April 25, 2014 | 849 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2009 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Sporkz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is not for sensitive skin. When I bought it I was all: "OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGGM THIS WAILL TOTALLY MAEK MAI SKIN BETTAR" but it didn't.
It leaves my face all ew and dry. I tried to make ugly faces at myself and it HURT. ALOT. It will give you more acne if you don't find a sort of moisturizer to decrease the dry'ness. And yeah, it hurts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Encie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

ATTENTION EVERYBODY! everyone's skin is different and you have to work with things that are made for YOUR skin. I have oily skin and this works great for me. It's gentle and doesn't leave my skin dry. Of course i moisturize afterwards (maybe some other people dont?) so I like it. I only use it at night in the shower so maybe that makes a difference? I dunno. The point is, for me, as a person with oily skin, it works! I'm on my second bottle now and it's been about 2 years since i started using it so i can't complain.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by greeneyedbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product. It cleans my skin very well and kills all of my pimples. But boy is this stuff drying! It will leave your skin flaky and irritated if you do not moisturize your face after using this. Overall this is great for clearing up acne but you have to use a moisturize immediately after this.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2009 12:21:00 AM More reviews by bbycakess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

when i first bought my first bottle i thought this was a life saver. all my pimples totally went away! i was soo surprised and it didnt dry out my skin. then i bought my second bottle and ohhh boyy what can i sayy. it totally dry out my skin! it was terrible. it dried out my face completely....my skin was really tight. around my mouth area it was soo dried out that it was really painful to talk and eat and also really flakely! i went to put face lotion around my mouth area and it BURNS it feels like a papercut on your mouth with alcohol! this product dried my mouth area soo badly that i had to go to the dermatologist. currently i still use it but really rarely. i will not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by AyEcHiHuAhUa

Every ones skin is different. My skin likes this product. I was able to stop using aspirin mask after I started using this face wash. I had used aspirin mask for literally years until I found this. I have used an entire bottle of this wash and purchased a second, which I think I have never done in my entire life with any face wash before.
It is rather caustic, I'll give it that. If you have dry skin, RUN from this product. I have very oily skin that needs to be wrangled under control and this is just the ticket. I had been washing my face quite successfully with Johnson's Baby Shampoo for awhile before I started this face wash - and the Johnson's, paired with aspirin mask did great. However, I felt the need to moisturize with the combination of the two, and moisturizers ALWAYS break me out, no matter the type, no matter of oil free or not (which sucks). So, I would combat the dryness with moisturizer, and then combat the zits with aspirin mask and the cycle continued.
With this, I do not need a moisturizer because I am not pairing it with any other drying acne remedy. It did dry my face out A LOT at first. The first two weeks were tight-dry skin hell. However, I resisted the urge to moisturize, and soon enough my skin started to (yes) produce more oil than it had been, which naturally moisturized my face. I find that it works best if I use it at night before bed, and let my natural oils come out overnight and moisturize my skin so that in the morning I just blot before applying makeup and my skin is clear but moisturized from my natural oils. This has worked for me for about 2 months now and will update if there are any negative changes.
I love that it clears out clogged pores that came during the day as I massage it into my skin while washing. Please note: MAKE SURE that you squirt into hand and build a lather and use the LATHER to wash your face, not the straight liquid. It says this on the bottle and it is very important.
I have only gotten a couple of full blown zits since using it, and they were small. A few hormonal cystic ones popped up but were gone in a few days before surfacing with daily use of this product. Would recc for oily skinned and acne prone, NOT for dry or even normal skin really.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2009 9:23:00 PM More reviews by emily0628

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this to wash my face amd my makeup off, it seems to work for me. I use it everynight along with a scrub and it doesnt give me any problems. I like it.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2009 2:57:00 AM More reviews by maattress

Oh god, this product is a complete mess. I read that it worked well for oily skin, as I have oily skin I was excited to try it. I only used it on my nose, which is the only oil issue problem. After a week of using it, two painful cystic pimples and several other white-puss filled ones, I have decided to stop using this product.

Really bad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A while back i had a small patch of pimples/blisters type around my chin! After being recommend by the Pharmacist I brought this product. It worked really well! After 2 or 3 days my pimples went away! The only bad thing about this product is you cant use it everyday! It is not made for an everyday cleaner only because it made my face feel strange plastic like! So i ony use this whenever i have a pimple or some sort of acne! After buying a large bottle it will last me forever so i dont have to be buying this overs and overs again! so for me this is a spot treatment not an all over face treatment! Maybe i will buy this again when i run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2009 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, this is one Neutrogena product I can say I keep going back to. I've been down the Proactiv/Murad road for my loyalty, and I've tried alot of high end acne cleaners from department stores, such as Clinique's acne line (although I do still use this Toning lotion) and I've tried low tech Clearasil, Spectrogel and Noxzema ( was my favorite as a teen) I've even oil cleansed, From Clarins to EVOO to Shiseido.
I keep going back to this very basic, honest cleanser that seems to keep me free of breakouts for a long time. Im not saying I don't ever break out...I'm 32 and my hormones are nuts, so yeah I still do. But not as bad, and they heal quickly.

For shock value: Alot of people will tell you

☼Do not use a toning lotiong containing Salicylic acid if you're using a cleanser contain the same ingredient

•Simply not so. I do this, and its rare, that my skin is tight and dry. I use the Reviewed product and follow it with the Clinique toning lotion I mentioned. Then, I use...and this you're gonna say is bad...Proactive BP repairng lotion. I find these 3 things tend to keep me free of breakouts.

~~~Update~~~~
As I 'd menioned, I still purchase Proactive BP lotion. I've tried other's...Clinique was one, and and Benzoylotion, I did not like these. The main ingriedent in the Proactiv Bp lotion is water. In fact, there is no mineral oil in this product=bonus.
THAT said, Proactiv Customer service and Kit Options are a real b*tch. I tried to just order the lotion, no can-do...not enuff to ship. I tried picking out another product from their catalouge...no again. It had to be a combo of the three piece kit I'd originally ordered. Bummer. So I chose 2 BP repair lotion and the Cleanser, I think the toning solution is garbage. My skin hates Glycolic acid.
The CRUX of the biscuit: I tried the Proactiv cleanser again, because I thought my skin didn't look that great, it was there anyway, piling up...what the hell.

Uh. No.
It was good...for a week or two, then millia. I kept going. They turned into pimples. I stopped and went back to Neutrogena Deep Clean again. But yes, it has been a drying change over. I frigged up with the Proactiv cleanser, and Im using Sweet Almond oil as an extra moisturizer. *fingers crossed :L
***UPDATE***
Three years later...wow. I liked my skin better then. FAAAACK why can't I find what I want?!?!?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 7:05:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

dries my skin out, doesnt take out my makeup as well as L'oreal skin genesis cleanser (pink bottle)...esp waterproof eye makeup.....thumbs down.