October 21, 2014 | 1806 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Visible Lift Serum Absolute Advanced Age-Reversing Makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I started using this right when it came out and it was my HG foundation. I found it comparable to my favorite Clinique Foundation. It was moisturizing, matched my skin tone perfectly and made my skin look glowy. My only complaint was that it made my skin look shiny and it rubbed off easily.
After going through a few bottles of this, I noticed the product didn't seem the same. It would melt off my face and look super shiny. One bottle I bought would oxidize and look orange.
That was a year ago and I gave the foundation another chance. It is better than ever. I started using this in my early thirties and it definitely improves my skin. It looks smoother, less irritated and minimizes fine lines.
I think a few bottles I bought were old. I also think the results vary depending on what moisturizer you use underneath. I was using Clinique's yellow one and it did terrible. The combination made my face shiny and the foundation just slid right off.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by PattyTheK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just love Makeup Alley. I never would have considered buying this. Ever. Why? It looked too "gimmicky" ... companies are always coming out with newer, different, updated, and the-next-best-thing foundations based on the current trends.

I have very VERY pale skin, mostly pink undertones, with really red cheeks right below my eyes. Everytime I love a foundation, they discontinue it. I used Natural Glow in my early teens. Discontinued. Then I used Cover Girl Continuous Wear in Natural Ivory. Discontinued. So I tried other Cover Girl products in Natural Ivory. I don't know what it is, but no matter what I tried, it wasn't the same Natural Ivory as it was in the Continuous Wear. What is up with that? Anyway, next was Max Factor Lasting Performance in Light Champagne. Discontinued. Then on to Beauticontrol, with P1. Which, yes, they still make that, but even that is hit or miss. I can't wear it year round. Most days it just looks cakey.

So, you're beginning to see my frustration here.

Reluctantly, this past year, I have been trying out ALL sorts of foundations. Some came very close, but they we not everything I wanted. The main thing is just to match my skintone. That wasn't happening. I decided to research on Makeup Alley. Glad I did.

To my surprise, I didn't buy the lightest shade of ivory. I went for the most pink toned one, Classic Ivory. I was fearful this would be just another waste of time, that it wasn't going to match. I used a primer and applied and blended with a brush. Wow. Good, medium coverage. Covered up my pink, it almost covered up my red cheeks. Certainly covered up my freckles. Blended very well. Not matte nor shiney, somewhere in the middle - satin (just like what all the other reviews have said). I look like I've got a natural glow about myself. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything at all. I am very impressed. Also, there isn't any noticeable scent, like in other foundations.

For those who care about the packaging: the bottle itself feels substanstial enough that it doesn't look nor feel "cheap", plus the pump works perfectly. I actually love foundations with a pump.

I will wear it everyday for a week, and will update my review. So far, so happy.

******* UPDATE 8/15/12

I still like this foundation, but I do not wear this daily. It breaks me out. If I do wear it (and I do like it) I have to mix it with another product or foundation so I'm using very little. If I'm having ruddy skin issues or acne, I skip it. If I'm having a normal skin day, I will use it. :) Dropped it down 1 lippie for the acne problems. Otherwise, it's still a great foundation with great potetional for the right complexion, give it a try!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 3:42:00 PM More reviews by PastyWicks

I bought this based on reviews here and thought it would be nice since alot of people say it has good coverage and oil control (which I've noticed alot of age-defying foundations have/ what I've heard of them) So i went out and got the lightest shade- 143 soft ivory. Unfortunately, the undertone is almost as pink as hello kitty. Seriously, its like bubble-gum pink. I have a neutral/ slight yellow undertone so this was probably just too pink on me. For reference I'm W1 in true match. The reason i gave this a 4 is because I mix it with the shade down which is a strong yellow, and with some true match w1. Alone the texture is a mousse like cream, but goes on a bit powdery. Its very smoothing but can accentuate skin texture. Mixed with true match w1, its the perfect texture. It has decent lasting power over primer and with powder, but i get creasing in my laugh lines after about 3 hours. The finish without powder is quite luminous and pretty, and even after powder there's a soft glow thats very flattering. Overall it would be nice for normal- combo skin thats more on the medium tone range, as nc15 and up will probably have a hard time finding a good match

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2011 11:51:00 PM More reviews by socarras92

_*I had heard alot of great things about this product, so I decided to give it a try. I normally use L'Oreal's liquid True Blend in W4 (which I love, love, love). Anyways I bought the Visible Lift and it runs about $13 at Wal-Mart. When I tried this on it was pure crap it dries too quickly and doesn't cover anything. Within an hour of wearing it, it melts off and looks like a hot mess!! I then gave it a second chance but I applied a finishing powder this time and it still looked horrible. This product was a waste of my money which means I will not purchase this crap again! I will just stick to my L'Oreal True Blend liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 7:43:00 PM More reviews by cheriebeary73

I just bought this today and tested today. This foundation gives my skin a semi-matte to matte look which I love. It makes my skin look absolutely gorgeous! I apply the foundation with my fingers or a brush and let dry 5-10 minutes then finish off lightly with pressed powder. My face looked like a porcelain doll. After a couple of hours I checked in mirror and still looked very matte and saw only very very slight hint of shine around nose area. L'Oreal seems to have the best foundations for my skin. I love the infaillable one too. As a teen I always used Mattique (discontinued) and have always been on the hunt for a perfect replacement. I think I found it with this one and infaillable, and Revlon CS I LOVE too!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 12:17:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased the shade classic ivory which is a great match to my fair complexion (MAC NC15), plus I like the pump dispenser, but that is where the good points end. I found that this foundation to be quite drying on initial application, but fades and breaks down quite quickly. I have combination skin, oily t-zone and normal to dry on the remainder of my face, but even the normal to dry areas of my complexion looked super greasy after a few hours. As the day progresses it looks like a hot mess on the face and the foundation easily rubs off and starts to migrate/slide big time into any fine lines or pores. I tried multiple methods of application, different moisturizers, primers, and setting powders but nothing stops this from looking like a hot mess within 3 to 4 hours.
Definitely a foundation that made my 10 ten epic fail makeup list.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by justinetindall

I usually use Vichy Tient Aera, but deep down inside i know this is one of my favorite foundations EVER. It looks great on skin, and in pictures it really gives you that celebrity makeup glow. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 5:57:00 PM More reviews by cgehring

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reasons I love it: does not accentuate wrinkles or pores, good color selection, spf 17, easy to obtain

Reasons why I did not rate it higher: Generally I wear a 50 spf so 17 seems extremely low, the color is not printed on the bottle only on the cap and because I buy more than one color it gets rather confusing

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2011 1:24:00 PM More reviews by kittycats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This fdn is a soft matte so it would be best for normal to oily skin; if you have dry skin you'll need a moisturizer underneath. I got the color Soft Ivory and I was concerned that it might be a tad too dark for me but when I pumped it out, it is actually quite light - so this just looks darker in the bottle. I only use a pea size amount; it is very concentrated so if I use any more than that it can look a bit cakey. I did not buy it for the anti-aging ingredients though as I read (at Beautypedia) that there is only a dusting of these ingredients in it but it has sunscreen which is great for anti-aging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Sayers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was afraid this would be too matte and geared more towards oily skin but it isn't. I am more than impressed at how flawlessy, natural and beautiful this foundation looks. It applies easily and melds with your skin. Not dry looking at all just lovely glowly skin. Thankfully I don't have to powder this down at all in fact my MAC Cream Color Bases go on 100% better over this. I am totally loving this stuff!