April 16, 2014 | 1916 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes + case)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by upptaget

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favourite brushes of all time. They are supersoft yet very dense. My brushes haven't shed at all and each brush is good in it's own way.
I was SO happy when I found these and saw that they were cruelty-free, good quality and cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is actually a pretty handy set. I kinda wish they would make and sell more individual brushes since the quality is pretty high considering the very low price tag. I'm not a huge fan of the bag but the brushes themselves are very good, soft and made of recycled material plus no animal products. All gravy imho. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This is my second Ecotools purchase and I am loving this brand.

I got this for about $8.00 on amazon. Steal.

These measure about 4.5 inches; I know some people who ordered this were surprised by the small size. I love the short handles as they give me more control and I travel a lot so the size is ideal.

The breakdown:

1. Smudge brush- good concentration of bristles, helps you add shadow to your liner or smoke it out.

2. Shade brush- Least fav. I found this rather small to shade with so I use it to apply lid color. Better used dry vs. wet.

3. Highlight brush- I love this as a blending brush (you'll find out why in a second) and it worked well in the crease. Not the shape I'd want to apply highlight with.

4. Crease brush- Possibly my favorite. It's a good shape to get into the socket. Some might find this brush exceptionally large but it works well for me.

5. Blending brush- HUGE. I actually use this as a highlight because the shape fits under the brow arch well. I didn't like the effect I got while using it as a blending brush, kind of muddied the colors. Really soft though.

I'm really happy with this set. The quality is remarkable given the price. If you're a brush fiend, you probably don't need these. I recommend these to travelers and those who don't want to splurge to get a nice quality brush set. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by slicedara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Best eye brushes I've used. Each one is useful in its own way, and they're all so soft and high quality :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:54:00 PM More reviews by MrsAJGraveS

I love these brushes. They are very soft and nice feeling on the eye. I like that there are so many different types of brushes in the set, i.e. a fluffy angle brush and a tapered crease brush (which was the reason i bought the set in the first place), but i wish that there was a more dense lay down brush in this set. All and all I love the set and want more ecotools brushes.
PROS
*Very soft *great variety *apply and blend very well *nice case with mirror
CONS
*Dose not include a flat shader style brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love it! They are very soft and nice to use, I even use the biggest one for blush sometimes. My blush brush doesn't pick up one of my blushes where but the biggest one in this set does the trick, yay. I love that it is travel sized. And the price for 5 brushes is the price I usually pay for just one! Even less than the price I pay for one, lol. Great deal!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by tonitick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the 5 piece brush set and really liked them so I decided to purchase the eye brush set. As with the my other set I love the packaging. The handles are short but that doesn't bother me. What each tool should be used for is etched on each brush; i.e. crease, highlight. etc. This is useful to a novice like me.The set contains five brushes: large shadow,highlight, shade, smudge, and crease. I love them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yet another awesome product from Ecotools. These are a reasonable price for what you get. I use the bigger blendy brushes everyday for highlighting under my eyebrow, and general blending eyeshadow. They are very soft. I only gave it a four instead of a five because there is one brush in their that I don't use (like a flat wide one, I'm not really sure what this is supposed to be used for, it's way too small for applying color to the whole lid, not countoured enough to use for shading, and too thick for liner... that's pretty much all I do with eye makeup, so maybe someone with fancier looks has a use for that one). Also, the packaging, while cute, is kind of wasteful because I end up throwing all of it but the brushes away (the little cute carrier, too). Or maybe I'm just being wasteful. I have no need for that, I keep my brushes in glass containers atop my makeup shrine. Other than that, they are great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by estel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes - I am a strict vegetarian and the idea of natural bristle brushes is pretty awful. So when I heard of this reasonably priced, cruelty free and sustainable (!) brand, I had to try them, and I haven't regretted it. They're soft, don't shed, and are easy to clean (I use Mecca Cosmetica Brush Cleaner). I love that there is a wide range of shapes, and get the most use out of the large crease brush (LOVE this one), the large shader, and the tiny smudge brush. The only brush I don't really use is the small, flat brush.

I think it's meant to be a travel set, but AFAIK the different shapes aren't available in "full size" - never mind, I'm fine with the short handles.

The packaging is good - comes in a little cloth pouch which I keep in my larger makeup bag.

I said "yes" to buy again, but hopefully I won't need to!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by balletdancer923

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the cutests little brush set! I got it for only $7.80 at Rite Aid, and it comes with 5 brushes plus a very handy case! What a deal!! The bristles are soft and I love how the brushes are labled, this would be a great little set for a beginner in makeup. I also love how the brushes are small, I don't really like long brushes.