November 21, 2014 | 1923 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by quince94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have expected more! After reading all these reviews, I thought that it would be my new favorite lip balm and that it would really nourish my lips, especially during winter. Of course, it is 97% natural, so there is nothing that can go wrong. But it was wrong. My lips started chapping after using this product and I have never had that problem before! It looked really ugly and I sure will not be using this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Burt Bee's Mango Butter lip balm smells great, and it moisturizes my lips really well. The product has no taste. It's been great using it this winter and I always find myself passing up all my other lip balms for this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like the smell of this balm, with the sweet mango flavor. It's smooth going on and does a fairly decent job moisturizing. However, I have to keep reapplying on my lips for the product to stay on, and it has a soapy flavor. I much prefer the original burts bees balm compared to this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by lch4f

I usually buy the original peppermint Burt's Bees balm but decided to give this one a try. It glides on really smooth and is as moisturizing as Chapstick (which is always in my makeup case) - but with a better flavor. I prefer the Mango Butter lip balm to the Pomegranate Oil lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

I love Burt's Bees! Had to grab this when it first came out and was instantly met with the smell of mangoes. It's very nourishing and glides on beautifully, as opposed to the original BB which feels a bit more waxy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Fruitable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. Seriously. The smell is divine. I seriously take it out just to smell it, and sometimes when I'm having a bad day, its smell makes me happier.

However, it doesn't nourish or moisturize ... at least not in the long run. It stays on for about half an hour, and for the first five minutes my lips feel silky smooth and absolutely amazing. Then it feels drier, or however my lips were before I applied this balm. It doesn't dry out my lips, it just doesn't do anything.

If I put a gloss over this, after the products dry up, my lips feel a lot better. So maybe if this mango balm didn't dry up so quickly, it would actually help my lips. But alone, it's rather useless.

I'm still going to use it under a gloss, because it does help my lips to a certain extent. I'm not going to buy another one, because it just doesn't do anything without a gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this! I used the one with the pomegranate oil before, and I also like that as well, but I kind of prefer the scent of this more. I think it moisturizes pretty much the same amount, but it's a tiny bit lighter and a little bit less waxy, so I like that. It's pretty cheap. I have no issues with it whatsoever, so I totally recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Eh, I'm not impressed. I've tried all of the Burt's Bees line, thinking this would be just as stellar as the others, and frankly, it's just ok. My reasoning is because I don't think this added any moisture to my lips. In fact, I think this is teetering on the drying side of the fence, meaning that I think it actually took some of the moisture my lips already had away. At the end of the day my lips were more dry with this than without. The scent is amazing though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say, this product is completely different from the original minty one that Burt's Bees has come out with. I LOVE this mango chapstick, it definitely is the type of chapstick I like to carry around with me, especially with how moisturizing it is for my lips! It lasts quite a while, I would say longer than my YTC Melon chapstick! It was $2.99 but worth it :) I definitely would keep purchasing this, it makes my lips soft and smooth, no cracking/chapped lips here!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ochocho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

MUA, you've done it again. I have been looking for a great lip balm because as winter approaches, my lips are super chapped. i tried the regular burt's bees lip balm (the peppermint one) but it made my lips super dry. so for a while i doubted burt's bees products until i looked up the ratings of lip balmson MUA and found the one with mango butter! oh goodness, i can't even describe how amazing it is. the smell is absolutely wonderful because it actually smells like mangoes. to be more specific, it smells like mangoes with a dash of orange but nevertheless heavenly! also, here's no aftertaste. it seems to moisturize immediately which is a huge plus! best of all, it's 1005 natural. def my HG lip balm.