December 19, 2014 | 1644 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Eye Brush Set (5 brushes,1 case)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by msflo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this set at Ulta when they had the promotion for buy two get one for free. I continually go for this line because it is inexpensive, cruelty free and environmentally friendly. Not all the brushes are extremely useful, but for the price I would buy again just for the smudge brush on its own.

The case it comes with is ok. Useful for keeping brushes together during travel, but would have preferred extra pockets for storage and a darker color to hide stains.

All the brushes are incredible soft and I have not had an issue with shedding or bleeding during cleaning.

My favorite brush is the smudge brush. I use it to apply color on the lower lash line, to smoke out eyeliner, and sometimes to apply color or blend at the crease. I have small eyes so I prefer the size of this brush compared to the angled brush in the kit. Very useful and I reach for it everyday.

The shade brush is on the small and thin side, but since I have small eyes it does the job for packing color on the lid. I could see it being a pain in the behind for those with bigger eyes/lid space. I think its great for applying a highlight color.

I use the highlight brush more as a blending brush. Its great for blending colors at the crease as well as blending under eye concealer.

The 2 brushes I rarely use in the kit are the blending brush and the crease brush. The blending brush is a weird shape, and I'm not really sure what to use it for either (maybe highlighting). I prefer the highlight brush or the smudge brush for the crease. Although I could see this brush working well for those who contour their nose.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkhart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So I needed some brushes but was in a bit of a budget due to the joys of Christmas gift giving (notice my sarcasm). I walked into Rite Aid and made my usually bee line for the cosmetics area. After reading so many rave reviews about other Ecotools brushes, I really wanted to buy one. I came across this eye brush set. I figured 5 brushes and a travel case can't be bad for 7.99. Plus the fact the company is ecofriendly and has a no cruelty to animals policy. I bought it very confident I would love it. And I do. The brushes are so soft and fluffy. A dream for blending. There is the highlighter brush that is a bit sturdier but still soft. They don't shed or scratch. They do have a shorter handle but I don't mind. I'm going to toss my 2 other brushes (blush and powder) and replace them with some brushes from this brand. Highly reccomend them..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes. I love ecotools. It's just, love.
I was so happy when I saw that eco tools came out with an eye brush set, since I had bought many of their brushes before. Not only are the brushes environmentaly friendly and animal cruelty free- but they are so damn soft, dense, don't shed, and apply makeup like a dream!

I happen to like the short handles, they offer more stability and control of the eyeshadow. But longer handles would be nice.

For the price, these can't be beat. They are super soft, easy to use, and make applying eyeshadow a lot easier. If you need some really good, inexpensive brushes- eco tools is the way to go. I swear, I'm surprised these brushes don't cost more!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 7:03:00 AM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have most of Ecotools brushes & I bought this for travelling & to touch up at work. The pouch is cute, but the mirror is not so good, BUT considering what you pay for, this is pretty darn good. I prefer their standard long stem brushes a lot more. These are not as densely packed as the standard long handled brushes, but the quality is VERY VERY good for its price.The little smudger brush didn't really do anything for me, but all the other brushes work beautifully with applying & blending. Worth a try! And they are nice and light to carry around in the handbag. I am a big handbag person & I definately don't need the extra weight on my shoulders.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Faishi

I was skeptical to give this Eco tools bamboo 6 piece eye brush set a try but I can't resist bargain. Considering its cheap I decided to try it. And I'm glad i did. This eye brush set contains: blender, Angled crease brush, petite shading brush(to load colors) highlight & smudge brush also come in a handy case w mirror. The bristles are so very soft! Blends eyeshadow very well. But I use the highlight brush as blending brush as the shape is quite similar to 226mac and I use the large blend to apply highlight instead. The smudge is quite similar to 219 pencil brush from mac but please do not expect it to be like mac. These brushes are definitely suitable for traveling or touch ups on the go or if you've limited budget on getting brushes. I would not only repurchase this but I think I'm going to get the other sets of brushes to try!! ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I can't express how much I love Ecotools. Besides the fact that they're eco friendly brushes, they're also low in cost, soft, and work fantastic. This is the best brush set for eyes as it has almost everything you need. I just wish instead of the small(est) round brush that they'd give a small angled brush. Other than that I'm really happy with this and the price I paid.

FYI Walgreens is having a buy one get one 50% off

12/4/13 update: Still using these. I've had them for at least 4-5 years now. I should probably get a new set as I'm missing a few of these brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by upptaget

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favourite brushes of all time. They are supersoft yet very dense. My brushes haven't shed at all and each brush is good in it's own way.
I was SO happy when I found these and saw that they were cruelty-free, good quality and cheap!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by rachelbobco

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is actually a pretty handy set. I kinda wish they would make and sell more individual brushes since the quality is pretty high considering the very low price tag. I'm not a huge fan of the bag but the brushes themselves are very good, soft and made of recycled material plus no animal products. All gravy imho. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by silkpuppet

This is my second Ecotools purchase and I am loving this brand.

I got this for about $8.00 on amazon. Steal.

These measure about 4.5 inches; I know some people who ordered this were surprised by the small size. I love the short handles as they give me more control and I travel a lot so the size is ideal.

The breakdown:

1. Smudge brush- good concentration of bristles, helps you add shadow to your liner or smoke it out.

2. Shade brush- Least fav. I found this rather small to shade with so I use it to apply lid color. Better used dry vs. wet.

3. Highlight brush- I love this as a blending brush (you'll find out why in a second) and it worked well in the crease. Not the shape I'd want to apply highlight with.

4. Crease brush- Possibly my favorite. It's a good shape to get into the socket. Some might find this brush exceptionally large but it works well for me.

5. Blending brush- HUGE. I actually use this as a highlight because the shape fits under the brow arch well. I didn't like the effect I got while using it as a blending brush, kind of muddied the colors. Really soft though.

I'm really happy with this set. The quality is remarkable given the price. If you're a brush fiend, you probably don't need these. I recommend these to travelers and those who don't want to splurge to get a nice quality brush set. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 6:54:00 PM More reviews by slicedara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Best eye brushes I've used. Each one is useful in its own way, and they're all so soft and high quality :)