Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), aroma (flavor)*, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, mangifera indica (mango) seed butterllanolin, ammonium glycyrrhizinate, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene, linalool. *natural flavor

on 2/24/2011 6:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I'm a huge fan of the original peppermint Burt's Bees lip balm, but sometimes I find it a bit waxy and not moisturizing enough. This lip balm with Mango Butter is softer and more moisturizing, even in colder temps. It has a light fruity scent that smells like a blend between mango or pineapple with a little bit of coconut thrown in. Great for people who don't like the minty tingle of the original lip balm. I can't give it the full 5/5 rating though because I need to reapply it more often than the peppermint balm. Overall, I still prefer the original peppermint Burt's Bees balm over this one.

on 2/17/2011 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE this! I have the Honey Beeswax and Acai Rejuvenating varieties too and I love them all! Would repurchase over and over!

on 2/16/2011 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Organic=BONUS
It definitely makes my lips smooth, I apply it before bed every night.
Since it's organic it can be expensive but it's worth it.
It has no bad tastes, the color of the package is fine, and it's small and portable. PLUS!
Love it<333

on 2/7/2011 5:57:00 PM

I have expected more! After reading all these reviews, I thought that it would be my new favorite lip balm and that it would really nourish my lips, especially during winter. Of course, it is 97% natural, so there is nothing that can go wrong. But it was wrong. My lips started chapping after using this product and I have never had that problem before! It looked really ugly and I sure will not be using this product again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Burt Bee's Mango Butter lip balm smells great, and it moisturizes my lips really well. The product has no taste. It's been great using it this winter and I always find myself passing up all my other lip balms for this one.

on 1/3/2011 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the smell of this balm, with the sweet mango flavor. It's smooth going on and does a fairly decent job moisturizing. However, I have to keep reapplying on my lips for the product to stay on, and it has a soapy flavor. I much prefer the original burts bees balm compared to this.

on 12/15/2010 2:20:00 PM

I usually buy the original peppermint Burt's Bees balm but decided to give this one a try. It glides on really smooth and is as moisturizing as Chapstick (which is always in my makeup case) - but with a better flavor. I prefer the Mango Butter lip balm to the Pomegranate Oil lip balm.

on 12/10/2010 7:08:00 PM

I love Burt's Bees! Had to grab this when it first came out and was instantly met with the smell of mangoes. It's very nourishing and glides on beautifully, as opposed to the original BB which feels a bit more waxy.

on 11/24/2010 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product. Seriously. The smell is divine. I seriously take it out just to smell it, and sometimes when I'm having a bad day, its smell makes me happier.

However, it doesn't nourish or moisturize ... at least not in the long run. It stays on for about half an hour, and for the first five minutes my lips feel silky smooth and absolutely amazing. Then it feels drier, or however my lips were before I applied this balm. It doesn't dry out my lips, it just doesn't do anything.

If I put a gloss over this, after the products dry up, my lips feel a lot better. So maybe if this mango balm didn't dry up so quickly, it would actually help my lips. But alone, it's rather useless.

I'm still going to use it under a gloss, because it does help my lips to a certain extent. I'm not going to buy another one, because it just doesn't do anything without a gloss.

on 11/21/2010 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really like this! I used the one with the pomegranate oil before, and I also like that as well, but I kind of prefer the scent of this more. I think it moisturizes pretty much the same amount, but it's a tiny bit lighter and a little bit less waxy, so I like that. It's pretty cheap. I have no issues with it whatsoever, so I totally recommend it.

Popular Lip Treatments