October 1, 2014 | 1031 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by fishers7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Really love this brush. It is great for applying my liquid foundations and for blending after I have contoured. I haven't noticed any shedding with it and I have used it quite frequently since it arrived and washed several times as well. Considering purchasing a spare one to have around and/or use in my travel makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by humc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before using this brush, I had always applied my foundation with my fingers. In using my fingers, my foundation did not always look as smooth and natural as I would like, and sometimes I would use too much foundation.

So I finally sucked it up and bought this brush. I did buy it during a promotion when Sigma was offering free shipping.
It arrived promptly and in cute packaging! The brush is easy to hold and the bristles on it are dense and so soft.

When I first applied my liquid foundation, I could not believe the difference it made in how my makeup looks. I use the Estee Lauder double wear foundation and work in sections. I first put a couple dots of foundation on my right side of my face with my finger. I then use this Sigma brush to stipple it on the right side, then lightly buff over it all to erase brush marks. I repeat this process on my left side of my face and forehead.

I am beyond happy that I purchased this brush because it really helps to make my foundation flawless and like I'm not wearing any makeup at all.

I wash this brush after every-other use to prevent buildup of foundation and staining. I do this by combining Dawn anti-bacterial soap and a LITTLE bit of olive oil and it works wonders! it's like the olive oil separates the foundation from the brush. After the foundation is cleaned out, I follow up with a bit more of just the Dawn soap to ensure the olive oil residue is completely gone. This has been the best method I have found and keeps my brush clean and white. I have notice one or two bristles coming out every so often, and I hope they don't completely fa out!

Overall, this brush was well worth the money and I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by allyxo141

I LOVE this brush. Honestly I ordered it online and with shipping it was around $25 CAN and its amazing. The bristles are super soft and they dont fall out whatsoever. It makes foundation look flawless.
I cant even express how great this brush is, if you're considering it, BUY IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After watching videos on youtube for the past 2 years and seeing nearly everyone use this I finally gave in and bought one.... OMG am I glad I did!! I was hesitant because of the price, but figured can that many people be wrong? lol. I love this! I have been using it everyday for the past week that I have had it. I have tried it with cream and liquid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by nukacola

In a word, fantastic. Super dense, so applies foundation both quickly and evenly, but surprisingly dries fast too (a couple of hours on my towel-covered radiator). I achieve a flawless finish every time with this wonderful brush. It's possibly the softest thing I've ever touched in my life too - it's a pleasure to use. I find it needs cleaning fairly often as it is so dense, but it cleans up so nicely and is left looking new and feeling ultra soft every time. Foundation doesn't stain the bristles at all somehow! Would buy again and again if mine ever broke. Wholeheartedly recommended to anyone who uses foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Chellachic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For stippling foundation on, the F80 worked decently, nothing amazing. As soon as I started buffing in the foundation the brush started shedding like crazy. I'm really dissapointed by all the shedding considering how much money I spent. Also I really didn't like the brush for buffing. I found it too stiff and made streaky marks on my face. Maybe I just got a dud but I really didn't like this brush.

I now use the elf powder brush for my foundation. 3 dollar and it doesn't shed!! Highly recommend the elf brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Laurennnuhhh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all, I LOVE this brush, like LOVE. But...the brush and I have a total love/hate relationship. This brush is amazing for foundation especially liquid. I got this for the first time a couple months back after using just a sponge and seeing everyone rave about it on YouTube. At first, I was in LOVE with it! It applies foundation so effortlessly and streak free! It gives an amazing finish! Loved it! After about...I would say a month, the farrel or the metal part that connects to the black part came loose and the brush started to shed like CRAZY. I tried to duct tape it until I ordered a new one. I thought I just got a bad brush, wrong. I ordered a new one, everything was fine until about, again, a month in. The brush SHEDS LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW! I'm so scared to apply my foundation let alone wash the dang thing without it like falling apart! The hairs get EVERYWHERE! I don't know if it's my fault or just how the quality is?! Needless to say, that's where I took two lippies off. If it weren't for the shedding, I would repurchase. But, I will not repurchase. I am going to try out the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, let's hope I have better luck.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by projectRun

I had high expectation for this product. It was raved by all my friends, youtube gurus and had great reviews. When I first recieved the product, I did not have a problem with it. It seemed sturdy and very soft. My foundation applied looked the best than it has ever. HOWEVER, the hair starts FALLING off in chunks and getting all over my face to the point it had to go into the trash. I gave it 2 stars because it gave my skin an airbrush effect but the quality of the brush is terrible. I paid 20 something dollars for chunks of the hair to fall off in less than 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by MAC92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love love love this brush! I've been wanting to buy the F80 for months since I was continuously getting that streaky foundation look from my MAC 190. This brush is seriously AMAZING! I take half the time to get ready now that I use it to apply my foundation... you use less product (depending on how much coverage you want) as it blends in liquid foundation so well and evenly onto your face, giving you that flawless finish. It's really a great investment & it's not as pricey as MAC brushes. So if you don't already own it, you're missing out! The only thing I regret about this brush is not buying it sooner.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 7:35:00 PM More reviews by swolf123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's pretty good, but I don't think it's worth all the raves. I used it for about 4 months, and while my technique might not be as perfect as some others, it didn't always give me a streak-less finish. It also shedded a bit.

I was all set in continuing to use it, since I liked it well enough, but then I found Shiseido Foundation Brush and I quickly discontinued using the Sigma. The Shiseido brush is much stubbier, but it provides a more flawless finish and it has never shed. It's also much more soft. For reference I've used the following foundation brushes/applicators and probably more I can't remember: Bobbi Brown, Giorgio Armani, Mac, Smashbox, Sigma, Laura Mercier, Beauty Blender, Koh Gen Do, & MFU.