April 20, 2014 | 1656 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single in Brulee

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by scooterj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

excellant. i love a bare-looking lid for myself, and if not bare, subtle and neutral toned - dont want frost or glitter, though i love it on other people, dont want chalky (aging), disappearing, transparent etc. this is just the right shade and texture to cover without cake and stay put and bare canvas the lid. buy several!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 1:54:00 PM More reviews by lilblacksky

Nice basic shade to own. It's a matte light skin-beige color. I like using this to blend out the edges of my darker eyeshadows, or to fix eyeshadow mistakes, and sometimes as an overall lid base if I'm doing a neutral brown eye look. It's a tad darker than my natural skin tone, which is ok for most purposes, but I cannot use this for highlighting or concealing (hello brown bruises?). It can be slightly chalky sometimes, but not so much as to be a visible problem (I've had my share of chalky matte nudes...) Overall, very useful shade to have in your daily arsenal!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by threejane

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Another "Hells yes I would buy again" item.

It evens out redness, purpleness, blueness, and "Man, I slept like CRAP!"-ness on my upper eyelid. And under my lower lid. And in the inner corner. And anywhere else I might have redness (crying fit after nasty fight with hubby? Rare, but Brulee comes to the rescue!). Cancels out redness from the oh-so-occasional pimple that hasn't come to a head yet. I have one or two little teeny spider veins and two little age spots too. Brulee says "Buh-bye!" and off they slink until I wash my face and they reappear, much to my consternation. Covers up acne scars that I naughtily picked.

Can use it alone as a brow highlight. Can use it to tone down too-shimmery, too-dark, or just-bleh colors. Can be applied as a subtle highlight all the way around my eyes ("Hi! I am wildly, madly awake, even though my kid was barfing until oh-dark-thirty this morning!") Can be used to even out the occasional dark circles (over primer). I've been known to use it to cut down on redness from an excess of sun out on the slopes for some dinner event or other.

Absolutely matte with not one bit of shimmer. As I get older, shimmer is becoming my Kryptonite. It tends to bring out those oh-so-not-attractive little crepey bits that are slowly sneaking up on me in my advancing age. This has no shimmer at ALL, a true matte shadow that manages to NOT be chalky. Miracle! Especially given this particular shade of nude!

As noted in countless other reviews, buttery-soft enough to load up your brush without a ton of fallout, but not so soft that it falls apart when you touch it. I have been using mine for about six months and have started making a decent dent in the shadow.

You know what? I need to get off my ass, like right now, and buy at least six backups of this. I will cry and cry if they discontinue it and then I will have no more Brulee to cancel out the redness from crying. WTH will I do then? *shudders* At $1.99 apiece, this is one absolute freaking CHEEEEEAP HG that I HAVE to stock up on.

Edit: yes, I got off my butt and bought three more, because the day after I wrote this review, I used my beloved Brulee and *gasp* *shock* *horror*...a tiny bit of pan peeking through!!! So now I have my back-ups, I feel safe...for the moment...I know they're gonna discontinue this and I won't be able to get them anywhere but ebay for ten bucks apiece...

Editd to add: hey, smtiquia, write your own damn reviews! I put a lot of time into writing mine, so how's about you take the time to write your own and don't take pieces of other people's reviews? I'm flattered and all, but seriously? /huff/

46 out of 48 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

This is my absolute favorite eye shadow that I have ever used. I have thousands of eye shadows, and I have never found one that I like this much or use as often. I wear this as a highlight or as a base shadow almost everyday because it matches my skin perfectly and evens out all of the pesky veins on my eyelid. It has amazing staying power. I don't find it chalky or drying either. I love this so much!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Attention: Asians who have tiny double lids!
After the disappointment with Nutty, I was hesitant to buy this. Nutty came out a frosty reddish muddy taupe on my light cool and yellow toned skin (it has taken forever for me to pinpoint my skin color!). But I decided to give it a shot.
I bought this with Revlon Vintage Lace in mind. I had used one up before. It's basically the same description as Brulee: matte, neutral, cream-colored, use it everywhere, use it to blend, etc. Here are the differences:
CONSISTENCY: Vintage lace was sliiiightly chalky. Brulee is sliiiiiiiighly chalky. Meaning, Brulee is ever so slightly chalky, but only under a magnifying glass. It comes very close to completely blending into my skin. I like it.
COLOR: Vintage lace was just... lighter than my skin. It was a straight-up cream. However, Brulee has this tiny bit of peach in it. Very unnoticeable unless you have my skintone. It brightens up my eyes, and makes my tiny double eyelids stand out (!!!!!) without looking like an eyeshadow. This is not something that my face powder can do. For this reason alone, I would repurchase.
PACKAGING: I think it's cute and compact. The package for Nutty was fine, but I feel like I'm going to break a nail every time I open Brulee.
REPURCHASE: Definitely... if I don't find something better by the time I finish this! =P

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this eyeshadow everyday. I also use it to highlight my browbone, nose, cheekbones ,upper lip and nose.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by BatFat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of those shades that should be a staple for everyone with a fair to medium skin tone. It's pigmented and smooth, great quality for the price. You can find it for $1-$2 depending on the store and sales. In one layer it neutralizes my lids, if I build it up it's a lovely cream shade like Mac brule. I buy this every time I see it bc it is worth having back ups. The only con is that the packaging is very flimsy and your shadow could break in one drop or while traveling.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 12:38:00 PM More reviews by rain12blue

Since I live in the UK, wet n wild products are hard to come by. When I had a trip to NY I stopped by a Walgreens store and stocked up on Wet n Wil products, I got this as I've read that it is a great dupe for MAC's Brulee. Now, I don't own MAC's version but I can definitely vouch for this product!

Pros:
- It's cheap
- Quality is great, one swipe on my lids and it evens out the veins and unevenness of my lids. Considering the price, the quality is superb!
- packaging is sleek, sturdy and great to travel with
- Staying power is great even without a primer
- Applies like butter and is not cakey

Cons:
- Not available in the UK!!!!

overall, well done wet n wild for this produt. I just wish it is available on my area to stock up. Great quality and great price will definitely buy again!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by zitpop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I loveeee this eyeshadow, it's the perfect nude color, just put this on with some mascara and you're good to go. It makes me look more awake and doesn't really look like I have anything on....which is ideal cause around my eyes is always kind of blotchy and I have broken capillaries blahblahblah......point is it's cheap (a dollar, A DOLLAR!) and it lasts a long time and is awesome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 1:37:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is one of the few shadows I have used up completely and had to repurchase. It is just one of those super versatile products that I find myself using on nine out of ten days.

On my NC15 skin, this matches my lid color pretty closely. So closely, in fact, that I use it on occasion to set my concealer. It's also great for days where you don't want to look like you're wearing a ton of eye m/u, but you want to cancel out any redness/veins/discoloration and brighten up the lid area.

This is also the perfect blending color, and is great for blending out eyeshadow of any color. I find that a lot of times, using this to blend with works better than using a clean brush.

It's cheap, easy to depot (if that's your kind of thing), but the packaging is also slim and easy to store. The shadow itself is incredibly soft and easy to work with. The only down side is that because the shadow is so soft, and the packaging doesn't absorb any kind of shock, the shadow is very prone to breaking when dropped. For this reason, I don't travel with it. I've never broken mine, but even if I did, they're very inexpensive. I would repurchase.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No