MAC Mineralize Foundation

3.8

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate 2.50% Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Isohexadecane, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Alcohol, Triethylhexanoin, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Pentylene Glycol, Glycerin, Haberlea Rhodopensis Leaf Extract, Beta Vulgaris (Beet) Root Extract\Beta Vulgaris\Extrait De Racine De Betterave, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure, Lysine, PEG-15/Lauryl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Inulin, Magnesium Chloride, Octyldodecyl PCA, Caprylyl Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Zinc Chloride, Isododecane, Potassium Chloride, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288)]

Great foundation! I am probably one of the biggest foundation junkies in the world. ha. lm always on the lookout for the best foundation out there. Lately I've been searching for a good creme foundation and have tried pretty much everything out there, from high end to drug store. I have found some that I like but was never completely satisfied, til now. My skin is normal to dry, especially dry in the winter. This foundation is perfect for my skin. It is very moisturizing and when applying it on your skin you can definitely feel the moisture in the product. Because of how moisturizing this foundation is I would definitely not recommend this for people with oily/combo skin. I love this foundation very much. The one thing about it that some people might not like is that you really have to set this with a good setting powder otherwise it would probably come off early in the day. Thats not a big deal for me because I usually always use a setting powder. But this foundation is awesome and definitely think its a great one for people with dry skin :)

i this is my first mac foundation i ever tried coz i heard so many people broke out from their foundation so i use MUFE which works perfectly for me when my skin was oilier. Because of winter I started to have flaky cheeks and dry patches in some areas on my face. I'm thrilled to try MAC products and decided to get some sample in nc30.
Wow, full coverage i dont even need concealer at all. It has natural finish. The women at the salon cant even tell that i got foundation on and she said i dont need to buy their skincare products because my skin is flawless. I wish i have perfect skin just as she said to me. She thought im just being funny. I'll wait until i run out of the sample to purchase the full size....I use sigma f80 to apply this foundation along with sephora make up primer. I'm having a major breakouts with tiny white bumps all over my face. MAC don't make good foundation for sensitive skin like me....... COlor match was perfect

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was just reviewing the Pro Longwear Foundation and realized I'd never reviewed this. This is my HG foundation. I absolutely love the finish and it works even on my very oily skin, I just have to blot mid-day. This is my winter foundation and Pro Longwear will be my summer.

Great job on the foundations recently MAC. Neither of these break me out and the finish on both is fresh and young looking.

I'm NC20 and color match was right on.

Pros: Good coverage, finish and staying power
Cons: Colors seem off on this MAC foundation (run darker/orange)
I went out and bought this foundation the first day it was released at my MAC counter and didn't even bother to look at the color (my mistake!). I bought NC40, which is the color I buy in Studio Fix, bought found it to be too dark/orange in this foundation. I used the whole thing anyways and went back and debated between NC37 and NC35. A MAC makeup artist suggested NC37, which I went with but still found it too be too dark and orange. Unfortunately I never returned it (not sure why) and used it half a dozen times but now it's been sitting in my makeup drawer untouched.
Besides the color match problem I've had, I really liked this foundation. The coverage is medium and can be built up medium-heavy but the finish is still natural. I found it easier to work with than liquid or a powder foundation, which was why I was drawn to it. I used a flat top buffer brush which I liked better than a sponge or stippling brush. It lasted throughout a 10 to 12 hour day with primer underneath and powder on top, and got slightly oily towards the end but not horribly so. It didn't break me out and made my skin look even in color.
I'm on the fence about purchasing another one since Maybelline Dream Smooth Mousse is similar in consistency and working well for me (including color overall) and is cheaper than MAC. I do like MAC products though so who knows, I'll probably cave and buy another one (hopefully the right color)...

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I love this foundation. It gives a medium to full coverage and does not feel heavy or cakey. I have normal sensitive skin, and when I break out I don't like to use concealer so I can let my face breath a little. This gives enough coverage where I don't have to use concealer. I feel the best application is MACs 130 brush. It's dense enough to hold the product but like the 187 it spreads and buffs the foundation on flawlessly. I find the 187 is too loose to spread foundation and the 190 puts too much on. You don't need to set this with powder if you want the dewy look.

Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral

I so wanted to like this. I does not work for me. I am an NC 30-35. The 30 was too light, the 35 looks orange on me. It's too heavy, too thick, sinks into lines. Actually, I bought and returned this once before. I buy so many foundations that I forgot why I returned it, now I remember. I also bought and returned that over priced brush they promoted to use with it. I bought this again because I want a compact foundation with mirror to carry in my purse. It's not happening.
I was not thrilled with the packaging either. I tap the button to open the foundation and the bottom sponge compartment pops open. Very annoying but I could live with it if I loved the product.

Ok so i've only just bought this product, so I'm going to comment what I've seen in one use.
Coverage: medium to full, I used this foundation with a stippling brush with a light hand, and I see perfect skin in the mirror! lovely texture, more creme-to-powder than normal creme foundations. lovely feel on skin. Not greasy in the least.
Color: my color is NW15. Yes. I'm that pale..the color blends perfectly into my skin and doesn't seem to change during the day
Price: payed 33 euros, madness! far too expensive for the empty pockets of a post.grad student! but i'm entitled to a little treat now and then, don't you agree?
Repurchase: maybe not because of the price, but this foundation is wonderfull!
Will update once I've used it more and I'm taking a lippie away for the price.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was one of the lucky people that saw this foundation at the MAC counter, and they happened to have my color in stock (NC20, I'm usually NC20-25). The MA told me they have been out of it for months, due to popular demand.. and I now know why! The coverage you get makes your face look flawless.. it is not a heavy foundation either! I would advise to moisturize ahead of time (I get some dry flakes prior to applying cream type foundation if I don't! My skin is dryyy!) and you will get flawless coverage with a sponge, fingers, or a duo fibre brush! You will still need to use concealer on those problem spots, but other than that, you will look fantastic. I finish off with mineralize skinfinish in medium. This has not broken me out. the other mineralize foundation (with the pump) broke me out and I don't usually break out anymore! Anyway, I don't use this foundation every day because my skin is pretty clear, but I think putting saran wrap/press and seal wouldn't be a bad idea to prevent it from drying out! Love love love!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is my HG. I have been looking for something good for my skin and not matte. I tried the select tint and liked it but it slid on my face. This stays put and doesn't oxidize. I have oily combination and very large pores. Cream foundation works good for this skin type. i also love studio tech for pictures and going out. nc40's should get the nc40 in this despite the mac artists insist on getting a lighter color. if you try to get a lighter color you'll end up orange. this is darker b/c its mineral makeup and should blend into your skin. another thing, i wear avon primer underneath and the Mac blot in medium dark, but if i don't this will slip and cake around the t-zone.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

This has become my all time favorite foundation. The color match is dead on. The best color match for me in any Mac foundation. I am a nw50 and I am hard to match. I love the flawless look this foundation gives me. I have normal to oily skin but I have not had problems out of shine. I put this on in the morning and I look just as polished at the end of the day. I use a FF oil control powder on top or my MSF in deep dark depending on the look I am going for. With the MSF I do have to blot about twice during the day. With my FF oil control powder I do not have to blot at all. I get excellent coverage. I don't like a heavy coverage ( like to see my skin, just more even) so I don't build this foundation up but the MA said that it is buildable. Please try!!