Maybelline Expert Eyes 100% Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Boric Acid, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Hexylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Phenylethyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Digluconate

on 6/10/2003 9:23:00 PM

This is the best makeup remover...this is the blue bottle, by the way. There's also a pink bottle but I think that one doesn't say it's oil free. I have been using this one for years. I only tried a couple of other eye makeup removers when I read in Paula Begoun's book that she doesn't recommend this one, but I disagree with her. The others I tried (one was by Almay, which she recommended) either left me with blurry vision after using it or just didn't do the job well. But this one does not irritate my eyes and I tend to have very sensitive eyes and wear contacts. It is very inexpensive too. Highly recommend this one!!

on 5/28/2003 7:02:00 AM

I can't believe it took me this long to review this product! This is one of my HG products. I've been using this for about 7yrs. Nothing else I've used compares. Very gentle on the eyes(and my eyes are sensitive) and does THE best at removing makeup. So inexpensive too.

on 5/22/2003 3:01:00 AM

gentle, excellent and affordable. what else can you ask for? it's not too drying, so i like it a lot. it's my first eyemakeup remover. i used to use baby oil, but this is so good, i'll get another bottle soon.

This is the first eye make-up remover I've tried and the only one I've tried. No reason to trade, this one works great and at a good price :)

on 5/17/2003 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

GREAT mascara remover for non-waterproof formulas, which I prefer because they are more gentle on my semi-sparse lashes. I hate it when I find a lash on my moistened cotton pad when removing mascara, and with Maybelline's Expert Eyes that rarely happens! Can't beat the price either. Another good one is Loreal's Plentitude Refreshing Eye Makeup Remover ... Only another 2 cents per ounce (yes, I've done the math). Only loses one lippie for packaging because I prefer products with a flip-top lid. But the extra nano-seconds it takes to unscrew the lid is a very minor complaint. I will never buy another mascara remover (unless they drastically change the formula). *FYI* ---- Maybelline, Loreal, and Lancome brands are all distributed by the same mother-company!

on 5/17/2003 3:57:00 PM

The best remover I have ever used! I have tried so many others and keep coming back to this one, I don't know why I bother to even try any others anymore. No eye irritation at all, no oil to blur my vision and removes all eye makeup fully. The Best.

on 4/20/2003 10:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This remover works well. You don't need to use much to get everything off. I also like that it did not leave a residue on my eyes afterwards.

on 3/14/2003 1:46:00 PM

I spend so much $ on my makeup that I need to save $ on something so I love this makeup remover. I find it to be just as effective as Clinique's Rinse-Off Makeup Solvent and not at all greasy or oily. You might need to dab some residue off your eyelids tho if you want to reapply makeup immediately after. It rinses off clean and even gets off waterproof mascara (something Clinique's ROMS doesn't!). At about four bucks a pop, I reccomend this to anybody!

on 3/11/2003 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Great product - removes eye makeup easily and without any irritation to my eyes.

on 2/21/2003 7:59:00 PM

I try other products and always come back to this one. Cheap and effective. I do think it can dry out the skin in winter if your prone to that (which I am). I use a night eye cream anyway, so this is not a problem for me. UPDATE: This ended up totally drying out my eye area and I had to switch to L'oreal oil-free instead. It's a bit more $, but not as harsh.