December 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by Sarasotagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Less drying than UDPP, less oily than TFSI, more effective than Tarte and all others. Dries clear and matte without emphasizing crepiness -- a perfect primer for mature lids. The price point is great and the packaging just right. Makes my powder AND cream shadows last 8 hours without creasing.

One caveat: Like UDPP, it dries a little "tacky," so blending is a little tougher than without primer. But that's the tradeoff to making things last. I find that by using a touch more shadow -- and a better, silkier, more blendalbe shadow -- I have no troubles.

The only way they could improve this is to make one with pigment or shimmer, like UDPP Sin or Eden, to make this an all-in-one product. But adding pigment would probably mess up the chemistry.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by Beth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

There is a story about Bobbi Brown going batshit once when she saw one of her makeup artists using foundation as a shadow primer. "We DON'T use foundation as primer! Ever! EVER!!" she supposedly shrieked at the poor MA. But whoever published the story didn't tell us why not. And apparently BB didn't mention it, either. Well, after using foundation, concealer, or creamy shadow like LM Eye Basics as primer for some years, I finally figured it out: Too much pigment. I noticed recently that my creases would become caked with pigment, which would flake off my eyelid like tiny rocks. So really, what you need is a primer without pigment that keeps powder shadow put. Behind the Scenes fits that description perfectly. It comes in a little squeeze tube with a slanted tip; you can put it on with your finger, or a brush, I suppose. It has no color of its own, dries quickly to a matte finish, and keeps multiple layers of powder shadow set all day. And I don't get those little rocks falling out of my crease any more.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lashjunkie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this primer! The packaging is sanitary, the consistency is perfect, and it goes on smoothly. I use a fairly moisturizing eye cream (Chanel Sublimage) and also eye sunscreen (Shisheido) and without this product, my eyeliner is in my eyelid creases instead of at my lash line. I also like that it's a flesh color, and not white, because I sometimes just use liner and not shadow, and I don't want my eyelids looking freakishly white.

My only complaint is that it's difficult to find, I had to order it online, but I can live with that.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by rosanamir

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to try Lorac's eye primer because my oily eyelids ruined my eyeshadow in 2-3 hours. Soooo glad I did! My eyeshadow stays put until I remove it 15-16 hours later. A little goes a very long way, so you get excellent value. I just lightly tap the tip of my ring finger to get some product on it and dot the primer all over my lid and blend. It sets easily, evens out my lid skin tone, and seems to smooth the lid, too. Eyeshadows glide on and stay on. I have sensitive skin and experienced ZERO problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Bebefl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer! My roommate has the Urban Decay primer, and we used that one for a good 2 years until I discovered Lorac's primer. Compared to UD, this one goes on more smoothly and has a cleaner packaging...not to mention lasts forever! I have already has this product for almost a year and am no where near the end of it. I just love the way this product makes colors pop on your eyes, and it indeed does keep your eyeshadow on all day. I can go from work to happy hour easily, and not worry about smudging or reapplying at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by neverender

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the second eye primer I've ever used. UDPP was the first and the container was not good. The bottle dropped and broke. I had to scrape it out and put the product in the jar; it was something I'd have to do anyway since it's hard to get the product with the wand. Lorac's Behind the Scenes is everything I've ever wanted in an eye primer. The consistency is smooth and easy to blend. My eyeshadows last all day. I can't tell you how much I love this product. Good job Lorac!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this primer the best with regards to texture and performance, but this gave me little red bumps that itched. I find TFSI is close to this regarding performance, and both this and TFSI, outperform the MAC paints, which was very surprising. If I wasn't so allergic to this, this would be the one I'd use. I also feel the need to comment on UDPP here, which I found ridiculously drying and irritating and found the same to be true for the Bare Escentuals. For me Mac Bare Canvas seems to be the best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this better than UDPP, man this stuff really makes eyeshadow stick. Oh boy!! The consistency of this product is as thick as a paintpot but it really doesnt settle into my finelines which is great. I even use this under my eyes (i know this is so wrong), but I use it to make my undereye concealer stay under my eyes, my eyes crease soooo bad if I dont use primer under my eyes. I used this in hot steamy day, and my makeup looked great. This is definitely worth a purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

BEST EYE PRIMER ON THE MARKET...PERIOD!!! I have tried several others, including the exalted UDPP (hated it). Nothing has kept my e/s in place all day except for this! A little goes a long way, so I don't think that the cost is exorbitant. I also like the packaging - the squeeze tube makes it sanitary and easy to get every last bit out. I think the search for my HG eye primer is finally over!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2011 4:39:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A MUA suggested this over Urban Decay and Too Faced. I got this as a sample and I have to say I am pleased and loving this product.

I find that the Urban Decay primier potion end up wasting a lot of product inside the tube and when I cut open the tube and placed it in a container it dried out.

Hence, I prefer this Lorac primer because it works JUST AS WELL as UB primer potion but the packaging is a lot better! It is creamy and makes my eye makeup stay without creasing. I really like it and will purchase the full size.The packaging is in a squeeze tube and you can get the product out without wasting any product. Also, the packaging is very sophisticated and classy.