October 26, 2014 | 1046 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by mrclark2

I will never buy another Garnier product after using this atrocity. I'm surprised they don't have a lawsuit on their hands. It is absolutely disgusting that I paid $13 for a product that made my hair FALL OUT! The fact that this sh*t is still on the shelves makes me more nauseous than I was from the smell from it's application.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by amymullen8267

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Do not use this product. I had really nice hair for one night and my ends have been snapping off ever since. Even worse, if it could be worse, I can not get the smell out of my hair. It has been weeks, and within one day of washing my hair the smell is back, it smells like burnt peanut butter. thats the only way i can describe it. I didnt think it was possible to make hair smell this way for this long. and I followed the directions to a T. They were pretty simple. It's crazy. Dont use this, it should be taken off the market!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by sandra72779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This one of the worst product ever!!! Do they not test this stuff. It is awful, plain awful, .. The first part smells like sewage, rotten disgusting horrible. Then to top it off, it ruined my hair. Yes my hair is colored, but it was like the worst product ever, I would love to sue these people!!!! DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by dorinda67

My poor hair is fried. : ( YAY they are reimbursing me for the $10.99 I spent. BUT WHAT ABOUT MY DESTROYED HAIR!!!!!!!???????????
My hair is color treated, however it has been at least 6 weeks since it has been treated. I followed the directions exactly. I was drawn in by the "smooth" sell. My hair is naturally straight, however, I was looking for a nice silky, smooth outcome. What I got was fried. I wish I was smart enough to have read the reviews here... prior to use. Oh well. If anybody out there files a lawsuit.... count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Studiouslaura

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm one of the lucky ones who used this without having the clumps, or fallout, or any of the other terrible results that others have discussed. Yes, it stinks. My God does it stink. Holy Mary Mother of God it stinks.

Have I mentioned the smell?

So I used it the night before I was headed to see my husband and was shocked that my hair actually did what I wanted it to do. It was shiny, it didn't have the obnoxious little pieces that stick out everywhere, it was exactly how I wanted it to look.

I don't know that it lasted as long as they claim it would (I didn't keep up with how many shampoos before the effects wore off, but I'm going to say that 7 would be highly, highly unlikely), but for the first few days, my hair was awesome.

I have fine hair, that's not damaged (no dye in years), and it's to about my shoulders.

In light of the reviews, I don't know that I would recommend it to others, since there's clearly an issue here with something in the product, but I was a lucky user, I guess.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by kwornall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought and used this product without researching-BIG MISTAKE! I have long, thick, course, healthy hair that does get frizzy in humid weather. I saw this product advertised in a magazine, went to the store, bought it & used it when I returned home. First off-the smell! My kids came into my room & asked me if someone died in there. Second-when I was blow drying my hair, it was breaking off. I was staring in disbelief that I was so stupid as to use this without doing research. I even tried a really good deep conditioner since this junk dried my once beautiful hair out so badly. Didn't work. I hope I can save another poor soul from using this horrible product. If I could give it no stars, I would. DO NOT USE!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by rrww05

STAY FARRRRRR AWAY FROM THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!
Okay, here we go. I had extremely healthy hair which I absolutely loved. It was in great condition, and I simply wanted to try this product out of curiosity- I love trying new things. I figured the worse outcome would be that it simply didn't work. I WAS WRONG.

