Clinique High Lengths Mascara

3.8

on 12/16/2010 12:21:00 PM

As the name suggests, this is not a volumizing mascara but still leaves a decent amount of product on the lashes to make them look fuller. Definitely makes my lashes look longer. Holds up a curl quite well, doesn't flake or smudge, even resisted a crying fit (though I was careful to not rub my eyes...). Comes out nicely with lukewarm water or makeup remover. The brush use has a steep learning curve: the first application leaves goops of mascara on the lashes, but you have just to continue to comb, the brush will distribute the product on the lashes and separate and define them. It's a bit trickier to apply on bottom lashes but practice makes perfect. My mascara started to dry a little bit after three months, so I added one drop of almond oil in it and it's good as new.

I got this as gratis. I love the length it adds to my lashes. I do find the brush a bit flimsy, and that it can leave a large amount of the product at the base of the lashes but overall I am happy with the effect and would purchase again.

on 11/28/2010 7:58:00 PM

I only used this once. It was in a GWP. I hate the thin curved brush. It did make my lashes longer but this brush is the worst! I couldn't use it on my lower lashes without getting it on my skin.

on 11/23/2010 5:58:00 PM

I got the sample of this mascara from a campaign of clinique and I actually love the effect of it on my lashes.Its colour is a really dark and beautiful black,and once you get used to the wand/comb it is easy to use.It curls (really!) and lengthens the lashes and it also gives some volume.It did not smudge on me either.
Well,until this point it sounds just perfect! BUT, I don't know why it dries out so quickly... The performance of the mascara dropped like 70% since I first opened it (less than 2 months)
Anyways, I liked the effect-but I will not pay that much for a mascara that dries out so quickly.

on 11/23/2010 4:06:00 PM

I dont know if its only me found this one is very good at lengthening and volumizing lashes. I gives me the spider lashes. I have long lashes but hard to curl and this one hold my curl well. I put it on top of my revlon lustrous and these two give me the fake eyelash effect.

on 11/20/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this mascara and used it for the first time last night. I read a lot of reviews about it and decided that I should try it. I absolutely love it, I already have long eyelashes, but this mascara made them dark and long in basically one stroke. So happy I bought it.

on 11/13/2010 5:11:00 PM

This is another one of clinique's great mascaras. It separates lashes, and gives you great length! It also has great pigmentation and just makes your lashes look great. This is one of my favorite mascaras and I will repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Another great product from Clinique. I use this mascara when I want thin fluttery long and girly lashes. This makes my lashes look amazing. Best part is that I got it free (Clinique Bonus :). The brush can be a bit of a pain but overall great mascara.

on 11/2/2010 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This mascara was a suggestion to me from a girl at a local cosmetic store in my mall. I had a 10 dollar gift card and needed some mascara. When she showed me the little mascara wand I almost laughed in her face. I didn't think I was gonna like the mascara but they told me I could bring it back so I bought it. To my surprise, this is probably one of the best mascaras I have used. I have extremely long lashes naturally and this mascara goes on perfectly. I haven't had any clumps, and it stays on my lower lashes without flaking off mid-day. I will continue to use this!

on 10/21/2010 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really like the wand~ it gets to every single lashes and separates them really well~
love the packaging~ love how i can have natural look for one coat and a more dramatic look if added a few more coats~

but.....it smudges!!!