July 31, 2014 | 1932 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think this foundation is the best choice for oily skins out there even if you have ridiculously oily skin this one is a keeper. Has great coverage medium to almost full and sets matte . Also contains some great ingredients such as salicylic acid so this one covers but at the same time will help you a little bit combat break outs .The texture is quite liquidy but its not watery has almost a creamy/mouse feeling. I personally wouldnt buy it again only because my skin is not that oily and i dont quite enjoy matte finish foundations since my skin is reasonably dry . The coverage is quite high and gives a lovely velvety finish that lasts all day Keep in mind that this one is a quite thick high coverage foundation so if you are into this whole natural looking make up then this one isnt for you. For my experience oily/ problematic skin is usually thicker and also has slightly uneven texture so you definitely need a higher coverage foundation to balance these issues out and this foundation offers that .As I said this foundation is perfect for oily and very oily skins others stay away from it

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by hannahdlc

I had a really bad breakout after trying a new foundation, which I then replaced with this. The lady at the Clinique counter recommended it to me because of the breakout and because I am generally acne prone. When I put the foundation on the next day, it looked so bad that I ended up crying and considering cancelling my plans. It didn't cover anything, looked horribly cakey and chalky and accentuated any dry patches, even though I put plenty of moisturiser underneath.

After a few hours' wear, it did look less cakey but I think this was only due to oil developing, as a result of the foundation drying out my skin. I tried it again this morning and got the same cakey results so I went straight back to the shop and returned it!

The name of this foundation is really appealing as I was fooled into thinking it would actually cover and help heal my acne, but as my skin isn't particularly oily, it looked hideous on me and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by galielishav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

HORRIBLE. THICK, TERRIBLE, ORANGE AND CAKEY!!! WORSTE BUY EVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by wonderfulJ

The reviews that are poor on here only reflect that this product is NOT RIGHT for the review-ers skin type.

This IS a fantastic solution to acne-prone skin.
This is undeniably the best foundation I have ever used for my combination (type 2) skin that is very acne prone around the chin area (hormonal acne) and occasionally on the jawline and forehead.

The tester I tried (in both 01 and 02) was so good and started to clear up my pimples almost instantly, as such I was extremely impressed (and desperate to clear up my skin) I went and bought the full size the very next day.

As an acne sufferer (with moderate, sometimes severe acne around the chin area) for years, I can assure anyone out there reading this, that this has been the single best thing I have tried in clearning up my acne - second only to proper skin care routine (i.e. cleansing properly and good exfoliation).

I am dead serious...anyone with stubborn acne they need to rid of NOW , buy this. It is worth the price.
I have found this to be more effective at clearing up my acne than even DIET. And I am a huge advocate for a balanced diet.

I hope this was helpful to anyone considering purchasing.
Please ask for a sample to determine whether it is suitable for your skin, where possible. And always moisturise well (with a moisturiser suitable for acne prone skin) before applying any foundation, especially this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2011 11:03:00 PM More reviews by lovejessa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I went into Clinique to buy a light powder foundation and somehow got talked into buying this. I use the anti blemish solutions 3-step, its great, so I thought I would try this, I mean its specially formulated for acne prone skin, so it wouldn't break you out, right? Wrong. I used this once, and my forehead broke out in about 8 huge pimples, over the course of the week after I used it. I hadn't got a pimple like that on my forehead for over 6 weeks, so it has to be this stuff. I read some reviews on here that said it broke them out, too but I didn't listen, so if you have/ have had acne, buy any foundation other than this, its actually crap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by kedery

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

13/03/2012 Estee lauder double wear is better, thats why i have given it 4 stars in stead of 5.....I love this foundation, i heve it in color 02 and matches perfect. I am using this now for a week and my blemishes are better on my chin! Its very good blendable. I use a foundation brush of the body shop or my clinique's. my face looks fawless!!!
on top i use the Mattify! cosmetics loose powder ultra and my skin has never been so beautiful.
I have oily/comb skin with blemishes on chin. They are much better now.

A while ago i did a review on make up forever matte foundation but i like the clinique more! The MUFE was visible in my pores and oxidized after a few hours. It was then the best foundation i have used but now im in love with the clinique!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2011 8:06:00 PM More reviews by ionab23

When I read the reviews on boots.com (4.5 stars) I thought maybe I should give this a try as I find Melissa BB Cream is too greasy for my skin and I have few acnes every now and then which doesn't help to have heavy foundation on. The SA tired on me and picked the lightest colour for my skin and it felt nice and light at the time. After I tried few times at home, it seems very difficult to blend and visible stripes everywhere and it doesn't like other powders on the top (Mac, Loreal and Laneige). So I left it for awhile and thinking maybe something wrong my skin that week but 2 month later I tried to apply it again and when I step out the door it already start creasing around t-zone area and I had go back home and take it off.
Pro: light weight, not greasy feeling
Con: Difficult to blend, over-priced, dry up your skin

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by B4mbi

I started using the Anti-Blemish Solution 3 step System after having a permanent break out. It was working well so I decided to get a tester pot in the Anti-Blemish Solutions Make-Up. When the SA applied it, I didn't like it too much however the next day I decided to try it for myself and I'm happy I did!

I found this foundation very light and airy, it gave me a very natural look, smooths on nicely. For me I think this foundation compliments the Anti-Blemish 3 step range extremely well. Usually I would apply regular make-up (Esteè Lauder, BB, Mac,) and it would feel heavy on my skin then I would get a shine half way through the day depending on which one I used. This one for me has been fantastic!

The price is average for me as I only ever buy prestigious make-up brands. I would recommend it to a friend if they had combination to oily skin, or to someone who uses the anti-blemish solution range.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by sarah0717

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It works and it doesn't. Sometimes when you apply the needed area it's VERY orange and almost has a plastic look to it. The shade is perfect for my tone but when did ivory turn orange? I guess it's not recommened for people who want a full coverage (even though it's suppose to look natural) it does work well covering some parts that are typically red like acne/scars which gives a natural tone to it which is great!!

I wouldn't say it helped my acne but it less broke me out then the previous foundations I used which is good. It also lasts a couple of months if you use it for a dailey make up routine.
I would say it's a even price but I don't think it's worth the price.The packaging is helpful and easy to carry around. I'm glad it's not made out of useless materials like glass and it's not really bulky.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by BGBG

I've been using this concealer/foundation for a month and so far, I'm very pleased. It covers up nearly every spot with just a teeny bit of product (I use the #3, natural). I apply the product by putting a small amount on the back of my hand and then tapping it on red spots with my finger. This actually works very well. A little smoothing out is all that's needed to blend it in with the rest of your skin. Note that I haven't used it all over my face but rather to conceal small areas. This easily lasts a full working day on me and does not turn shiny.

I started using this at the same time I started a treatment with accutane to get rid of persisent acne. Because of that I find it hard to tell if it dries out existing spots, but I haven't been breaking out when using it. It will probably not take care of all your blemishes but it's nice to know it's treating your spots (more or less), as well as covering them up.

This isn't the cheapest foundation out there, but then again it's probably the most skin-friendly and natural looking one I've found. I also feel that it will last for a long time. I'm a guy and don't feel like spending hours on covering up red spots with different kinds of make-up. This does the job for me, quick and easy!

Pros: easy to use, effective, lasts all day, clean packaging, helps fight existing spots
Cons: slightly pricy