Conair Infiniti You Curl No Clamp Curling Iron

4.6

on 3/7/2011 5:51:00 PM

Love this!!!!! My hair is crazy hard to curl, and on a whim today I purchased this, and LOVE it! I'm amazed that my curls lasted all day (it was even raining here today-no jokes!) I would totally suggest this to anyone!! : )

on 3/5/2011 11:11:00 AM

I LOOOOVE this curler. My hair stands dead straight and I usually lose curls by the end of the night but this Curler is magic. It creates the best curls I've ever had on my head, just be careful as it get really hot :)

on 3/2/2011 10:07:00 PM

i absolutley LOVE this curler my hair does not no matter what i do curl but for some reason with this i had absolutley no problem :)
i got it for christmas and its really a great product

on 2/25/2011 7:55:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Okay guys this is my first review! But I feel so strongly about this iron, I had to :) I have lots of hair but it is very fine. I live in an EXTREMELY humid city also. I was starting to accept the fact that the look I wanted was never gonna happen... Until.... I was at the mall and some lady tried to sell me a conical clampless iron, which worked amazing.... For 200 bucks! I then came home and tried wrapping around my normal curling iron without clamping... Even went so far as to remove the clamp! Lol. Well, the results sucked. I was sad and then I found this at walgreens for 40 bucks! and snatched it up! It's not just being clamp free that makes such a huge diff, it's the amazing conical design. I can do loose Kim kardashian waves or tight Taylor swift waves. Some people complain about the learning curve, but I looked at it more as just experimenting. I had it down pat after using it twice. The looks you can create are endless! I have recommended this to every woman who has complimented my hair. If u buy it at walgreens, u can return if you don't like it! You have nothing to lose :) my only complaint is the glove that came with it was designed to fit an alien. I don't use it anyway though. This is my fav tool of all... And I have A LOT. get it! There are more expensive versions but cOnair is the only brand who has come out with this model at a more affordable level... And I lOve them for it! (sry for typos I am typing on phone) :) XOXO

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've owned this for a while but just recently took the time to give it a whirl. I do like it but I'm a little too dexterity challenged for this. I didn't like the 3 finger glove it came with (too awkward). It took me about half my head to find the right angle to hold the iron for best results and I did burn myself a few times. I first held the iron upright and weaved the hair around it which gives nice even curls from root to tip but awkward to do. I tried holding the iron upside down and wraping hair around it which is easier to do but the hair tends to slide down the narrow end and bunching up. Also, it's hard to secure the thin end of the hairs around the barrel causing you to potentially burn your finger tips. I have thick long hair and set the temp on the highest. I was amazed of how fast it heated up! I feel that it does a real nice job creating curl. This iron gives nice natural spirals not those overdone Sherly Temple banana curls. My hair never curled that well with other irons. With other irons, by the time I was done with one side, the other side would loose curl already and it took forever to complete. The Conair Infiniti curls fast (about 12-15 seconds per section on thick long hair). Also, with just a little hairspray, my curls stayed put all night long. Overall, a good quaity iron for a cheap price ($29.99 @ Ulta). I do recommend this iron and practice does make perfect!

on 2/17/2011 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I bought this after trying my sisters and loving it! I use it for special occasions only as my hair is typically in a ponytail. but if i want to get dressed up and fancy i use this. my hair is very thick and has some wave and is just below the shoulders. it takes about 10 minutes start to finish. my complaint is that the tip is tapered and my hair always slides down to the tip. also i am constantly turning it off by mistake as i am styling. but it gives nice waves quickly and easily. also use it on my 3 year old daughters long blond hair. her hair is very thick too and it only takes me about 5 minutes to give her a headful of perfect ringlets. LOVE

on 2/4/2011 3:20:00 PM

This actually curls my hair. Why can't the hot tools irons I recently bought (and returned) do that? I'm not in love with the super curly look it gives, it reminds me a lot of the look I get from my deep waver. I am in love with the fact it actually works. Still playing around with it to find something that suits me. Pros: Curls easily and they actually last; Relatively inexpensive; Cons: Tapered barrel annoys me as my hair always slides to the little end; Easy to get burned and the gloves it came with are a joke - too bulky and clumsy to work with hair (I will have to try the knit glove recommended by another reviewer); Less versatile than a curling iron with a clamp, but at least it does its one thing well. Target currently has it for $29.99

UPDATE: I ended up returning this. I got a Cortex 4 in 1 clipless curling iron set and it really made this redundant. Changing out the barrels takes some patience, but I find I like the look from a non-tapered barrel better. Still loved the infiniti, and now that it comes in XL, I would like it even better.

on 2/4/2011 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

love it!

on 2/3/2011 5:55:00 PM

I have never been able to create a curly look with regular curling irons. This thing is so easy and the curls look amazing! It only took me two tries to get the exact look I see in magazines, but was never able to recreate! Got it on sale at Ulta and 20% additional off!

on 1/31/2011 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is by far the best curling iron I've had. I've owned both regular and spiral irons, but with this one I can get better, more defined spiral curls than with all the others.
I have thin long hair and I used the 360 degrees heat setting and it worked great, and the curls stayed until I washed my hair (usually they drop pretty fast). I didn't even use hairspray. I don't know how damaging it is in the long run, but I am using heat protection anyway.
I find it easier to use than the conventional irons with clamps, you just wrap the hair around the rod, hold for a few seconds, release...voila!
The way the settings are placed doesn't bother me at all, I thought it might because many people complained about it, but no, that did not happen to me.
I love this iron and it's all I'll be using from now on.
EDIT : A few months later, it's still my favourite styling tool. Actually it became my only one, as now I love the way my hair looks curly. I am also happy to report that I am using it on the lowest heat setting (310F) with the same awesome results as the 360F setting, so it helps me get away with less heat on my hair - yayyyy!

Popular Hair Styling Tools