BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

I've had a few tubes of these out of Benefit gift sets.
Happy I did not purchase the product individually.
I have combined skin, my skin tends to get very oily in the summer and dry in the winter.
Porefessional really dries my skin out, I don't feel like it helps my make up stay on either. It leaves my skin looking dull as well. The texture of it does feel really nice but for the price of this product it's really not worth it!

Works amazing, its literally removes all your pores in seconds. I dont have a ton of pores, so i tried it on my boyfriend who does and it worked so well! I still use this even thought i dont have tons, and i really like it but i probably wouldnt buy it again cause i dont have alot hahaha

I tried to love this product, but I couldn't. I found that it made my skin oily and my foundation just transfers really easily. I much prefer the baby skin by maybelline, 100x better and the price is amazing.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I was recommended this product by a Sephora employee during a foundation match while I was looking for a skin makeup routine that would help conceal acne. Acne causes my skin texture to sometimes be very difficult to cover with concealer and foundation, so this product was recommended for me to wear as a primer. I have owned it for several months and have used a total of 1 or 2 times. :-I On the first application during an awful cystic breakout, I was trying it out for my first application of full coverage foundation (since normally I only need small dabs of concealer for full coverage) and everything seemed fine. My skin instantly got really soft and the foundation attached to my skin without any problems. It stayed perfectly in place throughout the day with absolutely no oiliness, although I did notice that whenever the sun hit my face, I got this weird uncomfortable melting, itching sensation? It was weird. I was constantly checking my face to see if something was going wrong. At the end of the day when I was taking it all off, the second that I got the last bit off my face, every inch of my skin broke out in an irritating red rash. It was painful, and I was shocked that my skin hadn't broken out in acne afterwards (thankfully it didn't.) Although this product was nice in the beginning, I would not use it again simply due to the weird reaction I had while using it and after taking it off. :-/ If anyone else has sensitive skin or is currently using strong prescription topical acne treatments (which I was and am, whether at night or underneath day makeup) I would recommend not applying a lot of different skin products and anything that would further stress or irritate your skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

My feelings on pores are thus: If you are a human, and not a cyborg, you have them. And they aren't going anywhere. So if you feel tempted to purchase this product out of a desire to eradicate/eliminate/or radically alter the plane of your face, put down that $30 and buy something to genuinely treat yo self instead. Life is too short to obsess over the inevitable.

I bought a sample size of this product on a whim while stuck in the vortex of the travel aisle at Sephora (tricky buggers). I have occasionally used this for the past couple months and still seem to have a good amount left. I should qualify that I have dry, red skin so my primary concern is adding moisture to my skin and giving it an even tone. Blemishes, oil, and acne are not my main issues; if those are your concerns, this product might be worth the investment, but I would recommend trying a cheaper silicone-based primer along with the sample size of this first.

I do think this does a nice job of "blurring" any imperfections; if you have any scarring concerns from past acne, this might be worth checking out. But it doesn't do much to even out skin tone and it doesn't add any kind of "glow" or radiance like other primers do. I have also found it is just a touch too drying for my skin. I also haven't noticed a major in the appearance of my pores; they're slightly diminished, but not enough to justify the cost of such a small amount of product.

So, the long and short of it: think about why you want this product before plunking $30 down on it. Are your pores really a "problem" or is this just another thing the beauty industry wants us to fret over?

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I like this for my T-zone area, which is where I tend to get the most oily. It does a nice job of keeping my skin looking and feeling smooth, and minimizing the appearance of pores on my nose and cheeks.

This is my favorite primer for reducing pores. A small size has actually lasted a long time. It works better for me than Smashbox and Maybelline green cream primer.

This works so well for me before applying my foundation. It minimises pores and makes my make up stay on, so fab purchase for me. However, I do suggest getting a tester or buying a small sample as it can break people out and doesn't glide well on dry skin. Overall, it's a hit product for me.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

works much better after you apply your foundation and you tap it on the area with the most visible pores. It doesn't work for me under foundation at all.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I was excited to use this because people tell me they kept going back to it because it's so good. All I can say is that I have no idea why..

I'm not a fan of silicone based primers because of the clogged feeling, but I hate my open pores so I'll persevere. This primer added no staying power to my makeup (tbf it didn't claim to) but it didn't even reduce the appearance of my pores,, no matter how many different ways I tried using it, so my foundation and concealer just sank in as normal, and at times looked even worse with it there.

So disappointing when you're excited to try a product.

Popular Primer/ Correctors