September 17, 2014 | 2138 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by woodenshoe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

This truly is a great foundation!
It looks very natural and matte after application and since I have such an oily skin I prefer matte foundations to the ones with the much praised dewy finish. It doesn't give me as much coverage at Guerlain's Parure Extreme but if you combine this foundation with a good and natural looking concealer the end result is great. The only con is the fact that it is so ridiculously expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Product comes in a beautiful glass bottle and looks great going on. Has medium coverage. It gets a shade or 2 darker once it dries. It has a skin finish and looks so great for the first few hours, after that if gets oily and separates on my face. I have dry skin so maybe it was my skin overcompensating for all the alcohol in the product. Also after a week or so i saw that this product was really irritating my skin. It was flaky and dull. I stopped using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from a free sample, and after a day of wearing it everyone said "Oh my goodness did you came from a spa??!!" I was showered with compliments on how much I look good with this foundation. Like what it promised, natural skin, blends well and matte. But unfortunately after a week of use, it broke me out. This was probably the only foundation that gives a natural finish.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Farnhead

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh gosh, this was such a waste of money!!!! Firstly, I was matched wrong, the colour was so dark....I have an olive complexion but still managed to look like a oompa loompa!

I got done by a good sales lady...urgh!

It does have a very nice luxurious texture and it feels so smooth. But it is heavy and dewy and at the same time matte...if that makes sense? My t-zone was more noticable and my dry cheeks looked dry!

I regret buying this. It gave me spots like all the other millions of foundations I have tried.

It's a shame, I really wanted it to work :( I like the guerlain bronzers they are amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 3:59:00 PM More reviews by amethyst02m

There IS a lighter shade of this available - # 01 Beige Pale - for the other pale faces here like me! It's hard to find, but it is available on line at a few sites, including strawberry.net For me that is the shade that blended in best - truly invisible with my skin color. It does have a nice finish and blends easily. As mentioned previously this has a VERY liquid consistency, which I didn't mind.

Unfortunately, it didn't do enough for me to justify spending so much money! My skin has become very tempermental and even with primer and setting powder this wore off my nose and chin by midday. I also found it got oily in general on the rest of my face. Love the shade AND you get a nice amount for what you spend, but not good enough for me personally - I need more coverage and at a price more affordable for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by farhi22310

Ok honestly speaking there isn't enough words that can describe how much I live this foundation mist definitely my HG products.. Name any foundation and I have tried it from mac to bb to Chanel ysl clinique u name it Ive tried it.. Being a girl of colour finding a perfect colour match is extremely hard let alone combining it with finding the right texture and longevity... Eventough it is a on the pricy side I can honest say that if it was twice the price I would still buy it .. I'm a shade 24 if anyone needs to kno .. The thing I also love about this foundation is that it gives you. Amazing coverage with a sheer application I must warn you don't apply to much as you're makeup will look caked on as a little goes a long way.. What sold this foundation to me aside the perfect colour match is that somehow it helps to conceal some blemishes I have underneath the skin which can make my skin look a little bit bumpy but this foundation covers in such a way were it seems to plump up the skin.. Guerlain I love and plz don't ever discontinue this amazing product

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by TroubleMaker21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've always wanted to try a Guerlain foundation, and after reading countless reviews, I decided to try Lingerie de Peau. The beauty consultant at Shoppers Drug Mart used the Rose Clair shade (12), which is a perfect match to my NC20 skin. When she applied it to my skin in the store, she used WAY too much product, and at first I was not impressed at all. It looked heavy. After showering the next morning and applying a light layer, I completely fell in love. I can't stop looking in the mirror and admiring my skin -it looks wonderful!!

This foundation is super light, easy to blend, and gives me light to medium coverage. I'm a little pink in the cheeks, and this evens out my skin tone perfectly. My skin looks so smooth and polished, and feels just as good. It dries down to a semi-matte/satin finish, which imparts a soft amount of 'glow.' It melts into my skin and never looks cakey, thick, heavy or 'off.' It really is like a second skin. I like to set it with my MAC Prep & Prime Transparent Finishing Powder for a truly flawless, poreless (to a degree) look.

My skin is fairly dry, and I don't find this accentuates my dryness whatsoever.

The price is in line with Guerlain -expensive, but worth it if you can afford it. I paid $66 CAD for this. I don't even need to use a full pump, as a little really goes a long way. I like to mix a slight bit of my moisturizer in this for a sheer, luminescent effect. The packaging is sleek, heavy and luxurious. Made out of glass and just feels luxe.

As other posters have mentioned, the shade range is limited. I would encourage anybody who is interested in trying this foundation to obtain a sample and try it out for a few days to see how you like it. I absolutely recommend this; as it's luxurious in every way!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by flyingcolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nice light foundation that evens out my skin without that obvious foundation look. I think this would be great if you already have good skin and you just want to cover up a few minor flaws, but if you're looking for something with full coverage I'd say to try something else. The foundation itself is a runny liquid and you really need very little product for your entire face (I find one pump is enough). It doesn't go cakey when you apply powder on top either. It does settle into my pores a little but I have pores like craters so that happens with just about everything. Primer helps with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2012 10:37:00 AM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have not bought or worn foundation for several years, but I had to go to an event recently where I would be photographed and spent a lot of time researching a good foundation. I decided to try this one, and was matched with Rose Clair 12. So far I really like this foundation. It seems to blend really easily and seamlessly with my skin (I would say I'm between an NC15 and NC20) and looks flawless when I apply it with a MAC 188 brush over a primer and after I've washed, toned, and moisturized. I find I don't have to use a ton of product and the foundation feels really nice on my face. The main reason I stopped wearing foundation in general is because I found I couldn't find one that wouldn't break out my sensitive skin. Whenever I have worn foundation in the past I would feel a pimple creeping up during the day while I was wearing it. So far, I have worn this four or five times and so far so good. I am really happy with this right now, and hopefully that doesn't change!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2012 7:08:00 PM More reviews by aqsa1

I didnt actually buy this. Over the last 3 years on my hg foundation search iv had a couple of tries of this. Its not like sexy underwear for the face its dirty underwear. It looks tired and haggard on my face. Now the reason for this negative rv is because the other day i was desperate for a foundation and am always willing to spend. But the sa in house of fraser refused to colour match me telling me she had no colour suitable for my skin and id be better off on another counter. How rude. I did gi elsewhere but my pride is wounded. This time i was willing to purchase cos im on a good skin trip and thought id make it work with primer or something. The sa attitude was so off that never will i go to guerlain again.