After following the directions to a "T", I rinsed out "step one"....along with the product coming out, so did half of my hair. Literally. I have piles of hair that burned off after using this product. My hair is so brittle and damaged, it literally breaks off my touching it. I cry every time I have to wash or comb it, because more just keeps coming out. Not to mention my hair looks absolutely disgusting. I called into work the 1st day, and when I showed the next, everyone gasped when they saw me. I feel so ugly thanks to Garnier. I called the 800 number on the box today and they have a special number for users of the "blow dry perfecter"....that should tell you something right there. The supervisor I spoke to said she was "absolutely shocked" but immediately offered compensation for my visit to a salon to have a conditioning treatment done. Hopefully it will not be long before this product is off the shelf. DO NOT USE IT.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by adischi

I'm surprised at all the bad reviews. I tried this today and it's super warm and humid out and my hair looks like I stepped out of the salon (results I've achieved on my own only once or twice in my lifetime). Normally the cowlick in my bangs would be all screwball by now but my bangs are sleek and straight.
It's true that the smell of step one is pretty horrid (think perm/salon smell) but even if all I get is one great day out of this treatment, I will use it again and again.
For the record, I have fairly fine hair but the slightest humidity makes it frizz and go ten-ways-to-hell. It's color treated and I typically blow dry every other day. I only used about two quarter sized dollops of each step, since I was fearful after having read all the neg. reviews here. Maybe those with bad results should have scaled back on the amounts?

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by jungleprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product does work ,but it is not for every hair type,i must agree that i did not like the smell of it,but the after conditioner that you put in does smell very yummy.I do dye my hair monthly so that is why i say i will not use it again i hate waiting the 2 weeks like the box says.
It did not damage my hair at all,i felt after i blowdried it did look a lot more smooth and shiny and im onto wash 5 now so its still looking pretty good.
Just make sure you wait the 2 weeks after dying and dont use it on damaged hair and it does work.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2010 8:48:00 PM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

********EDIT: Apparently Garnier thinks were all a bunch of morons. If you read the most recent positive reviews on this stuff you will find something disturbing. The people who wrote them registered for MUA, wrote their positive 5 star review, logged off & haven't returned since. SKETCHY MUCH?!?! SERIOUSLY STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRENDOUS PRODUCT. Clearly this company couldn't give two squats because something is definitely up & they don't care that your beautiful hair is melting, breaking & simply falling out. Instead of spending time pulling this disgusting product off the shelf, they are having people write shady reviews. You'll also notice that several consecutive reviews have just ONE VOTE saying the review wasn't helpful....HMMMMMM. SHAME ON YOU GARNIER. I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER use any Garnier products ever again. They have wasted your time, your money & your confidence. BE CAREFUL********

I am not writing this review for myself, but for several customers of mine. Even though I did not personally experience the horrid mess this sh*t causes, I really hope that someone looking to try this product will read these reviews & for sure think twice. Anyways. Two of my frequent (non-related) customer wanted to give this a try. They asked me for my input, though I had never tried it, I advised them to stay away simply because of the "warning" it lists. Both of them decided to try it. Well, yesterday one of the customers came back to me & wanted a refund. Of course we refunded her money...but what really just...shocked us, was that she brought in a ziplock back FULL of the hair that broke off due to this product. I mean, handfuls of this young lady's gorgeous hair was all fried up. It literally looked like what you'd clean out of a dog brush. So sad. Well, today. My other customer came in seeking a refund for the same reason. She didn't bring me her hair, but she was embarrassed in showing me what it did to her. Just random chunks of hair gone. She said it MELTED?!!!! WTH. This product is deeply disturbing. Now, working where I work, I have access to email Garnier & their reps & distributors and ask WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON! I hope you ladies don't mind, but I am compiling a file of these reviews to email (I will keep your username private, of course) Something needs to be done. & Those who have lost their hair over this deserve to be compensated. STAY FAR AWAY from this product!!! PLEASE.

*****EDIT****** I have received several emails from fellow MUA-ers sharing their experience. Please feel free to send me your thoughts/reviews/complaints as I have been in communication with Garnier. They said they were "shocked" to read these reviews (they worded it as if i made the whole thing up) and they assured me that this product was tested in several aspects carefully before released. YEAH, RIGHT. Also, I will NOT be sharing their email address, per the terms & conditions of my job. I could get in serious trouble & I know this has caused a bad situation for a lot of you, but it is not worth my job. Thank you for understanding!

34 out of 35 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No