October 25, 2014 | 887 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:43:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Small amount of mascara but it really lengthens your lashes. I said in the review of the mascara + serum system, I go for length in my lashes. I couldn't imagine a day wearing mascara without this! It totally gets the job done and more. My eyelashes reach to my eyebrows.

I used to love the Double Extend Mascara in the red and white tube as well, without the lash boosting serum. It's such a good mascara for such a good price you can just run out and get it anytime. Don't pass this one up!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2010 5:41:00 PM More reviews by violetsky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

Even without the lash boosting serum, this partner system is a pretty good buy.

First of all, the mascara is wonderful. It really does lengthen your lashes! I don't know where I would be without it. Of course it doesn't last that long, but it's cheap enough to go out and buy it every time you are out. I really go for length with my mascara, and without it, my eyelashes are short.

Lash serum is pretty good too. When I remember to put it on every night, my lashes do look better when I put it on the night before. It's cheap and so far has done what it has promised.

Pro's: pretty good price, does what it says, really does make your lashes look a mile long
Con's: Not a lot of mascara for the big tube

Overall: What a great buy, even with just the mascara. Go for it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by SakuraPurinsesu

Being a BzzAgent, I received this set right before christmas. I was quite excited to get it and try it out.

Before I review this - my lashes are pretty thick to begin with. But I happen to get a lot of lash fallout when I wear mascara.

Being pretty religious with application of the serum alone at night, I noticed less lash fallout, along with faster regeneration of lashes. I'm not sure if there has been an increase of density of lashes, but the less lash fallout has made me happy.

As for the mascara - I followed the rules directly. So, it's serum, part 1 of the two step, then the mascara.

The serum applies easily. The Part 1 is also easy to apply, and separates the lashes. The mascara is the troubling factor. When I apply it, it feels like it pulls a little because of the other products that are already on the lashes. Also, one has to remember to coat the lashes to make sure none of the white serum shows.

For me, the end result is lengthened lashes, but personally, they look a little stringy for my taste. I happen to love love love Max Factor's 2000 calorie Extreme Volume mascara, but it's been discontinued.

I think this set is perfect for those who are lacking in the lash area, and they'll definitely get a boost from this set. I personally love the serum more than the mascara, so I would personally just buy the serum, and ditch the mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by kiskadeett

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received these products for free as a BzzAgent.
I already reviewed the lash serum separately so to summarize, it's an okay product. It works but you have to use it consistantly to see results.
But I'm here to talk about the masara. It's amazing. This is the best mascara I've ever used in my whole life. It's not waterproof so it washes off easily with my regular cleanser, but it does not smudge during the day or run at all. That's a miracle right there since I have oily skin and my previous experience with mascaras have been very bad. It was always real smudgy or waterproof but hell to take off. Not L'Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Mascara.
I curl my lashes first and then apply the primer. I think it has fibres in it because it makes my lashes sooooo long and thick. Before it dries, I apply the black mascara which covers up the white primer, makes my lashes darker, thicker and longer. It gives a spidery effect in a good way. If you're going for a natural look, then this is not for you.
I must warn you though, that in order to get the best out of the mascara, you have to apply it immediately after the primer. The first couple of times I wore this, I put the primer on both eyes first and then took too long to put the mascara on when the primer was already kinda dry. I found that the mascara didn't go on that well and it didn't always cover up the white primer. The mascara isn't a wet formula to begin with so I guess it needed something wet (primer) to grab on to to work. So now, I put primer on one eye first, then mascara it, then do the other eye. Perfect.
I love it so much; it makes me feel so girly since my short lashes have doubled in length. I will definitely purchase this when mine runs out (or expires).

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2010 12:18:00 AM More reviews by krisrj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received the system free to try from Bzz Agent. I was excited to try the product, because I am hooked on L'Oreal mascaras. After trying Revlon and Cover Girl a few times, I keep returning to L'Oreal. I also wanted to check out the serum because there is really no reason that the serum should work - it does not contain active ingredients which will lengthen the eyelash growth cycle. I couldn't tell a difference looking at my before and after 5 week pics.
The mascara was slightly below average. It provides great length, but you can't layer it for added volume because that will result in clumping and flaking during the day. Nearly every day the mascara on my bottom lashes would flake off throughout the day. Maybe the mascara made my eyes itchier than usual so I would rub them - not sure. The white primer coat was difficult to cover up with the black topcoat - I often had white patches showing through. I think that L'Oreal Telescopic or Telescopic Explosion with a coat of Voluminous Full Definition on top will give you a better combination of extreme length and nice volume without clumps.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/27/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by beckhamlvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using the serum and that mascara. Purchased them separately though. Anyway, I love the serum but the mascara is just so so. I prefer the voluminous mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by TessaSmith22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I received both the mascara and serum for being a Buzz Agent, and I'm so glad because I don't think I would have tried them otherwise.

