August 1, 2014 | 1903 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti You Curl No Clamp Curling Iron

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

I bought this after trying my sisters and loving it! I use it for special occasions only as my hair is typically in a ponytail. but if i want to get dressed up and fancy i use this. my hair is very thick and has some wave and is just below the shoulders. it takes about 10 minutes start to finish. my complaint is that the tip is tapered and my hair always slides down to the tip. also i am constantly turning it off by mistake as i am styling. but it gives nice waves quickly and easily. also use it on my 3 year old daughters long blond hair. her hair is very thick too and it only takes me about 5 minutes to give her a headful of perfect ringlets. LOVE

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:20:00 PM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This actually curls my hair. Why can't the hot tools irons I recently bought (and returned) do that? I'm not in love with the super curly look it gives, it reminds me a lot of the look I get from my deep waver. I am in love with the fact it actually works. Still playing around with it to find something that suits me. Pros: Curls easily and they actually last; Relatively inexpensive; Cons: Tapered barrel annoys me as my hair always slides to the little end; Easy to get burned and the gloves it came with are a joke - too bulky and clumsy to work with hair (I will have to try the knit glove recommended by another reviewer); Less versatile than a curling iron with a clamp, but at least it does its one thing well. Target currently has it for $29.99

UPDATE: I ended up returning this. I got a Cortex 4 in 1 clipless curling iron set and it really made this redundant. Changing out the barrels takes some patience, but I find I like the look from a non-tapered barrel better. Still loved the infiniti, and now that it comes in XL, I would like it even better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by hazel80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by cturtle16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have never been able to create a curly look with regular curling irons. This thing is so easy and the curls look amazing! It only took me two tries to get the exact look I see in magazines, but was never able to recreate! Got it on sale at Ulta and 20% additional off!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best curling iron I've had. I've owned both regular and spiral irons, but with this one I can get better, more defined spiral curls than with all the others.
I have thin long hair and I used the 360 degrees heat setting and it worked great, and the curls stayed until I washed my hair (usually they drop pretty fast). I didn't even use hairspray. I don't know how damaging it is in the long run, but I am using heat protection anyway.
I find it easier to use than the conventional irons with clamps, you just wrap the hair around the rod, hold for a few seconds, release...voila!
The way the settings are placed doesn't bother me at all, I thought it might because many people complained about it, but no, that did not happen to me.
I love this iron and it's all I'll be using from now on.
EDIT : A few months later, it's still my favourite styling tool. Actually it became my only one, as now I love the way my hair looks curly. I am also happy to report that I am using it on the lowest heat setting (310F) with the same awesome results as the 360F setting, so it helps me get away with less heat on my hair - yayyyy!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by trinidoodlebug

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This iron creates the loveliest spiral curls that really do last. I used it to curl my daughter's hair for an event and she received so many compliments. There is a learning curve using this iron, so I advise to practice a few times first. After you get the hang of it, you can make beautifully formed curls in no time flat. My iron came with a little half glove that is useless. Since I like to curl down to the end of the hair, I found that a knit "magic glove" that expands to fit the size of your hand, works great. Although I wouldn't advise wrapping your fingers around the barrel with the glove, it certainly protects your skin from being burned when you accidentally touch the hot iron. I can usually find these gloves 2 pair /$1 at my local drugstore or Target.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by Pitbullheart71

This is an amazing product! I was a little worried that my natural clumsiness would make this hard to use, but it's really fast and easy after a few practice sessions. I have not burned my fingers once. I am very impressed with the results- long -lasting beautiful curls!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Dq287

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just got this yesterday, and it's amazing! I watched a few youtube videos on how to do it, tried it out today and got comments all day (some from random strangers) about how pretty my hair was. When I told an employee at Lush that it was fake curls with a curling iron she was surprised. AND... when I just combed my hair out before taking a bath, the curls still stayed in place and turned into looser free flowing waves....awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 11:22:00 PM More reviews by aweyhrauch

I was skeptical to buy this at first. But I love it! I have owned it for awhile, and have gotten it down to a rhythm on how to use it best with my hair.

At first it was a little complicated trying to maneuver and figure out how to use it, but now all is well! It gives me the prettiest curls. I wear my hair in lose curls, more like waves. I don't like anything to tight. And the results are gorgeous!! I love it, this was well worth the money. Totally worth buying!!
:D LOVE IT

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by khaag

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this curling iron. The curls stay so well and it makes the most beautiful curls. I'm tossing my other clamp curling iron in the trash :)