September 17, 2014 | 1026 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jolen Creme Bleach

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2007 1:59:00 PM More reviews by greenheart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have the mild one with aloe vera. This is my first bleach, and I quite like the result. I have dark thick hair,so I left it on my skin for 15 minutes-the maximum time suggested in the user guide and afterwards wash the cream off with cold water. It turns my black hair into light, golden hair which blends in with my tanned skin tone. I do have to complain about the strong ammonia smell that hangs over for the next 24 hours or so under my nose. It does not irritate my skin or anything, just the smell was bad enough to take in. 1 lippy off for that reason, but overall a great product to have.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't like this. I bought it to bleach my upper lip hair. I now use Sally Hansen bleach. This burned almost immediately whereas Sally Hansen bleach only burns if you leave it on too long. I got break outs on the skin where I had used the bleach. I do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 11:41:00 AM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I didn't think there was a difference between the cream bleaches in the drugstore. I was using the Sally Hansen on my eyebrows and they were coming out orangy. The Jolen is much better for achieving a lighter look to match my colored hair. Cheap, easy to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by SSeward

Waxes and depilatory creams break me out, for some reason this doesnt. My HG for dealing with facial hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2007 10:56:00 AM More reviews by mcarpio

Good cheap stuff... It does do what it says it does...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by violoniste

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have light brown hair with gold highlights and got sick of the lady at my expensive salon dying my naturally BLACK eyebrows russet. I figured I'd try something myself and see if I had better luck. This was it! I used the mild formula and left it on for about 7 minutes. My brows came out perfect -- the cream just took the edge off. There was basically no stinging compared to what they use on me at the salon, and no unpleasant smell at all. The texture of the cream makes eye drippage unlikely, so although you should be careful with anything around the eyes, it's fairly easy to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2007 1:03:00 PM More reviews by gemini36

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff rocks! I also use this to bleach upper lip area and it works great for bleaching eyebrows, mine are black and 5 min or less and I get a nice color. No orange/yellow. Please be careful w/ this though, don't do what the review below me did! The reason her brows came out yellow orange is because she left the bleach on too long. If your eyebrows are brown already then you do not need to leave this on for 5 min the way someone w/ black or dk.brown eyebrows would need to.In other words the lighter the brow the less time you leave this stuff on.HTH

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by melly321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to try this on my eyebrows after reading the great reviews here. I've never bleached or coloured my medium brown brows before. I left this on for only 5 minutes! They now look yellow/orange. Can't wait to see what colour they'll be during the day... maybe they'll glow. If you use this, please be careful, and check every couple of minutes!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2006 7:02:00 PM More reviews by mascara_junkie

I love this product!

It's THE BEST at getting rid of those unwanted facial hairs (and I've tried waxing, depilitory, even shaving...) It makes my upper lip hair fade to a light blonde that blends in with the rest of my face perfectly.

It stings a little, but so what. I'll update with how long this lasts and If I break out.

UPDATE:

I haven't broken out, and it lasts for a little over a week - perfect! I love this! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2006 1:58:00 PM More reviews by diremaidenfair

Ladies, this is THE bleach for facial hair! A while back I tried Sally Hansen (that was complete crap) and then found this little beauty. I bought the bigger box, which lasted forever and gave great results - it burns a little but you'll get over it, just make sure you used COLD water to wash the area! I don't buy it anymore because I've since moved on to laser treatments for my upper lip, but if it ends up not working out I'll definately revisit Wal-Mart for this. Cruelty free, relatively cheap, and huge thumbs up!!