September 18, 2014 | 859 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by fcp

I was given a couple testers of this product and I love it! I finally committed to buying a bottle and I'm sure this is going to continue as a necessity in my skincare regime. My skin has been through the ringer! Lots of sun damage, a bout of Accutane for severe cystic acne in my early 20's and some fractional laser skin resurfacing recently for the acne scars has made my previous oily skin quite dry in some places. I no longer have breakouts so luckily the essential oils are not an issue. Living in a big city, I find sometimes by the end of the day my skin is dull and I feel like there are tiny bumps but I put this on overnight and my skin when I wake up is noticeably less irritated and more calm, less bumps, and really smooth. I put this on and put my Kiehl's Ultra Facial cream on top for extra moisture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 4:33:00 AM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bought one at some point last year, I think. Didn't do anything for me.
I seem to be one of those people who can't use lavender on their skin, that was pretty evident to me when I tried the lavender oil from Weleda. Needless to say, I am not going to spend money on this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by pacita

is the best remedy for my sensitive, dry, acne prone skin I've used This for about 9 months. I use it every night and in the morning when I wake up my skin is hydrated and soft, any irritation is gone. I really recomend this!
since I started using this my skin is better every day, now I have no acne.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I think I have a little under a teaspoon left in my blue bottle...that I probably will never use again. This stuff is no miracle for me, I didn't see any improvement at all and the bottle is almost gone. Fine lines- still there, parched skin...still there. Gave me a glow...any OIL will give you a "glow". I would wakeup every morning hoping that this stuff would work. Nope. Another disapointment. I was starting to really like Kiehl's but I can't say its because of this product. At least it didn't seem to break me out! Oh well, another one bites the dust.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2012 4:23:00 PM More reviews by paintedtoes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After reading all the reviews I decided to get a sample as the product sounded like just what I needed for dehydration. My fair (NW15-20) skin has mild flushing type rosacea, normal-dry, thin skinned, sensitive and reactive, fine pored with few breakouts. Read the ingredients, was concerned about the lavender, but really liked the consistency. I put it on after night washing with no other serums or creams as that is how I usually test a product. Well, the essential oils stuck again and I had to get up from bed and wash my face about an hour later. Many people with reactive skin just can't take lavender, and I am one of them. I think this would be an excellent product for those with normal to dry non-reactive skin. Get a sample first.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I like this, but is it a must-have? Probably not. You could probably get comparable results by mixing your own essential oils (just look at the ingredients list) and add some lavender oil. This is definitely an oil blend and not a serum, but it absorbs quickly and my skin feels hydrated in the morning.

I used a generous sample for a few weeks but I won't be buying this now that I've run out. I find that pure Argan oil is as good a moisturizer without the hefty price tag. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by CaptainJackSparrow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product. I have been using it for several months now. Even though the 'newness' of the producat as worn off in the evening I still look foward to using it. The lavender smell is wonderful. I live in a very dry climate and struggle with keeping my skin adequately moisturized and I find it works wonders. It makes my skin look amazing. It is definately an oil and not a serum. I have not experienced any breakouts since using this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 11:43:00 AM More reviews by whocareswhoiam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Whenever my face feels dry or in need of some extra nourishment to repair itself from exposure to dry climate or aggressive conditions, I use a "drop" of this serum over my Olay Regenerist Serum. It is lightweight, paraben-free and feels like oil. The oil spreads easily and absorbs quickly. The lavender oil smells great and is very relaxing in the evenings. The primrose oil is very soothing. Vitamin E is healing.

It is also wonderful to use when I feel stressed or after a long airplane flight. Works wonders to restore the skin from these situations.

Because of the oily texture, it tends to be heavy, so truly a drop is all that is needed on my normal but sensitive skin type. I do not use this daily. It is a special treatment used when needed. It does seem to do the trick overnight too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by sparrows

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing! It's painfully expensive, but it works wonders on my skin. I have very dry skin, which can get dull if it isn't heavily moisturized every night. Since I've started using this product, my skin looks alive, and much more even. I have a patch of hyperpigmentation on my cheek that has become pretty much unnoticeable to everyone except me. If you have acne-prone skin, I wouldn't get scared away by the fact that it's an oil. When my friend who has acne got a sample after hearing all my raving, she only used two or three drops and this didn't cause any breakouts for her, but she also noticed the difference in her skin. If you can bear the cost, I would definitely recommend this because your skin will not know what hit it. It'll be so happy, and so will you!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by acspanks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm obsessed with this product! It's definitely an oil as opposed to a typical serum, which disappointed me when I first bought it. I was worried it would make my face greasy and breakout but it leaves my skin so soft and supple. It says to use it at night but I use it at night and before I put my make-up on in the morning. I put a drop underneath each of my eyes as well, and my concealer goes on great. I also love the smell of it!