Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

4.6

on 3/7/2011 9:04:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is such a pretty and unique color! I also like the brush because it's relatively wide. Two thin coats worked like a dream.

on 9/24/2010 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

WOW! I don't know where to start...first off, this product looks nothing like the picture here. It's a rich, cobalt blue that is pretty unique as far as nail polishes go. And talk about a one-coat wonder! Literally just one coat, no streakiness, just perfection. I feel like this shade really complements my pale skin as well. I haven't seen it at too many drugstores, so if you come upon it, snatch it up because it's kind of amazing!

on 7/26/2010 4:46:00 PM

I was browsing nail polishes at Wal Mart one day and this colour caught my eye. It's a beautiful sea blue type colour and i usually only use one coat and it's pretty opaque. This has been my most used polish on my toes this summer and i absolutely love it! Like many of the other reviewers, my only complaint is the smell. Granted, all polishes dont smell particularly pleasing so i would not stop buying it because of that. Would definitely reccomend this colour and it's super cheap!

on 7/6/2010 4:52:00 PM

God, how I love this color. I've been on the fence about buying this one for a long time, due to having some issues with formula & drying time with the SH Xtreme wear line in the past, but I'm really glad I finally got this one last night. What an interesting, unique color! It's a muted indigo that reminds me of the sky at dusk. The formula on this one is good too- smooth & opaque in 2 coats. Drying time, while still a little lengthy compared to other lines, is good. The only downside- the smell. The smell of it is just... ew. As the daughter of a smoker, I can attest that this polish, before it dries, smells exactly like wet cigarette butts :x

Definitely pick this one up if you're a blue hoor like me :)

on 6/6/2010 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I agree with everyone else who describes the color as cobalt-periwinkle. It's so bright and awesome and I just lurve it! I used two coats, but could've gotten away with one if I were a smidge more careful with application. The color dries to a shiny creme finish. Very unique and a must-have for blue lovers. The only issue I have is that the polish has an odd smell -- sort of like something burning. It might just be me, but it's easily counteracted by sitting in a well-ventilated room and nothing that's going to stop me from rebuying!

on 5/18/2010 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with a previous reviewer that this is like cobalt and periwinkle mixed together. Its is a really nice, original colour. Funny enough I was shopping for a new summer color and my boy spotted this one. At $2.50 CDN I picked it up. No shimmer - pure creme. It has a pretty decent brush on it, flat and wide. Applies like a dream! I applied one very thin coat and let that dry and then went in for a second. Dried in 15 mins and left me with perfect, shiny, opaque toenails. I would buy it again in a second. What a bargin!

on 4/23/2010 7:07:00 AM

OMG! i love this nail polish, i got it on sale at my local walmart for 2$! this is a really hard colour to describe, because it is so unique, and thats what i love about it! i applied on coat last night, but it didnt apply very good because i didnt have enough on the brush, so i loaded it up again, but with a bit more polish, and it was completely opaque! then i topped with a top coat and it was touchable dry in about 8 mins, so i went to bed, and woke up will no smudges, or line in them! i love how the brush is a large size, because it covers almost my entire nail! will be buying more shades!

on 4/21/2010 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

this is a very pretty blue. heard to give an exact color description.. it's pure creme, no shimmer at all. i applied 2 coats and got great results which dried in a decent amount of time. i love the wide brush, allows me to get to the sides of my nails easy, unlike CG. this was only $2cnd at walmart.

on 4/12/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I'm agog over this polish. It's hard to describe though: sort of a cross between a cobalt and a periwinkle, but it's very vivid and sort of dark at the same time. It's a creme with no shimmer. So dang pretty!!! It's got a wide brush and it's only $2.69 at Target.

UPDATE 8/26/15 -- They changed it! The formula is thinned down and the color is now a shimmery darker blue! WHY SALLY HANSEN WHY????

Popular Polishes