December 22, 2014 | 1739 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - F80 Flat Top Synthetic Kabuki (was SS197)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by brunnaaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I needed some new brushes, but I didn't wanna pay 50 dollars for one, so my friend told me about Sigma brushes, I went to check it out and I was pleased with the prices, so I bought this brush, I use it everyday to apply my liquid foundation and I love love love it, it does its job perfectly, I can blend the foundation all over. The only problem that I have with this brush is that it picks up a lot of product and it goes deep inside the brush or it accumulates in the middle and it won't work as good.. You have to wash it frequently, and it takes a while to dry..

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by xclusive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe it! I've had this brush only 4 months and its already falling apart. I use it about 4 times a week and wash it properly as well. (I never let the water run down into the handle and always dry it upside down) Tonight when I was washing it strands of hair started to fall out and when I pulled a few of the loose ones the whole thing brush started coming out of the handle! I pushed it back in and hopefully I can still use it because I really liked this brush. Its a shame because I have Ecotool brushes that have lasted me for years. Maybe I got a bad brush?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by glamarlo1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I feel like I am the only one that doesn't like this brush. After seeing so many people rave about it I finally bought it. I was so excited to try it out and I wanted to love it, but I just couldn't. It didn't leave my face looking flawless and it did not blend my foundation well. My elf powder brush does a better job.....super disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by LenneSammy

this brush is great at blending out my foundations and it applies more coverage with less product! its decently priced, but when i washed it one time, the brush was starting to wiggle at the ferrel. i never relly use this as much anymore cause when i stipple it on i feel it moving and i think its gonna break off. the brush itself is great but the brush i feel should be glued together better

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by timothybcat

I'm surprised to discover that Sigma recommends this brush for cream and liquid products, and the F82 for minerals products; for me, I'd make the opposite recommendation. The F82 feels just slightly denser, which means it applies powders more heavily and therefore makes mineral makeup (which can look cakey anyway) look cakey.

So I use the F82 for my liquid foundations, and the F80 flat-top kabuki for my Pur Minerals compact foundation. It picks up just the right amount of product so I get a flawless application without having to either A: buff and buff because I applied too much and it looks cakey, or B: go back and forth to the compact 20 times to get my entire face done.

These brushes are so incredibly soft and the individual fibers feel very silky. If you have dry patches the buffing brushes might not be for you because the can cause microexfoliation and make dry skin look more flaky. I bought the F80 in the 4-piece Kabuki Kit, which is $62.00, or $13.00 per brush. Not a bad deal for the quality of the brushes. I'm happy to agree with the hype around these brushes!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by fishers7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Really love this brush. It is great for applying my liquid foundations and for blending after I have contoured. I haven't noticed any shedding with it and I have used it quite frequently since it arrived and washed several times as well. Considering purchasing a spare one to have around and/or use in my travel makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 4:01:00 PM More reviews by humc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before using this brush, I had always applied my foundation with my fingers. In using my fingers, my foundation did not always look as smooth and natural as I would like, and sometimes I would use too much foundation.

So I finally sucked it up and bought this brush. I did buy it during a promotion when Sigma was offering free shipping.
It arrived promptly and in cute packaging! The brush is easy to hold and the bristles on it are dense and so soft.

When I first applied my liquid foundation, I could not believe the difference it made in how my makeup looks. I use the Estee Lauder double wear foundation and work in sections. I first put a couple dots of foundation on my right side of my face with my finger. I then use this Sigma brush to stipple it on the right side, then lightly buff over it all to erase brush marks. I repeat this process on my left side of my face and forehead.

I am beyond happy that I purchased this brush because it really helps to make my foundation flawless and like I'm not wearing any makeup at all.

I wash this brush after every-other use to prevent buildup of foundation and staining. I do this by combining Dawn anti-bacterial soap and a LITTLE bit of olive oil and it works wonders! it's like the olive oil separates the foundation from the brush. After the foundation is cleaned out, I follow up with a bit more of just the Dawn soap to ensure the olive oil residue is completely gone. This has been the best method I have found and keeps my brush clean and white. I have notice one or two bristles coming out every so often, and I hope they don't completely fa out!

Overall, this brush was well worth the money and I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 11:18:00 PM More reviews by allyxo141

I LOVE this brush. Honestly I ordered it online and with shipping it was around $25 CAN and its amazing. The bristles are super soft and they dont fall out whatsoever. It makes foundation look flawless.
I cant even express how great this brush is, if you're considering it, BUY IT.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by kmd521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After watching videos on youtube for the past 2 years and seeing nearly everyone use this I finally gave in and bought one.... OMG am I glad I did!! I was hesitant because of the price, but figured can that many people be wrong? lol. I love this! I have been using it everyday for the past week that I have had it. I have tried it with cream and liquid.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by nukacola

In a word, fantastic. Super dense, so applies foundation both quickly and evenly, but surprisingly dries fast too (a couple of hours on my towel-covered radiator). I achieve a flawless finish every time with this wonderful brush. It's possibly the softest thing I've ever touched in my life too - it's a pleasure to use. I find it needs cleaning fairly often as it is so dense, but it cleans up so nicely and is left looking new and feeling ultra soft every time. Foundation doesn't stain the bristles at all somehow! Would buy again and again if mine ever broke. Wholeheartedly recommended to anyone who uses foundation.