July 28, 2014 | 2130 users online

Mascara - Christian Dior - DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by glamourglitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does make your lashes fat and long! As a lash primer its crap it makes my mascara nasty and clumpy. But when you apply it a night as a serum or youíre having a lazy day at home and put it on in the morning while you do chores, Hw, etc itís a-w-e some! It does make my eyes water a little sometimes and I did frustrated the first week I had it because I didnít think it was working. I donít know what happened after that week but my lashes started plumping. I use it two or three times a week and I have to say my lashes are about 30% longer and a lot fuller especially the bottom lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 5:07:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff only added to the clumping, I hated it. I think I will try Shishedo next or no primer at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Mands39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first primer. Sephora had the sample size of this and the DiorShow classic. I have used the mascara before but I have been dying to use the primer. If you can find the sample, I would suggest trying to grab it now!

Overall it did give a nice 'oomph' to my Asian eyelashes. I have used Dior Blackout and I don't feel it did anything for my lashes. The only problem I have with this sample is that the product is not wrapping around the wand very well.

I do think it is worth trying if you have the extra $$ and are extremely curious. I almost bought the full size, it was in my hot little hand until I saw the sample sizes of the two. It keeps the lashes soft and I did not get the racoon smudge eyes that I tend to get, despite using waterproof mascaras (the sample mascara is NOT waterproof and no smudging!)

For reference, I hardly wear mascara because I don't think the pros outweigh the cons. I would rather suck it up and wear falsies. [First time I used the two products, I used elf natural looking lashes with it and my lashes were gorgeous!!] I do believe there are better substitutes (not dupes, mind you) for those with eyelashes like mine, where mascara is not a daily part of your routine.

[update] I wanted to see if Maybelline's clear gel was a possible dupe...no way!! I tried them side by side and there was an unmistakable difference between them. I am definitely purchasing the full size! I now wear mascara every day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 3:04:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Have been wanting it for quite a while and I am not disappointed. Gives quite a boost to your eyelashes without being excessive. I use it together with Dior iconic mascara and get an impressive result. My eyelashes are naturally quite full but short. The result I get is full long lashes (mind you, I get the same result if I apply two layers of the Iconic mascara!). No smudging, flaking etc. I have been using Maximizer for 2 months but haven't noticed any particular lash-care benefit whatsoever. It's just a part of my make-up routine, point. I would re-purchase (given that I have some extra money for it in my budget) but it won't be #1 on my wish list. It's just a little very good product I can live without in my make-up bag.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mmmgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this primer irritated my eyes. When I stopped using it, the redness went away. Even if it hadn't caused a reaction, I still would not repurchase this. It did not help with smudging, nor did it add enough length and thickness to make it any better than other primers.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Kalos

I bought this from all the rave reviews. My lashes are medium length oriental/asian, permed with the LVL system (For those of you with very straight lashes, this is AMAZING).

I wanted it for a long time, but the price put me off. At first I wasn't sure how to use it i.e. before bed like a night cream/serum or just before putting on mascara as a base coat. I tried both and because it comes out white it looked really weird on it's own so I'm now using it as a base coat before mascara.

I've tried it with a few mascaras (Hypnose, Elizabeth Arden Double density and Clarins Instant definition) and to be honest I'm not noticing a huge difference with or without the serum. I can't really tell if it's improving the condition of my lashes as I started LVL around the same time as the serum. Because I haven't noticed a huge difference and it is very expensive, I probably won't buy this again. As this seems to be the top rated lash serum/primer I also doubt that I will bother trying any others either.

However the formula and consistency was good, it was thick and went on easily. The brush is easy to control and there's just the right amount of mascara on the brush because of this I think I will try some of the Dior mascaras...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Jenstarlast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried this twice so far and I am really liking it. I have been using it under my Cover Girl Lash Blast. It does take a while to get enough product coating the lashes, which makes me wonder if there is not much in the tube. I kind of have to twirl the wand around to get the product on the wand. I have noticed that you should not go back and forth much or do a second coat with this or it will get too thick (spider lash), but some may like that much volume. My lashes have never looked this great with any mascara and I will repurchase this whenever possible, as it is costly. But, for these lashes, wow, I am impressed! I have only tried the primers that come with dual ended mascaras at the drugstore and this blows those away! Great item and very glad I bought it! HG so far!

Update 11/8/11 - I have been using this for just a little while (a week or so?) daily. I am already having a harder and harder time getting enough product to completely coat my lashes out of the tube. This is a shame because you really need to apply mascara before this is dry or you get spider lashes. When it takes longer to apply this step, some of it already starts to dry by the time I put mascara on. I will have to try just doing one eye at a time with this + mascara. Still, not giving up, as it did make a huge difference before!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2011 6:28:00 PM More reviews by ayabug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have short, straight Asian lashes (recently made longer with RevitaLash). I'm a bit of an eyelash fanatic. I was hesitant to buy this since I didn't want to add another step to my morning routine, but after reading reviews I decided to give it a go. It makes my eyelashes longer, thicker, well-defined without being clumpy and holds curl all day. It's easy to remove. Though it adds another product to my daily routine, I don't think it actually takes anymore time because I have to do just one quick swipe with my mascara now, instead of what I used to do which was the wiggle-swipe-repeat x20 routine. The only downside is price (this plus mascara comes to about $60 which seems a little ridiculous for my eyelashes....and yet...). When I bought this I came straight home and removed my eye makeup and put this and mascara on. About five minutes later, while milling around the kitchen my boyfriend said (not knowing I had a new product), "Wow. Your eyelashes look really long today." This product is a keeper!! Not quiet a HG, but works like a charm and I definitely love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This does nothing for my lashes. It takes a long time to dry and when it is applied under mascara it removes the volume if anything and makes the lashes straight. The white shade is just a gimmick to make people think it's a serum rather than a mascara. They could easily produce this in a black shade but it makes the person applying it believe there is a greater impact because their lashes are transformed from white to black after they've applied their mascara.
I haven't noticed any difference to the length or volume of my lashes but if I do I will add it to this review. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by erika21

This is a fantastic primer to be applied before the mascara. Just a light coat will make my lashes look even longer and thicker than before. I don't mind it being white and not transparent in colour as the white can't be seen once I go over it with my mascara. Less is more with the lash plumping serum and you must be careful not to apply too much as it can cause your clashes to clump together. Now that I've seen the differences that this products makes to my lashes, I'm never going without it again. It's expensive @SGD 46, but I will certainly repurchase.