July 30, 2014 | 1976 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Minted #85

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Twinkly1216

I've never been a fan of the mint green trend on nails because quite honestly I have never seen anyone with it on who could pull it off. I really think it just doesn't look good as a nail polish color no matter how pretty the color itself may be. I also think that the darker your skin tone, the harder this color is to pull off (unless you have short nails, this is not a long-nails color). I think maybe someone with fair, cool-toned skin would look really nice with the color.

That being said, I picked up Revlon's Minted along with Lilac Pastelle (which I love) because the color was just too pretty to pass up.

Put it on tonight and the formulation IS streaky but I found that with this I could apply only 2 coats and be ok whereas with the Lilac Pastelle I had to have at least 3 coats. I think really there's a lot of variability depending on how people apply their np. For me, after one coat it was very streaky, unwearable. After the second coat most of the nails were opaque and completely true to color to the bottle. I did have to apply a third coat to 3 of my nails because it was still a little streaky.

This didn't take me any longer to apply than any other nail polish. Another reviewer said that it takes forever to dry and I didn't run into that problem at all. I found the dry time to be very quick between coats and I did have an issue with one coat pulling the prior coat but that was only on one nail but I'm very impatient with my nail polishes and I have absolutely no patience to wait around for nail polish to dry so that's probably why. Maybe this drying issue is a batch thing?

Like I said, the color is exactly how it looks in the bottle which is good/bad. It's good because I love the color, it's such a lovely color. The bad, like I mentioned in the beginning, I really don't think this color is very suitable on a large number of skin tones.

I usually don't like it when my nail polish catches someone's attention before I do and I feel like this makes my nails scream 'look at me!!'. It also makes me feel like I should be a go-go girl or something. It looks weird. My boyfriend came into the room after I painted it and I asked him what he thought of the nail color too and he agreed with me that it looked weird and that it's a pretty color on itself but not a good nail polish color. I think that's my general opinion on it too.

It's grown on me a little more since wearing it but it's definitely not a favorite. I'll wear it again for sure just because I do really love the color on its own, just wish I could feel like it makes my hands look good too.

**Edit**
I mentioned this earlier but I'd recommend short nails with this color. I think it could look nice if you have very short nails...long nails would just look awful. I think my problem also is that I naturally just have a longer nail bed.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by seagoddess35

pretty color, nice springy green, but very streaky... 2 coats and really could use a third..

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2010 6:26:00 AM More reviews by MissTrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

VERY watery formula, but it just took some getting used to.

The color is very light, a great pastel.

No tipwear in the first 24 hours, and that is without b/t-coat.

Would I buy this product again: Sure, even though the formula was kinda tricky.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by holdenismine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like Revlon for having on trend nail colours, and good formulation, but not this one. It's really streaky, like everyone else i had to do 3 coats, but it's not just streaky. It's as though you're trying to paint your nails, but the more you go over the same spot it just won't cover it, so it's quite annoying. I definitely would not recommened buying this shade from Revlon, I'm quite dissappointed really, as all the Revlon nail polishes i've owned in the past have always been good in consistency but this one is not unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Kmakie3414

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been looking for a nice mint green colour for a while now, so when I saw this at the drugstore, I had to get it. When I did the first coat I noticed it was really streaky, and ended up having to do three coats to make it look amazing. I didn't mind that much but I can see how it would annoy people. Otherwise though, it's perfect and I will buy again! One of my new favorites!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2010 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Theophilus

Ever since seeing the pale green 'Jade' on the runways of Chanel, I've been really wanting to try the colour myself. All of the Revlon polishes I've tried so far have had non-streaky application and great lasting power.

Minted is quite a nice pastel green, but one coat is extremely streaky. With Revlon polishes, I've found that applying another coat requires a lot of caution to ensure the layer(s) before is cured (completely dried through). Otherwise, the layer on top can mess up the layer underneath, or the multiple coats take forever to dry, leaving the polish vulnerable to nasty smudging for many hours after application. As a result, I either apply one coat in the morning and another in the evening, or I apply one coat per day until I achieve the desired result. But a coat per day is rather excessive, and having streaky polish for a day is rather annoying.

If I ever get around to finding enough time for it, I'll apply 3 coats of this and see if it gets any better. Until then, this polish will be left to languish in the corner.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Emy125

As so many reviwers have described, this color is lovely (I find the toothpaste comparison very fitting) but the formula is one of the worst ever! It is streaky and poorly pigmented yet pasty! Go figure out!

You'll need a good 3-4 coats to achieve bottle color and I would suggest to wear it without a base coat (works best for me).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by thatglowingangel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes it takes 3 coats to be opaque, 1st coat=steak city, 2nd coat-patchy colour 3rd coat=perfection!
Its such a pretty colour to be worth the effort

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by sevenbells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Color is soooo pretty, cheaper alternative to similar colors. Actually I like this one even more! But application is terrible, the polish is really goopy, take a lot of patience. :/

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by essiegirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I'm really liking the current milky-green nail polish craze going on right now but didn't want to invest a whole lot into a color that was likely to be a passing trend. The color is great; as other reviewers have commented, you will need several coats to make the color opaque on your nails. With Minted, I like to do 3-4. I'm an eternal fan of OPI's Pro-Wide brush so Revlon's thinner brushes leave a little to be desired, but they still get the job done. And I know it's not the color's fault but I find this to be common among all Revlon polishes I own, and that is that the formula tends to leave micro bubbles when the polish dries, no matter how much of an effort I make to prevent them (I've never had a problem with bubbling with other brands). Durability is not as impressive as OPI, but I had minimal chips by the time I took off the polish (I actually got sick of the color first). Probably wouldn't buy again, but only because I think the bottle is going to last me awhile.