April 20, 2014 | 1745 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by dtupaz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been loyal to Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation; and while the light is the best color for me, sometimes the finish can be on the dry side. I am careful not to use too much because then it is obvious in the sun. Enter Lingerie de Peu, and I may have found a new foundation. I feared that I would not find a color match given their limited range, but a Sephora expert recommended Rose Claire 12 and it is perfect. I have fair skin but not the fairest of the fair like Nicole Kidman. I have some more color and pink undertones. Rose Claire 12 and Rose Natural 13 have a pink base and 12 works so well with my skintone that it actually looks like my skin but better. It is a thin liquid that packs surprising coverage. Yes, it is meant to be light but can build to a medium coverage, enough to cover some age spots, broken capillaries, uneven skintone, post-acne marks, and mild acne. I put a second layer on some of these concerns and they covered up and did not look cakey at all. Most importantly for me, it blended seamlessly and looked great in any light, even outside. So far, I love it. If that changes, of course I will update this review. I doubt you will be hearing from me again, or at least for a long time. :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

This is a wonderful foundation! The coverage is medium buildable, and the finish is what I would call natural, slightly dewy. I tried Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua over the summer and I thought that was really a great medium coverage foundation but I like Lingerie De Peau better - it has more coverage and it also has a nicer finish. It looks more polished. The wear throughout the day is very good - I have no problems with it melting off (like I do with Chanel Mat Lumiere for instance). The color range is the only bad thing about this. 01 was probably about the depth I wanted, but a little pink, so I add some 02 to it and mix the two (1 to 2 ratio). Then I end up with about the right shade. (I am about N/NC15). Also I felt like this does oxidize a bit (seriously most foundations do) so keep that in mind when you are swatching. I also have no acne breakouts due to this, which is huge for me. I will use this most of the time, then when I need a lot of coverage Ill use my old HG, Lancome Teint Idole. Im already thinking about what shade Ill need in the summer - that's how much I love this!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Whateverandever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved the way it made my skin look when it was first applied. however, after using it for a couple weeks my skin was really dry and irritated. it took me awhile to figure out what it was. I had a makeup free weekend and my skin started looking better. then, Sunday night I put on a little makeup for having dinner with friends...just this product, some blush, and a little eyeliner. By the time dinner was over my skin was tight, flakey irritated, red, terrible terrible terrible.

Apparently this product doesn't cause this problem for some of the other people here. But I would recommend--if at all possible--that you get a large sample of this product to test it out before you buy. I hope I will be able to return mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by ktlauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Though I've only been using this foundation for a short time (about a week), I'm convinced I've found my HG. I bought Bobbi Brown's Natural Finish Lasting Foundation and loved the natural look but broke out almost immediately and the foundation did little to cover acne and scars.

After several trials, testers and store visits, I finally settled on this foundation. I'm very, very fair (blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles and all) and the lightest shade is still ever-so-slightly dark for my skin. But the look and feel of this foundation is so fantastic, I am comfortable overlooking that issue. I use Nars Powder Foundation on top to lighten the color and keep a more matte look.

With my acne-prone, combo (oily) skin, I have gotten used to the caked-on, overdone makeup look and thought I was doomed to this for life. But this foundation completely evens out my skin color without looking like I have tons of makeup on. In fact, for the first few days, I didn't even use powder. Looks like my natural skin but better. The finish is a natural matte, with a touch of satin.

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have full-coverage. But it does, however, diminish the look of my pores, the color of my blemishes and make my skin look like it's naturally gorgeous. This is a first for me!

Highly recommend to those seeking a medium coverage, natural looking foundation. Will update if I experience any breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by hootie2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has a beautiful finish and light/medium coverage. It is just a bit oily on me but tolerable. It is the only foundation I have found that doesn't irritate or break me out. I am NW20 and I got O2 beige clair. Its a pretty good match and it does oxidize a little right after application but none after that.
UPDATE: This is still really nice foundation but the color seemed to oxidize on me but only in spots. My husband says I am imagining this but I don't think so. And the coverage was a little too much for me. It doesn't break me out though so I may repurchase anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 9:35:00 AM More reviews by CdnSusen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm VERY particular about what goes on my facial skin and feel good using Lingerie. The packaging is not only elegant & beatiful, but sanitary. The consistency is creamy, luxurious, with just the right amount of slip. It applies beautiully, blends like a dream and the finish is gorgeous, natural & dewy. I have very dry skin and I find it moisturizing. It makes my skin look even, natural, dewy, healthy and airbrushed. My Nars cream blush slips over Lingerie beautifully. And it doesn't budge, slide off , disappear all day. I look just as fresh & glowy at 8pm as I did at 6 am when I first applied it.

