September 30, 2014 | 1921 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Fresh Wear

rated 3 of 5 on 9/20/2010 More reviews by MsAshleyCrim

I was hoping this foundation would be my summer foundation, however it didn't work well to control my oily skin. The product description made it sound like this foundation would help keep my skin looking matte all day. However, after a few hours the coverage of this product started to fade and my skin started getting oily. Additionally, there were no neutral shades in my intensity level (2), so I was forced to go with something more pink toned.

Overall I think this is a nice blendable foundation that gives a gorgeous appearance to the skin within the first few hours, however that effect doesn't last all day. I was also turned off by the price- - not even 1 full oz! Had the product lived up to its claims I would have been happy spending the money, but since it didn't work for me I don't plan to repurchase. I'm hoping this will work better for me in the fall when my skin isn't as oily.
UPDATE: Now that it is fall I've been trying to use this foundation up and see if I like it better in a cooler climate. While the foundation works better to control my oil in cooler weather, the foundation made my chin dry and peel. This has NEVER happened to me from a foundation before. I'm guessing the high alcohol content dried out my skin. Now I am even more hesitant to wear this foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2010 6:06:00 PM More reviews by pritha

I bought this foundation 2 years ago when in came out. For reference, I'm an NC 42-43 in MAC and I think Bisque 9w is the closest to my skin tone. I find that this goes on best with the MAC 187 stippling brush. Like I said, when I bought this before, for some reason, I disliked the shade but I think its because I was wearing a powder that was too heavy and light. The Bisque 9w is a bit light one due to the SPF component of it and I should have paired it with a more yellow powder to match the rest of my body but I didn't. Apart from that, I liked everything else about it and I've just rediscovered it and I feel like a dummy for spending all this extra money trying other foundations when I could have stuck with this one.

I hope that they don't discontinue this one and that they keep my shade Bisque 9w since they discontinued this shade for the new Teint Idole 24H.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 12:44:00 AM More reviews by thatgirlangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm still on the fence about this product. It's expensive, it has some ingredients in it that I'm not a fan of, and it may be contributing to a few cystic breakouts, but this has not yet been confirmed.

I love the natural looking, light to medium coverage. I love that it comes in a tube, and I love that a little goes a long way. I also really love the shine control.

I don't love that it oxidizes in extreme heat, leaving me slightly orange at times (UPDATE: this was the powder). I don't like the price. I'll keep trying it to see about the cystic breakouts and report back.

UPDATE: I really like this foundation, and I don't think it's breaking me out. This foundation has officially gotten me out of my whole mineral makeup phase (we'll refer to that as the "unkempt and unpolished looking years.") This requires no touching up, stays put and looks fresh at the end of a long, 10 hour work-day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by geeksquad

i like this foundation alot it does not make me oily it really does what it says it will do , it is a bit pricey for how much product it has , also they could of make the bottle a bit better you litterally have to b careful how much u squeeze out or alot will come out but other then that i love it and i put mac pressed powder on top and im set for the whole day

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

After much sampling, searching, and review-reading, I finally found my HG foundation. I have extremely oily, acne-scarred and acne-prone skin. This is the only foundation that controls my oil, stays matte, and doesn't turn dark by the end of the day. While the price is high for what you get, the product is worth every penny!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:30:00 PM More reviews by hawkeyemommy

Can't believe how much I love this foundation! I'm a mineral make-up girl, and sometimes I stray with Bobbi Brown stick, or Natural Finish foundations. I tried this on a whim, and WOW! I can't believe I've lived this long without this stuff!

It's a thin/watery formula, but the coverage is great, because it seems to be highly pigmented. One of the main ingredients is denatured alcohol, however. That means that 1) it dries quickly and 2) even though I'm quite oily, I wonder how my skin will tolerate this in the dead of winter. Might not be the best for dry skinned girls, either.

I give my face a quick once-over with a small amount using my hands, and then buff it into my skin with the Sephora platinum collection air brush, stipling a little more product with the brush in areas where I need more coverage. (Chin and nose, mainly.) I finish it with a light dusting of BE mineral veil. Outstanding wear and no transference. I do have to blot halfway through the day, but not as often as with any other foundation that I have tried.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by halfpastsunday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wore this foundation for three days and decided that it was not worth the price. While I did like the matte finish that it gave my complexion and the lasting power, I was not a fan of the price and how small of an amount of product you get for it. There are tons of foundations out there that do come in a small bottle, but you only need a small amount to cover your entire face. I do not even like heavy coverage (I primarily only go with light and very rarely do I go with medium coverage), but I needed to use a lot of product to be satisfied with finish. There are tons of matte foundations out on the market that work just as well as this did, but that is actually worth the money spent. For reference, I am an NC42-44 in Mac and was matched to Bisque 9W.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by spacecow17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like how the foundation comes in with a squeeze tube, it makes it easier to control how much you want to use. However for only 0.08 oz, $32 bucks is kinda expensive. They could've at least made it 1 oz or had better packaging - like a plastic pump instead of a cheap squeeze bottle.

I bought this because I wanted to try a new foundation - something that is lightweight, oil - free, and does not break me out. I used to think my HG foundation was MUFE HD, but that made me look like an oil slick and broke me out. That is going to be returned..

I got a generous sample from Macy's a couple of months back. I was curious and decided to go out with it for a lazy sunday. The moment I applied it on, it ran very smoothly on my skin and was very lightweight.

It gave me light to medium coverage. Its not full, but there's nothing that a concealer cannot fix right? But its a very buildable coverage. For me it gave the just about the right amount of coverage. It surprisingly gives a bit more coverage than the MUFE HD. Its really safe for me to say, that I actually use less concealer with this foundation.

Lancome claims that Teint Idole Freshwear lasts for 18 hours, I wouldn't exactly agree with that, but I could say that it does last for a very long time. It lasted about 10 -12 hours for me.

As far as the oil control goes, it does control my very oily face a lot better than most foundations can. So sadly, my face doesn't really exactly work with Lancome's shine free promise. My face still produces a little bit of oil during the day and it becomes kinda dewey - not the gross kind though. And a little bit does transfer on to my blotting sheets.

But nonetheless, this is a great foundation to wear for the summer and those with oily, acne prone skin. Its light-weight, controls oil very well, and has pretty good coverage for something so light weight. I have been using for quite a while and it has not broken me out. This has become my favorite foundation. I will be repurchasing if I run out again. For reference, I am an NC 35 and I use Bisque 7w a tad bit darker than my skin, but has the right amount of undertones and blends well enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 9:26:00 AM More reviews by lalou3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this! I have been wearing the regular Teint Idole Ultra for years, but sometimes, especially in the summer or on casual weekends, it is just to heavy. I had been going without foundation and just wearing concealer and MUFE HD powder. Got this one in the same shade I wear in the ultra, Ivory 2(C). The coverage is just as good as the ultra, and it dries to a nice satin matte finish. I may substitute it permanently for the ultra, I will have to see in winter. It wears like iron, even in the hot weather. My favorite thing about it is that it is very thin, and feels just like liquid pigment. It is not greasy in any way. I wear SPF 30 under it because I need more than SPF 15, and it still is not greasy. I would not say it is a tinted moisturizer, it is more like just the pigment from the ultra, without all the other ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 5:35:00 AM More reviews by melodyylai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation, a lot.
especially because I'm oily in the T-zone.
Except the only reason that I don't like it is because my color is nonexistent.
The colors are either too light, too dark, or pink toned.
And I'm a fairly light Asian.
So, I love this product, but just not for me as it doesn't have my color.
Maybe if I get darker or lighter.