December 20, 2014 | 1169 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Fiache

I have dry/normal skin. I don't break out a lot but when I do, I like to take action quickly and make sure to clean my face properly to prevent more breakouts. I live in Thailand where I drive scooter every day and imagine all the dust sticking to your face each day. And also, who doesn't love taking some extra care of their face every now and then!?
I have St ives Naturally clear Blemish fighting scrub as well. I really don't like it. The beads are huge and when I used it (while I was used to use a scrub with tiny beads) it gave my face a burning sensation. It was a very unpleasant feeling. The smell is not glorious either, it has a weird smell and almost somewhat like swedish snuff(snus) If you ever smelled that you know it's gross!
The smell of the Green tea scrub is OK, it's not an amazing smell but not horrible either. It feels fresh, looks fresh with the green minty color and has tiny perfect beads and most importantly densely packed! I used it first time yesterday and my face was literally glowing. I never owned a scrub where you could actually see immediate results. My face looked so fresh, clean and radiant. My boyfriend even asked me if I was sleeping with makeup?!! WOW!
I love that it has salicylic acid and a little goes a long way! I found it at Guardian in Malaysia at a fairly good price...probably around 8 dollars, they cost around 5 dollars in the US! Please try out and see for yourselves. It's really an affordable, fabulous and amazing investment for your face!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am reviewing the St. Ives Blackhead Clearing Green tea Scrub which comes in the 6 oz. tube. An effective scrubbing cleanser. It has enough tiny silica scrubbies to exfoliate without being too harsh. Has a nice green tea scent. Also has skin calming ingredients. I use this almost daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by punrara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought a sample bottle of this and I love it!! A small amount works wonders and I've been able to stretch this little bottle out for a while by using it every few weeks.

The scrub is so fine, it's like rubbing sand onto my face and that's pretty good!! The other scrubs usually feel a bit too harsh especially if I rub too hard.

It also smells really good and leaves my face looking fresh. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Purchased a 2nd one, since so far for exfoliating cleansers, this does the job for my skin. It can be drying a bit if you leave it on your skin too long (leave it only on for a couple minutes at most).
The exfoliating beads are far more consistent and finer than the apricot scrub, and I prefer it over a high brand such as DDF.

Have hormonal, combination skin, noticed my breakouts aren't as intense once I started using this every other day. This does contain salicylic acid.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by kxtreme16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this scrub! It comes in a smaller package than the Apricot Scrub and is a bit pricier, but you barely need much and it lasts a while! Also, it's worth its money. I highly recommend this scrub, i believe it's sensitive enough to use everyday :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by suelou88

Love this green tea scrub - I also sometimes mix a pea size w/Cerave moisturizing cleanser or use it alone. Much better than Neutrogena Acne Stress control scrub and cream. Lower salic acid - 1% - easier on my old skin - gentler. Also dab trader joe's tea tree oil on my acne spots - it simmers them down.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub. I use it pretty much everyday. It helped to soften my rough textured skin as well as shrink large pores around my nose and cheeks - although I think that might be from daily exfoliating in general.
I love to mix this scrub with my Cetaphil cleanser, or jojoba oil, or almond oil. I typically don't use it alone because I feel its quite a dry consistency. Mixed with the oil I can leave it on for several minutes as a mask.
This scrub helps to keep my skin clear - although when Im broken out pretty badly with cystic acne I don't feel it does much to heal them. But in terms of maintaining clear skin and clearing clogged pores this product is wonderful for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by koreancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have finicky skin, so far it hasn't like shiseido, lancome, clinique or estee lauder yet for some strange reason it LOVES this stuff!!! My skin is looking the best it has in years, no clogged pores, its soft and smooth. I use this in the morning and at night and I'm telling you my skin has never looked better. The pores on my nose are starting to get more refined and the texture is softening. When I run out I will most definitely repurchase!! This could be my holy grail facial cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 2:46:00 AM More reviews by jessikaleigh20

I have been using St.Ives Apricot Scrub for years. I decided to pick this up a few weeks back and I'm completely in love with it! It's not anywhere near as abrasive as the other St.Ives scrubs. I find it just melts into your skin. My face feels so refreshed and cleansed after using this. Also, I'm not entirely sure if its the scrub or the tamanu oil (HIGHLY recommend this oil btw! you can pick it up at health/herbal stores) I've been using, or a mix of both, but my acne/acne marks/redness has diminished considerably. My skin is brighter, clearer and more even for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 1:55:00 PM More reviews by angeljoy86

I just purchased this product from Walmart for about $5CAD and tried it last night. I have been very reluctant about purchasing St. Ive's scrub since I've heard that they could be a little abrasive on the skin. I've used other exfoliant from name brands such as Caudeli, Swiss Line, and Guinot, but wanted to try this highly reviewed drug store brand.

I have acne-prone skin, but have been controlled by topic meds and birth control pills prescribed my dermatologist. I was afraid that this product was going to irritate and cause more dryness to my skin, but hold and behold it did not!

The product had evenly fine granules which did not irritate my skin, it did lather up a little bit and the smell was not to over powering. The green tea apparently is suppose to be good for your skin so that's a ++. For the price, you can't go wrong and if you don't like it on your face, you can always use it on the rest of your body as a body scrub. I will definitely repurchase this in the future oppose to the other high end exfoliant products. They do the same thing for a fraction of the price. Thanks MakeupAlley!