Bare Minerals foundation and my skin feels so soft all day. Would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 10:59:00 PM More reviews by fitguineapig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Read rave reviews for this product on Sephora after seeing someone post a glowing review on YouTube. Thought it had to be too good to be true, especially because I was skeptical about the Amazonian clay claims. But I have to say, this product deserves all the praise it's getting. It's so light and natural looking, it does not add an orange layer like many powders when added on top of foundation. It also really helps control oil - so much so that my skin actually looked better after a few days of use. This is a great loose powder for anyone who needs oil control help.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by blast56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love, love , love it! It controls oil all day long, no blotting necessary. It it is translucent and never creases or settles into fine lines. Amazing stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by live4rn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is truly an HG for me! I don't have oily skin. In fact, my skin leans dry so I have to be careful of setting powders. I tried MAC's Prep and Prime and it was so awful and powdery looking! I have also tried everything else from drugstore to Chanel and this Tarte powder is THE BEST I have found. It is not drying, helps keep my makeup on throughout the day and doesn't have any offensive smell (in fact, it doesn't really smell like anything). If I had a complaint it would be that the powder is so finely milled that I lose a little whenever I unscrew the jar. But seriously, no product is perfect and I can deal with losing a little for the benefits. BTW - I had originally gone in to buy TF's Primed and Poreless powder and the SA recommended this instead. I'm glad she did because it works great and it is TWICE the amount of product for the same price as the TF P&P! Will definitely repurchase.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No