December 19, 2014 | 861 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2007 9:16:00 AM More reviews by juliajazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Matches my very dark eyebrow with my dyed golden brown hair.
Makes my upper lip hair disappear.

I adore this product and keep buying and buying.
Apart from the affordable price, this product is sooo easy to use:
1. You mix the cream base and the bleaching powder together.
2. Leave it on your desirable areas for 15-20 minutes. (Time is variable.)
3. Wash it off.
And..that's it!

The only con about this is I get a nasty smell, especially when I bleach the upper lip hair.
Anyhow, FIVE lippies to this. I've been loyal to it for 5 years. Haven't found any thing better to replace it. I tried it on my friend and she loved it too!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by darkphoenix33

I have dark blonde/light brown-ish hair, and my eyesbrows (thanks, dad) are a pretty dark brown. For about 4 years I dyed my hair dark brown (almost black) to match my eyebrows, when finially I decided on a change. I took my hair back to it's original color, but my eyebrows were way too dark, but I was too afraid to dye them in fear of nasty, orange eyebrows. Thankfully, this product did the trick! My eyebrows are very, very thick and grow insanely fast (I pluck every three days or so when I don't wax) and I was really afraid of the 'salt and pepper' eyebrows. I mixed the bleach, which has a beautiful creamy texture and smoothed it onto my eyebrows. Just for good measure, I stuck it on a couple of other places (upper lip, small bit of arm hair) to see what would happen. I checked my eyebrows every 30 seconds, and only left it on for a minute or two. I didn't want a huge change to avoid strange regrowth. After the two minutes were up, I washed off the bleach (I didn't get a nasty smell, but it was probably because it wasn't on long at all). I didn't experience any burning, only a bit of redness afterwards, and I just put some Aloe Vera gel on the area and it soothed down. It turned my eyebrows a nice light brown, perfect with my hair! My facial and arm hair was already quite light, so there wasn't much difference. The shade was so subtle, the new growth blended in (unless you take one of those high powered mirrors, then it kind of looks stupid, like eyebrow highlights), and it's easy to bleach them for touch ups. The amount you are given will last for a very, very long time if you're only doing eyebrows or facial hair. I only bought the small jar, and it's going to take me months to finish it. I may not buy this product again because I'm dying my hair a medium brown in about a month, however I would definitely buy this product again if I had the need.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by greenheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have the mild one with aloe vera. This is my first bleach, and I quite like the result. I have dark thick hair,so I left it on my skin for 15 minutes-the maximum time suggested in the user guide and afterwards wash the cream off with cold water. It turns my black hair into light, golden hair which blends in with my tanned skin tone. I do have to complain about the strong ammonia smell that hangs over for the next 24 hours or so under my nose. It does not irritate my skin or anything, just the smell was bad enough to take in. 1 lippy off for that reason, but overall a great product to have.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this. I bought it to bleach my upper lip hair. I now use Sally Hansen bleach. This burned almost immediately whereas Sally Hansen bleach only burns if you leave it on too long. I got break outs on the skin where I had used the bleach. I do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't think there was a difference between the cream bleaches in the drugstore. I was using the Sally Hansen on my eyebrows and they were coming out orangy. The Jolen is much better for achieving a lighter look to match my colored hair. Cheap, easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by SSeward

Waxes and depilatory creams break me out, for some reason this doesnt. My HG for dealing with facial hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by mcarpio

Good cheap stuff... It does do what it says it does...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by violoniste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have light brown hair with gold highlights and got sick of the lady at my expensive salon dying my naturally BLACK eyebrows russet. I figured I'd try something myself and see if I had better luck. This was it! I used the mild formula and left it on for about 7 minutes. My brows came out perfect -- the cream just took the edge off. There was basically no stinging compared to what they use on me at the salon, and no unpleasant smell at all. The texture of the cream makes eye drippage unlikely, so although you should be careful with anything around the eyes, it's fairly easy to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2007 1:03:00 PM More reviews by gemini36

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff rocks! I also use this to bleach upper lip area and it works great for bleaching eyebrows, mine are black and 5 min or less and I get a nice color. No orange/yellow. Please be careful w/ this though, don't do what the review below me did! The reason her brows came out yellow orange is because she left the bleach on too long. If your eyebrows are brown already then you do not need to leave this on for 5 min the way someone w/ black or dk.brown eyebrows would need to.In other words the lighter the brow the less time you leave this stuff on.HTH

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by melly321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to try this on my eyebrows after reading the great reviews here. I've never bleached or coloured my medium brown brows before. I left this on for only 5 minutes! They now look yellow/orange. Can't wait to see what colour they'll be during the day... maybe they'll glow. If you use this, please be careful, and check every couple of minutes!!!