April 18, 2014 | 1972 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It was hard for me to shell out $50 for this palette, but once I finally did, I did not regret it. For those of you concerned with price, keep in mind that each UD eyeshadow is $18 dollars each. If you bought all 12 colors separately, it would cost you $216 (plus tax). That's way more than the Naked palette. So it technically is saving you quite a bit of money. You get 12 shadows for the price of 3 separate shadows. Anyway, on to the product. The colors are great! I'm very fair, and pretty much all of the colors look good for my skin tone. The main thing about this palette is that the looks you can create with it are endless. There is every neutral you will ever need, and the pigmentation of the shadows is pretty good. However, I do wish that some of the colors were not as shimmery. There are only 2 matte shades, and while I do like the shimmer, sometimes I want a more natural look and it's hard to create a full look with only those two shades that do not contain shimmer. Other than that, the colors are great; I use this palette pretty much every time I do my makeup, unless I'm wanting some funky colors on my eyes. It's very much worth the money. I don't mind the packaging that much, it's lightweight and it fits in most of my makeup bags. It bothers some people, but that's purely based on one's preferences. I would repurchase this, but I honestly don't think I will ever have to because I use it every time I do my makeup, and I've had it for 2 months, and not even close to hitting pan. Great palette, go Urban Decay!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Even though I said I wouldn't buy again, I do really like this and use all but 3 of the colors -- I don't use the lightest and the two darkest. Next time I will buy 2-3 singles instead of spending $50+ on a palette full of shades that are just okay instead of favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Charlottelovesbeauty

I love my naked palette and I use it everyday! Even if I only use one color a day at least I'm still using it each day!! The price is crazy but make sure you buy it with your own money my friend didn't and she hardly uses it. If you save up then you will really appreciate and use it every single day. The packing if not my favorite I like the Naked 2 packaging a lot better it looks much sturdier. The Naked palette 1 rubs off and gets messy very easily. The price is hard to get over but once you actually buy it you will never regret it. If you use neutrals and a bold smoky look you will use this every day of your life!!! A few more things just if your wondering!
1. The eye shadow is very smooth but I've had it for 6 months and some colors have air bubbles in them and it doesn't bother me but it may bother you.
2.The shadows last all day but I've never used my shadows without a primer either mac paint pot in bare study or my urban decay primer potion so they stay on forever.
3. The pigmentation is amazing but some colors including naked, buck, and sin can be very light but trust me you can really build it up a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this Naked Palette a long time ago but I love it so much...so I thought I would add a review. I use this palette at least 3 times a week. I love brown earth tone-like shades so it's perfect for me. Urban Decay eyeshadows are amazing and this palette is nothing less than that. The pigmentation and quality of the eyeshadows are great. A little goes a long way. I also like the brush that my Naked Palette came with.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by jennah123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette! The colours are easy to use day-to-day, easy to blend and highly pigmented. The only drawback is the price, which when you consider the price of each individual eye shadow works out to be quite reasonable.
Overall, well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by kkbabygirl89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best eye shadow palette ever!!!! I am not usually a fan of neutrals, but since I got into my mid 20's, I decided it was a good move to shift away from brighter colors, and wear neutrals. I love every color in this palette. The pigments are awesome. The shadow goes on very smooth. I also like that the colors that had glitter in them did not transfer during the day to my face. They all stay in place. I think this palette would look great on any skin tone. The cost is $50.00, but considering you get quite a few different colors, it's really not that bad. The brush that comes with it is very nice, it makes application very easy. The case is cute too, kind of a suede material. I use this palette every day, and I have absolutely not one bad thing to say about it. I will definitely buy this again once it runs out, and I recommend it to my girlfriends. I'm even buying it for one of my friends as a Christmas present. I am pretty confident in saying that anyone that purchases this will be more than pleased.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Jflo426

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this palette. I have fair skin with pink undertones and I like cool tones. It is a neutral palette that I believe is flattering on many skintones. There is a combination of matte and shimmery colors. Overall, I think it's gorgeous and I think many looks can be achieved with this look. It has long staying power on me. It is pricey at $55 when I got it last year, but I do believe we pay for quality. I am not disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hesitated to write this review because there's nothing I can tell you that hasn't already been written below, but considering that the Naked Palette is back into my heavy rotation, sure, I'll join the rest of the sheep and rave about its awesomeness and rant about a couple of the minor pitfalls.

I was fortunate enough to swap for the original version of this palette - with the Zero and Whiskey double-ended Glide-On Pencils, which was awesome because I hadn't had the chance to test those out. As far as the Glide-On Pencils go, they're quite excellent - very creamy and rather saturated deep colors. I'm not sure they last as long as gel liners, per se, but they're definitely better than most supposedly "long-lasting" eye pencils. I'm glad I received the eye pencils instead of the brush. However, I didn't receive the mini Primer Potion, but it's been my holy grail in the past -haven't tried it since they finally transitioned packaging into the squeeze tubes (that should have been a "no duh!" to begin with!).

