January 25, 2015 | 1547 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing special about this. It's just a blend of oils, and not all of them are good. For example, jojoba oil, primrose oil and rose hip oil are good for your skin, but you wanna stay away from lavender, rosemary and fragant susbtances such as linalool, citronellol and limonene. I dislike when companies that claim to be "natural" use lots of perfume on their products. Seems like they put more effort on making fragrances for products that in producing good quality products, since this has 8 types of fragrances and way less beneficial ingredients for your skin. Overall, overpriced for what you get (a blend of 3-4 beneficial oils and tons of fragance) and not worth the hype.

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by chandrikas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hi,

I totally love this product. I have been using it for about 2 months now and I see so much of a difference on my face. I have been suffering from acne for some time and it has caused me a lot of pigmentation and discolouration.

I use this serum/oil as the last step in my night time routine. For me personally it makes my skin oily when I apply it. It bothered me in the beginning but when I woke the next morning, my face felt fresh and bright & with no signs of oil.

This also has a very soothing fragrance to it. The product claims to promote sleep but I don't think its entirely true but I definitely love what it does to my skin the next day.

I use about 2-3 drops every night so I am sure this 30ml bottle is going to last for looong time! So complaints about the price. Its totally worth! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

I bought this because I wanted an overnight face treatment as part of my winter skin care routine last year and since Kiehl's product were supposed to be really good I bought this along with the Avocado Eye cream.
When I first used this product I was a bit wary because it is an oil based product, which can break some people out.
It also contains lavender oil which some people might react to
At first it seemed that it was actually making my skin look healthier and evening out my skin tone while hydrating my dry skin but after using it for 3 months I didn't see any difference. My skin wasn't able to absorb the product well and it reverted back to being dry with red patches.

I have to say I am disappointed with this product especially for the price I paid it's not worth it.

For this winter I bought the Bio Oil, which was a lot cheaper and so far it works better than Kiehl's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by swtxos

My favourite skincare item by far. There were periods when I stopped using this serum for no reason, perhaps I got bored or lazy and wanted to skip this step, but after introducing it back into my routine I always notice an immediate major improvement which begs the question why I would stop to begin with. I always wake up with radiant skin that looks plump and bright. I think this is an item that works best when integrated into a well established skincare regimen and a regular sleeping pattern.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by fikins123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an oil and I need two dropsto cover my whole face. The concentrate smells divine it has a calming lavender smell which is a perfect treat to put on before bed. After applying my face feels smooth, I always wake p with hydrated and refreshed skin after using this product I find it is especially useful in the colder winter months!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by LVMHgurl

I've never had a product do nothing for my skin. I hate the herb smell, it doesn't absorb into my skin and when I wake up, my skin doesn't even look like it's been moisturized. AT ALL.

The only good thing I can say is that it's a good value? You only have to use a couple drops so even after 2 months of use, I still have almost a full bottle left lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jenniealicel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After trying the sample, I wanted the full bottle of this concentrate. I'm not entirely sold on the packaging--the push-dropper may or may not be wasting product when I use it. I read reviews that people have found it is too greasy & doesn't sink into their skin. I'm finding that when I first apply (I use about three to four drops on nose, cheeks, forehead and work down my neck) I do look a bit greasy, but it eventually sinks in. The results are worth it--I look much better in the morning when I first wake up, and I'm hoping after continued use it will only get better.
I've paired this with their dark spot serum in the a.m. and I think it's a powerful duo. I'm almost out of the Avocado eye creme sample and am considering making a purchase of this as well. Trying to be good to my skin going into fall and winter as this is always my absolute worst time of year.
Will update if any significant improvements or changes.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

This is awful , caused my skin to peel and become more irritated! It also causes clogged pores and exasperates fine lines !:(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by kittyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Paula Begoun gives Midnight Recovery Concentrate one of her scathing reviews because she says that the fragrant oils - lavender, coriander and rosemary - are irritants. Her reviews are based on her assessment of the ingredient lists, not actual experience. Negative reviews on MUA do not seem to be based on MRC being irritating, mainly just that the product has little or no effect. I agree. I have moderately sensitive skin and have had no irritation from MRC. It has a silky texture and a light but relaxing and gorgeous fragrance. Perhaps any positive effect this product has is because it sends people off into a pleasant sleep! Every night as I apply it I wonder to myself should I scrape together the money to replace my sample with a full bottle. In the morning my skin looks much the same as it always has, and so I think 'Nah ... save ya money ...'.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 12:13:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So I finally realized that I was using this product all wrong before. I was 1) applying it OVER my night cream and 2) Using wayyy more than 2 drops for my face. I didn't get any results (except breakouts) and forgot about it on my counter. Then I found out you're supposed to use it on bare, cleansed skin (duh) under a moisturizer and I cut down to using 3 small drops all over my face. I push 3 little drops on the back of my hand, dot them all around my face, and then smooth them in. Night cream on top. I now see a noticeable difference in my skin in the morning - it's very soft, smooth, and looks hydrated. Kind of comparable to how my skin looks after using a cream with retinol in it. This is not a miracle product for me, but it's worth purchasing again.