September 3, 2014 | 1092 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Fusion

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try this mascara since I haven't used Cover Girl since middle school. As a college student, I was very happy with the price ($6.99).
PRO's
- Cheap
- Pretty packaging
- Zero clumps
- Added length
- Separates lashes nicely
- Doesn't smell gross
- Doesn't flake or smudge
- Although the applicator is large, it is easy to handle
- Easy to achieve 'natural' look
CON's
- Had to apply many times to surpass the 'natural' look and get 'volume'
- Time consuming, taking at least 3 minutes of application (due to layering)
- Requires Q-Tips to remove excess mascara off of eyelids
- Wears off within an hour of weary
Bottom line: would not purchase again, honestly a waste of $6.99! I actively avoid it in my vanity and I should just throw it out...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by blowpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a nice mascara! It lengthens my lashes and slightly volumizes them. I like how it's not too runny and clumpy either. I only apply 1 coat but it would work if you wanted to do more.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by PrettyMichy69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara SUCKS!!!!! It went on too too wet and it brought my eyelashes down after I curled them so I had to recurl them. Totally wouldn't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a HORRIBLE product. It's so wet you have to wait to even open your eyes for like, 10 minutes. It's like putting water on your lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

This did not do as much as I had originally hoped. With gimmicks that it has "the length of Lashblast Length" and "the volume of Lashblast Volume", the slogans by themselves raised the expectations level to an extreme. First off, the positives. You do get a lot of product for the $10 that you can get this product for- .44fl.oz., which is probably a record amount! Also, it does not clump. Clumping is just impossible with Lashblast in general. Also, I like how black the color comes out. It is very dark, a blue-black, and it is not hard to take this product off. Now, the negatives. The brush has very short, SHARP bristles that harbor almost no product. It is very hard to get a dramatic look when very little product is applied by the brush. Also, it does not give the amazing length and volume it promises. It gives good definition and okay length- very natural-looking results. If you have naturally long lashes, then this mascara should give you nice emphasis. If you have short, thin, discolored lashes like me and are in need of something that will give them extreme glamour, then this is not the mascara. Also, it kind of flakes and can come off a bit too easily sometimes. So yeah- it's not a dramatic mascara, it won't give you epic results, just natural ones. I would recommend it but not to everybody.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by kikidoll27

I tried this a loooong time ago, around when it first came out. My Mom went on a CG mascara raid at CVS a few weeks ago (coupons.) and this was one she picked up, which I snatched from her immediately. The packaging of this is probably my favorite of the LashBlasts; it's purple! I'm actually not a huge fan of the color purple, but it looks really nice on the tube. But, as always, the tube it hugely bulky. It's a LB staple, along with the huge wand, which I find annoying. With this mascara, I always have to wipe excess off the tip since the brush has so much product on it. It takes about two coats and one minute to get my mascara looking how I like it to. It volumizes well and definitely lenghtens. I find that it lenghtens more than it volumizes, but it looks good, so it's not an issue for me. No flaking or panda eyes, and it's pretty clump free. I don't think this makes my lashes look dry/brittle, which is a huge plus for me. I think I would repurhcase, but I am a complete mascara junkie, so who knows. Actually, scratch that. I know I won't repurchase. I think the only mascara I've ever repurchased is LBV, and I prefer that over this.
Note: my lashes are black and natrually pretty thick and decently long. My friend has sparse asian lashes, and she hates this stuff, so I think I just got lucky.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by cblazer973

I am always looking for new mascaras to try and when my mom bought home an extra tube of this, I jumped at the opportunity to try it. I have always flopped between Maybelline and CoverGirl when it came to mascaras because I'm always looking for something to make my lashes a little longer and a littler fuller. I like the formula of this mascara and the brush, to an extent. The brush is nice, and the bristles do a really good job of separating my lashes. However, the end of the brush is blunt and always seems to pull out way too much product and occasionally when I am getting the tiny lashes near my nose, I will bump my skin and have black mascara all over my nose. With that said, I like this mascara and would but it for myself again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, I have sparse thin asian lashes that are neither too short nor lusciously long. And without Mascara they are non-existent. With that being said, I look for a mascara that gives me great volume, clump free and separates well with some slight lengthening. This is a great non-clumping mascara, but I really need to layer a couple of coats like 3-4 to get my lashes to stand out. If I just use one coat, they only VERY SLIGHTLY define my lashes, doesnt seem to be super lengthening either. With 3-4 coats, my lashes look okay nothing too vavavoomish. The wand is easy to use, although its quite chunky. Stays all day and holds my curl decently enough. All in all, this is a mediocre mascara for me, not bad but certainly nothing to rave about, I find the CG Volume in Orange tube works better at volumising. Bottomline, this gives okay definition and slight lengthening without clumping, and stays all day without smudging.... if you are looking for a mascara that gives that natural look, this is it but if you're looking for vavavoom lashes, look elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by doristam

I've been using this product for several months and I like it very much. There's no clumping, and I can easily layer the mascara without getting tarantula eyes. I don't experience flaking. I use this in conjunction with the Shiseido eyelash curler.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by jeniphooo

As far as lengthening and volumizing, this product does the job. However, it cannot hold a curl. What's the point of having long luscious lashes if theyre pointing at the ground? I have the shiseido eyelash curler and it works amazing with my regular lashblast, was hoping to receive similar results with this one. Will not purchase again.