The palette I received seemed fairly well-loved, the gold "NAKED" emblazoned across the front is starting to wear off. Nonetheless the sturdy cardboard packaging has retained its structure and case properly opens and closes securely due to an embedded magnet. The velvety material that covers the palette isn't my favorite - it tends to attract dust, but I guess on the plus side, it is resistant to scratches. Also, the mirror instead could stand to be slightly larger, but it's not terribly tiny.

So the eyeshadows themselves - freaking phenomenal quality. Urban Decay tends to formulate some of the smoothest and most pigmented eyeshadows available. Some of the eyeshadows are almost creamy to apply thus very easy to blend, I assume there's some top notch emollients incorporated into the ingredients. I think the range of depth in this palette is also quite excellent, as it enables you to create a whole spectrum of natural to dramatic looks and of course, as aforementioned you can always dip your brush into two or three colors to tweak a particular neutral shade depending on your make-up needs! Standout shades for me include Virgin - slightly cool satiny champagne, which is great for inner corners and browbones, but might look garish on darker skin tones, Toasted - high sheen bronzed chocolate shade, and Hustle - reminds of of MAC's Smut but not as deep. However, I'm not the biggest fan of Sidecar, which has noticeable silver flecks in it. The fallout isn't as severe as some of Urban Decay's other glitter shades, but it's such a gorgeous taupe tinged light brown - why the glitter?! And although I appreciate the presence of two mattes - Naked and Buck, I kind of wish there had been a couple more mattes. Yeah yeah, I know most people love shimmery shades way more, I did too, until I hit thirty - le sigh! The longevity is these eyeshadows is quite good, but be sure to use an eyeshadow base and I personally like to add a setting spray as well.

Is this palette life-changing? Maybe, if you happen to lack a great deal of neutrals eyeshadows, I would absolutely encourage you picking up this palette. Furthermore, if you happen to have a warm skin tone - I'm pretty sure you would love this palette. But as you would suspect, there's nothing especially unique about this palette, especially since other brands have jumped on the bandwagon and offer their own renditions of nude and naked palettes (theBalm's Nude'tude is quite excellent - I keep purchasing it and then giving it away because I just can't justify having so many dang neutrals) and Urban Decay has also released a Naked 2 (have it, haven't used it yet - saving that for a rainy, gloomy day, seems to lack mid-tone shades I prefer), Naked Basics (LOVE this palette), and Naked 3 is about to be released (it seems geared towards farer skins, with pink neutral tones). I ran across a blogger's comparison of the price per ounce for this palette and it ends up being quite a great deal, so even if you're on the border about whether to procure this palette - you probably should.

I'm going to go ahead and five-star it as I did heavily use this palette in the past and I've been recently reaching for it again, but I would not purchase it again because I think LORAC or Smashbox neutral palettes' inclusion of mattes would personally appeal more to me.

And hey bonus points, Urban Decay doesn't animal test.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by glitterandsparkles42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like this palette. The eyeshadows are pigmented and go on smoothly. I would probably purchase the Naked 2 palette next time as it has more mattes in it. In this palette there are only two which is annoying because I only use a few of them regularly (sin, naked, buck, smog).

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by dstar12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not going to spend time describing the product because lots of people have already done that. Instead, I'm just going to focus on what the palette does well, who it is good for, and some reservations I have about the product despite really liking it.

Who is this good for and what it does well?: I think this palette is best for people starting in makeup since you get lots of high quality, neutral eyeshadows all in one place. What I like is that for someone like me, who doesn't already have an extensive eyeshadow collection, this palette gives me lots of colors that go really well together, all in one place.

Things to think about: People rave about how this palette is such a good deal since you get 12 shadows plus a brush (or eye pencil, depending on when you bought it), and the primer potion for just $50 when normally this would be over $200 bought individually. Yes, when you frame it like that, it looks like a good deal. My problem, though, is that I wouldn't buy all of these things individually, and $50 is still alot of money. The brush isn't that great, and I personally find three of the shades (sidecar, creep, and gunmetal) pretty unwearable due to the darkness of the shade and/or the huge glitter fallout.

Also, while I love that there are great pink, gold, bronze combos in this palette, UD didn't include a peachy champagne color, which to me is one of the most versatile daily-wear kind of colors. Maybe they assumed that people already own a version of this color, but it seems to me like a bit of an oversight and an addition that would make this palette even more versatile.

Overall, however, I do really like the palette and use it a lot.