October 31, 2014 | 761 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Single - Brulee

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:51:00 PM More reviews by dramagirl18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an overall great product. It is very smooth and buttery, but I found that, like four of my other wet'n'wild eyeshadows, it broke without dropping it or hitting it. The packaging is a little difficult to open as well. Will be repurchasing this product as soon as I get tired of using the broken one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 6:45:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been searching for a MATTE creamy colored shadow from the drugstore for AGES AND AGES. I was actually on my way to Sephora to get one from Urban Decay when I stopped at a Rite Aid to grab a soda and this caught my eye. I bought it on the spot, no questions asked xD

I had heard a TON of good things about this shadow and I am thoroughly impressed! It is a very simple neutral cream color that works wonderfully as a brow highlight. I hate that "sparkly brow" look so this is perfect for me!

I also love the teeny little package! It's great for travel and it isn't wasting a ton of extra plastic. I much prefer when companies keep plastic packaging to a minimum *ahem* Revlon *ahem*

I just got this today but it will probably last me a good decade before I need to repurchase! I really like it and totally recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by mmbabies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this! I use it almost everyday as my highlight color. the packaging is a bit hard to open but I love it so much I don't even care. The shadow is very soft and pigmented well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

I've already bought this about three times and love it so much. Not only does it make the perfect es base without being too powdery or chalky, but I use it EVERY day with a soft brush after applying under eye concealer. Yep, I use it under my eyes. It is so finely milled that it won't cake up, but really helps to set the concealer, add a little more coverage, and it keeps your mascara from ending up under your eyes. Try it!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

If you're light to light-medium skinned, this is one of those buttery, matte "nude" colors (i.e. probably will disappear on your eyelid) that's useful for a neutral eye or for blending out your other eyeshadow colors. I use it pretty much every day to tone down the edges of my colored eyeshadows or to mattify my eyelids (since I have oily lids). You only need one swipe of the product on your brush to cover one whole eye.

Like all the new Wet n Wild eyeshadows, this one is super buttery and pigmented. I have a tendancy to go through it quickly because it's soft and has a tendancy to crumble / break if you're not gentle with it. (I've broken one or two already just by dropping or tapping it against something.) For the super cheap price though, this quality e/s is unbeatable. I highly recommend it for everyone, regardless of whether you wear 'natural' e/s or colorful e/s. It's a very versatile product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by annabelle807

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this eyeshadow quite a while ago, so I think I've gotten a pretty good sense of how well this works for me.

When I first opened the packaging (which felt quite cheap but was light I guess?) I was impressed by how buttery the eyeshadow was. It spread and blended easily and was quite opaque with just one swipe.

I bought it initially planning to use as a undereye concealer/to even out the discolouration from veins on my eyelids and I think it works pretty well for the latter purpose. However, while it covers them completely and is a pretty good match for my skintone, I find it just a wee bit too light, thus making the area look ashy. As an undereye concealer, this would be a good option for those with light skin and undereye circles. It worked pretty well towards the beginning of my school term but as I had to stay up later and later to finish assignments and *ahem* cram for exams it became less effective. It works as a great setting powder for similarly coloured cream/liquid concealers though!

I just started wearing coloured eyeshadows and I think this is a great brow highlight colour/transition colour/base colour as well. Simply put, it's a multi-tasker, a miracle worker, an amazing eyeshadow! And all for a really great price too (about $2-3 CAD at Walmart)!

While this is a great colour, it gets one lippie of for looking a bit ashy at times. I would still repurchase (especially at this price point) though!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by josiecat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow! I wasn't really expecting much for the price, but what I got was a gorgeous matte beige eyeshadow with excellent coverage. Unlike many other (often much pricier) skin-tone eyeshadows, I did not have to keep layering the product on to get an ample amount - just a few swipes and I'm done! Lasts all day with no creasing. I plan to purchase several of these.
***Update: I've had to remove two lippies from my review because this eyeshadow completely crumbled in the container for no apparent reason. It's a complete mess. Worse than that, it definitely looks ashy. I didn't really realize this until I looked at photos of me wearing it. So disappointed :(
I love the coverage and feel of this, but wish I could find it in a skin tone that looks good on me.
It would still work as a highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i use this as an all over eyelid powder base. It evens out any redness my lids may have. Also helps with the oiliness and prevents creasing. Smooth eyeshadow not chalky. nice under eyebrow highlight when I have a tan.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:56:00 PM More reviews by shgirl2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

After reading the reviews for this I went out and bought it when CVS had it 2/$3. When you see that it's matte - it's matte, but it does work nicely when you want a little bit more of a finished look without looking overly made up. For the reviewer who said she dabs a bit over a few spots and it sets them, you're right. I use Lancome's Dual Finish to do the same thing and it comes in a wide range of colors. Definitely a trick worth trying.
I will probably back for more of this. The packaging could be better but for $1.50, what else could you want ?!?!?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by TRACYwashere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Prefect matte highlight color! This is a soft creme color that is soft and not chalky. It's also affordable. No complaints here! I'd definitely buy again.