April 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

I love Burt's Bees! Had to grab this when it first came out and was instantly met with the smell of mangoes. It's very nourishing and glides on beautifully, as opposed to the original BB which feels a bit more waxy.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2010 3:59:00 PM More reviews by Fruitable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product. Seriously. The smell is divine. I seriously take it out just to smell it, and sometimes when I'm having a bad day, its smell makes me happier.

However, it doesn't nourish or moisturize ... at least not in the long run. It stays on for about half an hour, and for the first five minutes my lips feel silky smooth and absolutely amazing. Then it feels drier, or however my lips were before I applied this balm. It doesn't dry out my lips, it just doesn't do anything.

If I put a gloss over this, after the products dry up, my lips feel a lot better. So maybe if this mango balm didn't dry up so quickly, it would actually help my lips. But alone, it's rather useless.

I'm still going to use it under a gloss, because it does help my lips to a certain extent. I'm not going to buy another one, because it just doesn't do anything without a gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this! I used the one with the pomegranate oil before, and I also like that as well, but I kind of prefer the scent of this more. I think it moisturizes pretty much the same amount, but it's a tiny bit lighter and a little bit less waxy, so I like that. It's pretty cheap. I have no issues with it whatsoever, so I totally recommend it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

Eh, I'm not impressed. I've tried all of the Burt's Bees line, thinking this would be just as stellar as the others, and frankly, it's just ok. My reasoning is because I don't think this added any moisture to my lips. In fact, I think this is teetering on the drying side of the fence, meaning that I think it actually took some of the moisture my lips already had away. At the end of the day my lips were more dry with this than without. The scent is amazing though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2010 4:26:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say, this product is completely different from the original minty one that Burt's Bees has come out with. I LOVE this mango chapstick, it definitely is the type of chapstick I like to carry around with me, especially with how moisturizing it is for my lips! It lasts quite a while, I would say longer than my YTC Melon chapstick! It was $2.99 but worth it :) I definitely would keep purchasing this, it makes my lips soft and smooth, no cracking/chapped lips here!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 4:45:00 PM More reviews by ochocho

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

MUA, you've done it again. I have been looking for a great lip balm because as winter approaches, my lips are super chapped. i tried the regular burt's bees lip balm (the peppermint one) but it made my lips super dry. so for a while i doubted burt's bees products until i looked up the ratings of lip balmson MUA and found the one with mango butter! oh goodness, i can't even describe how amazing it is. the smell is absolutely wonderful because it actually smells like mangoes. to be more specific, it smells like mangoes with a dash of orange but nevertheless heavenly! also, here's no aftertaste. it seems to moisturize immediately which is a huge plus! best of all, it's 1005 natural. def my HG lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2010 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Shazzybaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

HOlY GRAIL PRODUCT!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! For some reason, I have had THE most chapped lips a girl could ever seem to have, so of course, I was on a mission to find the lip balm that would save me and none ever seemed to work. Finally, I decide to come here as I have found many a Holy Grail product from searching here... and again, because of the great reviews, I decide to try this product. Suddenly, it was as if I had a new pair of lips. They were smooth, soft, and nice and pink! Like the lips I probably had when I was a baby probably. Anyways, I now know my lips can be beautiful again with this product. Thank you, Burts Bees for making a lip balm so wonderful and so affordable and so good smelling and so... effective. I feel like a new woman! Thank you!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Before this, I was using the EOS lip balm. As much as I loved cute egg packaging, I didn't find it moisturized much. It also had a sweet taste and I didn't like that. I was perusing the makeup aisle in Walmart and saw this as I was leaving. I've tried BB' before. But i didn't find the original (peppermint) very moisturizing. I read this contained mango butter so i thought i'd give it a try. First off, you dont' need much at all! It's very moisturizing and has a light pleasant scent. I would say it has a more blueberry than mango scent haha. I wear this under lipstick and before I go to bed at night. Retails for $4. Definitely will rebuy!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 8:19:00 AM More reviews by supeng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, i just bought this and i gotta say IM LOVING IT. so far it has proven to be really moisturising and there's no waxy feeling. One con is that it seems to be rather soft, and may get out of shape if you are one who slathers on the lipbalm so thickly with quite a lot of pressure(like my friend). So, be careful, keep it out of direct sunlight and don't place it anywhere near hot and stuffy places, like beside your laptop.

I would definitely get my hands on another one of this when im running out. It costs only $4.60SGD from the place i got it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2010 3:14:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

Burt's Bees lip balms are a standard in my bags -- I use the pomegranate one and the original minty one (I have to say though, the honey one is not so good), so I knew I had to try this one. As with the other two, the moisturizing properties are phenomenal, and I really like the mango scent. The balm itself is tasteless, so there is no weird aftertaste when you apply it. I love that there aren't any artificial ingredients and that Burt's Bees doesn't test on animals. For $2.99, this is such a wonderful lip balm to keep around; the rich mango butter, I think, will be especially useful as the fall gives way to winter. A definite repurchase from this lip balm junkie.