I agree, Guerlain absolutely MUST expand its colour range, although for me 04 is a perfect match. Other than that, it's my HG foundation.
I LOVE it!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Ljana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an incredible foundation in my opinion. Now don't get me wrong, it has its weaknesses too, but its strong points are...well, so strong that I am prepared to put up with the faults.
Its best feature is its finish - freshly applied, this gives the most beautiful, soft-focused, healthy, hydrated finish to the skin. I am rarely tempted to study my face up close in the mirror, I'm more of a put-the-slap-on-and-run type of makeup user, but until I got used to this, I frequently found myself admiring its finish in the mirror. It's dewy, but not overly so - a long way from the dewiness of Chanel's Vitalumiere, which can make some skin types appear too oily. The skin just seems so silky and fresh with this.
It's also very easy to apply - the consistency is fairly fluid and blends well. I always use my fingers to apply foundation and this method yields a great result with LdP - neat and smooth.
The coverage is quite light, but it layers well, up to medium. It can't take you any further than that, but it is supposed to be a light coverage foundation, so fair enough.
As for its weak points, there are two major ones. The first is the shade range - we can only hope Guerlain will eventually expand it on both ends of the spectrum. However, there ARE lighter shades than 02 and 12, but are quite difficult to find. I chose Rose Clair 12, which is a bit rosier and darker than I'd like, but I can get away with it due to the light coverage. I've heard that Guerlain's flagship boutique in Paris (68 Avenue des Champs Élysées 75008 Paris) carries all shades they make, so if anyone gets a chance to go there, it might be worth having a look.
The other disadvantage is that it's not hydrating enough for dry skin. Normal skin should be fine with it, but very dry skin will need a hydrating primer or a heavier moisturizer underneath it.
Finally, it seems many people are confused by the difference between LdP and Parure Aqua. Since I have both, I thought I'd add a short comparison. Firstly, Aqua is more moisturizing and feels more comfortable on my face after a long day (no alcohol in that one!). It also has a thicker consistency: whereas LdP is a standard thinner liquid, PA is more of a gel-mousse, which makes it a bit harder to apply and blend, but it makes up for it in coverage - Aqua gives medium coverage, which is still a long way from full, but is by no means light. If layered, it will cover under-eye circles, minor blemishes and capillaries. However, it does not have that magical, angelic finish - it's a fairly standard, natural, run-of-the-mill finish. In short, LdP looks amazing and feels nice, Aqua feels amazing and looks nice. Normally, I'd find it strange that the dewier of the two should be more drying, but LdP belongs to the new generation of weightless, your-skin-but-better foundations (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Lancome Teint Miracle, Dior Nude etc.) which all contain quite a lot of alcohol. To sum up, LdP and Aqua are both great foundations - it's just a question of picking the one that suits your needs best. Or buying both, if you are a foundation addict like myself.

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I never had luck with Guerlain's foundations, because I could never find a shade light enough for me, and they all broke me out.
In Lingerie de Peau, I still cannot find a good match. Beige Clair is way too yellow on me, so I got the Rose Clair, but it is still darker than my neck. I look like I have a slight tan!
That aside, this is the first Guerlain foundation that doesn't break me out. I have oily skin, and it doesn't make it oilier or greasy, actually it looks like I have a nice healthy glow all day long. I love the consistency, the spreadability and how it feels on my face, like I have nothing at all.
I have some old acne marks, and even though this is not full coverage, it masks them pretty well and it looks like I have nice skin.
What I like to do to remedy the shade problem, and to up its coverage, is mix 3/4 of this with 1/4 EL DW in Shell, which is actually a little too light for me. They work great together, the result is a foundation that's lighter in color, covers very well, but still feels like nothing on, and looks like I glow from within.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wish I didn't love this foundation as much as I do because it's on the pricey side but, believe me, it is worth it. Right now, I'm working my way through a generous sample of this in shade 12/Rose Clair, though I'm not entirely certain this is the best colour match for me (I'm going to try Beige Clair or Beige Naturel before committing to a full bottle). I cannot believe how beautifully this foundation performs. It applies so easily and I don't have to worry about my perpetual problem of foundation highlighting the pores beside my nose by settling into "dots" - this foundation is the first one I've tried that never seems to do this (with my others - MAC MatchMaster and ProLongwear, Clarins Everlasting and Skin Illusion - this can sometimes still be a problem so they take a bit of extra time and care to apply). And it has SPF of 20! It also wears very well which is surprising in something that feels so light and looks so natural but it looks almost as good at the end of the day on my problem areas as it did when it was first applied!

The price of this foundation is somewhat steep but so far, the performance does justify spending more than I usually do. However, I think I will wait til I'm more sure of my colour match and then "purchase" this with my SDM points, which basically means I'll be getting it for free and just paying the taxes and maybe a few bucks of the cost.

UPDATE: After returning to Sephora to check out the other shades I was considering, it turned out that Rose Claire was the best match for me (the Beige Clair was too yellow and Beige Naturel was way too dark). I now have a full sized bottle and continue to be surprised and very pleased by how well this foundation performs. The instructions say to apply with your fingers (probably because Guerlain doesn't have a foundation brush that they can sell you) but most of the time, I use a brush, though yesterday, I used my fingers and, again, the results were astoundingly good. I've worn it with and without a powder to set it and either way, it still looks great. Really a great foundation and worth the price because of the excellent results it delivers. I wish I could wear drugstore foundations but none of the ones I've tried look at all good on me. I've wasted more than the price of this bottle of foundation trying out Revlon, L'Oreal, etc. I'll stick with this because it works.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

That is one AMAZING foundation. I do not give 5 stars to a foundation that often.
I was skeptical when I swatched it at the counter as it went super sheer and I thought "this will not provide enough coverage for me".
Boy, I was wrong! I was given a sample in Beige 02 and I tried it at home.
OMG! I was in awe! it is so feather light you cannot feel it on your skin. It's like naked skin but smooth and flawless.
It's true, it's not covering everything in one coat. I had to apply a second coat to make my melasma disappear.
But it worked, and the result is SUPER natural and flawless... it's like angel skin, miles away from the cakey face a haevy duty foundation like Double wear gives (or Guerlain Parure Extreme, that's heavy too).
Lingerie de Peau compares to Chantecaille Future skin, in my opinion.
It's not super longlasting, you have to power it up again after a few hours, but the l skin literally GLOWS (well I also used come Guerlain Meteorites on top, that helps with the glow!). But I never had such good skin in months.
I totally recommend this one and need a FB ASAP!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No