Mascara: I give the mascara a 5 for sure. I usually use lash blast, because 'regular' bristle brushes usually don't give me enough separation. But, I was really, really, impressed with the length this mascara gave me. It did not clump up at all, and didn't flake off during the day. I usually don't wear mascara because it is such a pain to get it all off. I was so impressed with this product because it came right off in the shower (I was too tired to take it off the night before). Alllll of it.
Cons: it doesn't give volume, and I really need some volume in my lashes. This is also a very wet formula, and all the moisture makes my lashes loose curl (they are naturally strait -a huge pain in the butt!).

Serum: I give this a 3. I do have to admit that I didn't use it every night, and maybe this is why I didn't see results. The only thing I noticed was softer lashes, which I don't really need (who is going to be feeling my lashes??). I had really high hopes for this product, and was kind of disappointed. But hey, I'll keep using it and maybe I'll get some results. Hopefully I'll have to update this with some good news. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 3:25:00 AM More reviews by ericaj2

So I've only been using this for a little over a week, and I already notice a difference in the length of my lashes! I use the serum nightly, and the mascara base daily. I personally don't care for the top coat of the mascara, so I just use the primer (which has the serum in it) and my Dior mascara on top. So far I love it! I can't wait to see what my eyeslashes look like after four weeks! I will definately update! (I never review products unless I think they are either fabulous or horrible, and this is fabulous!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by aprila220

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the mascara only. I did not purchase the serum with it. But after the reviews, I wish I had! I actually love this mascara so far (I've only used it twice). It does not clump and only takes a couple of coats, even after using the primer. I purchased it in blackest black. I even got a couple of compliments on my eye make-up last night after using it. Coincidence? I don't think so! It seemed to give volume AND lengthen! I know it's early on, but I could be in love, lol. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because like I said, I've only used it twice...
UPDATE: Been using a month now and still love it! My best friend took pics of me last weekend when I was wearing it and my lashes look soooo fantastic in the pics...I don't think I'll ever give up on my mascara trying obsession but this will at least make me rethink it! FYI: Still also using it without the serum. I'll eventually get around to trying it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this set as a bzzagent. This honest review is based on 3 weeks of daily use. Sorry for the long post. Just want to give alllll the info :)

I love these products. The packaging is useful bc it gives you plenty of information about the product. The trick with these is that you have to use both products (serum day and night, and booster/mascara duo during the day over the serum), and you have to use them for an extended period of time to notice a difference. I noticed more length around 2 weeks, and more volume in about 2.5 weeks. (This is when I actually *noticed* the difference).. Lash fall out is actually reduced. Yay!

The serum: is nice. No irritation. Makes mascara go on more smoothly. Actually works. Enhances mascaras.

The Primer of the Duo: Primer goes on differently every time until you get the hang of it. Helps get more volume out of the mascara. No trouble going over the serum. Sometimes hard to cover the white completely. Not sure if using just this duo without the serum will do much.

The Mascara of the Duo: Not for volume. Little bit of volume over the primer. Length is pretty good though. Color is great, nice and shiny. Removes easily. No smudging, flaking, or transfer. Brush is decent. Would love one of the rubber bristle brushes. I know some ppl don't like those, but they work well with my lashes.

The only negative I can find in my personal experience is that the lash growth varies. Some of my lashes are growing way out before others. This causes an uneven fringe, but hey, it's working, so I don't really care haha.

This set is for anyone who is willing to put in the effort and use both products every day for at least 4 weeks to see a difference. I have used other mascaras over the serum and/or over the primer and this has enhanced those mascaras (volume, length, what have you).

One of my pet peeves is when someone makes assumptions based on one bad experience, or generally bc of their inability to use a product correctly, or doesn't put in the effort to see results. Don't be lazy people! Haha! Just try and do things the right way, and they will work out better for you :)

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No